FM24 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

world-map-flags-flag-blue-background-all-elements-separated-editable-layers-clearly-labeled-87318014.jpg?w=1400

FM24 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge 

Introduction

Welcome to a brand new season of the “Global Small Club to Big Club Challenge”, (less England obviously as we have Dafuges' challenge for that).  Whilst participation was a little lower last year, there were still a few great saves, and I have high hopes for many more this season.

As ever, the premise of the challenge is simple, to start with a previously unplayable club and taking them all the way to a National Title and then on to winning the relevant Champions League (or regional equivalent). With a variety of leagues, styles of play, different rules, and many different locations for your clubs there can be a lot of variety throughout the thread, providing a great atmosphere and stories for our users to become immersed in. 

General Challenge Info

Possible Countries 

Europe

·         Austria

·         Belarus

·         Belgium

·         Bulgaria

·         Croatia

·         Czech Republic

·         Denmark

·         Finland

·         France  

·         Germany

·         Gibraltar

·         Greece

·         Holland  

·         Hungary

·         Iceland

·         Ireland  

·         Israel

·         Italy  

.         Latvia

·         N. Ireland  

·         Norway  

·         Poland

·         Portugal

·         Romania

·         Russia

·         Scotland

·         Serbia

·         Slovakia

·         Slovenia

·         Spain  

·         Sweden  

·         Switzerland

·         Turkey

·         Ukraine

·         Wales

South America

·         Argentina

.         Brazil

.         Chile

.         Colombia

.         Peru

.         Uruguay

North America

.        Canada

.        Mexico

.        U.S.A

Asia

.        Australia

.        China

.        Hong Kong (China P.R)

.        India

.        Indonesia

.        Japan

.        Malaysia

.        Singapore

.        South Korea

Africa

.        South Africa

The Rules

A) Game Set-up

1) Your choice of Database Size (Large Recommended)

2) NO Edited Databases of any kind

Suggested Adds

Players from Top Clubs/Top Divisions (Europe or All Continents) - This increases the challenge at Continental Level

Players Based in your Nation - This can add up to 50% more players to your game

Players Based in your Region (Central Europe/East Europe/UK & Ireland) - This can add extra players likely to join your club

There will be a file correcting the club/competition names, I will advise use of this.

NO other additional customising is allowed.

5) Attribute Masking should be Enabled

6) Disable Ingame Editor (Please do this)

7) Optional Ticks

Add Key Staff (This will give you a Scout, Physio & Ass Man by generating them if your club is without)

Add Players in Playable Nations (This will ensure all clubs have a minimum number of players, generating them if needed)

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

B) Steps in the Game

1) Add an unemployed manager; you will not use this man to manage your club. I like "Unemployed Man or Holiday Man"

2) Go on holiday until the reset date of your chosen nation (Should take about an hour)

TIP -

Changing

Detail Level to None

will make it go faster. (Remember to change it back afterwards)

TIP - Saving on the day before this date may give you a better choice of teams by reloading the game then going on holiday for one day, I would strongly recommend trying this.

3) Add a new manager - Use yourself, or a created character to help build a story line

a) Personal Details

- Your Choice

b) Tracksuit vs. Trainer

- Your Choice

c) Past Experience lowest Possible (Generally Sunday League)

d) Coaching Licenses lowest Possible (None)

e) Other options are up to you

TIP - If you add the language of your country of choice it will make it easier at the beginning

TIP - Training now includes you at some level depending on your abilities.

4) Choose to take over any club which has been promoted to the bottom playable league of your nation.

TIP - Easiest way in FM20 to see this is on the "Season Review" screen, showing the "Promoted Clubs"

TIP - You can confirm your club by checking the Domestic History's page for not being at this level since start of game

5) Retire your unemployed manager.

6) Manage your club to National Title & European Champions League Victory

7) Completing the Challenge.

C) Signing of Players

1) You must be able to scout them

TIP - You don't actually have to scout them, just be able to

TIP - You can check your scouting range on the Scouting page

2) Alternatively (If you can't scout them), you must bring them on a trial first

3) You are able to sign anyone sent to you via Agent Offer

TIP - Make sure you screenshot the Agent offer

4) In later versions you can get your DoF to find players, he will bring in players not in Scouting Range, these are also allowed.

TIP - Grab a screenshot of your DoF signing them

D) Posting

1) Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

2) Discussion of tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Expected Updates

We have minimum expectations when it comes to a first up post and also in the end of season updates. The Bold pages are necessary for everyone; the others are some suggestions that will get others interested in your posts and following your club. All other screenshots are welcome and encouraged, but we please ask that the majority are posted as links, because lots of pictures can make the page very slow to load.

First Post:

Domestic Leagues History (Club)

Profile (Manager)

Overview (Club)

Squad (Club)

End of Season Updates:

Transfers (Club) - This is so we can see the ins & outs

League Table (Competition)

Squad (Club)

Information (Manager)

Profile (Manager)

Information (Club)

Profile (Players)

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread; we want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing badly. If you title your end of season report in bold this makes it easier to identify. Everyone will be supportive, and really get into your game if you give more detail.

·         E) Other

·         If you are Sacked

·         You can Restart from the beginning or;

·         Continue your game and pick a new club (Under Same Rules) at the end of the next season or;

·         Add another League/Remove Current League, holiday a whole season and continue

·         You can still only have one nation running at a time

·         Once the league becomes active you MUST holiday a full season

·         The club must be one of those unplayable from the beginning

·         No Restrictions on Parent or Feeder Clubs

·         International Management allowed (But you cannot start as an International Manager)

The use of any external utilities and editors (Such as Genie Scout or FMM) are prohibited. As of FM14 there are also unlockables, these are also prohibited, please don't use them. It would be appreciated if you also ticked the box at the start which prevents the use of the ingame editor.

How to Post a Screenshot

1) While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2) Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3) Save the file as a JPEG or PNG

4) Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5) Post the direct URL to the image here.

