The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I shall be going to a game for the first time in 2006 this Sunday icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

going to come to the wall?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I shall be going to a game for the first time in 2006 this Sunday icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

going to come to the wall? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With my family..? No way, you're all mentalists

Plus I most likely won't get there til lateish

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

heh, says the guy who worked himself up into a random norwegian frenzy when we were losing on monday :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Confusing you with that text was fun icon_biggrin.gif

benkeat on mod q btw? icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

With Ben on mod'q, someone has to take on his role:

"Haha, our defeat's made your season. Die manc scum.

5."

Ben <3

Stay strong amigo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ben is never coming back \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

heh, says the guy who worked himself up into a random norwegian frenzy when we were losing on monday :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Confusing you with that text was fun icon_biggrin.gif

benkeat on mod q btw? icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah the legend has been on modq for 13 days \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AllStar4:

One of the better Liverpool posters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's like saying herpes is one of the nicer STDs, tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Honest question folks:

Do most of you actually think Quinton is super-dooper, or is it more the fact he's a decent, hard-working grafter who plays like one of us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think quinny is under-rated despite not being good enough to be an automatic first teamer. he's the sort of player every squad needs to be successful - he'll just come in a nd do a job with no fuss, and will get stuck in when required. i hope he gets fit and gets a new deal tbh.

oh, and ben ifb icon_frown.gif

I do remember some player describing Quinton as the most skillful, or technically gifted, or words to that effect, player at United, based on what he sees in training. That was a few years ago, though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maverick:

I do remember some player describing Quinton as the most skillful, or technically gifted, or words to that effect, player at United, based on what he sees in training. That was a few years ago, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was roy keane, and he was talking about his will to win. he always wanted to be on quinny's side at training because he hated losing and put himself about in order to avoid it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

ben ifb ffs, Rdysn5, who do you support mate? I've seen posts from you liking us/liverpool/arsenal.

Just a bandwagon jumper? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep icon_frown.gif

I watched this in the pub last night with a few mates. I came home pished up & read the entire match thread but don't remember doing it icon_biggrin.gif

Today is so sweet. Even though I have a hangover, a cold & have to go meet Martin in town icon_smile.gif

At least we actually managed to score & beat Benfica in one of the two games we played against them this season \o/

Meeting me is ace icon_frown.gif

You can join me for a pint in the Sportsbar as well, my train won't be there for ages icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing he's buying icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

At least we actually managed to score & beat Benfica in one of the two games we played against them this season \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aswell as finishing bottom of the group. icon_frown.gif

Wicks so wrong in this thread, apart from when he was on about BBB. :/

Aye, I will mate, have you finished Men In Black yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, I wanted to read them in order. I should be done with both within the week, so could let you have it at the following home game...then it can be passed on to whoever wants it next.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

it has been nearly as year now.....

Martin, can you bring Red Army General with you on Sunday please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I used to own Red Army General icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

aye, do you wany MIB when Martin's done with it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No thanks going to buy it for my self

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rdysn5:

i know, place has been shat without ben /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh, you were celebrating the fact he was on mod-q earlier?

i really don't get you

so Keith aint buying the beer for Sunday as he aint coming, I'm doing Birmingham so who's gonna step up for Sunday? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do Sunday and i'll do Brum and/or Wet Sham

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United's Paul McShane could

join Brighton in a £200,000 deal during the summer.

The young centre half has established himself as a

regular at the heart of The Seagulls' defence this season and he was recently made captain of Republic of Ireland's Under-21 side during the 1-0 victory over Sweden.

McShane is presently on loan at The Withdean for the

remainder of the season, although Albion boss Mark McGhee is keen to make him a permanent fixture on the South Coast.

He told The Argus: "He won't necessarily be going

back to Manchester United. I know we still have ambitions to keep him.

"He is part of a nice group of young players and we are

going to need 20, not 14."

The 20-year-old recently revealed that he has been playing through the pain barrier

and has delayed surgery on a hernia in a bid to stave off the threat of relegation.

It is this kind of dedication that has impressed McGhee, and he added: "I think it will

be important for him to be where he is wanted and where he can see a longer term future.

"The longer term future is that in three years' time there will be a new stadium.

Regardless of the circumstances, I am still hoping he has seen enough to know this is a good place to be." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Boss: I Don't Mind Losing Ronaldo Bet

Sir Alex Ferguson could be out of pocket if Cristiano Ronaldo maintains his excellent recent goalscoring form.

The pair have a wager on Ronaldo reaching 15 goals this season, and the Portuguese winger has improved his chances of winning with six goals in five games, taking his tally to ten.

The 21-year-old’s equaliser in the 2-1 win over Wigan on Monday was his tenth goal of the season, and leaves him 11 games to get five goals and win what has become an annual bet.

Ronaldo scored six goals in his first season with United in 2003/04. Hoping to entice more goals from the former Sporting Lisbon winger, Sir Alex challenged his £12.5million signing to score ten goals in 2004/05. He narrowly missed out, scoring his ninth goal in the FA Cup final.

Sir Alex reckons it will be another close call, but says this year Ronaldo may leave his wallet a little bit lighter.

"I won last year," the boss says in the latest United magazine, "even though he tried to tell me his penalty in FA Cup final shoot-out counted. I was having none of that!

"But I'd be happy to lose the bet, and his recent goals mean I might lose my money this season.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

I bet they don't count the CL qualifier goal icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont see why not as everyone counts Ruud going by the fact everyone mentions he has 22 goals this season.

Forgot to update this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Manchester United 2005/06 Top Goalscorers - As of 06/03/2006 (after Wigan away)

Ruud Van Nistelrooy – 22

Wayne Rooney – 13

Louis Saha – 11

Cristiano Ronaldo – 11

Kieran Richardson – 5

Giuseppe Rossi – 4

Rio Ferdinand – 3

Ryan Giggs – 3

Paul Scholes – 3

Ji-Sung Park – 2

Gabriel Heinze – 2

John O’Shea - 2

Own Goals - 2

Sylvan Blake – 1

Darren Fletcher – 1

Liam Miller – 1

Mikael Silvestre – 1

Alan Smith – 1

Manchester United 2005/6 Assists

Wayne Rooney – 11

Cristiano Ronaldo – 8

Ryan Giggs – 8

Ruud Van Nistelrooy – 8

Ji Sung Park – 7

Louis Saha – 6

Giuseppe Rossi – 4

Gary Neville – 4

Darren Fletcher – 3

Kieran Richardson – 3

Paul Scholes – 3

Rio Ferdinand – 2

Alan Smith – 2

Lee Martin – 1

John O’Shea – 1

Mikael Silvestre – 1

Edwin Van Der Sar – 1

Nemanja Vidic – 1

Wes Brown - 1

</pre>

Goals for Cristiano and og's, assists for Ruud and Louis.

Archived