[FM24][SKIN] Mustermann Iconic v1.1 - Updated 23/12/23

GIMN

2 hours ago, Rodgar said:

That's the solution! I was just changing the attributes, saving and loading again... Thank you for the solution and for this awesome skin!!

if it makes you feel any better.. i done the same thing the other night. I've been making skins since fm 15..

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to find out what are the attribute ranges on our skin?

Does it become gold for example if an attribute is 15 or it needs to be a solid 16? If you check on the attribute threshold on the preferences it says it's 15 but I don't think that's true.

Is the page below situated on the preferences configurable or not?

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 5.49.41 PM.png

Edited by zois92

19 minutes ago, zois92 said:

Is there a way to find out what are the attribute ranges on our skin?

Does it become gold for example if an attribute is 15 or it needs to be a solid 16? If you check on the attribute threshold on the preferences it says it's 15 but I don't think that's true.

Is the page below situated on the preferences configurable or not?

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 5.49.41 PM.png

Having a look at the class, 

It has this      

<record min_value="1" max_value="5" file="mustermann/attributes/low" />
        <record min_value="6" max_value="10" file="mustermann/attributes/average" />
        <record min_value="11" max_value="15" file="mustermann/attributes/good" />
        <record min_value="16" max_value="20" file="mustermann/attributes/excellent" />

If you edit the attribute_circle file in the classes/attributes folder, you can change it, though you'll have to restart the game

7 minutes ago, TCSSkin said:

It has this      

If you edit the attribute_circle file in the classes/attributes folder, you can change it, though you'll have to restart the game

Thank you, that would be my next question on where to edit it.

I like to change the thresholds according to my league average

32 minutes ago, TCSSkin said:

It has this      

What about the DNA attributes?

Can you help me on where to find the file to change?

2 hours ago, zois92 said:

What about the DNA attributes?

Can you help me on where to find the file to change?

On 27/11/2023 at 15:22, GIMN said:

How Do I Change Attribute Ranges?

Hide contents

Due to the way the skin works, you can’t change the ranges through preferences.  Instead you’ll have to use a text editor.  Inside the Mustermann Iconic/classes folder, you will need to change the values for all the files inside the attributes folder and the dna folder.  

In each file, you will need to edit the min_value and max_values to your desired ranges.  Let’s say for example, you wanted to increase the lowest range to 8, and then make the remaining bands be 4 attributes each.  You would set the first range from “1” to “8”, the second range would be “9” to “12”, the third range “13” to “16” and the final range “17” to “20”.  You would then need to repeat this for all the aforementioned files.  Once done, caching off, reload the skin.

4 hours ago, Fat Sam said:

Can you give instructions how to make second version of the skin with numeric attributes?

You will need to start by reverting every instance of "attribute_circle" to "attribute_label" across all the xmls it appears.  Then you'll need to change the colours in the settings xmls so that they are readable.  You may also need to delete various panels where attributes have been removed from, but I don't keep a list of every place that is, so it'll be a bit of trial and error on your behalf.  You'll probably need to add ranges to the DNA classes so that it can show at each value.  For areas where attributes are aggregated across multiple values, this will need to be entirely redesigned to however you prefer.

26 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

@ GIMN, 

I've made some changes to the Iconic/classes  xml's, any issues with the update if overwrite them to the new version?

Thanks

Depends which classes you've changed.  Tomorrow's update will include changes to the ranges for the pizza, bar and pasty charts to reflect the changes to the ME from the patch a few weeks ago.  The other classes will be unchanged - so you should be able to copy over your changed xmls on top of these with no problem.

• GIMN changed the title to [FM24][SKIN] Mustermann Iconic v1.1 - Updated 23/12/23

Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

If you get chance anytime soon (I know your crazy busy) so no rush could you post the adapted panels for the backgrounds you changed - Press Conference, Broadcast Interview, Team Meetings and Player Meetings, so we could pop our own pics in there.

Amazing work Sir, thanks again for what you do 

5 hours ago, smurfygray said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

If you get chance anytime soon (I know your crazy busy) so no rush could you post the adapted panels for the backgrounds you changed - Press Conference, Broadcast Interview, Team Meetings and Player Meetings, so we could pop our own pics in there.