Alternatively using ALT + F9 in game saves a screenshot to your user data folder. (You can also edit this in the shortcuts options)

The Global Nation Motivational

As ever, I would like to thank all of you who choose to participate in this thread this year, and to wish everyone taking on this challenge the best of luck on a long and hard journey to managerial success!   The atmosphere and support these threads have historically offered is key in making the thread, and your saves more enjoyable as I can testify to.  I and some of the other regulars of these threads are here to help for the new challengers and hope everybody that participates contributes considerably to the thread. There is nothing better than getting immersed not only in your own game but providing the encouragement to other people's attempts too. Remember we are all fighting the same battle - to defeat the AI (and uncover fabulous newgens!) - Therefore it goes without saying that any form of cheating will be severely chastised. Don't do it! I know that it is painful to lose a European Final or to lose the title on the final day (I have been there myself on more than one occasion) but eventual success down the line is all the sweeter for those defeats.

Good luck to all the participants – Here’s to a successful (and enjoyable) version!!  I have said it for the last couple of years, but I REALLY am hoping to participate this year at some point, ‘real’ life allowing….  I just need to find my traditional ‘fallen giant’ to take control of!! 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@rlipscombe i tried in France and got Racing France but was sacked after a short time after completely falling out with the squad, perhaps you could take them on.

I have instead gone into portugal and taken on Oriental Dragon. They are a chinese owned club who bring through chinese players to play in portugal and have low starting facilities.

image.jpeg.7471bdea6ba6f8ab32e3ac4cf87aa13b.jpeg

2024/25

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season with 5 straight wins but after that it was a bit indifferent. After xmas i fell out with the players as they complained about a lack of squad depth and the results and performances tanked. 1 win in 11 games put the team right in the relegation mix and only by winning the last game of the season was this avoided.

In the Cup the team beat a non-league side 4-1 in the 1st rd before going out 0-1 away in ET to another non-league side which was very disappointing as the team needed the money.

Finances were actually steady all year although a new stadium was announced at the end of the season which will cost a lot.

The wing backs in the team were highly effective with Claudio coming in during the season to good effect. Nico was the top scorer but this could be an area for upgrade. The team had 1 decent youth player come through.

I am in for this as usual once I have tried the dafuge Challenge.

@rlipscombesome reset dates for you:

Iceland.  League resets on December 10.  Save on October 8 for different sides.

Scotland.  June 24.  Save on May 4.  Then holiday 1 day to see which club is in promotion playoffs.  If you like scum save until they win the playoffs.  

Lifting these again from the Youth Academy thread.. 

Argentina - January 1st

Austria - 

Belarus

Belgium - June 29th. Save March 30th for different teams

Bulgaria  - June 17th. Save May 24th for different teams

Brazil - 

Chile - 

China - 

Croatia - June 19th. Save June 8th for different teams

Czech Republic -  June 30th. Save 28th May for different teams 

Denmark - June 30th. Save May 30th for different teams

England - June 24th. Save on May 24th for different teams

Faroe Islands - 

Finland - 

France  -  June 19th

Germany -  June 19th. Save May 25th for different teams

Greece - June 19th. Save May 12th for different teams

Hungry - June 19th. Save May 26th for different teams

Iceland -  December 10th. Save October 8th for different teams

Indonesia - 

Israel - 

Italy - June 29th. Save May 28th for different teams

Japan - 15th January, save on 30th November for different teams

Lebanon - 

Mexico - 

Northern Ireland - 

Norway - January 13th

Poland - 

Portugal - 

Romania -

Scotland -  June 24th.  Holiday until 4 May.  Holiday one day to generate playoff and see team you like.  Save and then replay until promoted playoff team wins.

Serbia - 15 June 2024.  Save on 25 May 2024 for different teams.

Slovenia - 30 June 2024.  Save on 25 May 2024 for different teams.

Slovakia – 28 June 2024.  Save on 25 May 2024 for different teams.

South Africa -

Spain - July 9th. Save June 23rd for different teams.

Sweden - 25th December. Save on October 15th for different teams

Switzerland - June 29th. Save on May 17th for different teams

Turkey -  

Ukraine - 

Uruguay -

Wales – 

Haven't decided where I'll play this time around. I hesitate between Greece (we'll be visiting next year!) and Portugal (with a 4 tier system and playing alongside @Thebaker would be a nice bonus...!). So far, I'm holidaying both and will likely pick a spot in the next few days... 

8 hours ago, jmarchand said:

Haven't decided where I'll play this time around. I hesitate between Greece (we'll be visiting next year!) and Portugal (with a 4 tier system and playing alongside @Thebaker would be a nice bonus...!). So far, I'm holidaying both and will likely pick a spot in the next few days... 

Portugal reset is the 29th jul, i just saved it before the last league game which is only 2 weeks before!

image.png.9588438415f1e4e7ecc28d9904a22f28.png

2025/26

Had a pretty indifferent start to this season which continued for much of the season. A good run at the end with 6 wins in the last 9 games shot the team up the league but they were well short of promotion. In the portuguese cup the team beat a non league Vila Real in the 1st rd before facing 2nd league Estrela da Amadora in the 2nd rd. The game at home finished 1-1 but the team lost on penalties, Estrela reached the semi-final so it was a good showing.

Finances have really decreased thanks to the new stadium payments of 16K/month. The chinese owner has left and been replaced by a portuguese owner at the end of the season, i'm not sure if that will affect youth intakes which have been 75% chinese so far. I did persuade the previous regime to improve youth rec at the start of the season although the youth intake was not any better.

Player performance was generally better this year with more goals being scored after bringing in a few better players. One from last season Quintumbo stepped up to become the top scorer far the season. Claudio was again useful from set pieces helped by Keita who was great at corners especially.

Season

League

Position

Portuguese Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2024/25

Championship

7th in Group D

2nd Rd

N/A

Nico (11)

Claudio (8)

Adequate

Basic

Fairly Basic

Average

2025/26

Championship

3rd in Group D

2nd Rd

N/A

Quitumbo (9)

Claudio (13)

Adequate

Basic

Fairly Basic

Above Average

FC_Eintracht_Norderstedt_03_logo.svg

FC Eintracht Norderstedt Season Preview 2024-25

Been waiting for this thread for ages, started my save with Eintracht Norderstedt a while back and saved some posts for here, so expect rapid fire updates. They were promoted from the 4th tier of Germany and were a team I'd never heard of, so I jumped at the chance to manage them. Forgot to get some screenshots for the first season, so apologies for not showing things like my full squad, etc. They'll be in the end of season update.

Transfers In

GK | Dominik Draband (Free)

It's important to get a good keeper in and I think we have that with Dominik. He's been passed around II teams for most of his career, but finally gets a chance with us. He's good at everything he needs to be, and I'm confident he'll keep us steady between the sticks.

