FM24 Statistics Spreadsheet (For those that love Moneyball)

5 hours ago, klaasjan said:

does this work without player attribute masking disabled?

The raw data table and the percentiles should work fine, but the scout report and the attribute bars will only work if the exact attribute of the player is visible. So for players that haven't been scouted, the scout report and the attribute bars will not work.

9 hours ago, BL1TZ_GT said:

Can I use this with my squad? I've been looking all over for a spreadsheet that I can extract my squad to. I prefer to assess my squad via a spreadsheet to help me know best players for my tactic & players to sell.

Yes, you can. You can do this by using the squad view to extract the players from your squad.

3 hours ago, milenec11 said:

Is for all positions?

is room to this excel to add custom stats through combination such as xGOT?

Yes, the spreadsheet works for all positions.

Unfortunately, it is not possible as xGOT also takes into account the goalmouth location as well as where the shot has been taken. FM does not have a statistic that measures it.

1 hour ago, Gene said:

Excellent work! I'll put this to good use. 

Thank you very much and I hope it is useful to you!

2 hours ago, BL1TZ_GT said:

I found the download ;-)

However in Statistics Profile & Player Profile I get the drop down box for the name.

I select the name but no other boxes get filled in. 

Hi, I'm not entirely sure why this is occurring as this works perfectly fine for me. Do you use Excel?

15 hours ago, Fmplaya said:

Hi, I'm not entirely sure why this is occurring as this works perfectly fine for me. Do you use Excel?

Yeah i'm using excel, when I select the name it stays blank. The player picked is my main striker.

image.png.ab07eda60377abcd75fce0bb2eda196f.png

Edited by BL1TZ_GT

1 hour ago, BL1TZ_GT said:

Yeah no bother. I have sent the original final, also sent the file with my squad pasted into it.

FM24 FMSS Statistics Spreadsheet - With My Squad.zip 4.82 MB · 0 downloads FM24 FMSS Statistics Spreadsheet.zip 4.73 MB · 0 downloads

I have had a look and it works completely fine for me.

Screenshot2023-12-06200910.thumb.png.6134450fcad62e221b0b0d34a5ee8698.png

Screenshot2023-12-06200956.thumb.png.60b486fc46c9af1043eab3b930b10d58.png

Have you made sure to select the player from the dropdown list instead of just typing their name?

12 hours ago, Fmplaya said:

I have had a look and it works completely fine for me.

Screenshot2023-12-06200910.thumb.png.6134450fcad62e221b0b0d34a5ee8698.png

Screenshot2023-12-06200956.thumb.png.60b486fc46c9af1043eab3b930b10d58.png

Have you made sure to select the player from the dropdown list instead of just typing their name?

Yeah, I click the drop down arrow, get a bunch of zero's, scroll up to the names click 1 & then blank.

But if works for you so it's something to do with my excel I guess, so I'll figure that out. Thanks for your help though.

39 minutes ago, BL1TZ_GT said:

Yeah, I click the drop down arrow, get a bunch of zero's, scroll up to the names click 1 & then blank.

But if works for you so it's something to do with my excel I guess, so I'll figure that out. Thanks for your help though.

It could also be due to having an older version of Excel? And no problem mate :thup:

5 minutes ago, Jacob Palsgaard said:

Hi FmPlaya, 

I have really tried to make this spreadsheet work, but I can´t seem to get it right. I have been following your steps, but when I enter the Raw data table the values does not seem right? 

image.jpg

Hi, This could be an issue with your thousands and decimal separators not being the same as the ones used in FM.  The steps below should help.

On 19/11/2023 at 17:07, Fmplaya said:

For those of you who use languages different to English, it is important to ensure that your thousands and decimal separators are set correctly on Excel as this can issues with the spreadsheet

Follow these steps:

1) Click File > Options

2) Go to the Advanced tab and uncheck Use system separators

3) You should set the decimal and thousands separator to match with the ones in your FM23 settings

1 hour ago, Jacob Palsgaard said:

Thanks @Fmplaya, that did it :)

Only thing missing now is that I can´t get any data on player profiles or statistics profile even though I am using the drop down menu with player names. Do you have any clue why ?

