The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rosslarkin - the person there makes hypotheses based on info that certainly has not been divulged on the TV show. Or at least I can't remember any of what he mentions in the second paragraph as being revealed in this or prior seasons.

Originally posted by Anton:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Proxy:

DESMOND GOT high elektromagnetism when the hatch was blown..You all missed this..

I love *******.... seriously.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for pointing that out proxy wp icon_rolleyes.gif

Super episode and a total mind****. Leaves me wanting more and I now can't wait for the next one. The idea of someone's conciousness moving backwards and forwards through time is intriguing. Been done before though - Quantum Leap.

Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Oh, yeah, how come nobody has mentioned that it is Xmas Eve 2004 on the freighter and Boxing Day on the Island?

Where was it said it was boxing day on the island, can't remember that?

Not explicitly RedRob - but Lostpedia et al have very meticulous Lost nerds counting the days since they crashed on the island, and they figure it to be Boxing Day.

nerds in being wrong shocker.

Not explicitly RedRob - but Lostpedia et al have very meticulous Lost nerds counting the days since they crashed on the island, and they figure it to be Boxing Day.

I think it is in the press release they get from ABC, as opposed to someone counting them

How can you know what the day on the island is if it doesn't relate to the same day as off the island.

One epp does not = 1 day so I don't see how you can count.

And any reference to a date is from an outside source, i.e. I think in that epp someone says its boxing day and Jack says he didn't realise it was.

Now if the date on the island does not equal the date off the island how is jack (or us) ever to know.

Hope that makes sense.

Originally posted by Hexhamlad:

I still think less than 100 days have passed on the island. Probably a couple of years off it.

Flight 815 crashed on 22nd September 2004 and the calendar that Sayid saw on the ship said 24th December 2004

We don't know if that calendar was planted just in case the Losties got onto the ship. I doubt it as saving them is not what the ship is there for so they would have no reason to plant something like that.

Originally posted by spankie:

We don't know if that calendar was planted just in case the Losties got onto the ship. I doubt it as saving them is not what the ship is there for so they would have no reason to plant something like that.

My thoughts are that the calendar is incorrect. Why does it have to be correct?

When they asked Desmond what date he thought it was none of the crew corrected him with the correct date. Until someone on the boat says the correct date i'm skeptical.

Originally posted by Willy Tull:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spankie:

My thoughts are that the calendar is incorrect. Why does it have to be correct?

When they asked Desmond what date he thought it was none of the crew corrected him with the correct date. Until someone on the boat says the correct date i'm skeptical. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was mental and talking to Faraday on the phone, no-one was likely to correct him.

Also what Jack said about a baseball game is irrelevant, he might not have been for 3 weeks before he flew to Aus, then how long was he there for? Few more days. Etc etc.

Originally posted by The_Fish:

He was mental and talking to Faraday on the phone, no-one was likely to correct him.

Thats not really the point, the point is that no-one on the boat has confirmed the date. We have seen a calendar and there is an assumption that it is correct. It may be or may be not, it would be very easy for the writers to decide and write in that it is not.

Well Desmond called Pennie on the 24th and she answered and from what I remember she aknowledged she had been waiting for that call in eight years time. So if it had only been three months then roughly 100 days is right, I read 90 something days a few episodes back so I guess that fits in. So much happens in a short time on the island though which obviously makes it appear as though more time has past.

I watched the episode for a second time with my mates last night. The first thing one of them said after the epiosde was 'Minkowski was poor!' We were all expecting something slightly more insightful. Maybe it will go back over his story.

Originally posted by Goater666:

and if i remember rightly when Des made the call, didn't Penny have Christmas decorations in the background?

Yes she did and she also said that she was waiting for the call for 8 years.

Desmond went back to 1996 and told her that he'll call her on 24th December 2004 - 8 years.

So, IMO the boat is from "present day" in the Lost timeline - 2004. Otherwise why would Penny be calling the boat in 2004 if it set sail in 2007/2008 and somehow travelled back in time.

If it did how did she know how to call them 3 years or more before they sailed?

Dan Faraday said that the time travel that Desmond and Eloise did was only with the conscious and not physical. I doubt that the makers of Lost will suddenly make physical time travel happen as well.

Archived