Another "team from scratch" challenge

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

Team looks good now mate. Good players everywhere. Great price for Crouchy as well. He'll get you plenty of goals. A bit too good a TM on the game. Very solid going foward. Not so much at the back I guess. But I'm pretty sure you're going with the "you score 2, we'll score 3" philosophy and you've definitely got the players for that. icon14.gif

Riddle me this though batman - how on earth did you get Samaras?? Isnt he on loan at Celtic in season 1?? icon_confused.gif

Thanks mate icon_biggrin.gif Yeah I'll be conceding more than a goal a game, but scoring around 3 goals per game. I'm happy with that icon_smile.gif

Ok... Just checked Samaras' history and yeah, he's supposed to be on loan this season :s I haven't the slightest clue why his transfer came through immediately...

Anyone else bought him? If someone has spare time at one point, would be great if they check if the same thing happens. If his transfer doesn't go through (which it should since I assure you I didn't edit anything), I'll be happy to not play him this season at all.

[btw, fantastic 1st season Hulk. Unlucky with the league though icon_frown.gif]

Ok.

Originally posted by antfm08:

Crouch should be good. BUT Samaras... I hope your not starting him. Other than that i good team and 7m remaining good work icon_wink.gif

who are fraga and gomez?

Nah not starting Samaras. Actually, not 7M left icon_razz.gif I spent a total of like 99.9M (due to staff and future transfers).

Gomez is a decent young AMC, and Fraga is a young decent GK. Don't think either of them develop to become 1st team material, but could be an investment.

Doesnt really matter if they develop theyre value will probably treble because he bought them for next to nothing.

Someone try and work this out..

London utd 3 - 1 Man utd

Arsenal 0 - 2 London utd

London utd 0 - 2 Sporting CP

im on 9 game unbeaten run in the league and ive lost 2 of 2 in the CL. How Sporting CP only scored 2 i dont know lol

sherica- end of season 1 quick update.

My team was sadly knocked out from all competitions in early early phrase and the league was the only thing left to play for...

nearing the end Man City was constantly bugging me for the 4th and last champions league spot. Liverpool went out of steam after the 30th league game or so. And after the 37th league game i was behind Man City by 2 points. They have 70points while i have 68points. But all was not lost as my team host Man City for the last league game which promise to be a thrilling end to the season. My team needed nothing less than a win for this game and i setup my team to attack them right from the start...

The team played extremely well and we were up 3-0 within 34mins! Man City immediately pulled one back but a 3 goals deficit was too much for them to handle. I protected the lead throughout the whole of 2nd half and after the final whistle my team is playing CHAMPION LEAGUE FOOTBALL again next season!!

The Score

The Table

Got knocked out of the League Cup by Preston (Away) in the 3rd round icon_razz.gif I have Arsenal as the next match so half my team were undeveloped youngsters, and other half were Diogo, Buonanotte, Piatti etc. Went 2-0 down, brought on Elliot in CB 2nd half and only got back to 2-1.

Ah well, who cares about that competition ;p

antfm08 If you look at the coach report on players, it says there under Stengths if they enjoy big matches.

Sherica Unlucky first season, though at least you got 4th place in the league. Well done icon_biggrin.gif

teeyougee I'll have a look.Anyway the only fans that care about carling cup are tottenham fans just look at the players they put out throught the comp and how they celebrated it afterwards. Unlucky Sherica just make sure you get some better players in so you can win next season icon_wink.gif.

Finally won a Cl game but i bottom of the group with 3 games left...

1st in prem so far...

Barkers

Mate, have you had a read through wolfsongs guide on team-talks? If you havent, I highly suggest that you do that. Because if you give the right team-talk, your team is likely to respond to you everytime. Even though I've not mastered them, I'm very good at giving them now. And my team really responds to that. It's a vital part of the game. If you choose the wrong options, your team is likely to flop. This is especially the case against smaller team where you get those annoying results where you draw or lose even though you dominate. So make sure you check that guide out. You'll find it on the tactics and training tips forum.

Mark.

Thanx mate. Yeah, Marcelo and Barnes are my first choice. Its pretty weird because Barnes's value hasnt really gone up at all. Still stuck below 5M and now there's interest in him from everywhere!

