FM24 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/12/2023 at 22:54, aldojags said:

@Rainbowzlike the signings, great right back in Esteves, and the forwards Scarlett and Kluivert will get you plenty goals

The injury proneness of some of these guys worries me, but if that's okay I'm expecting a strong season.

Austria Salzburg - Bundesliga - 26-27

We splash the cash on danish central midfielder Asp-Jensen from Bayern Münich. We find it difficult to attract players of sufficient caliber but manage to find a bunch of players. We will have to do with the base of last years team.

And then it’s time for the first battle against Red Bull! But we get hammered. 4-0

Later in the season we are playing well and get a result at home against Red Bull as we get a 1-1 result.

We’ve had some memorable matches along the way. We won a game in which our opponent had 3 own goals and a memorable turnaround against Austria Wien. All in all we're playing solid football

All in all we’ve had a great half season in the topfligt and after 22 games we qualify for the championship group stage in 4th. We’re safe!

We struggle in the league and have a rough time getting points. Meanwhile in the cup we are playing well. We beat Sturm Graz and are through to the final against….. Red Bull…

We line-up in the final in our strongest formation.

Cup Final

10 minutes – Scrum in the penalty area. Penalty for Austria…. Asp-Jensen slots it home. 1-0.

It’s been a quiet first half with loose chances for both teams. ST Breunig are a handful and RB Salzburg have had troubles with him the first half an hour.

At the end of the half Red Bull piles on the pressure. They have several good attempts to end the half but we keep the lead. 1-0 at the break.

After the break the domination continue. ST Konate have had 7 shots so far. He’s the league topscorer and will hit the net eventually. After 50 minutes Retegui enters for RB. 10 minutes he equalises. 1-1.

We drop a bit further back. To combat the movement of Konate.

After the adjustment RB have a hard time finding space and creating chances. Unfortunately it’s the same for us. The game ends 1-1. It’s time for extra time. The depth of RB would mean they are huge favourites.

They score 5 minutes into the game. At the half we throw everything forward… Boom Boom… 4-1 Red Bull Salzburg… We gave them a good game.

In the league we’ve won a couple of games and are in a great position to take a european place. We need a result against LASK in the final game. Meanwhile Hartberg has to loose against Red Bull.

Promotion push

After the first half the game is still tied at 0. So is the Hartberg game. So far no european football.

One of the most boring games of the season, but suddenly the away crowd goes wild. Red Bull have scored.

And then. Out of nowhere LASK scores with 5 minutes to go.

Heartbreak

But we still have a chance against Austria Wien in the european playoff final, but unfortunately we loose 3 finals this year. Total and utter destruction.

All in all a solid season, but feels disappointing with all the important losses.

Season review

Competitions

Transfers

Squad

Key Players

DL Martín

MC Asp-Jensen

ST Breunig

Edited by Muggert

image.png.478b3e12a60d3dd8ec2abde133ae3218.png

Season 1 - 2024/25 (NK Roltek Dob - Slovenian 2nd Division)

Introduction

After my usual pathetic 3 or 4 attempts at the Youth Academy challenge, I decided to return home to this challenge, which is always my favourite save of the year playing in some obscure league and leading a minnow to glory.

I chose Slovenia, and NK Roltek Dob jumped out at me due to the decent youth recruitment/junior coaching they had for the level they're at (due to our relationship with premier league team Domzale). Club's starting profile, board expectations, and season preview had us lower middle table.

Season Report

League Table | Fixtures 1 & 2

We absolutely romped the league! Were leading very early on and never let up the whole season, as I often do in the lower leagues, I abused the loan market, but had some good players of my own too. Also had a fantastic run to the semi final's of the Slovenian FA cup, in the end losing to premier league team and often seen in Europe - Maribor. 3-2 flattered us, they absolutely battered us, but on paper 3-2 makes it look like we ran them close!

Club Infrastructure

Finances | Facilities | Supporter Profile

Started season with £200k, lost all of it, but topped up by £60k prize money at end of season. We were semi pro, but now fully professional following our promotion. The junior coaching and youth facilities have taken a hit, as we have lost our affiliation with Domzale, whom we shared facilities with. But now we're in same league that link's been terminated! However I managed to upgrade youth recruitment up to the max which I'm hoping brings through some talent!

Squad/Manager Review

Team of the Season | End of Season Manager Profile | Manager of the Year | Player of the Year | Top Goalscorer of the Year | Transfers 1 & 2

Won the league mainly due to the consistency of my front 4 - AML - Klemen Justin, AMC - Leon Sever, AMR - Dino Zenkovic, and striker - Stian Dzumhur. They just clicked and we created too many chances and out of a combined 35 league and cup matches, we only failed to score in 1. 