GK | Ted Curd (Loan)

I felt we needed another keeper on the books and Curd joins us on a season long loan. The promising Chelsea goalkeeper looks a solid goalkeeper and should only improve while with us, he's definitely one I'm excited about.

RB | Noah Hay (Loan)

The young Chelsea RB joins us on loan for the season, and I'm really pleased with this signing. My tactics utilize more attacking wing-backs, and Noah is perfect for that with his pace. He's also got bags of potential, so hopefully he can grow a little while with us.

CB | Niklas Kastenhofer (Free)

We needed improvements in the defence, and Kastenhofer brings that. He's very well-rounded and solid in all the areas we need, and him being left footed compliments what we need very well.

CB | Wisdom Amey (Loan)

Many people will be familiar with this man, Amey is regarded as one of the better CB prospects in the Europe. After an appearance-less season in Bologna, he joins us on loan. He immediately adds quality to our defence and we know the potential he has. Hopefully he can be key for us.

LB | Jan Hosek (Free)

Really happy with this one, Jan is an exceptionally gifted full-back for this level and you can see that from his stats. Mentally, he's a bit, er, lacking, but physically and technically he's excellent. Hopefully the positives can outweigh the negatives and he can perform well.

CM | Ben Westermeier (Free)

I think this could be my sleeper signing of the window. Westermeier offers an extremely well-rounded option in the midfield, though mainly offering a defensive option. He looks well-suited to this division and I'm looking forward to seeing the performances he puts in.

CM | Thorben Deters (Free)

The more attacking of my CM signings, Deters can literally do everything, with some exceptionally well-rounded stats. I'm hoping he can do exactly that, chipping in with goals and assists while getting back to do some defensive work. I'm really happy to get a player like him in.

CM | Niccolo Pisilli (Loan)

My squad was complaining about a lack of depth in midfield, so Pisilli comes in to solve that. He's very similar to Deters in that he can do pretty much everything, maybe a bit better than him. I'm expecting solid performances from the Italian youngster.

RW | Luca Barrington (Loan)

I needed some improvement out wide, and Barrington was the man for me. He's got some really exciting stats, but plenty of improvement to make which hopefully he can do with us. I'm still certain he'll make an impact though and I'm glad to get him in.

LW | Tim Rossmann (Free)

What a signing! We had to fight off a lot of clubs to bring in Rossmann, but we've got an incredible winger for this level. He's extremely fast, great on the ball and not the worst finisher. I expect him to be key for us as we try to stabilize ourselves in the 3. Liga.

ST | Timmy Thiele (Free)

We needed a star man up top and Thiele is exactly that. He's quick, can finish well and can find the space to get those opportunities. He's on the decline, but we've only got him for a year and he's the perfect stopgap in our survival season.

ST | Gaku Nawata (Free)

Okay, this was a total punt. With me putting everything into world scouting, I recognized this guy from the Guardian Next Gen list and thought "Hey, he might be good in FM!". Turns out, he's not really. Maybe his potential will skyrocket unexpectedly, but I'm not expecting much. Oh well.

ST | Don-Angelo Konadu (Free)

I realized on deadline day we were extremely light up front, so Konadu comes in to provide cover for Thiele. He's a decent player for this level and will only improve. I back him to do well if he's needed.

Season Preview

To no-one's surprise, we're expcted to finish last. Though I've managed to overhaul the squad, the standard of the 3. Liga is surprisingly high and the majority of our squad either aren't or are barely to standard. We're relying on the loan army to add some quality, though I'm still confident we can survive this season, but it'll be tough.

Results So Far

It's been a rough start as after a poor pre-season, we've played some of the top teams in this division and come away wounded. We managed a solid draw against Sandhausen though, and managed to get our first win of the season away to Chemnizer, hopefully not our only win of the campaign.

Expected Lineup

Draband

Hay - Amey - Kastenhofer - Hosek

Westermeier

Drener - Pisilli

Barrington - Thiele - Rossmann

FC Eintracht Norderstedt Season Review 2024-25

Squad | Tactic | Table | Finances

Part 2 of my rapid-fire posting.

Lower mid-table is probably about the best we could hope for, and that's what we achieved. We had to do a lot of chopping and changing mid-season, but we survived and that's what matters.

Results: Sept-Dec | Jan-May

We were very up and down this season, hitting patches of bad form before rebounding into patches of strong form. We did enough to keep ourselves afloat though, and that's what matters.

Transfers Out

N/A

Transfers In

GK | Nathanial Nwosu (Free)

My players were once again complaining about squad depth, this time in goal, so I went hunting for a GK. I saw Nwosu come up as a recommendation and immediately snapped him up. I know how talented he can become, and back him to be a key player for years to come.

RB | David Savic (Loan)

To register Nwosu, I needed to free up a non-EU slot, which saw the underperforming Noah Hay lose out. This meant I had to bring in a last-minute RB, which is what Savic is. He's nothing special, but will help see us through in that position until the end of the season.

Key Players

#1 - Luca Barrington

Despite a slow start to the season, the young winger's performances really picked up near the end of the season as he notched up a large number of assists to see us survive. Barrington was everything I expected of him, and I knew he'd play a big part in any success we had

#2 - Niccolo Pisilli

The Roma loanee showed his class this season and is definitely a key reason as to why we stayed up. He chipped in across the pitch and was pivitol to some key wins we had. I'd love to keep him longer term, but I think his future is at a higher level.

#3 - Ben Westermeier

Another midfielder now, Westermeier sured up the defensive side of our midfield and like Pisilli, was key to a lot of good results. He did a lot of the dirty work in midfield to great effect.

Next Season's Thoughts

This season kinda went as I expected. We struggled early, but as our younger loanees developed and the squad got to know each other, we improved. That said, we'll be without those loanees next season and our squad needs a major level-up. Our finances are dire, meaning I need to start thinking long-term with our signings. We either need to push for promotion very soon and stabalize, or look to bring in high value prospects to sell down the line. Whichever it is, it's going to be a very important summer for us.

FC Eintracht Norderstedt Season Preview 2025-26

Final part of my posting for now

We've secured survival, now it's time to press on towards the top of the league. Our finances are really struggling, so I've tended towards young prospects who we can sell on, but also players with ability to get us promoted. Either way, I'm excited for the season ahead.

