The Play My Game Project

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alexio:

Wondering how you fill the MC postitions, one DM/MCd and one AMC, two AMC, or two DM/MCd?

Finding the more defesive minded player gets more shots than the other. Ment to be this way?

Great thread once again icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I prefer two proper mc's and my left mc as the better chances as hes the better player.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i had 2 du this:

SO cleon what is this balance?

Ho can i get it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've spoke about it many times and gone into detail about it, I don't want to keep repeating myself as it becomes a bore. Take a look at the shape of the formation and the setting's and you'll see its perfectly balanced out and occupies every inch of the pitch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> hey cleon i would love to try your save game.

si your game for patch 8.0.0 or 8.0.1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i had 2 du this:

Well what threads have ya gone into detail about it in because id love to read </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought you had this game licked man ?? You certainly gave that impression in a number of tactics threads.

Cleon's system does cover the pitch and all players have a couple of options, both backwards and forwards, to pass to if they are in posession. He also doesn't use "often" forward runs which can "empty" the midfield and cause a loss of shape and stretch the team too much. As well as this the midfield are also in a position to play nice through balls from deeper positions to the attackers, and especially the wider strikers who seem to get beyond the opposition nicely. I have even noticed the central striker dropping a bit deeper and playing through balls to them too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

Well what threads have ya gone into detail about it in because id love to read </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought you had this game licked man ?? You certainly gave that impression in a number of tactics threads.

Cleon's system does cover the pitch and all players have a couple of options, both backwards and forwards, to pass to if they are in posession. He also doesn't use "often" forward runs which can "empty" the midfield and cause a loss of shape and stretch the team too much. As well as this the midfield are also in a position to play nice through balls from deeper positions to the attackers, and especially the wider strikers who seem to get beyond the opposition nicely. I have even noticed the central striker dropping a bit deeper and playing through balls to them too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Infact my striker has the most goals and assists. The AMR is very prolific for me too and scores 1 in every 2 games at the minute.

It's well balanced because I have options when in possession, quite a few people to pass to and not limited really.

Cleon: Thanks for your words of encouragement. Muchly appreciated. I'll now await the "second coming" and attempt a tactic of mine own again, for the umpteenth time. You and rashidi1 keep me going in this game, whenever I feel like packing it all in.

Oh! How do you get to have the quotes in a box? I keep having to re-write everything over.

I often run down loadable tactics on a holiday season, but do not usually comment as usually no better than std tactics.

Although the test may have limitations it should give an indication of what may work.

3 tactics that have worked well - SUFC, WHU and Foira2.

As I play with Spurs I also prefer to use 2 strikers and not convinced Berbs is a lone striker, so Heathfiora may be tested.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oescus:

Cleon: Thanks for your words of encouragement. Muchly appreciated. I'll now await the "second coming" and attempt a tactic of mine own again, for the umpteenth time. You and rashidi1 keep me going in this game, whenever I feel like packing it all in.

Oh! How do you get to have the quotes in a box? I keep having to re-write everything over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the post you want to quote click the reply button icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I often run down loadable tactics on a holiday season, but do not usually comment as usually no better than std tactics.

Although the test may have limitations it should give an indication of what may work.

3 tactics that have worked well - SUFC, WHU and Foira2.

As I play with Spurs I also prefer to use 2 strikers and not convinced Berbs is a lone striker, so Heathfiora may be tested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't prove anything at all in all honesty, too many flaws.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knap:

Cleon

What are the flaws? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In your tests in holiday mode

I agree, because to trully see how effective a tactic set is, you need to look at it yourself in the match engine.

Running in holiday mode, the AI takes over and will respond differently to how a "human" manager will. Would an AI manager make the changes in settings or substitutions that we might make?

When teams play very defensive (f.ex.4141 with no farrows) against you , do you tend to decrease tempo/passing and increase with, or will this have a negative impact on the balance you were talking about.

In other words my question is this: As your reputation increases will you make any changes, or do you find it working well as it is, even agains ultra defensive opponents?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alexio:

When teams play very defensive (f.ex.4141 with no farrows) against you , do you tend to decrease tempo/passing and increase with, or will this have a negative impact on the balance you were talking about.

In other words my question is this: As your reputation increases will you make any changes, or do you find it working well as it is, even agains ultra defensive opponents? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the minute works fine but after promotion who knows

Sorry Cleon but can you be more specific as to the issues or distortions that using Holiday mode would make to the overall season results.

Heath - there is a box to tick to use current match tactics - if there is an issue such as Ass Man making changes then a major flaw.

A Human manager can also make good or bad substitutions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knap:

Heath - there is a box to tick to use current match tactics - if there is an issue such as Ass Man making changes then a major flaw.

