Another "team from scratch" challenge

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang. Hate when that happens. Their keeper musta been MoM.

Just had a lucky/unlucky match.

2nd leg of CL Qualifiers - Missed a penalty 3rd min. Went 1-0 down, and 3 players got injured in 1st half. So I used all 3 subs by half-time. 48th min, my sub got injured, so I'm down to 10 men.

Luckily, the opposition is Levski, so I came back to win 2-1 icon_razz.gif

Sadly, my injuries were: Taiwo (2 months), Marcelo (1 month), Piatti (1 month).

So this is going to be a tough month for me.

Will post my transfers, and results soon.

Remember that in this challenge your not keeping the wage budget under what the team gives you, you have to keep it under 500k per week. Also, no single player (except English players) are allowed more than 50k per week.

I think it's always much more difficult to get results away in Europe, or at least it was in FM07. I suppose it adds that extra level of realism although it's incredible to lose 3-0 after a game like that!

Anyway I've sent Piatti out on loan with a couple of other kids. I would send Stancu out as he looks very undeveloped but he's doing well. I didn't sign Liedson as planned because his composure is ridiculously low so I signed Diogo. He's looked okay but hasn't scored yet. When I was beating Dinamo Kiev I brought Stancu on for the last 10 minutes to see what he is like in this game and bagged a goal.

My CL group is:

Valencia

PSV

Besiktas

If I could turn Valencia over at home and get myself 9 points at home, well...that's the strategy really. In cup games I usually go more out in away games to get an away goal but the points matter here. Would have been nice to get an easier group but I guess it could have been much worse. Teams like Milan and Manchester United got amazingly easy groups though.

Zellix

Dont you go complaining about your CL group mate! I hate to over-come Valencia in the QUALIFYING round fgs! My reward? Madrid, Roma and Besiktas in the bloody group stages! icon_mad.gif

Will post an update of where I am in my game soon. Doing great but not being able to put 3 matches together because of bloody work! icon_frown.gif

im in a lil bit of trouble as my team lacks a striker. i spent near enough all my money on defenders and midfielders i didnt actually buy a established striker. icon_redface.gif

Any Ideas for 5m and under

Cannot be a youth player like Saivet........

Zellix - you shoulda kept Piatti in your team unless you have better. I subbed him on twice, and after convincing performances, I gave him 2 starts and he's been my best player.

He has played 4 (2 of them subbed on 2nd half), scored 5, assisted 3.

He's out for a month now though :/

Anyhow - transfer window has closed and almost £70M spent.

34 players bought.

Transfers In

First Team

Match Results

I had a bad start to the league.

I had to use Saivet as a lone striker away at Portsmouth, and Taiwo made it worse by getting 2 yellows in the 1st half. I dominated the match even with 10 men but they scored with the last kick of the game.

No excuses for my other loss against Middlesbrough away. Again, I was the better team but they made the most of their chances and won 4-3.

I'm using at least 4 U-20s in my 1st 11, and at least 5 English players in the match squad.

Now, I got Bojan on loan but he will ONLY be allowed to play in the Champs League. And he will NEVER be in my first 11. He can only be subbed on in the 2nd half, if I decide to use him.

Champions League Group

Milan

Werder Bremen

CSKA Moskow

London Utd

I'm sure I can make it 2nd in the group and progress.

Btw, if I've done something against the rules, let me know.

Originally posted by welshace:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antfm08:

i got denilson for 7.5m and arrange friendly

are we allowed to sell barnes???

i dont believe this for a second!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Antfm08, if you can, could you post a screeny of your transfers please.

Yeah thanks the team is playing well enough without Piatti icon_wink.gif. He looks very undeveloped on my game like Stancu does but still performs "okay". For my AMC's I'm using Farfan, Riquelme & Nolan mainly with Barry Robson and Defour as backup. I'm retraining Kalouda to play in AMC as well and of course have Barnes. Kept Skjelbred in the reserves so far and will probably loan him ot so he gets some games. Pryor, Mihelic and Rafaelov all look promising. Just beat Chelsea away and Man Utd at home so it looks like the team has turned a corner icon_smile.gif.

cheers hulk ill have a go. welshace i dont know how to do what your on about and i only used fmm to look at pa of regens. heres the screenie but i didnt get him for 7.5m like i thought i did i got him for 4.7m. I have no idea how but there you go fm is sometime unrealistic and crazy like man utd being relegated in a previous save game...

heres the screenie

denilsonforsadostf2.th.png

anything else you want me to prove

if you cant get him for 7.5m you need to brush up on your technique!

its true.. sometimes it is crazy and unpredictable mate... but prices of players at the beginning of the game isnt one of those things...

and no im not suggesting you cheated ... im just saying that IF you did... would be impossible to prove or disprove mate..

i just find it a bit odd that you said you got him for a specific deal like 7.5 mil and a friendly and then its actually 4.7 mil...

but each to their own mate... its your game. do as u will icon14.gif

Madrid, Benfica, Stuttgart for me in the CL.

Beat Chelsea 1:0 (they were all over me like a big vest and I lucked out) but got blasted 4:2 by Man City.

Ashton continues to suck the big one and I have dropped him to the bench for a while

Fletcher doing well still, Valera also having a mare at the mo and is being replaced regularly by Stearman and or Elliott

right... as i said.. wanted to start again... but stick with the core of my last squad as i think i had a good bunch of players... just wanted to change a few things...

06252008183558ir8.th.jpg

this is my new squad presently.. minus a dozen or so reserve players...

ive spent a hefty 60 mil already and am missing a lot of players so il have to tread carefully

DaREdEVIL

Lol. No you got that completely wrong.

- You're allowed to sign as many players as you want who are aged 22 or LESS.

- You're allowed sign a maximum of TWO (2) players who are aged 27 or MORE.

- You're allowed to sign any number of English players regarless of age, fee or salary.

So bascially, you are not allowed to sign players of the ages 23, 24, 25 and 26. icon14.gif

My understanding is a 23yo like Samba is not allowed hence my restart.

20yo in 1st team starting squad so far Barnes, Diogo, Ledley, Fazio, Marcelo, Eduardo (DM), Omozusi, Lopes, Skjelbred, Mattock, Daminuta, Sankhare Defour.

Joe Garner looks good at £500k, on my false start he came on and scored against Barcelona in a 2-2 draw away, and Sharp £3 and Ganea £700k.

The transfers are nuts at times as they wanted 4.5m for Ian Walker who was going to be English backup GK

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

DaREdEVIL

Lol. No you got that completely wrong.

- You're allowed to sign as many players as you want who are aged 22 or LESS.

- You're allowed sign a maximum of TWO (2) players who are aged 27 or MORE.

- You're allowed to sign any number of English players regarless of age, fee or salary.

So bascially, you are not allowed to sign players of the ages 23, 24, 25 and 26. icon14.gif

.........unless, of course, they are English.

i spent 112m and i just sold giles barnes to chelski for 14m

just looked at my group for champs league and i nerly cried lol

barcalona

porto

stuttgart

and i had to play sevilla in qualifying

but i think hulk might of accidentally put us as a low seed for champions league not sure tho

thinking of buying micheal owen BUT wondering if i can change budget as club is doing well financially....

Originally posted by Zellix:

Just wondering but I thought in the first season, even with sales you had to stick to 100m maximum?

That's what I thought too.

thinking of buying micheal owen BUT wondering if i can change budget as club is doing well financially....

No, you can't adjust the budget.

Just wondering are the board / fans unhappy/happy about any of the signings youve made as my fans and board hate zapater and also love farfan.

Ive never had zapater before so does anyone know if he gets better..

Tip if struggling uses kimz tactics works brilliantly for my team as i just beat chelsea 5-2 away!