And thanks for a really nice tool that adds value to the game! :D 

Thank you and no problem! :)

That is really weird as @BL1TZ_GT has had the same problem and I tried it with his Excel sheet and had no problems. This could possibly be due to the version of Excel you are using?

Despite the fact that I have excel 19 I didn’t manage to work it.

But I would like to suggest some crucial stats that help us to valuation a player those stats are combination of in game stats.

1) Poss Rt = PossWon /PossLost 

is the quality of the player possession 

2) Tackle Quality = Tackles Attempts/ Fouls made 

self explanation yes I tackle but how efficient 

3) Chance Quality = xAss/OPkP

self explanation 

4)GAA(Goals Allowed Avarage ) = (Goals Allowed*90)/Actual playing minutes.

this is more crucial from the SV%  “Goals against average is one of the top indicators of success between the pipes, no matter the level. It’s a very important scouting metric for goalies and is one of the three most important stats there is in goaltending.

Of course those are only suggestions and perhaps some help to others that want to play with stats according FIFA’s scouting level and knowledge which can extend the games data .

I will to apologize from @Fmplaya for using his work to add this  .

Edited by milenec11

Hi. I'm a complete newcomer to the topic of moneyball. I have a question. How do I choose a football player for my team? What metrics to look at depending on the role and tactics? Is there any general universal indicator of the player's suitability for the role and how much he will be good there?

13 hours ago, Maxim26 said:

Hi. I'm a complete newcomer to the topic of moneyball. I have a question. How do I choose a football player for my team? What metrics to look at depending on the role and tactics? Is there any general universal indicator of the player's suitability for the role and how much he will be good there?

It depends on what you're trying to achieve for each role. For instance in previous iterations my two fullbacks were a key part of the attacking phase so I would set up my stats tracking around the attacking elements that I wanted from my fullback. Key passes/90, cross competition%, kms completed per 90(to find players used to covering a lot of ground), dribbles completed per 90 and stuff like that. Then only as a secondary option would I look at defensive stats as a sort of tie breaker. 

My lone striker is the primary goal scorer who plays as a complete forward so I would be looking at strikers who outperformed xg but who were also relatively comfortable as creators and able to dribble effectively. There is no universal indicator because if I wanted a Target man striker who holds the ball up and play other attackers in I would look at a completely different set of stats.

On 08/12/2023 at 13:12, milenec11 said:

2) Tackle Quality = Tackles Attempts/ Fouls made

4)GAA(Goals Allowed Average) = (Goals Allowed*90)/Actual playing minutes.

At the beginning I want to say that most of it is in the game. As far as tackles and the equation you use, I don't think they tell the whole story. "Tackles Won Ratio" is the best stat here compared to "Tackles Attempted per 90 mins".

Also for number 4 can you give me an example? Because usually the "per 90 mins" stats are small and in decimal format, while the playing minutes are in the hundreds or even thousands. So for example if we have a number for the first one e.g. 2,3 GAA/90 and 1000 minutes of playing minutes then the result would be 0,0023.

A more correct formula here would be to do the total goals conceded by the goalkeeper by dividing them by the amount of playing minutes and then multiplying the number by 90.

For example: (80 goals allowed / 2500 playing minutes) * 90 = 2,88 per 90 mins

Edited by dzek

Those formulas do not came by my mind but through scouting books 

the example that you gave above is that a GK have play 27 matches and conceded 80 goals 

so if I calculate 80 goals * 90 minutes the result is 80*90= 7200 if I divide with 2500plying minutes the result is 7200/2500= 2,88

as you can see is the same with your calculation

Edited by milenec11

9 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

Those formulas do not came by my mind but through scouting books 

Ρε δεν στο είπα για να μαλώσουμε.