A Human manager can also make good or bad substitutions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but given tactics we are looking at are considerably different to the AI choices available, I question the ability of the AI to make changes on the basis it does'nt have the same "knowledge" of the tactic as we do.

To run a true test for me therefore, requires us to view the matches, either full or highlights, in order that we "know" what's happening and how we can adapt the tactics to suit our own teams and players.

Another point is that I think we should also help the original posters develop the tactics, by providing our own input. By this I mean mentioning any tweeks we ourselves have made that have produced positive or negative results. Letting the AI do it defeats the object, as the object is to beat the AI. icon14.gif

Right well in my current tactics i dont concede from anything other than set peices unfortunatley i concede a corner or freekick so often its pathetic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then change how you set up for defending them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

True, but given tactics we are looking at are considerably different to the AI choices available, I question the ability of the AI to make changes on the basis it does'nt have the same "knowledge" of the tactic as we do.

To run a true test for me therefore, requires us to view the matches, either full or highlights, in order that we "know" what's happening and how we can adapt the tactics to suit our own teams and players.

Another point is that I think we should also help the original posters develop the tactics, by providing our own input. By this I mean mentioning any tweeks we ourselves have made that have produced positive or negative results. Letting the AI do it defeats the object, as the object is to beat the AI. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree holiday runs are flawed, but my motto is: If my assman can make it work, I can make it work. All you have to do when checking up is look at what players he used in what position. If you have a straightforward squad he will often choose the same players I would. He does rotate more in my games though

Two players defending each post, is usually a good start for me on corners. Check your settings for picking players up too. "Mark tall player" is useful. Keep it tight with the settings, but don't forget to have a man spare to pick up the second-balls and clear the danger. icon_wink.gif

Free-kicks are a bit too random to totally stop IMO, so as IRL, if ou're up against a Beckham, Carlos or Ronaldo, just close your eyes, cross your fingers and hope for the best. icon_biggrin.gif

Heath

Use AI to defeat AI.

If you wanted to change defending at corners, run a holiday game with and without change, then check results. I run them overnight so it takes no time, then look at result. Only an indication but you can then consider whether to incorporate in your own tactic or not.

Anyway off topic and apologies to Cleon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cleon:

Lots of people keep asking me to learn them how to play FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's "teach them" not "learn them" you idiot.

Are you eight years old or what?

See your point knap, but just think that it's easier to "see" what's happening when you're watching the games, human or AI ontrolled.

Anyway, it's time I hobbled round to the village bar...

...Tottenham v Man Utd is on live here in Spain icon14.gificon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Imperius:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cleon:

Are you eight years old or what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a "Northerner" I think that's a prejudiced comment... icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Anyway, Yorkshiremen say what they like... and like what they bloody-well say. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Imperius:

You might want to check some of your own wordings in threads before you start on me. If you're not going to contribute to a thread and just pull people up about spellings or wording, then may I suggest you go elsewere with your insults while you still can icon_smile.gif

Did nobody ever learn you any manners? icon_razz.gif

You might want to check some of your own wordings in threads before you start on me. If you're not going to contribute to a thread and just pull people up about spellings or wording, then may I suggest you go elsewere with your insults while you still can icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That'll learn 'im icon_biggrin.gif Northern solidarity icon_smile.gif

I need to find somewhere else to upload, but filefront's down for me too atm. So nothing I can do atm really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> tut tut you never assigned a penalty taker, cost me 3 points against bristol city :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never do :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

TBH, The Triangle tactic doesnt need improving. I mean, Maybe a few aspects of the defence need re-sorting but apart from that i mean! WOW! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The defence needs sorting? icon_biggrin.gificon_confused.gif wtf

Defence should be suited to any team.

Cleon

I run this as a Spurs game W9D7L3 F25A14

Berbs had an early injury but I thought Bent may be

better for this tactic.

One odd game was against Chelski- took them apart usual high sog and lost 1-0.

On my holiday season (well above average players) it worked well, so I've adapted to 442 and 4141 to retry, but as I have Matty the diamond may work better with the barrowed DM.

Cleon, when making this did you just make it on the fly and have it work instantly or did you have to work and watch games and look at stats and change things? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worked instant really

After 11 straight wins using WHUV10, easy home game against Blackburn - no chance.

1-0 down change from V10 (442Diamond) to sufc 442 (1-1) then 4141 to take contrl og game then full sufc to lead 2-1 the close out game with 4141.

Pace and formation changes, great game, FM08 at its best - Thanks to Cleon and Sussex Hammer for tactics.

Earlier game 3-0 up against Man U with V10 closed game out 2nd half with a 4141sufc.

would you reccomend using strikers, or typical wingers in the AML/AMR positions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I try and play players who are natural in the positions for best results.

Archived