Struggle with Leao

Have a think about how your team are getting the ball to him.  (Or not as the case may be).

By way of example, in my 433 my main man is my AMR (so the opposite to you).  My midfield is MCL - CM(a) - and on the right my MCR is a DLP(s).  WB(s) or WB(a) on the right behind, depending on whether I want the wingback more or less aggressive.  Up top I have a DLF(a) to both hold up the ball, drop deep but also be an attacking threat.  I’m playing a form of possession football.  My AMR scores for fun (his role is Trequartista).

I’m not saying to copy my setup, just compare how the ball might progress to my AMR to how it might to your AML.

Edited by herne79

29 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Have a think about how your team are getting the ball to him.  (Or not as the case may be).

By way of example, in my 433 my main man is my AMR (so the opposite to you).  My midfield is MCL - CM(a) - and on the right my MCR is a DLP(s).  WB(s) or WB(a) on the right behind, depending on whether I want the wingback more or less aggressive.  Up top I have a DLF(a) to both hold up the ball, drop deep but also be an attacking threat.  I’m playing a form of possession football.  My AMR scores for fun (his role is Trequartista).

I’m not saying to copy my setup, just compare how the ball might progress to my AMR to how it might to your AML.

Thanks. Care to share a screen?

Well in real life they are stretching the play, he doesn't play narrow because it's hard to find space there, he starts wide and then with his pace he advances to a more dangerous situation, however only you know whether this is the issue in the game or maybe it's just his morale or something.

1 hour ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Thanks. Care to share a screen?

I wouldn't copy it, maybe some ideas though.  It needs the right players and I'll make subtle changes during matches if needed.  There's also a couple of PIs hidden in there, mainly for the TQ (Cut Inside, Sit Narrower) and CM(a) (Roam).  I also make regular use of touchline shouts during matches which seem to work fine for me.

26bfd177ae13b4d5a5f16c989faa4b03.png

28 minutes ago, herne79 said:

I wouldn't copy it, maybe some ideas though.  It needs the right players and I'll make subtle changes during matches if needed.  There's also a couple of PIs hidden in there, mainly for the TQ (Cut Inside, Sit Narrower) and CM(a) (Roam).  I also make regular use of touchline shouts during matches which seem to work fine for me.

26bfd177ae13b4d5a5f16c989faa4b03.png

You won´t post any guides/detailed tactics anymore?

Loved to read them back in the days!

Did you use PI´s in other positions other than the ones you mentioned?

Edited by TheMartello

1 hour ago, TheMartello said:

You won´t post any guides/detailed tactics anymore?

Loved to read them back in the days!

Did you use PI´s in other positions other than the ones you mentioned?

Thanks.

I haven't written any guides for a while now, maybe one day.  No other PIs but like I said above maybe not a good idea to copy the system - just ideas perhaps.  tbh that tactic isn't hugely different from my tiki taka guide I wrote a little while ago so perhaps some further ideas found in there too.  For something more up to date, check @Johnny Ace's 433 article :thup:.

Edited by herne79

20 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Thanks @herne79

I did a 4-3-3 DM in that thread @ThomasHK1979 focusing on a goalscoring wide attacker

You could ditch the F9 for a DLF or CF (S/A). It's all a bit one dimensional but have a play around with it, from looking at yours, I think it's the midfield you could rejig 

Thanks. But I think the match engine in FM24 is much different compared to FM23. 

22 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Thanks @herne79

I did a 4-3-3 DM in that thread @ThomasHK1979 focusing on a goalscoring wide attacker

You could ditch the F9 for a DLF or CF (S/A). It's all a bit one dimensional but have a play around with it, from looking at yours, I think it's the midfield you could rejig 

Is that 433 nr. 2 in this thread.? Can’t find the one with the goal scoring winger😀

51 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Is that 433 nr. 2 in this thread.? Can’t find the one with the goal scoring winger😀

click the bit I've underlined in red

click.png.4393a893c1edce8350e448c8f3da4892.png

If you click the text, it takes you to the first post for some reason 

I'm the same as the other guys, the ME isn't hugely different from 23,22, 21 etc 

12 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

click the bit I've underlined in red

click.png.4393a893c1edce8350e448c8f3da4892.png

If you click the text, it takes you to the first post for some reason 

I'm the same as the other guys, the ME isn't hugely different from 23,22, 21 etc 

Thanks. Two questions. 

1) Do you like playing without any playmaker? Never done that before. 

2) How well did you get your goal scoring winger to perform (average rating and goals) ?

57 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Thanks. Two questions. 

1) Do you like playing without any playmaker? Never done that before. 

Yeah, I don't feel the need for them

58 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

2) How well did you get your goal scoring winger to perform (average rating and goals) ?

I normally try and get him to be the top scorer but it's usually close between him and the striker 

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading it for several years.

Maybe it's not a big discovery, but IWs perform better than IF. They go inside, to the end line like wingers, and into the penalty area like IF. The better the player, the better it looks.

I play with two IWs, left-footed, it creates a nice confusion for the opponent, one plays more like a winger, the other goes inside. I hope my advice will be of some help to you.

3 hours ago, WhiteElf said:

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading it for several years.

Maybe it's not a big discovery, but IWs perform better than IF. They go inside, to the end line like wingers, and into the penalty area like IF. The better the player, the better it looks.

I play with two IWs, left-footed, it creates a nice confusion for the opponent, one plays more like a winger, the other goes inside. I hope my advice will be of some help to you.

1) Does this also apply for FM24 ?

2) Only on support?

3) In which tactic ? (Screen maybe)

4) Average rating for IW ?

1) Czy dotyczy to również FM24?

2) Tylko na wsparciu?

3) W jakiej taktyce? (może ekran)

4) Średnia ocena dla IW ?

I only played 1 season of Wolverhampton to check my tactics and I deleted my save :) and I want to start in Spain.
I played left-footed Pedro Neto on the left wing, he was amazing, Newcastle bought him for £75 million.
Pablo Sarabia played on the right wing.
Applies to FM 2024 and 4231DM settings. IF and IWa attack the penalty area too aggressively and are left alone.
Try to place Leao on the right wing as IWs. I noticed that players with a stronger left foot, playing on the left wing, etc., are much better.
I finished 5th in the Premier League with only 2 player transfers.
My IWs and SS were the strongest point of tactics.

Edited by WhiteElf

Something is not working with my 433. Most of my players perform like crap Especially Leao.
Please give me some input to make especially my wingers perform better. Any input really.

What about IWB.? Should it work in this setup?

What shape do you expect in possession when attacking? Is it supposed to be a 2-2-6? Do you see that happening? I think if you figure that out your tactic will improve a lot.