Transfers Out

No-one really worth discussing, we cleared a lot of deadwood left over from the club's Regionaliga days or players who weren't justifying their wages

Transfers In

I managed to free up some wage budget by shifting the deadwood and poured my scouting budget into scouring the world for bargains. This is what I've managed to come up with.

GK | Aron Taakobishvili (Free)

I needed a backup keeper and Aron is one of the best around. He's already on a similar level to Nwosu and has just as much if not more potential! I expect the two to fight it out and develop, having 2 excellent keepers is no bad thing.

RB | Yoahn Bilingi (Free)

My squad were rioting asking for more cover at RB, so Bilingi was brought in. He looks excellent for this level, doing everything to at least a decent standard and also being able to cover at CB. However, somehow this didn't satisfy my squad so more RB coverage on the way.

RB | David Savic (Loan)

RB #2, which still didn't satisfy my squad. Savic is still a good player to have though, as he can provide cover across the back line, as well as in midfield. A panic loan, but one that could turn out to be smart.

RB | Diyae-Eddine Jermoumi (Loan)

The RB they were finally happy about, Jermoumi comes in as likely our starting option. He's quick, has strong defensive abilities and isn't bad going forward too. He's everything I need from a RB and hopefully he can showcase his ability this season.

CB | Olivier Aertssen (Loan)

The Ajax defender joins us on loan to provide cover and a bit of a different angle to our CB position. Olivier sacrifices some defensive ability for ball-playing ability, something we really lack and an issue we've had for a while. Hopefully he's the key to securing our sometimes leaky defence.

CB | Abba Camara (Loan)

I've utilized my link with Fortuna Dusseldorf to pad out my squad a bit, and Camara brings some needed depth to the defence. He may be slow, but he's got some excellent stats, especially mentally. I think he'll be a really good signing, whether he starts or just offers fresh legs from the bench.

CDM | Wesley Dual (Free)

Dual comes in from La Masia academy and looks a fine prospect. He's already a solid DM with room to grow too. On a free and tiny wages, I'm really happy with this signing.

CM | Naba Mensah (Free)

Set for release, I pounced on Mensah early hoping to secure a gem. Sadly my coaches don't agree with what the scouts saw, and don't reckon he'll be a top prospect. Still, he's not the worst player and can provide some emergency depth in midfield.

CM | Aimé Tendeng (Free)

This guy was found by my scouts and I knew I had to sign him. As an attacking midfielder, he's a gem. Amazing on the ball, great passing and excellent mentally, I feel Tendeng could be a real star for us this season.

CM | Jona Starek (Loan)

Another one for the squad depth. Starek has some decent stats in some good places, but is purely here to provide backup should the worst happen to our starters. I back him to do well if called upon though.

CM | Niccolo Pisilli (Loan)

HE'S BACK! I was scrolling on deadline day for any last-minute additions, and up he popped. I tried my luck with an offer, and to my surprise, he accepted. Pisilli was a key part of our midfield last season, and with the improvements we've made I think he's going to be even better.

RW | Noa-Gabriel Simic (Free)

A talented youngster, Simic is a really exciting one. My coaches believe he has all the potential in the world, and I'm slotting him in as my starting winger. He's got some excellent stats, and if he can develop we could have a real talent on our hands.

ST | Khayon Edwards (Free)

I need some consistency up front and I've turned to ex-Arsenal youth Edwards to provide it. On paper, he's got everything a striker needs and apparently bundles of potential to fill into. I'm excited to see what he can do for us, now and in the future.

ST | Eddy Ouattara (Loan)

Would you believe my squad were complaining once again? This time about the lack of depth up top. I actually agreed though, so Ouattara is brought in as Edwards' deputy. He's a very good player and provides support across the front line. Definitely a nice utility option to have.

Season Preview

We're predicted up in the dizzying heights of 11th. That said, our odds fancy us to maybe cause a few upsets and finish a bit higher in the table. Honestly, with a bit of luck and player development, I honestly think we could be contenders for promotion.

Results So Far

We're doing well! After a horrid pre-season, we shook that off and won our opening game, before securing 2 draws and another win, before falling to a strong Preussen Munster side. However, after our 3-0 win against Erfurt, momentum is on our side! 

Expected Lineup

Nwosu

Jermoumi - Camara - Aertssen - Hosek

Dual

Tendeng - Pisilli

Simic ------ Rossmann

Edwards

We've got a starting 11 which really looks like it belongs in this division and depth to back it up. Barring injuries or random losses of form, I think this team can take us far.

6 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@Rainbowz nice start, finances do look grim but that seems to be the norm with pro teams in the bigger countries.

Definitely, fanbase is nonexistent so I barely get anything from gate receipts. Not entered in the DfB Pokal yet either so no chance of a big game vs a Bundesliga team or anything. Just gotta hope for promotion or a big sale.

Time for my first attempt of the season.

Club Introduction

East Kilbride

ym4Jhoe.png 

The Manager

This is me.

j0AUjQk.png

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Scottish Cup          Viaplay Scottish League Cup        Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

image.png.9588438415f1e4e7ecc28d9904a22f28.png.e91bb1d0d16f572e3e08ef53ad536f16.png

2026/27

Started the season well and was near the top of the league all season with only a small drop off midway through, ended with 6 wins in a row to finish in 1st place. This form made the promotion league more surprising as the team completely tanked and only scored in 2 games, barely managing a shot on goal in the other 4 games. Finished bottom of the league.

Reached the 2nd rd of the portuguese cup again going out 0-1 to 2nd Div Penafiel.

Finances have improved markedly as the board keep on putting money in (about 750K this season). The new stadium was delayed by 2 months and pushed back to sep of next season.

My best player was the top scorer Papo. The youth intakes have made no impact so far and have looked poor, this player was the best of this years. Not sure if they use China's nation rating (60) or Portugals (134) for youth intakes or a combination since 15% are not chinese.

Season

League

Position

Portuguese Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2024/25

Championship

7th in Group D

2nd Rd

N/A

Nico (11)

Claudio (8)

Adequate

Basic

Fairly Basic

Average

2025/26

Championship

3rd in Group D

2nd Rd

N/A

Quitumbo (9)

Claudio (13)

Adequate

Basic

Fairly Basic

Above Average

2026/27

Championship

1st in Group D

2nd Rd

N/A

Papo (14)

Xinhai (8)

Adequate

Basic

Fairly Basic

Above Average

I am close to the end of my first season in Scotland.

