FM24 - Unrealistic Manager Job Termination "Eddie Howe"

Greetings,

Whilst managing my team Chelsea and only played 13 games the axe had swung with a clear shine on it on Eddie Howe being Newcastle manager.  Yes and thats only just after 13 games into the season and just being 2 games away from top 4.  Now is this realistic that early in the season ? what could have caused this.  Here are some stats of his during the 13 games.

Played-13,  Won-5,  Draw-4 Loss-4.

Now is this too harsh ?.

Is that in the first season of FM?  If so, then yes, seems awfully harsh.

If not then you have to remember that last years form counts as well, so if he lost a lot .... then it doesn´t take long for a manager to get sacked into a new season.

I took Wrexham through the ranks and got 3 consecutive promotions to reach the premier league, the fans were never happy with me, so there are other underlying criteria in FM which elude me. I don´t recall having done anything stupid but they especially disagree on transfers and so does my board. But negatives take time to accumulate, so, if it´s the first season then I have no clue. 

Yes it's the first season and to my surprise now that i played the 14th game Arsenal fired Arteta who again is only 1 game out of the top 4.  I seriously believe this is beyond realism and needs to be toned down.  Arsenal is sitting at 9th despite being just 1 game out of the top 4 really is harsh.

24 minutes ago, MasterFolke said:

boardexpecation is just to high, they axed him in my save to in november when they were on eight position. They should drop the expectation from top4 to top 7 imo.

Agree with that. The sporting director Dan Ashworth recently said the goal was to be a consistent top 6 club.

Newcastle finished 4th last season and the club has spent a lot of money.  I loaded up a new save with Newcastle to see what their expectations are, and qualifying for the Champions League shows as "Required" for the club vision.  I don't consider this an unrealistic sacking within the realms of FM given the board objectives.

Its a bit on the harsh side, but it's mid table form and we don't know who he's lost to, what the scorelines are and whether he's fallen out with players. Also, he's presumably had some European results to...

(If it's the second season and he doesn't have European football, I'm surprised he lasted that long)

On 25/11/2023 at 05:06, enigmatic said:

Its a bit on the harsh side, but it's mid table form and we don't know who he's lost to, what the scorelines are and whether he's fallen out with players. Also, he's presumably had some European results to...

(If it's the second season and he doesn't have European football, I'm surprised he lasted that long)

In the 14th week Eddie Howe got the boot, now Newcastle don't have the same marketing power like Liverpool, Man Utd or Man City.  Yes they do have the richest owners to take them to paradise but that only comes when your marketing power expands and your then able to purchase more expensive players and have a strong depth to compete against the best.

It's like saying to Steve Coopers Forest team if you don't beat Man City and win the league you are fired regardless of our budget size or capacity compared to the top clubs.  This is the imbalance I am seeing.  Yet with Newcastle who were just a few points shy of being in the top 4 they already in my case made a stupid decision to fire Eddie.  To me it just doesn't feel right.   It's like the behavior of the top clubs hierarchy are also the same for the lower teams below them.

Who replaced him?

If similar happened in real life would it be that surprising?

Man City and Chelsea have both been ruthless with managers as they set off on the path to try and assert themselves as title winners.

If Newcastle sat outside the top 4 in February and knew they could hire a proven winner at the top level then theyd probably do it.