As the above, I won manager of the season, Zenkovic won player of the season, and Dzumhur was the top scorer in the league. As you'll see from the transfer page we went a bit mad, but I always do in the lower leagues, half of the players listed there were on amateur contracts.

Youth Intake

Preview | Intake Day | Squad View |Final Scholars Announced

A terrible preview, rubbish intake, and no-one who'll threaten the first team so I won't waste your time looking at it. Have upgraded my recruitment and now have a better HOYD so I expect better in the years to come!

Next Season

Have signed 1 or 2, but my wage budget has only went from £3k per week to £6k per week, and every new signing wants 500-800 a week, so it's going to be hard to recruit decent calibre, I've again abused the loan market and I feel I've got enough to meet the objective of avoiding relegation!

Year
League
Position
Cup
Europe
Ave Attendance
Manager Profile
Facilities
Finances
2nd
1st
Semi Final
N/A

Edited by aldojags

Untitled.jpg.84c4a7d8790582d56ace17dad92dfa02.jpg.3bd1c8c26c22a653e682e9223a8f1863.jpg

Table | Squad | Transfers

Got off to a really good start in spite of being predicted comfortably last, by dec the team were only just behind the top 3. The team fell apart in the new year as the defence which had been solid up to that point let in goals from everywhere and relegation was only just avoided. The disparity in the size of the clubs in the division is huge with a mixture of pro and semi-pro.

In the french cup the team started in the fifth rd and faced lower league teams in the first 3 rounds played, winning without too much trouble. In the 8th rd the team faced Ligue 2 Amiens but were beaten pretty comfortably 1-2 at home.

Finances are poor with the club losing 65K a month on average, my chairman sold my best youth player for next to nothing as it was an offer too good to refuse. My training facilities were downgraded at the end of the season.

My best striker was Zouogbo who took a while to get going but excellent for much of the season before dropping away at the end. Emmanuel is a winger who i played as the 2nd striker to generally good effect.

Season

League

Position

French Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2024/25

National

9th

8th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (16)

Emmanual (9)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

Edited by Thebaker

8 hours ago, aldojags said:

9th is a decent first season @Thebaker

a few more players like Zouogbo and Emmanuel and you'll be up near the top in a season or 2. Annoying to lose Liccardi he looks like he could have been handy

It is proving remarkably difficult to find the players that will improve the team. I had intend to upgrade on GK, CM, LM and maybe the CB and FB's if possible. By Nov i have got in a LM and the midfield looks worse as i signed some young players to make up the numbers after losing Ndiaye .

After last seasons great return to the top-tier the hopes among the fans was high. We needed some experienced players to add to the mix. Unfortunately the finances are still weak and we have the lowest wage budget in the league.

We add in GK Mastrantonio and CB Wardrope as clear strengthening of the squad. And then we sign a bunch of young guys. If this is going to work out in the long run we need to develop talent and sell them. We have high hopes for speedster AMR/ST Thery. He could become a star here some day.

We get yet another poor start to the season, but once we get going we're playing pretty well. I've gotten the attention of the big leagues, but I'm happy where I am. Union Berlin, Monza, Hoffenheim and Gladbach all get rejected.

We once again qualify for the championship group, we've worked a bunch of the youngsters into the rotation and they're playing above expectations.

With another chance to qualify for the championship group we earlier on the year stretched the budget and got a future star. AMR Romildo was brought in some days before deadline day and while we are a bit over budget we're sure he'll pay off. He's had 4 assists in his first 5 games. And while he's still young and inconsistent he's shown in glimpses that he can take over games.

Another season secured in the Bundesliga, another championship group finish. Can it get better? Yeah... What about a big rivalry win in front of the home crowd? We win 1-0 at home after a late winner by AMR Thery. The fans went nuts. Not thinking of the poor performance from the team. Winning games cures all disappointments about poor play.

The win against Red Bull gives us the confidence to finish off strong in the league, and after loosing a lot of points early on we go 4-2-0 as we enter the final matchday against Sturm. We sit at 4th control our own destiny. A win and we're playing in Europe next season and will secure a 3rd place finish!

Breunig brings us in front after 12 minutes. We hold on to the lead as we go into the break. Rapid are winning 4-0. We need to win.

We have several good shots in the start of the second. But as time goes by we become more and more nervous. Afraid to throw it all away like last season. Suddenly Sturm striker Zimmermann are completely free in the penalty box and just have to tap it in. But he misses. It's going to be one hectic half an hour.