Question.  This is not meant to be a boast or anything so please forgive me.

Is everyone else finding FM24 a lot easier than FM23?  I have cruised to the title in Scotland.  I have gone up every season in my dafuge Challenge save.  I even went up three years running in my youth only save!  In FM23 I was sacked several times as I found it a lot more difficult.

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

I am close to the end of my first season in Scotland.

Question.  This is not meant to be a boast or anything so please forgive me.

Is everyone else finding FM24 a lot easier than FM23?  I have cruised to the title in Scotland.  I have gone up every season in my dafuge Challenge save.  I even went up three years running in my youth only save!  In FM23 I was sacked several times as I found it a lot more difficult.

on the 1st save i did in france  i fell out instantly with the squad and they were telling me to go by oct, i got sacked soon after. Perhaps it depends on the country and the professional status of the team. They have toned down the complaining and unrest since the full version came out.

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

East Kilbride

ym4Jhoe.png 

Season Summary

We utterly dominated the league and won it by a huge margin.  We came within a whisker of lifting a domestic cup, but it wasn't to be.

League Table - League Fixtures 1 - League Fixtures 2

Scottish Cup - Viaplay Scottish League Cup - SPFL Trust Trophy

Squad

Omari Forson - Tyreece John-Jules - Lewis Dobbie

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25          49        43        2        4         181              62                +119              87.76%             313 days

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x cinch League Two (2024/25)

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Scottish Cup          Viaplay Scottish League Cup        Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       cinch League Two                      1st       Third Round           Group Stage                        Promoted as champions.  SPFL Trust Trophy runners up.

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2025/26

East Kilbride

ym4Jhoe.png 

Season Summary

We were dominant once again in the league and enjoyed two spectacular cup runs, including lifting our first domestic cup, the SPFL Trust Trophy.

League Table - League Fixtures 1 - League Fixtures 2

Scottish Cup - Viaplay Scottish League Cup - SPFL Trust Trophy

Squad

Tyreece John-Jules - Nathan Redmond - Alex Robertson

Overall Career Record

2024/25          49        43        2        4         181              62                +119              87.76%             313 days
2025/26         102        92        3        7         382             118                +264              90.20% ↑           698 days

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x cinch League One  (2025/26)
1 x cinch League Two  (2024/25)

1 x SPFL Trust Trophy (2025/26)

Career Overview

2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       cinch League Two                      1st       Third Round           Group Stage                        Promoted as champions.  SPFL Trust Trophy runners up.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       cinch League One                      1st ↑     Runners Up  ↑         Second Round ↑                     Promoted as champions.  SPFL Trust Trophy winners.

Edited by DazRTaylor

On 20/11/2023 at 12:18, DazRTaylor said:

You see what I mean?  There is no way a League One club should get to the cup final.  Or win nearly all the league games.

I may stick to youth only as they are much harder.

Maybe its just the scottish league, seems unrealistic that Redmond would join a semi-pro side for 700p/w at the age of 32. must still be championship or L1 standard at that age which would pay 5k-10k p/w at a pro club.

The players you have signed seem miles better than the standard of the league which is why the team is dominating. I assume Scott McTominay is the scottish international, no way is he playing at that level irl for that money at the age of 29. The squad looks more like a  scottish premier team fighing for the european spots for whom reaching a cup final would not be unrealistic.

Edited by Thebaker

image.png.9588438415f1e4e7ecc28d9904a22f28.png

2027/28

Had a decent start but a 5 match winless streak a third of the way in the season was enough to prevent a top 2 finish as Real were 10 points clear and Dezembro dropped only 4 points from the last 15 games (2 were to my team). My team won 10 of the last 14 to get within 2 points of Real going into the last game but a loss in the final game and a draw to Real 2 games before ultimitely cost the team.

In the portuguese cup the team again reached the 2nd Rd losing 1-4 away to championship Vianese.

Finances stayed steady mostly due to the board putting money in due to the perceived poor financial position of the club. They did still agree to improve the youth facilities and the youth recruitment!

I managed to get a feeder club to share training facilities which improved the training ground as well. The club finally moved into the new ground at the end of the season after 8 months of delays.

Assuncao was my best player

Season

League

Position

Portuguese Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2024/25

Championship

7th in Group D

2nd Rd

N/A

Nico (11)

Claudio (8)

Adequate

Basic

Fairly Basic

Average

2025/26

Championship

3rd in Group D

2nd Rd

N/A

Quitumbo (9)

Claudio (13)

Adequate

Basic

Fairly Basic

Above Average

2026/27

Championship

1st in Group D

2nd Rd

N/A

Papo (14)

Xinhai (8)

Adequate

Basic

Fairly Basic

Above Average

2027/28

Championship

3rd in Group D

2nd Rd

N/A

Papo (10)

Assuncao(11)

Good

Below Average

Fairly Basic

Good

Edited by Thebaker

Austria Salzburg are a prestigous team. In the 90’s they were arguably the best team in Austria. Now they are on the way up once more

The new manager Lukas Bader are a man of principle. His management principles are Respect, Dedication and Intelligence. It didn’t take long for Lukas Bader to reshape the squad. As the the transfer windows closed Austria Salzburg had brought in 15 new players. It might take time to gel, but he believes he’s found players with the right DNA. Smart hard-working players

We start off a little rusty but slowly we find our strive. At the halfway point we have comfortable cushion to the relegation zone, and we are playing great football. We strengthen the teams with a couple of players and are ready to stay up and rebuild. In the transfer windo we bring in D/DM/M C Bjarne Pudel and AM RL Loanee Canpolat. And we skyrocket to the top of the league. Grazer AK in 2nd are too far away, but we pick up the second most points in the second half of the season. Liefering are untouchable, but we are 2nd in the xG table.

Season review

Table - Transfers - Squad

Key Players

D/DM/MC Pudel - AM RL Canpolat - ST Breunig 

Edited by Muggert

Time for a German challenge.  I spent a couple of hours reloading until I got a small club.

Club Introduction

TSV Buchbach

OsBPHmA.png 

The Manager

This is me.

lJHwsjB.png

Overall Career Record

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     DFB-Pokal        Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

On 22/11/2023 at 09:53, Thebaker said:

Maybe its just the scottish league, seems unrealistic that Redmond would join a semi-pro side for 700p/w at the age of 32. must still be championship or L1 standard at that age which would pay 5k-10k p/w at a pro club.