Amazing work Sir, thanks again for what you do 

I'll be packaging them up later, just need to clean up my personal version first.

5 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

Is there a way to change the contrast on the tactics screen so the positions stand out a bit more?

https://gyazo.com/8a064a2ea7e7c62a622053fd1422b44d

I am using the Claret and Blue color scheme, and they are just very hard to see.

Thanks for looking!

Not that I know of.  When I've looked before there hasnt been a way to change the blank positions icons.  I'll keep looking.

2 hours ago, Curtains-2720 said:

Hey mate, thanks for the update, was really looking forward to it :)

You remember my post about half time of prolongation (105'/120') with no option to do subs/tactical adjustments ? I got again there in a match so I took a screenshot for you to understand better

Here is what I see:

GTVu8sr.jpeg

Thank you for the screenshot - it is weird that it's hiding the bottom bar - I'll see what I can find out.

Ahead of firing up a new save using the skin, may I ask -

Is much/some of the data dependent on the quality of your performance analyst, or having such a person? I'm a lower league manager and likely to start without such a staff member, before later getting one with extremely low attributes for the job. Will that affect what I see with this skin? :)

29 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Ahead of firing up a new save using the skin, may I ask -

Is much/some of the data dependent on the quality of your performance analyst, or having such a person? I'm a lower league manager and likely to start without such a staff member, before later getting one with extremely low attributes for the job. Will that affect what I see with this skin? :)

No, not at all...of course if I could have tied it in to such, I most definitely would've!

1 hour ago, DaveShotta said:

Anyone knows how to fix the kit numbers on the "balls" ?

Downloaded the v1.1 and cleared my cache, but didnt help.

inbound4072390663282670260.jpg

Unfortunately this happens in some occasions where the kit and player numbers are the same colour.

1 hour ago, jamiemca123 said:

Hi @GIMN is it possible on the tactics screen instead of the round icons to have the players mugshot there as a replacement or even beside the round icon? 

thanks! 

Yes.  Find a skin with the icon you'd prefer, then copy over tactics/tactics icon info panel overview.xml

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

Unfortunately this happens in some occasions where the kit and player numbers are the same colour.

Yes.  Find a skin with the icon you'd prefer, then copy over tactics/tactics icon info panel overview.xml

is there a fix for it besides going to a different team? 🤣

1 minute ago, DaveShotta said:

is there a fix for it besides going to a different team? 🤣

No, there isn't a fix for it.  You can go in and change the number manually in tactics/tactics icon info panel overview.xml:

<widget class="label" id="bsnm" font="title" size="large" alignment="centre" colour="whatever colour you want that's already defined in the settings, or a generic colour like black"/>

If you then play a game in a kit that clashes with that colour the issue will appear again.

Hello, I am very happy to use the new skin, but there are a few issues I need your assistance with:

1. I usually use Simplified Chinese, and I noticed that the automatic translation on the skin is in Traditional Chinese. I wonder if there is a corresponding code that can be modified to display in Simplified Chinese.

2. The training displayed on this page is excellent, but could a training score be added to make it more intuitive to use?

3. Speaking of training scores, I found that on the personal training page, the rating arrangement cannot persist continuously. Could you guide me on how to modify this?

4. I hope this doesn't offend, but I feel that the current competition page displays rather limited content, requiring too many clicks from me. Therefore, I would like to switch to a layout like 'tato', but after changing just the 'match in between highlights panel.xml' file, it seems insufficient. Are there other files that need to be modified as well?

Thank you for your help.

屏幕截图(57).png

屏幕截图(56).png

屏幕截图(58).png

4 minutes ago, rexx.wu said:

I usually use Simplified Chinese, and I noticed that the automatic translation on the skin is in Traditional Chinese. I wonder if there is a corresponding code that can be modified to display in Simplified Chinese.

I'm afraid to say I have absolutely no control over how SI implements translations...all I can do is use the translation skins present in the game files.  If SI haven't provided an appropriate translation, I don't think I can help (as I have no understanding of the Chinese language, sorry).  Depending on the scale of the issue, I am happy for translations to be provided by yourself that I can then package in future versions, much like the Portuguese, French, Czech and Russian translations have been done, by wonderful users in this forum.   I say "depending on the scale", because those translations impact 3 files.  This is sustainable going forward, but if for Simplified Chinese it would require a much larger number, I don't think I can realistically make any promises or guarantees here, as it will significantly increase time required for future updates.