We tough it out. We are going to europe!

Season review

Competitions

Transfers

Squad

Players of the season

DL Martin

MC Asp-Jensen

Breunig

FC_Eintracht_Norderstedt_03_logo.svg
Season Review 2026-27

Squad | Tactic | Table | Finances

Season Summary

Results: Sept-Dec | Jan-May

We started excellently, but really fell off towards the middle of the season. Thankfully we managed to pull together some late-season form to avoid the very tight drop.

Transfers Out

N/A

Transfers In

We had a few pre-contract players arriving this winter, with one new first-team name.

CB | Cristian Ruiz (Free)

I found this guy through my South American scouting and snapped him up immediately. He's a solid player, though needs to develop before touching our first team. His rise in value and the coaches' opinion on his potential tells me we've got a gem on our hands here though.

CB | Nectar Triantis (£250,000)

Originally signed on a pre-contract, I felt we needed strengthening immediately at the back, so Triantis joins. He's an excellent CB for this level with a decent amount of potential. Despite not getting much gametime for Sunderland, I think he's a player of real quality, and a big improvement to our defence.

DM | Ola Bergersen (Free)

Signed on a pre-contract, Bergersen looked a player with a lot of potential, which my coaches seem to agree with. He'll likely be a II squad player who I'll keep an eye on, but he definitely has potential to be something.

ST | Fernando Silva (Free)

Probably the gem of my youth signings, Silva looks an absolute steal for a player of his ability and potential. He'll likely be a backup while I watch his development, but the fact he's already valued at around £12m and has seemingly extremely high potential makes me very excited. He could possibly be a name to remember in this save.

Key Players

#1 - Dane Scarlett

I always had high expectations for Dane, but competing with Edwards for goals is no mean feat. However, he surpassed him and absolutely tore the league apart. Keeping hold of Scarlett will be key for the future, I can sense great things with him leading the line.

#2 - Khayon Edwards

Maybe not the explosive season of yore for Edwards, but he still banged in the goals and was a key player. His form has dropped since interest has been shown in him, leaving me thinking it might be time to move him on, but I can't deny his form when he's motivated.

#3 - Lukas Hornicek

I was a bit dubious about Hornicek when I brought him in, but I trusted my scouts opinions. I'm glad I did as he's been excellent. He's kept a leaky defence from flooding, and the difference with him in and out of the team is night and day. Whether or not he's our man for next season remains to be seen, but he's definitely been a bit part in our survival.

Next Season's Thoughts

Having struggled this season, it's obvious work is needed for us to progress. I've identified the key players and those who didn't live up to expectations, and will be shuffling things around a bit. With the massive cash influx from the league, we're in a really good place to improve the squad. Expect a few first teamers and a lot of youth/II team players to be signed up as we look to improve.

Untitled.jpg.84c4a7d8790582d56ace17dad92dfa02.jpg.3bd1c8c26c22a653e682e9223a8f1863.jpg.f737069d3e50cf8ee666c5252bdc7479.jpg

Started the season by failing to really upgrade on many of the positions i wanted and the midfield was actually weaker, this resulted in only 5 points from the first 8 games. The french cup started at the right time as wins in this competition allowed the team morale to improve and the team only lost 1 game in the next 9 leaue games to climb to mid table. Patchy form from feb onwards meant the team finished in midtable, the team had the worst home form of any team in the league which is disappointing.

In the french cup the team faced lower league teams in the 5th and 6th rounds easily winning. In the 7th rd the team faced National league Chateauroux and won 2-1 at home. In the 8th and 9th rounds the team faced more lower league teams and went through by narrow margins in games they dominated. In the 10th rd the team played struggling SO Cholet but could only draw 1-1 at home and required penalties to go through. In the 11th rd the team were up against Ligue 1 Metz at home, Metz were poor but won 0-2 with 2 last minute goals.

Finances stablised thanks to cashing in a sell on clause for Lefebvre  for 200K and the prize money from the french cup. I also released a lot of dead wood players. I am getting annoyed with higher teams making offers of 0 for my best youth players.

Zouogbo continues to be my best striker and can still improve. Koffi was a good addition at LM, playing as a winger he has a habit of cutting in to score with his right foot even though there are no instructions or PPM's for him to do this. He missed 2 months through injury but strangely this was when the teams form picked up.

Season

League

Position

French Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2024/25

National

9th

8th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (16)

Emmanual (9)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

2025/26

National

10th

11th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (19)

Koffi (7)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

Edited by Thebaker

This game sometimes, I mean, I love it, but sometimes it's stupid!