The players you have signed seem miles better than the standard of the league which is why the team is dominating. I assume Scott McTominay is the scottish international, no way is he playing at that level irl for that money at the age of 29. The squad looks more like a  scottish premier team fighing for the european spots for whom reaching a cup final would not be unrealistic.

I think it is just in Scotland.  I have parked my save as I won the first fifteen league games in the second tier with ease.  I also agree re the signings.  When I player search, those that are unattached are willing to join.

Anyway, here is the third tier table in Germany as I approach halfway.  Much better.

zCqt2ig.png

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

TSV Buchbach

OsBPHmA.png 

Season Summary

Whilst we struggled early on, we were excellent in the New Year as we climbed the table to finish close to the promotion playoffs.

League Table

League Fixtures 1 - League Fixtures 2

Squad

Joscha Wosz - Gabriel Maciel - Ephraim Kalonji

Overall Career Record

2024/25          38        19       12        7          85              57                 +28              50.00%             332 days

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     DFB-Pokal        Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       3. Liga                               5th          N/a           An excellent season where we exceeded expectations.

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2025/26

TSV Buchbach

OsBPHmA.png 

Season Summary

We once again started slowly though this time we not only recovered, we went the extra yard and achieved promotion as league runners up.  The less said about the cup, the better though.

League Table

DFB-Pokal

Squad

Salvador Cordero - Ashar Richardson - Alexis Figueroa

Overall Career Record

2024/25          38        19       12        7          85              57                 +28              50.00%             332 days
2025/26          77        44       16       17         198             116                 +82              57.14% ↑           697 days

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       3. Liga                               5th          N/a           An excellent season where we exceeded expectations.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       3. Liga                               2nd ↑     First Round ↑    Promoted as runners up.

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2026/27

TSV Buchbach

OsBPHmA.png 

Season Summary

An unexpected season where we qualified for the promotion playoffs.  We were exceptional in dispatching Hannover 96 as we made it into the top flight for the first time in the clubs history.  We also made the second round of the cup.

League Table

Promotion Playoffs

DFB-Pokal

Squad

Rodrigo Tomás - Miguel Marques - João Rêgo

Overall Career Record

2025/26          77        44       16       17         198             116                 +82              57.14% ↑           697 days
2026/27         115        66       20       29         286             170                +116              57.39% ↑         1,069 days

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       3. Liga                               2nd ↑     First Round  ↑   Promoted as runners up.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       2. Bundesliga                         3rd ↑     Second Round ↑   Promoted via promotion playoffs.

Edited by DazRTaylor

image.png.9588438415f1e4e7ecc28d9904a22f28.png.db30881614ed151ac2492f7a6c3b39eb.png.5aee932db43dd1e0798672a82340d763.png

2028/29

Started the season with a few wins before losing to Serpa and Dezembro and never managed to get near to them again as they carried on winning all season. Defensively the team was much worse this year and the team had to come from behind to win matches a lot. Dropped the GK and sold him, ended up relying on 1 GK for the end of the season.

In the portuguese cup the team got past 2 championship sides in Esperance de Lagos and Amarante 2-1 before facing 2nd league AVS SAD in the 3rd rd. Took advantage of their poor form to win on penalties  after drawing 0-0 at home. In the 4th rd the team faced 3rd league Torreense but were well beaten 0-2 away.

Finances remainded steady with the board only putting in 200K as increased sponsorship, TV money and gate money covering the rest of the expenses.

Baixinho (110 apps, 17 goals) left after falling down the playing order.

Baiao played as the most advanced striker and responded by scoring a record number of goals. Ferreira came in to boost the squad depth in midfield but was a star player by the end scoring double figues from CM.

Season

League

Position

Portuguese Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2024/25

Championship

7th in Group D

2nd Rd

N/A

Nico (11)

Claudio (8)

Adequate

Basic

Fairly Basic

Average

2025/26

Championship

3rd in Group D

2nd Rd

N/A

Quitumbo (9)

Claudio (13)

Adequate

Basic

Fairly Basic

Above Average

2026/27

Championship

1st in Group D

2nd Rd

N/A

Papo (14)

Xinhai (8)

Adequate

Basic

Fairly Basic

Above Average

2027/28

Championship

3rd in Group D

2nd Rd

N/A

Papo (10)

Assuncao(11)

Good

Below Average

Fairly Basic

Good

2028/29

Championship

3rd in Group D

4th Rd

N/A

Baiao (22)

Empis (12)

Good

Below Average

Fairly Basic

Good

Edited by Thebaker

End of Season Review

Season 2027/28

TSV Buchbach

OsBPHmA.png 

Season Summary

Well, we survived though we couldn't buy a win post Christmas.  We were a different side in the cup as we made it all the way to the final and despite being dominated by second tier Bochum, we lifted our first trophy, on penalties.

League Table

DFB-Pokal

Squad

Mikkel Duelund - Josh Conway - Francisco Arce

Overall Career Record

2026/27         115        66       20       29         286             170                +116              57.39% ↑         1,069 days
2027/28         155        81       26       48         353             257                 +96              52.29% ↓         1,431 days

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

1 x DPB-Pokal (2027/28)

Career Overview

2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       3. Liga                               2nd ↑     First Round  ↑   Promoted as runners up.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       2. Bundesliga                         3rd ↑     Second Round ↑   Promoted via promotion playoffs.
2027/28           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Bundesliga                           15th ↑     Winners      ↑   Survived relegation.

Edited by DazRTaylor

We sign 7 players for the new season. We have high hopes for DL Martín, DMC/MC Essugo and AML Alfon. Overall a solid transfer window. Building on the team we had but strengthening the weaknesses.

After a strong finish to our previous season Austria Salzburg entered the season full of hope. It was clear that their main competitors would be newly demoted Austria Lustenau. We've had a pretty rough start to the season and meet them in round 6. We dominate the game completely, but somehow loose 2-1. This is gonna be a challenge just as expected.

I'm making a name for myself as Wolfsberger from the Admiral Bundesliga comes knocking. But I reject.. Of course!

