The Play My Game Project

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think i discoverd a bug using this tactic. Every time i play against Chelsea my striker score like 4 or 5 goals. And every goal is the same misstake in the Chelsea defence. Someone plas a ball to my striker and the defenders go the other way and my striker has a free road to the goal. I dont understand this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Los_Culés:

Cleon, can I ask, did you try man marking on your DC's? I think in this system it could work, because you practically have three DC's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would if my players could handle it, but they lack the stats icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Los_Culés:

You surely have better players than me in defence...I'll try it, just wondering what are the crucial stats for good man-marking. Obviously marking, then I think concentration and tackling? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do probaly have the better defence, but there still not good enough for man marking sadly. The stats I look for are composure, concentration(this as to be very high), tackling, marking, decisions, strength.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jayjay67@btclick.com:

Man City no but I would like to see you try a real challenge with Sunderland icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These are not for me, there not games I play icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

And? This is why I stopped updating because of people like yourself. I'll update if and when I see fit. I do have more important things to do, that please someone on an internet message board.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pokka:

Great!

Just when it comes to the crunch, the chelsea game. You stopped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You my friend, can't even post in the correct thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razaldo9:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razaldo9:

Cleon i am using this tactic after the patch but have found that i am struggling against this formation.

--------o--------

--o--o-----o--o--

--------o--------

-----o-----o-----

--o-----------o--

--------o--------

Have you got any advice as to overcome these difficulties.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any help mate? Reading beat me 1-0 when I was using spurs and dominated from what i can remember.

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Close down wingers nad tight mark striker, that normally does it for me.

Great thread Cleon (well apart from the slaggings and 1001 questions from pokka). Never thought of something as simple as putting the WBL to short passing to get the playmaker more into the game could be so effective. Just shows that some of the smallest things can make a difference. Keep up the good work!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larsson1888:

Great thread Cleon (well apart from the slaggings and 1001 questions from pokka). Never thought of something as simple as putting the WBL to short passing to get the playmaker more into the game could be so effective. Just shows that some of the smallest things can make a difference. Keep up the good work!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its the little things that make the biggest difference icon_smile.gif

Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding the tactic on the first page of this thread. I usually employ fullbacks with short forward arrows to their respective WB positions. My reasoning for this is that the players I have are best suited to the FB position. Does the arrangement of having WB with an arrow back to FB affect this, as I would have thought they would play worse in this position?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Been meaning to ask for a while but keep forgetting. And apologies if its already been asked...

What is the benfit of having wing backs with a back arrow, as opposed to a normal full back with a forward arrow?

Surely that full back would play where you are wanting the wing back to play when you lose possesion, as indicated by the back arrows, and then when it comes to attacking in possesion of the ball, the full backs can push further forward with their forward arrows than your defensively minded wing backs?

phew - what a sentence - hope you understand what i'm trying to ask?!

Philipv - yeah, I meant a similar thing. You were more asking about players playing better in their natural positions? I meant that a full back would have more flexibilty going forward with a forward arrow than a wing back with a back arrow. Surely that means when you attack, your full back could get involved more, where as the wing back wouldn't go any further than their original wing back position?

But hey, Cleon, you know better than me!!! And I guess with your tactic you already have wingers further upfield to provide width. And it is more solid defensively if they are better placed for interceptions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neilb242:

Philipv - yeah, I meant a similar thing. You were more asking about players playing better in their natural positions? I meant that a full back would have more flexibilty going forward with a forward arrow than a wing back with a back arrow. Surely that means when you attack, your full back could get involved more, where as the wing back wouldn't go any further than their original wing back position?

But hey, Cleon, you know better than me!!! And I guess with your tactic you already have wingers further upfield to provide width. And it is more solid defensively if they are better placed for interceptions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

put your Wigbacks to FWR often and you'll see how offensive they could be

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cleon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larsson1888:

Great thread Cleon (well apart from the slaggings and 1001 questions from pokka). Never thought of something as simple as putting the WBL to short passing to get the playmaker more into the game could be so effective. Just shows that some of the smallest things can make a difference. Keep up the good work!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its the little things that make the biggest difference icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CLeon has said he has reverted to same passing for all. The short passing he initialy forgot to change back

Archived