Just had my 3 team leaders come to see me and ask for emergency meeting, and advise that i should give my backup goalie the first team football he's asking for. All fairly normal for FM, but yes you've guessed it, one of the team leaders is my first team goalie, who's mood and body language improved when I said ok then I'll play him!!

2028-29 Austria Salzburg - European Nights

Despite qualifying for a european group stage our budget stays pretty much the same. We have a thin squad for the league let alone another competition. It's loan season!

We've gotten a strong start to the season and are 2nd after 4 games. We'll need it. Once the fixture congestion kicks in we'll drop points a plenty.

The draw pits us against PAOK Salonika in the Europa League playoffs. A good draw. With a bit of luck I believe we can win! We dominate the first game and go into the second leg with a 4-2 lead. ST Breunig once again played well on the big scene. He scored 2 goals. We get hit by injuries and we need a good bit of luck as we go into the second leg , but in the end we go through. We loose 2-1 in Greece but are ready for the next round. 5-4 aggregate win. Europa League group stage here we come!

Our european adventures continue with an impressive result. With the fixture congestion we play our reserves against Sporting. Believing we did not have a chance, but the players fought admirable and gave us a 3-2 victory and a perfect start to our european group stage. We quickly get brought down to earth as we loose 3-0 at Qarabag.

We are playing decent in the league but are turning heads in europe. I've been names manager of the year for the first 4 years of my career. The big clubs come running. Juventus and Sevilla wants me, but I politely decline. I have unfinished business here.

The big reason for the interest in my managerial abilities are our Europa League results. 6 wins and 2 losses and we qualify for the round of 16. We have beaten Lech Poznan, Olympiacos, Union Berlin and Sporting. We get a tough draw as we have a trip for Galatasaray coming up.

We crash out of the europe league in spectacular fashion. After 25 minute we're down 3-0 in Turkey and after an hour we are 5 goals behind. In the end we loose 6-0 and all the memories of a great european run have been scarred. We loose the return leg 3-1 as well.

While we've produced some good results in europe we've had decent domestic succes as well. While our cup run ended before it started in the 3rd round, we've produced the best result yet in the preliminary stage of the Bundesliga. We finish 4th and bring 21 points with us to the championship group. 4 less than Red Bull.

With only the league in our focus we go on a solid run in the championship group. We loose against Altach and Red Bull, but go 5-2-0 in the rest. With one game left we have secured a place in Champions League qualification and our best finish ever with 2nd.

Season review

Transfers

Competitions

Squad

Key players

DC Wardrope

AMR Romildo

ST Breunig

I'll do a proper season review, but look at this for a final day of the season! My 2nd season in charge, 1st season in top division, and we go to Olimpia on last day of season knowing a win will see us win the league!

Olimpia have a better GD than us but we've beaten them twice so if we win a third time we'd win the league on head to head record.

We won't win, but 2nd in my first season up and taking the league to the last day has been unbelievable season.

Not sure how this has happened, doesn't say much for the Slovenian leagues, as my team is like a lower half English league 2 team (maybe!) 

image.thumb.png.b6fd5fb6ead20d107f9aacba49e643ba.png

Season Preview 2027-28

After securing survival, it's time to push on with becoming established in this division. I'm not expecting heroics, but let's see how pre-season panned out.

Transfers Out

We've had some big outs, but also some released players or loans out.

CB | Ibrahim Miftah (£7,500,000)

When I saw my board immediately accepted an offer for one of our most promising youths, I sighed. However, I wasn't expecting an offer so high, and honestly I'd have accepted it myself. As talented as Miftah is, £7.5m is gamechanging money for us and we have several talented prospects to fill his spot. Maybe he'll go on to be a star and we'll regret this, but for now I'm happy to see such big money for someone we got for free.

RW | Kayky (£900,000)

Another case of my board seeing dollar signs, I'm not too sad to see Kayky go after he kicked up a fuss. He developed well with us, but his performances weren't anything gamechanging and I'd rather keep a united dressing room. If he goes on to be something, we'll regret this heavily, but I somehow doubt that.

ST | Dane Scarlett (£2,900,000)

AGGGHHHH!!! After a tranfer window of interest and no bids, Leicester throw in a lowball of £2.9m and my board accept it with zero hesitation, giving me no chance to protest and sell him immediately. To say Scarlett was carrying our attack is an understatement, especially with Edwards' loss of form. To lose him on deadline day with hours to go hurts so, so badly, I've quit saves over less. However, we've got to press on and endure, one player doesn't make a team.

Transfers In

With a tonne of money brought in through sales, I had a lot of money to invest improving the squad, both now and for the future.