9 minutes ago, rexx.wu said:

The training displayed on this page is excellent, but could a training score be added to make it more intuitive to use?

I have deliberately opted against displaying the training rating as a number here, as I feel it is too granular.  The text is conditional on the training rating, and so it should become clear after time what it means.

10 minutes ago, rexx.wu said:

Speaking of training scores, I found that on the personal training page, the rating arrangement cannot persist continuously. Could you guide me on how to modify this?

You can look at editing team/team training person table info panel.xml - lines 37 & 38 set the default sort columns.

13 minutes ago, rexx.wu said:

I hope this doesn't offend, but I feel that the current competition page displays rather limited content, requiring too many clicks from me. Therefore, I would like to switch to a layout like 'tato', but after changing just the 'match in between highlights panel.xml' file, it seems insufficient. Are there other files that need to be modified as well?

I don't know the exact files/classes in Tato - if you check through the panel you copied over you should see what else you need to copy over.  If I use my touchline tablet panel as an example:

<container id="tttp" class="touchline_tablet_teams_panel" file="match/mustermann/tablet/teams"/>

This shows that it also makes use of the file match/mustermann/tablet/teams.xml

You would then need to check that file to see if it references further files.  There is also the possibility of custom classes used - maybe there is something like class="tato_tab".  In that case, you'd also need to copy over the relevant file from the classes folder.  Again, you might need to check this file to see if it references further files.  There may be references to other classes or graphic files.

Thank you for your quick response. I have already made a Chinese translation for the player types, hoping it will be helpful to others.

1、However, what I meant by Chinese refers to the player attributes here. As you can see from the image, even after this skin version update, the translation is still not correct. We need to use the method you provided last time to modify this file. I have also attached the attachment.

2、I used the standard version of the scoreboard for the UEFA Champions League, and the effect is pretty good. But is it possible to change the 'wtcs' icon to the UEFA Champions League icon? Which code should I modify?

3、Regarding the match screen, which specific files are responsible for the middle position that I have marked? Using your skin as an example, I think I can get a reference.

Thank you for your help.

屏幕截图(59).png

屏幕截图(57).png

player overview panel.xml player overview popup panel.xml player profile.xml attributes graphical.xml

16 hours ago, GIMN said:

No, there isn't a fix for it.  You can go in and change the number manually in tactics/tactics icon info panel overview.xml:

<widget class="label" id="bsnm" font="title" size="large" alignment="centre" colour="whatever colour you want that's already defined in the settings, or a generic colour like black"/>

If you then play a game in a kit that clashes with that colour the issue will appear again.

Tried that, but didnt do anything unfortunately..

12 minutes ago, DaveShotta said:

Tried that, but didnt do anything unfortunately..

Just making sure you have cleared cache and reloaded and not just reloaded? I'm not sure if also a game restart maybe required for this skin

4 hours ago, rexx.wu said:

1、However, what I meant by Chinese refers to the player attributes here. As you can see from the image, even after this skin version update, the translation is still not correct. We need to use the method you provided last time to modify this file. I have also attached the attachment.

You can edit panels/player/mustermann/overview/attributes graphical.xml, line 942:

<translation id="text" type="use" translation_id="227791" value="" />

The translation id relates to the SI translation files.  Remove it, and type in the value you want in value.

2、I used the standard version of the scoreboard for the UEFA Champions League, and the effect is pretty good. But is it possible to change the 'wtcs' icon to the UEFA Champions League icon? Which code should I modify?

panels/match/match score area.panel - lines 15-24.

3、Regarding the match screen, which specific files are responsible for the middle position that I have marked? Using your skin as an example, I think I can get a reference.

the entirety of the touchline tablet in my skin is controlled from panels/match/touchline tablet.xml and everything is referenced from there.  If you use a different layout, however (like from Tato), things might not work or fit.