After the first game of the spring season we're placed well around the top of the league. Austria Lustenau has fallen behind and our new competitors are St. Pölten. We've played 8 in a row without loosing and are looking good in the proces. We've acquired AMRL Róber in the winter break and he could be a steal for this level. The race for promotion continues. Even though we keep winning most games, St. Pölten have taken over the promotion spot and the top spot. We have a home game against them left.

With 4 games we can pretty much seal promotion with a win against St. Pölten. We still haven't lost and they've lost some crucial points. We on the other hand have just set the record for most consecutive games without a loss in the Bundesliga 2. It's down to the wire. Us or St. Pölten! We line up in our strongest formation in the title decider. We play a bit more cautios than normal as we are afraid of the strong counterattacks from our opponent. We play a good game, but in the end we loose. They are back in it.

Fortunately we hold on to our now slim lead. On the final day in front of 1500 home fans we lift the title and secure promotion after a solid 3-0 win against Blau Weiss Linz. We're going up!

Season review

Table - Squad - Transfers

Key Players

AMC Idrizi - AMR RóberST Breunig

Season Review 2025-26

Squad | Tactic | Table | Finances

Season Summary

Results: Sept-Dec | Jan-May

6af788cf835e993e0abdb728b9f60198.png

WE'RE PROMOTED!!

To be honest, I always knew this was a possibility. We started well and our team just kept growing stronger. Once I found a tactic which clicked, we felt unstoppable. By the end we were considered title favourites. I'm overjoyed!

Transfers Out

Gaku Nawata (Loan)

To try to salvage some value/development, we've sent Nawata on loan. Some J1 League teams were sniffing around, so maybe he has more potential than expected. Guess we'll see.

Sabio Ibrahimo (Free)

Simple case of a player wanting to leave and me wanting to free up wages. We're stacked at the back and Ibrahimo didn't get a look in, no worries about this one.

Transfers In

My squad once again mutinied about a lack of depth up front, and not wanting to tank our amazing form, I caved and loaned in 3 attackers to sate their lust for a bloated squad.

LW | Osman Camara

I had my eye on Camara as a potential end of contract signing, so loaning him in made sense. Although mentally dreadful, he's extremely quick and very good on the ball, which is definitely enough for this division. I'll be keeping a keen eye on how he develops.

ST | Alexander Holl (Loan)

Brought in as a panic from our affiliates Fortuna Dusseldorf. Holl looks a decent striker, but is a clear step down from our main men. He'll be useful in an injury crisis, but lets hope things don't get that dire.

ST | Skye Vink (Loan)

My final loanee is the extremely well-rounded Vink from Ajax. He looks excellent for this level and gives us another strong option in the attack. He has tough competition from Edwards and Outtara, but more options is never a bad thing.

Key Players

#1 - Khayon Edwards

I knew Edwards was going to be a success, but he's completely blown me away by how he took to life in Germany. He just seemed to keep scoring no matter the opposition and made life very easy for us. I'm trusting him to lead the line next season, despite the step up.

#2 - Eddy Outtara

Despite initially being a backup loan, Outtara's ability shone through and forced me to change my tactics to allow him and Edwards to both play. When one didn't score, the other would and provided an attack which the entire league feared.

#3 - Niccolo Pisilli

Once again, Pisilli ran our midfield, creating attacks, stopping counters and everything in between. It's obvious to anyone he's a step up from this division, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him get a chance back at Roma. Although I'd love to get him permanently, with his high value and potential, I doubt it's likely.

Next Season's Thoughts

We've got a lot of rebuilding to do for next season. Although we have a few standouts, our squad definitely isn't cut out for the 2. Bundesliga and we've mainly managed so far on loans far above our level. I'm hoping to bring in a mix of experience and leadership, as well as some young stars on permanent deals who we can develop and push us forward. It's going to be a busy one. Our finances are also dreadful and our budget for next season is very meagre, so I'm praying for survival to reap that sweet 2nd division money.

Untitled.jpg.84c4a7d8790582d56ace17dad92dfa02.jpg

Got a bit bored with the groundhog nature of my save in Portugal so i have started again in France with Racing CFF.

Based in Paris they were a successful club winning Ligue 1 in the 30's and the french cup 5 times in the 30s and 40s. The club have been in the lower reaches for the last 30 years and are slowly making their way back up.

Facilities

14 hours ago, aldojags said:

Well done @Rainbowz Outtara looks great - any chance of getting him back?

Your finances are unfortunate given how much below your wage budget you are?

Or had your prize money not come through yet?

Doubt I'm getting Outtara back, he's valued at like £1.9m now and even if I could afford it, that money could get me an entire new squad. I've got a few exciting names lined up though.

Yeah the club generates like zero revenue from games and 3. Liga gives no prize money. 2. Bundesliga revenue will sort me out though, just need to get to the end of the season.

3 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@Rainbowz good season there. Your squad is quite reliant on loan players, can you get any back. Pisilli looks a great player.

Thanks, I'm definitely not going to rely on loans next season, it's too much of a lottery and means we can't develop players of our own.

Pisilli is a player I'll always love, but I think it's time to move on and get a midfield gem of our own. Wouldn't shock me if he gets first team games for Roma now either.

Season Preview 2026-27

Well we're in the dizzying heights of the 2. Bundesliga now, it's all about securing survival and building ourselves up. How did we do in our first months after promotion?

Transfers Out

GK | Nathaniel Nwosu (£1,300,000)

Nwosu kicked up a fuss last season about not being played enough for some reason, despite being my #1. Despite giving him the playing time he wanted, apparently that wasn't enough and he wanted to leave. The plan was always to sell him anyway, and making total profit on him is excellent. We also have a few sell-on clauses, so we should be due some money if he develops.

GK | Aron Yaakobishvili (£1,200,000)

This one hurts. Immediately at the start of the season, Aron said he wanted to explore his options, which I couldn't talk him out of. He then proceeded to constantly complain about every issue and wouldn't listen, meaning he had to go. Getting over £1m for someone with 1 year left is always good, but I had high hopes for Aron and seeing his value sore is frustrating. Still, I'd rather have players who want to be here and the profit we made can't be ignored.

LB | Jan Hosek (Free)

Although he was a good servant last year, Hosek's insane wage demands meant I couldn't keep him around. He'll be missed, but he's not irreplacable.

RW | Noa-Gabriel Simic (£350,000)

Like many of my players, Simic wanted an insane wage rise and got annoyed when I said no. With the wingers we've brought in and my opinion that Simic had reached his peak, I had no problems moving him on.