GK | Kilian Eppinger (Free)

A II squad signing, Kilian keeps that team strong while offering some decent potential. Not expecting much, but a homegrown keeper is always handy to have.

GK | Manuel Gasparini (£250,000)

Gasparini is my new #1 and it's easy to see why, with his more consistent stats looking a far better option to Hornicek. I'm expecting some solid performances from the Italian as I trust him to lead the defence this season.

RB | José Ferreira (£100,000)

My squad were unhappy once again, again about the right-back spot, so Ferreira comes in to quell their worries. He's a really good RB with a good amount of potential, so an excellent backup to have. 

RB | Givairo Read (Loan)

Would you believe Ferreira wasn't enough to stop my squad from moaning? Because I would. Read is brought in to stop my players from complaining. Maybe he'll play, maybe not, but my squad's happiness is key currently.

CB | Jordan Monsheju (Free)

Another one for the II squad, I scouted Jordan and knew he had some potential so snapped him up. Just a nice risk-free transfer to keep our 2nd team strong while possibly generating some future value.

CB | Jacob Jonas (£160,000)

My South African scouting as yielded Jonas as one of our signings, and what a signing! Even at just 18, he slots straight into our defence. With some clear standout attributes and excellent potential, I've got very high hopes for this lad.

CB | Bacari Baldé (Free)

Uncovered by my scouts in Portugal, Baldé comes in as a II team player for the future. Although not much now, both my scouts and coaches agree he has buckets of potential, so he's definitely someone I'm watching closely.

LB | Daley Sinkgraven (Free)

I wanted a bit more experience at LB and Sinkgraven offers that. He's getting on a bit, but he's an experienced head in a young team which I feel is valuable. Hopefully he puts in some strong performances

CM | Francisco Sangu (Free)

Similar to Baldé, Sangu was uncovered by my Portugal scouting and on a free, I signed him up. He's a solid player with some decent potential, so I'll be keeping an eye on his growth for sure.

CAM | Shola Shoretire (Free)

I broke the bank for this one, but hopefully seeing the name you understand why. Shola is an extremely highly rated prospect, and I knew I had to rush to sign him. He may not be a world-beater yet, but he easily comes in as one of our top players still with time to grow. Like the rest of our young English contingent, he's someone I'm very excited about.

CAM | Andri Þorvaldsson (£38,000)

Another product of my extensive scouting network, Andri looks a top prospect for our II team. He has a lot of developing to do, but I've got high hopes for his future.

RW | Mikey Moore (£350,000)

I initially tried to sign Moore on his release from Tottenham, however he chose Ipswich over me. However, after limited game time, I managed to snap him up. Mikey is extremely talented with a tonne of potential, and at 20 I believe he has plenty of time to develop. If we can get him to grow and develop, we've got a real player on our hands here.

ST | Will Lankshear (£180,000)

With Scarlett leaving, I had to scramble to fill the massive void he left in my attack, and who better than another Tottenham youth striker? Lankshear definitely isn't the player Scarlett was, but on such short notice, he's definitely an amazing buy. With big shoes to fill and the starting role his to take, hopefully he can be my new reliable #9.

ST | Marco Biondi (£100,000)

Another scouted youth player, my coaches don't seem to think Biondi has the potential my scouts did, but I'm willing to see. With 20 determination and some already strong stats, I think if there's growth to be had, we'll see it, but he's a definite wait and see.

Squad

Our squad remins relatively in-tact, with additions brought in to strengthen some weaker spots. We've invested heavily in youth this season, so lots of our players drop straight into the II squad, but don't be surprised to see a couple on the first-team fringes over the next year.

Season Preview

Despite some key losses, we're predicted stronger than last season's preview, putting us at 13th. I'm definitely not targetting promotion this season with some far stronger teams in this league, but I'll go one better than our prediction and target a top-half finish.

Results So Far

We've had a pretty solid start to the season with our new tactic, keeping scores far lower than last season. Our two losses came in some tricky games against decent teams, so I'm not too worried. I think we're definitely on track for a solid season

Expected Lineup

Gasparini

Esteves - Puljic - Jonas - Sinkgraven

Ahamada - Theo

Moore - Shoretire - Kluivert

Lankshear

A change in personel sees a change in tactics, with a more conventional 4-2-3-1 replacing our gung-ho 4-2-4. Results already look solid, but we'll see as we progress through the season.

1 hour ago, aldojags said:

@Rainbowzhurts to lose Scarlett, I think the money for the young prospect is a total result though, that money's way more use to you than he would have been.