32 minutes ago, GIMN said:

You can edit panels/player/mustermann/overview/attributes graphical.xml, line 942:

<translation id="text" type="use" translation_id="227791" value="" />

Or try one of the following ID's  as the translation might be one you're after as they all are "Communication"

@rexx.wu

If there are other places where the translation isnt correct, try and search here to see if there are other id's for the same

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\languages - example.ltf

17 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Or try one of the following ID's  as the translation might be one you're after as they all are "Communication"

@rexx.wu

If there are other places where the translation isnt correct, try and search here to see if there are other id's for the same

Those are IDs for Communication, correct.  The attribute there is "Command of Area" - which is a string that is quite long.  As @rexx.wu is needing this for personal use, it may be easier to just provide it with whatever they feel is most suitable than trying to align it with a specific translation id.

2 小时前, snowofman说:

@rexx.wu

Thank you very much for your solution. It was by utilizing the language file that I managed to resolve this issue.

4 hours ago, GIMN said:

Those are IDs for Communication, correct.  The attribute there is "Command of Area" - which is a string that is quite long.  As @rexx.wu is needing this for personal use, it may be easier to just provide it with whatever they feel is most suitable than trying to align it with a specific translation id.

Okay i wasnt aware of was command of area as the ID 227791 given in the line you posted just came up as "communication" :) 

2 hours ago, rexx.wu said:

Thank you very much for your solution. It was by utilizing the language file that I managed to resolve this issue.

glad you sorted it :) 

21 小时前, snowofman说:

The translation by SI is quite odd. For example, I tried several 'fitness' codes, but none of them pointed to the accurate official translation. It was only when I changed it to 'natural fitness' that it became correct. The same thing happened with 'throwing'; 'thr' is the official Chinese translation, but the logic behind it is unclear

屏幕截图(64).png

1 hour ago, Hazzard1 said:

HI! Have you thought of adding FM STAG STAT on your next update?

Let me preface this by saying that FMStag's work is fantastic, but I won't be including it for 2 reasons:

• The pizza/bar charts provide a positional break down with more granularity and uses a wider data set (higher accuracy and confidence level)
  • FMStag's stats are based off the original release - the ME has received a patch since then which, in turn, impacts statistical output and makes FMStag's results (potentially) out of date

Hi, awesome skin as always, thanks so much! Just have two questions if you have the time.

1) I've been trying to change the colours of a few things without changing the overall colour scheme. Have had no problem with attributes, pizza, and bar charts, but I can't seem to find where to edit the colours on the DNA chart. If you could point me to the relevant line/file, that would be super helpful.

2) I don't suppose you'd mind explaining how the pasty chart works? I can't seem to figure out what it means or how to read it.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the great work!

3 hours ago, krugerethan said:

1) I've been trying to change the colours of a few things without changing the overall colour scheme. Have had no problem with attributes, pizza, and bar charts, but I can't seem to find where to edit the colours on the DNA chart. If you could point me to the relevant line/file, that would be super helpful.

The DNA chart colours are controlled in the classes/dna folder.

3 hours ago, krugerethan said:

2) I don't suppose you'd mind explaining how the pasty chart works? I can't seem to figure out what it means or how to read it.

Sure.  It just shows how active a player is at a particular action compared to their peers, and how good they are.  The outer circle is the 100th percentile for all positions in that action.  The middle circle is how often this player performs the action as a percent of the outer circle.  The inner circle is success rate.  Let's take, for example, heading:

The 100th percentile for heading is 14.31 attempted headers per 90.

This player attempts 12 and wins 9 headers per 90.

Based on the default colour scheme, the dark blue circle woud fill 80% of the area, and the light blue circle would fill 60% of the area (which would be equivalent to 75% of the dark red circle).

@GIMN using this skin in my journeyman save and I know stats don’t carry over to new season, so I’m looking to dive into the world of doing spreadsheets and graphs just so I have my own copy of stats to refer to whilst recruiting new players and picking my team. 

problem is I don’t know where to start with doing spreadsheets and graphs this woyld be my first time, would just be normal excel ? What programmes do you use?

if anyone else in this post is doing same thing and has answers would be much appreciated cheers.