Originally posted by antfm08:

Just wondering are the board / fans unhappy/happy about any of the signings youve made as my fans and board hate zapater and also love farfan.

Ive never had zapater before so does anyone know if he gets better..

Tip if struggling uses kimz tactics works brilliantly for my team as i just beat chelsea 5-2 away!

Are you talking about the monthly Board Confidence Update where they say "X is a good signing" and "Y is regarded by the fans to be a poor piece of business"? If so, don't worry about it...

I've only had Zapater a few times and he's always been solid for me.

As for Chelsea - it's not Kimz tactic. There's a bug where they leave a lone striker unmarked. Adebayor scored 6 or so against them in a slaughtering.

theincrediblehulk - I was wondering whether I can sell one of my 27+s in January and buy a replacement, or am I only allowed two 27+ transfers per season?

To clear up a couple of points:

but i think hulk might of accidentally put us as a low seed for champions league not sure tho

No accident that. I played around with the settings a bit. I actually gave us a seeding of 2 but deleted all the previous year coefficients (which is what I think contributes to the tough groups). Originally, I had copied Liverpool's and put them in ours but then figured I'd rather make it a little more difficult! icon_smile.gif

am gonna start this but tell me if this is right, players age 23, 24, 25 and 26 can only be signed for tutouring 10 starts only and off the bench

Yes, you can sign them for tutoring purposes. The whole purpose of that rule is to help your youngsters grow though. So they can develop their mental stats and learn a few new moves. Its not there to give you options on the bench. There's no point exploiting the 10 starts and unlimited off the bench appearances clause. Its only made so the player doesnt get unhappy and also because sometimes I've noticed that the player needs to have played a few games before you can get him to tutor.

Just wondering but I thought in the first season, even with sales you had to stick to 100m maximum?

That is correct. You're allowed to spend a maximum of 100M. I stated in my op that even though you're given the option of a bigger budget, you're not allowed to use it. That applies to any player sold as well.

No problem mate. I'm just struggling at the moment with Greg Pujol upfront. Going to be tough finishing in the top 4 if Pujol doesn't start scoring.

Also, is the left over transfer fees from this season carried onto next season? Meaning, since I have 30M transfer budget left, Can I spend upto 70M next season (if I don't buy anyone in January)?

ahh ive now broke about 4/5 rules

1- took foster injury away

2- sold barnes

3- went 6m over even with selling barnes as didnt realise how much compo was on some players

fcuk sake

anyway am i allowed to get new feeder clubs?

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

Lol. Nope, sorry mate. Thats not allowed either. Just buy a good English striker in Jan for your team. Guys like Ashton, Defoe, Vaughan would be available under 20M I reckon and are all very good. They'll get you the goals you need I'm sure.

Coolio... Will definately go for Vaughan and Ashton.

Suprisingly, lotsa rules makes this more fun :s

My transfers

I just got this started up - I've got the team in now. Not all that great, we've got one competent striker, but it should be interesting regardless.

Englishmen: David Jones, Giles Barnes, Stewart Downing, Michael Carrick, Ben Foster, Ryan Taylor, Stephen Warnock

Illegal Immigrants: Many

Strikers: Andre-Pierre Gignac, Henri Saivet's torn calf, some useless-looking Eastern Europeans

Suprisingly, lotsa rules makes this more fun :s

Yeah makes it more fun icon_biggrin.gif.

Had an excellent start to the season but just came down to earth with a bit of a bump. I'll still be top of the group but lost at Valencia 3-0 although early on in the game we played just as good. Coincidentally Zapata was out injured for that game. Digard did brilliant himself but I've lost not when Zapata has been fit. Two games left and the group looks like this:

London Utd 9

Valencia 6

Besiktas 4

PSV 4

Next up PSV away, which may be difficult. Fortunately I still have a home game against Besiktas to look forward to.

Archived