And the forwards you've brought in are solid, good keeper too, I think you'll be ok without Scarlett!

As long as Lankshear adapts, I should be fine. Losing such a key player so late in the window and having to get an emergency replacement with no time to bed in is really harsh, but we'll make do.

image.png.b0e73e697f1e2191780268af56c5178b.png

Season 2 Report - 2025/26 - NK Roltek Dob (Slovenian Premier League)

League Table | Fixtures 1 & 2

Unbelievable season, where at 1 point we were double digit points behind Olimpija, but following a crazy run of form 2nd half of season, we reeled them back in on time to beat them at their stadium on final day of season, and smash and grab the title on head to head record, I beat them 3 out of 4 fixtures, and this win on the last day of the season was their only loss at home all season! For my 2nd season of the save, with no money and team full of loanees (some of which, from teams in the league below me!) to already be national champions is a bit insane, to the point where I think is the game broken!  

Club Infrastructure

Finances | Supporter Profile | Facilities

We lost a lot of money, wage budget all season was about £6-7k per week, for winning the league we got a wedge of about £400k which helped but it's the usual story of leaking money. We have a capacity of 287, which we sell out every game. There's finally plans for a new stadium, but could be years away yet.

Squad/Manager Review

End of season manager profile | Transfers | Club Vision

Got on a couple of coaching courses so I'm slowly working up the ladder! Club vision for next year is mid table, which is obviously do-able, hopefully I'll be busy with European games, but I reckon I'll get dumped out in qualifiers! Dino Zenkovic was my best player for 2nd year in a row playing off the right wing. I got excited by attracting Delle Alli to the club, but he was a bit of a bust and I lost interest in him fairly early, he'll be getting released in the summer. Daniel Pavlev at right back was fantastic. Has this left back on loan from Mura (in the division below me) and he was brilliant, I'd love to have him back but Mura not interested in loaning him to me, and Mura have won promotion to my division and are looking to give him a run in their team. So odd I won the league with players like this who wouldn't get in the team in a division below, I don't really understand how this has happened, as you've probably gathered...

Youth Intake

Preview | Intake Day | Squad View | Signed Scholars

Another awful intake, not worth showing you anyone, disappointed as the main draw in choosing Dob was they're pre-existing good youth recruitment was really good, but in my 2 seasons here the intakes have been woeful.

Next Season/Future

Losing all the loanees save for a centre half, I am dreadfully short defensively and in DM, I'll need to do a bit of work. I think this title has been a bit flukey so I am going to set expectations quite low and a mid table finish will do me. Board have changed their objectives to wanting to avoid relegation again after winning the league! And season preview has me bottom of the league again!

In Europe, I've drawn Batumi from Georgia in the first qualifying round for Champions League, who if I beat, I have the small task of Shaktar Donetsk in round 2, who will absolutely destroy me. If you offered me getting in the league phase of the conference league right now I'd love that, I just want some prize money in!

Year
League
Position
Cup
Europe
Ave Attendance
Manager Profile
Facilities
Finances
2nd
1st
Semi Final
N/A
1st
1st
QF
N/A

Edited by aldojags

This is the most insane start to a save I've ever had.

In my 3rd season, and my tiny Slovenian club with 10k per week wage budget, has knocked out Dinamo Batumi, Shakhtar, HJK, and Celtic, and I am in the League Phase of the Champions League!!

I cannot understand how this is possible, we have been brilliant and deserved it in every tie. Despite the boost to finances, no option for me to ask for more wage budget or anything but I guess this will come during the season. I'm going to take a real hiding in some of these games I think i'll be lucky to get a point, or even score a goal! But i'll take it!

i think the tactic is huge part of it, nothing revolutionary, its just a really aggressive 4231 with aggressive pressing, shorter passing aiming for 60% possession which i get most games, and work ball into box, and my it gets the best out of my faurly normal looking inverted wingers

i would compare the players and standard mostly to like Vanarama national league or league 2. Which means i should have been annihilated off Shakhtar or Celtic, but to knock both of them out, just strange!

Untitled.jpg.84c4a7d8790582d56ace17dad92dfa02.jpg.3bd1c8c26c22a653e682e9223a8f1863.jpg.f737069d3e50cf8ee666c5252bdc7479.jpg.225e965a97817fdfedee616a2ff4709b.jpg

Started the season in ok form where the team would lose a few, draw a few and win a few and generally occupy mid table. This continued for much of the season even though in many games my team was the better team but a combination of poor defending and profligate attacking along with a need to rotate in poor players meant that i didn't get the results i should have. Ended the season with 7 wins in the last 9 to finish with my highest finish and points total so far.

