Statistics Spreadsheet (For those that love Moneyball)

On 06/08/2022 at 02:55, ta11zx said:

I have read this twice and I still don't understand what this does.

@ta11zx This spreadsheet uses statistics from the game and creates the following statistics (all per 90 minutes):

• Goals 
  • Non-penalty Goals
  • Non-penalty xG
  • Non-penalty goals - Non-penalty xG - this is a measure of how well the player outperforms his xG and is an indicator of quality finishing
  • Shots
  • Shots on Target
  • Shot on Target Ratio
  • Non-penalty Goals per Shot - this is a measure of how often a player scores per shot. A higher value can be a subtle indicator of good finishing
  • Non-penalty xG per Shot - this measures the quality of shot the player takes on average. This can be an indicator of quality movement
  • Dribbles
  • Fouls Won
  • Assists
  • Goal Contributions (Goals + Assists)
  • Pass Attempts
  • Passes Completed
  • Pass Completion Ratio
  • Key Passes - a key pass is the final pass by a teammate which leads to a goal attempt that does not lead to a goal
  • Clear Cut Chances Created
  • Cross Attempts
  • Cross Completion Ratio
  • Defensive Actions - this includes Tackles, Interceptions, Headers Won and Clearances 
  • Tackles Won
  • Interceptions
  • Clearances
  • Headers Attempted/Aerial Duels Contested
  • Headers Won/ Aerial Duels Won
  • Headers Won Ratio
  • Fouls Committed
  • Yellow/Red Cards
  • Offsides
  • Minutes per Game
  • Distance Travelled 

To get a better reflection on how the player compares to players of the same level and same position, I have included percentile ranks. Percentiles range from the 0th to the 100th percentile and they provide a reflection of how a specific value of data compares to a larger pool of data. E.g a player who is in the 97th percentile for Goals/90 is in the top 3% of players in the data set. Effectively, the higher the percentile rank, the better the player is performing.

Edited by Fmplaya

9 hours ago, Yorki said:

Thanks for the inspiration. I didn't know you could export these like this :) 

I did use it for different purpose - for stars calculation: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/567031-coach-calculatorcomparison/

No problem :). Have checked out your work and it looks great. Will use it in my next save!

Hi @Fmplaya

Thanks for the shout out! Apologies I only just saw this as I don't use my old account anymore.

Great thread thanks for putting this together. Everyone has their preferences of exactly what spreadsheets to use and how to use them, but the process is mostly always the same. I highly recommend this type of save for people if you haven't given it a try. 

If this type of thing seems too complicated or too difficult to understand but it interests you, always feel free to reach out to people in the community and ask for help if needed. I don't want to speak for Fmplaya, but people generally that put effort into putting these sorts of things together tend to be very willing to help others out if they require it!

3 hours ago, Jack Sarahs said:

Hi @Fmplaya

Thanks for the shout out! Apologies I only just saw this as I don't use my old account anymore.

Great thread thanks for putting this together. Everyone has their preferences of exactly what spreadsheets to use and how to use them, but the process is mostly always the same. I highly recommend this type of save for people if you haven't given it a try. 

If this type of thing seems too complicated or too difficult to understand but it interests you, always feel free to reach out to people in the community and ask for help if needed. I don't want to speak for Fmplaya, but people generally that put effort into putting these sorts of things together tend to be very willing to help others out if they require it!

Hi @Jack Sarahs,

Thanks a lot, I had wondered why you were inactive on your old account and forgot you worked with SI :lol:. I have watched your Moneyball series with Barnsley on YouTube and it is fantastic, especially how you navigate transfers and find players to sign. It has been a massive inspiration and very eye-opening.

Moneyball can be very difficult to understand but people in the community like myself are very willing to help others.

Wow, this is incredible. I want to read more about how to use the stats for transfers and analysing players. But this tool looks very helpful. Just a question, is there a way to have Key Passes not from set pieces?

45 minutes ago, bosque said:

Wow, this is incredible. I want to read more about how to use the stats for transfers and analysing players. But this tool looks very helpful. Just a question, is there a way to have Key Passes not from set pieces?

@bosqueThank you very much, very much appreciated.

As far as I am concerned there is no set piece stat in the game apart from penalties, so unfortunately there is no way to have key passes without the,.

To read more on using stats for transfers and player analysis, I could easily recommend watching Tifo Football's sensible transfers videos and the Tifo IRL channel. Also, I would recommend following @Rashidi's Palermo save on YouTube and he also has a thread here where he explains his Moneyball strategies https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/566668-the-art-of-numbers-not-attributes-a-journey-extracting-the-best-out-of-my-players/ , as well as @Jack Sarahs Barnsley Save on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCultofFM.