Can I ignore player requests to talk to me?

Will it have a detrimental affect on their morale? Doing well with Rangers then suddenly some numpty moans about wanting to play. I disagree and reduce his playing time and it all kicks off. tbh, it's stopped me from playing the game cause i find all this stuff tiresome - i run an Under 11's footy team so play FM to get away from the all the BS you have to put up with in real life.

I've never had problems with player interactions. You have to remember if you are new to the club or you have little or no reputation then you have to go along with the flow. You can't be throwing your toys out of the pram or getting aggressive at this stage because it won't work and players will rebel against you.

Edited by SPE3D

In some cases you can't continue until you do the thing. If it's optional, like giving a pep talk before a big match, I've learnt the hard way to avoid them. If you're in a cup final or title-clincher, your team's morale is probably very high. There's nothing to be gained by attempting to motivate them in an arbitrary scenario.

I started a save with Chelsea in the beta. When I got the mandatory Kafka-esque "Players unhappy with club situation" I ignored them and put the ringleader on the transfer list. After that I got a "Players unhappy with club situation" literary every other day so I repeated until I had sold and replaced almost all players in the squad. When the new players also started complaining I deleted the save.

2 hours ago, Viking said:

I started a save with Chelsea in the beta. When I got the mandatory Kafka-esque "Players unhappy with club situation" I ignored them and put the ringleader on the transfer list. After that I got a "Players unhappy with club situation" literary every other day so I repeated until I had sold and replaced almost all players in the squad. When the new players also started complaining I deleted the save.

I'm sorry but you could not have handled that any worse than you did. Please see my post above. 

If you are the kind of manager that can turn things around and win, produce results, then you can ignore players. If you are the kind of manager who cannot win a title within 3 seasons, then you have to react to the  masses and accept that their unhappiness needs to be handled.   There are so many interactions you can avoid in the game. I pick the battles I want to fight in, not all the battles that are in the game.

11 hours ago, Viking said:

:lol:

How could you get it SO wrong?