In the french cup the team played lower league teams in the fifth to eighth rounds comfortably winning. In the ninth rd the team faced Ligue 2 Auxerre at home, in spite of being second best the team drew 1-1 and went on to win on penalties. In the 10th rd the team played Ligue 2 Pau away winning 1-0 and generally being the better team. In the 11th rd National 2 team Niort were the opponents away. In a tight game my team won 2-0.

The quarter-final drew struggling Ligue 1 Reims at home. Although they dominated the ball, the better chances went to Racing and it a disappointment to lose.

Promotion feels possible if the defence and GK can be improved as the team were the top scorers in the league and did well in the cup against higher league opposition.

Finances improved as my policy of selling youth players (most of whom i only signed a year ago) for small fees plus a 50% sell on paid dividends as i cashed in sell on fees of a million pounds this season. The board have agreed to improve the training facilities as a result. I was still disappointed to lose my best youth intake player so far. I also sold Mayulu and loaned him back.

Koffi and Zouogbo were still my best players although a number of other players averaged over 7 in the season.

Season

League

Position

French Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2024/25

National

9th

8th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (16)

Emmanual (9)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

2025/26

National

10th

11th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (19)

Koffi (7)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

2026/27

National

5th

Qtr-final

N/A

Zouogbo (28)

Desvignes (11)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

Edited by Thebaker

2029-30 Austria Salzburg - Battling for Salzburg

Our second place in the league means Champions League qualification. We start off with a solid 6-2 aggregate win against Antwerp.

We face our toughest test yet in the third round. We face Porto. We play well in the first game and get a 1-0 win at home. In the second leg we win again. 1-0. We hit the woodwork 2 times and even though Porto dominated possesion we felt we had things under control.

Next up in the playoff round FC København, a considerably easier opponent than Porto. But then FC København won 3-0 at home with 3 shots on target while we missed opportunity after opportunity.

We felt we were the better team in the first leg, but a 3-0 deficit is hard to erase. But we did. We won 3-0 and trashed the danes 3-0 in extra time to win the game 6-0. We have made the league phase of the CHampions League. That means a solid 12.5 million pounds in the bank. At least!

We sign a bunch of players primarily for backups. Loanee striker Esnaola has been on fire in europe so he might get a starting spot regularly.

After some poor performances in the champions league we suddenly get a 1-1 draw at Giuseppe Meazza. How we did it I don't know. But we were effecient with our chances.

Next up another danish team in FC Midtjylland and once again we send them packing with a huge loss, as we beat them 5-0. It was never close as they could not control target man Breunig who scored 3 goals.

All in all we had a perfect ending to the 2029 calendar year. The aforementioned 5-0 win against FC Midtjylland was followed by a 5-0 trashing of Sturm Graz and another incredible european night with a 5-1 win against Lille. Unfortunately we could not follow up these european games and a couple of losses in the new year to Chelsea and Dortmund sent us out.

At home we once again secured ourselves a spot in the championship group. Both Red Bull and Rapid look good though. We're 4 points down on Red Bull and 3 on Rapid entering the final stretch of the season. We had to sell Romildo but got 4.2 million pounds a month before we would have lost him for free. Let's go hunt that trophy!

Along side the succes in the domestic league and in the Champions League we have managed to reach the cup final. Not surprisingly our opponent in Red Bull. We decide to go offensive and try to steal this one.

Cup final

After being on the backfoot the first 20 minutes we drop back and play on the counter.

32 minutes in Breunig gets the biggest chance yet. He shoots low but Di Gregorio in goal saves it with his right foot.

At the break it's still 0-0, while Red Bull have had the most chances we still feel we are in the game. After we dropped back a bit we feel we have it under control. If lady luck is on our side we'll put away one of out counterattacks while holding the clean sheet.

After 65 minutes it's still 0-0. We have had problems in the second half. The tempo of the game is too high for us and we have too many misplaced passes. We drop back Asp-Jensen to play a 4-1-3-2 and hope we can retain possesion better.

We retain possesion far better with the adjustments and with 10 minutes to go sub Soares have a 1-on-1 for the cup win. Unfortunately the Red Bull keeper once again pulls out a save from the top-drawer.

A couple of minutes later Neumann and Wardrope miscommunicates and Oscar is through. He slots it in. 1-0 and another loss against Red Bull. Soares will feel sorry for this one.

We've has some issues in the league and with 3 games to go things are looking difficult. We're down 6 and 4 points to Red Bull and Rapid. Especially because we have Red Bull away in the final game.