Yeah, no rotation either. Couldnt afford to do it with the players I had. I tried it once when I was 8 points ahead and that was the reason my form dipped and I lose the lead eventually. I did manage to give Prudnikov and Sakho 7-10 games though. I'd recommend Prudnikov to everyone really. Quality striker. I actually have a dielemma with him now. He's at a stage where he's beginning to look really good. However, he would look phenomenol by the time next season ends if he got regular football I'm sure. With Rocchi turning 31 in the summer, I'll need replacement soon. So I'm not sure whether to just give him whatever games I can in my team or send him out on loan to Reading or someone where he plays regularly! icon_frown.gif

sherica-

In season 2 and further, you can. 30M is your transfer budget. Any other money you make from player sales, you are allowed to spend that as well. If you sell a player for 20M, you are allowed to sign a player who conforms with the age restricitions for the same or less value as well. Check out the rules on page 3 for season 2. icon_smile.gif

Unlucky through the season mate. Although good job on getting into the CL's for next year. icon14.gif

antfm08

Yeah, I was very surprised and happy with the CL victory. Actually darned proud of it seeing what I had to go through to win the trophy!

Yeah, thats a tough group you have. Although I still consider mine tougher with Valencia in the qualifiers and Madrid, Roma and Besiktas in the group stages! icon_razz.gif

You can check a players "big match" stat by looking it up in FMM.

teeyougee

No, definitely play Samaras. If its a bug, then its not your fault really. Why you would want to is another really question though! icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

Not too disappointed about the league tbh. I gave it my best shot and plus winning the CL a week later got rid of all my blues! icon_smile.gif

Lol, cool. I've only given Samaras like 10mins of football so far and he did okay.

League hasn't started well again - W3 D3 L2.

Drew 4-4 at home against Arsenal, but I'm happy since i got a last minute equaliser. I played Marcelo in AMC(l) and he scored 2 in 5 mins, then hit the post a few mins later. Gotta find out if he's consistent in that position.

I beat Inter 2-1 at home in my 1st group match, and I just beat Lyon 3-0 away! icon_biggrin.gif They had more chances but Hart done brilliant in goal icon_smile.gif Got Celtic at home next, should be an easy win.

Really gotta sort out my league performance though.

Out of the CL thanks to Ai Bull****

Look at this result.

uefacup4meeh9.th.png

They had 5 shots in the first half and i had like 71% possesion. Brought bojan on and he missed one open goal and another sitter. Gyan missed open goal and riquelme hit the post in the last minute. I only needed i f***ing draw to go through....

And they done me over at home as well...

first team

06272008155716gj2.th.jpg

reserves

06272008155756px5.th.jpg

my game got corrupted (first time its ever happened to me :/ )

so i started again and these are the teams ive assembled... worringly lacking in depth but ive got some quality players in now, rocchi (thankyou hulk) will get the goals and riqueleme will provide im sure... again ive gone with spending on quality rather then quantity , which gave me the time i needed to unsettle and use my rep to buy great english talent.

Lol. Nothing wrong with that result mate. They outplayed you by the looks of it. They had more shots and more possession. From the little that I see, one of the reasons I reckon you lost the game is because of your pass completion rate. 58% is quite low mate. Try to alter your players passing a little. They shouldnt be giving away possession that easily.

Unlucky Ant, but yeah you still did pretty well scoring 3 outta 5 shots on target.

Very nice team there Welsh, you should be on your way to a successful season icon_wink.gif

I qualified through my CL group winning my 1st 4 matches, but lost 2-1 away to Inter and drew 3-3 at home to Lyon. Top of the group though, but with my luck I'm facing friggen Barca in the next round -.-

4th in the league after 17 matches (W9 D4 L4). Should finish in the top 4 hopefully.

Crouch has only scored 14 in 22 matches :/ Anyone know the best way to play him?

teeyougee

I spose 3 goals outta 5 on target aint too bad but i should be beating Sporting Ccp by at least 2-3 goal margin not losing 4-3.

For Crouch 14 in 22 games is very good lol better than my strikers. For me Gyan Asamoah has got 11 goals in 26 games and is my top scorer. Try using him as a target man so get your gk distributing to him, cross often etc, challenge gk at corners, or try giving him a partner.

I badly need to stop drawing games was 1st by 2 points after 8 games. But now after 16 im 4th with 9 wins 6 draws and 1 loss. Struggling to put games to bed.

Any ideas to help this first 11

costil (sp)

r taylor richards s taylor marcelo

ambrosini

barnes riquelme r traore

asamoah farfan

NOTE: My opening post has now been edited. All the rules etc that I have for this challenge can be found in that post. This includes the rules for season 2 and further.

Very few additions have been made (if any). I would still advise even people who've already started the challenge to give it a quick glance if they can. But esentially it all remains the same. Hope its easy to read and understandable. If there are any questions, just ask.

If anybody who misses this post should ask, please direct them there. Thanx.

Also, thanks to dafuge for editing it for me. icon14.gif

Hi all current Squad on my new game:

GK: joe hart - 9M

DR: Nedum Onuoha - 8M

DL: Taye Taiwo - 5.5M

DC: Fazio - 3M

DC: Habib Bellaid - 4.7M

MR: Barnes

ML: (need some 1 here) Abdou Razack Traore - 950K

MC: Zapater - 7M

MC: David Jones - Free

AMC: Riquelme - 9M (29)

FC: dayro moreno - 3M

Youth

saivet - 475K

aquino - 575K

sakho - 425K

fleck - 575K

Ninis Sotiris - 3.9M

Jordan Spence - 400K

Cedric Evina - 475K

Thiago - Free

Need a bit of help for ML and anouther striker if possible have £40M left

Jamie543

For ML, there's nobody better than Marcelo for 5.5M (release clause). So sign him on. He's quality.

I would strong advise you to get a better striker than Moreno. He's pretty good but get someone better else you might struggle a lot. Try guys like Ashton, Rocchi, Amauri, Cabanas (who's all that much better than Moreno tbh but anyway).

yeah, finished season 1!!

after a torrid start to the season i managed to grab th elast cl spot by finishing 4th.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g151/barkers01/endofseasontable.jpg

most of the players played ok. could have done with more goal from amauri for sure. defence was pretty solid.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g151/barkers01/endofseason1-1.jpg

got knocked out of the league cup in the 1st game against reading. got knocked out of the cl in the 1st round knock out stage 2-1 against porto. won the fa cup! after a superb display against man utd

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g151/barkers01/facupfinal.jpg

onto season 2.

Originally posted by Jamie543:

West ham want like 30M for Ashton and Palermo are wanting more then 10M for Amuri ill try for Rocchi and Cabanas

its hit and miss for the prices on some of the players. 1 mintue youll check and they want 20mil, check back a day later and they take 7mil.

pot luck im afraid.

Man this game is soo unrealistic it's frustrating. Their's no way my team should be challenging for the title or winning my champions league group. Non of our teams are good enough to win the CL yet it happens and IRL probably not even midtable. After the incredibly excellent unrealistic run my team have had I'm just sat here watching my team play at old trafford now and Darren Fletcher just did a Ronaldinho and has just scored a 30 yard volley to make that the sixth goal put past me. This goes from one extreme to the other xD. The formation United use looks much like the formation Kimz made and for corners they have Ferdinand and Vidic though, I mean how unfair is that icon_razz.gif.

Barkers

good job winning the FA cup. Ferguson must be fuming with his players for missing so many chances to kill off the game. icon_biggrin.gif

seems like in most of our game Liverpool is the "Top 4" team that cant get hold of the top 4 spots. with Us and Man City being the team to break into the top 4 icon_cool.gif

Lol unlucky zellix.