Στο 4 μετά είδα ότι έβαλες πολλαπλασιασμό, δηλαδή "Goals Allowed * 90". Άρα το ίδιο λέμε εδώ. Όσον αφορά τα τάκλιν δεν ξέρω αλλά πιθανόν το κάθε βιβλίο να μετρά διαφορετικά την "επιτυχία" για κάποιο στατιστικό. Εκτός κι αν συμφωνούν όλα σε αυτό.

Edited by dzek

Ρε Έλληνας είσαι ? Χαχαχαχ

στα τάκλιν η αξια εδώ είναι πως ναι μεν κάνω 5 τάκλιν αλλά ποσό αποτελεσματικά είναι δλδ ποσες φορές έκανα την μπάλα δικη μου 

ειναι διαφορετικό από το KEY TCKL γιατί αυτό βάση ορισμού αναφέρετε ποσα τάκλιν έκανα που αν δεν ήταν επιτυχία η κατάληξη του επιθετικού θα ήταν γκολ

6 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

Ρε Έλληνας είσαι ? Χαχαχαχ

στα τάκλιν η αξια εδώ είναι πως ναι μεν κάνω 5 τάκλιν αλλά ποσό αποτελεσματικά είναι δλδ ποσες φορές έκανα την μπάλα δικη μου 

ειναι διαφορετικό από το KEY TCKL γιατί αυτό βάση ορισμού αναφέρετε ποσα τάκλιν έκανα που αν δεν ήταν επιτυχία η κατάληξη του επιθετικού θα ήταν γκολ

Χαχαχ ναι ρε

Σίγουρα υπάρχει η λογική που λες κι εγώ αυτό πιστεύω. Όμως το θέμα είναι πως μετριέται στο παιχνίδι κτλ.

2 hours ago, Craigoh1 said:

This is brilliant. I've been wanting to get my toes wet in exporting data from FM and play around in excel and tableau. You have a made a perfect little tool for me to dig straight away. Thanks!

Thank you very much, I hope you enjoy using it!

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, gpassosbh said:

Hello @Fmplaya,

I tried to import the data from my save, but I don't know what I do wrong. Can you tell me why Raw Table isn't showing all the data?

Thanks

FM24 FMSS Statistics Spreadsheet.zip 4.83 MB · 0 downloads

Hi, the problem is that the minutes column uses a point instead of a comma for the thousands separator.

Follow these steps:

1) Click File > Options

2) Go to the Advanced tab and uncheck Use system separators

3) You should set the decimal and thousands separator to match with the ones in your FM23 settings

If that doesn't work, you can select the whole column AP and press CTRL + H, and replace the dot with a comma.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/01/2024 at 21:45, KellettAKill said:

Hi! If i want to sort the columns, it doesn't let me because it says it's a locked column. What's the fix for this?

Hi! Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't realised I had forgotten to unlock those columns. I have posted a link for the updated version of the spreadsheet which allows you to sort the tables.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rtaxuq2x2k1xhjw/FM24_FMSS_Spreadsheet_v2.zip/file

Edited by Fmplaya

• 2 weeks later...

It'd be really helpful to have a list of season end dates by country for this, so you can look at data from past seasons. It's pretty annoying that FM scrubs all stats at the end of each season and makes it impossible to scout by performance.

Even with a list of season end dates, you're looking at exporting from FM quite a few times each season to get complete data. Madness

Edited by ceefax the cat

On 23/01/2024 at 20:08, Shaun Howard said:

When i do the spreadsheet, for some reason all the per/90 stats are all blacked out and not showing. What is going wrong?

Are you using the latest version of Excel?

21 hours ago, ceefax the cat said:

It'd be really helpful to have a list of season end dates by country for this, so you can look at data from past seasons. It's pretty annoying that FM scrubs all stats at the end of each season and makes it impossible to scout by performance.