55 minutes ago, Hibs1875_Sauzee said:

@GIMN using this skin in my journeyman save and I know stats don’t carry over to new season, so I’m looking to dive into the world of doing spreadsheets and graphs just so I have my own copy of stats to refer to whilst recruiting new players and picking my team. 

problem is I don’t know where to start with doing spreadsheets and graphs this woyld be my first time, would just be normal excel ? What programmes do you use?

if anyone else in this post is doing same thing and has answers would be much appreciated cheers.

What I usually do is keep a save at the end of the previous season and go back to it when I want to check a specific player.

I know a bit tricky but it helps if you keep your targets in a shortlist

15 hours ago, Hibs1875_Sauzee said:

If I'm needing to use external tools for analysis, I'll use Google Sheets, but what @zois92 says is much easier.  Keeping save games from the end of season means you can import a shortlist so that you can check on the performances of just the players you need (rather than maintaining a repisotory of data for every player which you'll rarely need)

41 minutes ago, GIMN said:

If I'm needing to use external tools for analysis, I'll use Google Sheets, but what @zois92 says is much easier.  Keeping save games from the end of season means you can import a shortlist so that you can check on the performances of just the players you need (rather than maintaining a repisotory of data for every player which you'll rarely need)

if you are not familiar with spreadsheets or similar application keeping save files is the "easiest" way in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, zois92 said:

if you are not familiar with spreadsheets or similar application keeping save files is the "easiest" way in my opinion.

100% agree.  The only real benefit of spreadsheets or other is if you NEED to analyse something that you otherwise can't in game.

At which point, let me point you towards this fabulous article written by @MattyLewis11https://steinkelssonfm.medium.com/tableau-analysis-4a384b3b5170

hi mate the pic of stadium in next game section has shrunk, only happened today not sure whats gone on or if its something ive done, i reloaded skin to update a couple of regen faces but not changed anything else. Any help be appreciated its no biggie but because i know its shrunk it will drive me insane til ive fixed it going forward lol   cheers mate playing 3440 res ultrawide monitor

Screenshot (1).png

2 hours ago, smurfygray said:

hi mate the pic of stadium in next game section has shrunk, only happened today not sure whats gone on or if its something ive done, i reloaded skin to update a couple of regen faces but not changed anything else. Any help be appreciated its no biggie but because i know its shrunk it will drive me insane til ive fixed it going forward lol   cheers mate playing 3440 res ultrawide monitor

Screenshot (1).png

Depending on the stadium pack, not all images are the same size.  For example, in the pack I use, Marine's home ground is 800x480 (whereas most are 1200x720).  I opted against scaling the pictures up (or down) because some of those lower sized images are also quite poor resolution, too, so if they are enlarged they look AWFUL.  Also, there are a couple of options when scaling pictures surrounding aspect ratio.  If you maintain the aspect ratio, then no images fit the container completely, so you'll have a bar either above and below, or to the sides, for every stadium picture.  If you don't maintain the aspect ration, it stretches or squishes the image in places.

You can have a play around yourself, by editing panels/human/mustermann/home/next fixture/next fixture details 3.xml, line 14:

<record id="default_properties" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="false" keep_aspect_ratio="true"/>

Change scale_picture and keep_aspect_ratio to your liking.

6 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Depending on the stadium pack, not all images are the same size.  For example, in the pack I use, Marine's home ground is 800x480 (whereas most are 1200x720).  I opted against scaling the pictures up (or down) because some of those lower sized images are also quite poor resolution, too, so if they are enlarged they look AWFUL.  Also, there are a couple of options when scaling pictures surrounding aspect ratio.  If you maintain the aspect ratio, then no images fit the container completely, so you'll have a bar either above and below, or to the sides, for every stadium picture.  If you don't maintain the aspect ration, it stretches or squishes the image in places.

You can have a play around yourself, by editing panels/human/mustermann/home/next fixture/next fixture details 3.xml, line 14:

<record id="default_properties" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="false" keep_aspect_ratio="true"/>

Change scale_picture and keep_aspect_ratio to your liking.

Thank you mate it must just be the pics then different sizes like you say I’ll leave it alone as don’t want to break anything like I have many times before 

5 hours ago, smurfygray said:

Thank you mate it must just be the pics then different sizes like you say I’ll leave it alone as don’t want to break anything like I have many times before 

Breaking stuff is half the fun :lol: (as long as you have a backup somewhere)