I just drew at home with fulham and carlos bocanegra scored a 35 yard screamer and i had a goal offside and got the 'fa silent over their stupid linesman being a blind p***k comment.' icon_mad.gif

Its frustrating but fun xD

Well done barkers. icon_biggrin.gif

i just found out tim wiese's contract runs out so ill maybe offer a contract and sell costil n foster next season xD

Daredevil - Why would you want him after his performance against Turkey. Hes 6'6 and hes rubbish in the air lol

Barkers- I wanna know the same thing icon_confused.gif

Season 1 Transfers:

First Team Squad:

GK - Joes Hart (9M) and Benoit Costil (825K) and Ben Foster

DR - Nedum Onuoha (8M)

DL - Taye Taiwo (5.5M) and Razack Traore (925K)

DC - Federico Fazio (3M)

DC - Habbib Bellaid (4.7M)and Miranda (5M)

MR - Barnes and Kalouda (3.5)

ML - Marcelo (5.5M) and Razack Traore

MC - Zapater (7M) and Kivuvu (4.6M)

MC - David Jones (Free)

AMC - Riquelme (9M)

FC: Cabanas (4.8M) and Dayro Moreno (3M)and Stuani (3.8M)

Reserve Team

Jordan Spence (400K)

Mamadou Sakho (425K)

Henri Saivet (475K)

Joris Delle (275K)

Cedric Evina (475K)

Alexandru Popovici (600K)

Thiago (Free)

Sotiris Ninis (3.7M)

Andre Ayew (1.1M)

Niklas Barkroth (350K)

Danny Welbeck (875K)

John Fleck (575K)

Aquino (575K)

John Bostock (475K)

i have around £5M left played 1 game so far which i drew

antfm08

Yes, he would mate. The rule about free agents clearly stats that as below:

- You are allowed a maximum of 3 free signings of players aged 27 years or more. However, this needs to comply with Rule 5 whereby you can have a maximum of only 3 players aged 27 year or more in your first team squad at any point in a season.

Question for everyone.

Whos won/winning the league in your save?

Arsenal are terrorising on mine (5 points clear)and they've bought Frey, Mutu and Kuzmanovic so they basically unbeatable. Hopefully they'll fall away like real life....

Arsenal were winning the league but then they drew with Man City and then a few games later they lost to Everton. Fortunately they still had to go to Old Trafford and they lost their so I'm just clear. However I must have been smoking crack when I put my team together, just as I have to go to Highbury for the most important game of the season, have an FA cup tie and have the second leg of the league cup semi final both of my first team fullbacks have to go to the African nations cup. I also have to play Chelsea whilst their gone. Looks like I'll have Marcelo and Marvin Elliot in defense...

On the last game I played though Man Utd only lost one game all season.

Funny how they sign the same players. Although i beat them at they begining of the season. Man utd are utilising the bug of 1 upfront very nicely by using kimz tactic and liverpool are making good signings but never seem to do good on 8.0.2 patch

Chelsea wont have Essien, Mikel or Drogba.

Dont think arsenal will have Adebayor.

And Pompey wont have any players left in their squad.

My teams progress update

3rd in league

Bottom of my group thanks to rock hard group and Ai cheating

Fa cup (not started yet)

League Cup - Just played Chelsea in semis and beat them 4-0 away from home so very happy icon_cool.gif.

26 assists for Riquelme

17 goals for Gyan Asamoah

Arsenal won it on mine as I reported above. I practically gifted it to them. Finished a measely point above me and I had a far superior goal difference! icon_frown.gif

They only bought Mutu and Kuzmanovic on my save. I know they were interested in Frey but didnt sign him for whatever reason. Went through the whole season unbeated yet again the buggers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question for people: Who have you lot got as your captain and vice-captain?? My captain is Amauri (what a choice he turned out as well for me!) and vice-captain is Zapater.

Weird. Frey hasn't conceded much but his ratings aren't always high on mine. That might have something to do with Arsenal being good so he doesn't have anything to do though.

I picked the players with the highest influence in my team tbh so I just went with Kevin Nolan (18) and Defour (16).

Nolan is a good captain. I was thinking about Defour but his age put me off. The player with the highest influence on my game was a reserve of mine - Prudnikov (18 influence already. Defo a future captain!).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having a bloody hard time trying to think up players for my season 2 atm. I've been stuck on the 19th July for the past 2 hours nearly trying to think up players and cant think of any especially in defence. BAH! Who came up with these darned rules anyway?! icon_mad.gif

Archived