Transfers In

I managed to free up some wage budget by shifting the deadwood and poured my scouting budget into scouring the world for bargains. This is what I've managed to come up with.

GK | Tom de Graaff (Free)

Simply, I needed a backup keeper and de Graaff was the only one who didn't want stupid wages. He's definitely not someone I want to rely on, but he's good enough to make appearances now and again.

GK | Lukas Hornicek (£50,000)

With Yaakobishvili leaving on deadline day, I had to act fast to secure the goalkeeping spot. Hornicek looks a good keeper for this level with some good potential. I think he'll do an excellent job until we find someone to hold down the position more long-term.

GK | Callan McKenna (£160,000)

Meet Mr. Long Term. I found McKenna in the Scottish u21 squad, and when I saw his stats and value moved quickly to snap him up. I think he has serious potential to be a top keeper for us, and though he'll likely deputize for now, the future is definitely bright.

RB | Andrew Kun Wah Lee (Free)

Released from Arsenal, Andrew has a lot of potential, having been capped at youth level by England. Definitely one for the future, though an English nationality is always easy to cash in on.

RB | Tomás Esteves (Free)

An excellent signing here. Esteves offers solid experience and a bit of potential, having been touted for bigger things in the past. He's everything I need in a wing-back, both solid defensively and excellent going forward. I reckon he'll be a star player for us this season.

CB | Alex Perez (Free)

Defence is definitely somewhere we're light, and Perez adds some much needed ability. He offers a great defensive presence, being very tall and strong. Hopefully with a quicker partner beside him, we can build a defensive wall to help us stay up.

CB | Ljubo Puljic (Free)

Another excellent CB signing, Puljic gives us both the pace and the aerial ability we need. He can do it all at the back and even has a bit of ability on the ball. With his potential also, I think we've pulled off a real coup here, and I reckon he's going to be a star for us.

CB | Noel Atom (Free)

The final of my CB signings, Atom gives us a nice home-grown option in the back line. He's very well-rounded and has a little bit of potential. One of those signings that can't really go wrong, I'm excited to see how he does.

CB | Ibrahim Miftah (Free)

I found this guy while scouting amateur youth players, and after a quick scout knw I had to sign him. He's got excellent potential and will hopefully develop quickly. Whether he joins the first team or is sold, I think he's a real asset for the future.

LB | Nhoa Sangui (Loan)

With only one real LB option, Sangui is brought in to provide cover for Atom. He's definitely good enough for this league as a backup, and should be great should we need him.

CM | Sandro Nascimento (Free)

Another young player I'm glad to get through the door, Sandro looks like a solid playmaker with a lot of potential to grow. I think he has the potential to be a surprinsingly good player from the get-go, but time will tell.

CM | Kofi Amoako (Free)

Kofi comes in as a solid backup option for us. High determination and a good personality was behind this one, as I'm looking to have a good core to the team. He'll likely not feature much, but he's a decent option off the bench if needed.

CM | Naouirou Ahamada (Free)

After an injury crisis at CM, I plunged into the market and found Ahamada. He looks exceptional for this level, with outstanding mentals and physicals, with his physicals in the right place too. With potential to fill as well, he could be a sleeper signing of the season.

CM | Theo (Free)

Known to some as Theo Zidane, when I saw this guy available I just had to sign him. With a season-ending injury to Nascimento, I wanted to strengthen my midfield and Theo is just the guy. Amazing going forward and with potential to fill, he'll be a key player in this team, despite only wanting to come in as a squad option.

RW | Kayke (Free)

Another player once destined for bigger things, Kayke is a really exciting player. He's fantastic going forward and I expect he'll be a key playmaker for us. It wouldn't surprise me if he develops a fair amount too. It's always nice to get some Brazilian flair into the side and that's what Kayke provides.

LW | Shane Kluivert (Free)

We've signed a legend! Well, the son of one. As soon as I saw Kluivert was available, I did everything to sign him as I expected he'd be good, and I wasn't wrong. He's a definite step up to our current attack and will be a threat to any team in the league. With a lot of room to grow, maybe we'll have our own legendary Kluivert?

ST | Kilian Blind (Free)

One for the youth team, Blind looks a decent prospect for the future on a no-risk deal. We'll see what he does for the u19s then go from there.

ST | Mattia Mosconi (Free)

Replacing Outtara was always going to be a hard ask, but Mosconi looks like he could definitely do the job. He's got excellent attacking stats and decent potential to fill, as well as being able to play multiple positions. Whether he'll start or provide cover, we'll wait and see, but he's definitely a good player.

ST | Dane Scarlett (Free)

I can't believe this one. I was shocked when Tottenham released him, stunned when he was willing to talk to us and in disbelief when he accepted my offer. Anyone who has played FM has seen how could this guy can get, and now he's ours! He has a £1.7m release clause and I broke the bank to sign him, but if things go well, he could be an absolute star for us now and in the future.

ST | Karim Hassouni (£37,500)

Our first signing for money! I was doing some scouting of youth teams and Hassouni looked a real gem. I had to act quick as other teams were interested, so didn't have a chance to fully scout him. Even then, I think he's a really good prospect. He'll spend the season on loan with San Felix, then we'll have a chance to take a good look at him.

Squad

As expected, it's all change at Norderstedt. We've brought in some absolutely incredible players, which absolutely shocked me as I was expecting to struggle. We've lost some key players with both keepers leaving, but our squad is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was just 2 months ago.

Season Preview

Despite our massive overhaul, we're still considered strong relegation favourites, which just speaks to the strength of the 2. Bundesliga. I think that's a little harsh, and reckon we can survive fairly easily. Time will tell though.

Results So Far

Our start has been pretty mixed. The highs involve a storming win against Hannover and stunning Bundesliga side Mainz in the DfB Pokal, however we crashed back down with horrid losses, including a 1-6 demolition vs Darmstadt. Our squad's morale has plummeted, with players complaining about a miriad of issues. Hopefully things improve fast.

Expected Lineup

Hornicek

Esteves - Puljic - Alex Perez - Atom

Theo - Ahamada

Kayky ---------------------- Kluivert

Scarlett - Edwards

We've had a complete overhaul this season, with only Edwards surviving the chop. Call me crazy, but this looks like a solid 2nd division team already! With some good luck and good performances, who knows what we can achieve?