Even with a list of season end dates, you're looking at exporting from FM quite a few times each season to get complete data. Madness

Yeah I completely agree, it is very frustrating having to flick through multiple Excel sheets to keep a record of player data when it can be done by the game.

Hi everyone, just a quick question, maybe someone can help: When printing the data as a web page, some data are entirely missing on the web page. I have several columns missing entirely that are used in the Excel sheet and therefore the copied data into the Excel sheet do not match at all. If I copy all the data from the web page the Excel sheet has only data until the column "DO", while the spreadsheet ends at column "EZ". And because of that the imported data do not match. Seems like while printing the data as web page some data are missing, although I use the filter and more importantly the "FM24 FM"" Player Search View" view. Any idea maybe?

Edited by elfleo

16 hours ago, elfleo said:

Hi everyone, just a quick question, maybe someone can help: When printing the data as a web page, some data are entirely missing on the web page. I have several columns missing entirely that are used in the Excel sheet and therefore the copied data into the Excel sheet do not match at all. If I copy all the data from the web page the Excel sheet has only data until the column "DO", while the spreadsheet ends at column "EZ". And because of that the imported data do not match. Seems like while printing the data as web page some data are missing, although I use the filter and more importantly the "FM24 FM"" Player Search View" view. Any idea maybe?

I think the steps below might help you

2)  Select all players by left clicking and dragging it all the way down to the last player. Then scroll all the way up to the top player without deselecting any players.

3)  Press CTRL+P on your keyboard and print it as a web page. Save the name as you would like.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Fmplaya:

I think the steps below might help you

Hi, thanks for the reply first of all. I appreciate it! :) Unfortunately that didnt help. It really seems like the view in the game is, for some reason, not showing all the columns I need to print for the Excel Sheet.  For example my view in the game does not have Columns like "Clearances", "Key Headers", "Blks" and more. Therefore my view is lacking data to print and then to export in Excel. I deleted the view and loaded it again, but unfortunately it had the same result :/ Attached are the las few columns in my view for instance. I attached some Screenshots, maybe it helps to understand what I mean. Anyways, thank you for reply again! Have a great Sunday evening :)

Fm24_2.png

Fm24_1.png

Edited by elfleo

Hi, great spreadsheet it works great, all the data is filled in perfectly, but the coloring / formatting of the data inst working, so I cant view whether the players are better or worse unless i look through each cell, do you know why this could be ? Thanks.image.thumb.png.4fcbfb3108fc8e742a8af9d081745fa0.png 

18 hours ago, oliverbrowne626 said:

Hi, great spreadsheet it works great, all the data is filled in perfectly, but the coloring / formatting of the data inst working, so I cant view whether the players are better or worse unless i look through each cell, do you know why this could be ? Thanks.image.thumb.png.4fcbfb3108fc8e742a8af9d081745fa0.png 

@oliverbrowne626 Hi, can you send the excel file?

Hey mate. When loading players into the spreadsheet. Is there a maximum number of players before it can't handle it.

Also, have black boxes for almost everyone under line 104. Also from that line player names are "0" Any reason why? Happy to send the file. Only issue I can't attach the file due to its size

On 02/02/2024 at 10:54, James8973 said:

Hey mate. When loading players into the spreadsheet. Is there a maximum number of players before it can't handle it.

Also, have black boxes for almost everyone under line 104. Also from that line player names are "0" Any reason why? Happy to send the file. Only issue I can't attach the file due to its size

Hi, the maximum number of players it can handle is supposed to be 2000. Can you send your Excel file so I can see where the problem is?

16 hours ago, Sortibak said:

This happens when I try to import the view, its the same in scouting. Anyone has any idea why?

Zrzut ekranu (118).png

You have used the incorrect views. You have to use the view FM24 'FMSS Squad View' for the spreadsheet to work.