Entering the final matchday we still have a chance to finish second and qualify for the Champions League. We need to win against Red Bull while Rapid have to loose against 5th placed Altach.

What happened then has been described as the best game in Austrian football. We went back and forth with Red Bull. 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, 2-3, 3-3, 3-4, 3-5, 4-5, 4-6, 5-6. 11 total goals and a underdog win. Wow...

In the end it did not matter. Rapid finished the job at Altach and we had to settle for 3rd despite finishing with a club record 43 points and a attacking show against Red Bull

Season Review

Key Players

Edited by Muggert

@Muggertthats great dude sounds like we're at similiar point in the save in terms of CL football for the first time, and the life changing money!

I didnt manage to win a game in the league phase it was all pretty miserable so you've done better than me in that regard! But a good season you're ticking along nicely!

23 hours ago, Muggert said:

@aldojags The trip really helped us financially. My wage budget have more than doubled and I have 17 million in transfer budget this season. Let's hope some of the targets wont have too low minimum fee release clause wishes.

Yeh that's where I'm at, despite being in champions league this year and havin tons of money (relative to my previous budgets) I can't seem to attract someone who doesnt want a release clause for like 200k more than i paid for them! Whats the point in that.

And frustratingly, it's the same quality of player who's interested in coming to me, but now they want like 5 times the wage I would have given them a year ago...frustrating

image.png.2ecdc1eca464d5009a06647b60fbc3b6.png

Season 3 Report - 2026/27 - NK Roltek Dob (Slovenian Premier League) - The Fairytale continues

League Table | Fixtures 1 & 2 | Champions League Table | Champions League Fixtures

Despite winning the top tier at my first time of asking last season, the season preview again had me finishing bottom, and board content with avoiding relegation. As you may remember from my last update, I had an insane run at the end of the season and beat top of the league and reigning champions Olimpija to win the league at their place on the final day of the season. Well history looked to be repeating itself, where whilst we played well, the squad turnover and distraction of champions league prevented us from pulling away from the rest. Olimpija were again hosting us on the last day of the season, 2 pts ahead of us, and like last year, we knew nothing less than a win would win us the title. We duly went on and won 5-0! 2 titles in a row, I've been manager here 3 years and we've won the league each season, loving life! The end of the season was nuts though with top spot changing every week for about 5 weeks, both of us a bit inconsistent! But our stats speak for themselves, I felt we fluked it last year a wee bit but I feel we deserved it this year.

1 week after hammering them 5-0 to win the league we played Olimpija again in the cup final. We no-showed and got beat, but I wasn't too upset after the league winning match, we won the most important one!

Our European run was unbelievable in terms of we made the league phase, knocking out giants in Shahktar and Celtic en route. In our 8 fixtures we were mostly poor, although managed 3 draws, and in terms of those games, felt we should have beat Ajax and Dinamo. But bottom of the league it was, but we were listed as biggest overachievers as at the start of the campaign our wage bill was £10k per week, we had no business getting into it!

Club Infrastructure

Finances Supporter Profile | Facilities

The money I got from Champions League has been great, have upgraded youth and training facilities once each, and both of them are in process again of being upgraded. Also announced the plans for our new stadium we'll be in in 2 years. 4k is not much to brag about but our current stadium holds 289, we had to play our champions league elsewhere.

I'm in the Slovenian hall of fame, what an achievement....

Squad/Manager Review

End of season manager profile | Transfers Club Vision

Board want Europa Conference league next year, which is 4th. I want top 2, Olimpija are not going away, and still have the better squad, but we've stung them twice on last day of season now 2 years in a row so no reason we can't expect to challenge for 3 in a row. Miha Lai was the star signing, £75k for this 18 year old, and he was unbelievable. Unfortunately has a £375k release clause which he refuses to remove from his contract, so I could have my heart broken very soon! Bianco was a very good signing in the DM DLP role. Player of the year was Tomovic in the AM role, he was great. Another Italian Quani was great (we have tons of Italians - Slovenia has a border with Italy so Serie B/C is where we do most our shopping!

Won manager of the season.

Youth Intake

Preview Intake Day | Squad View

The lowlight of the save so far, all 3 intakes god awful, and for the first time in any save ever that i can remember, i didn't sign a single prospect, not one! I have on paper a great looking HOYD, with extensive recruitment. Some of the players the other clubs are churning out are so much better in comparison, I maybe just need to wait for my reputation to catch up a wee bit.

Next Season/Future

First aim is to get champions league league phase again. In a random bit of draw fortune, we've drawn HJK in first round (who we knocked out last year) and if we in that we're likely to get Shahktar (who we also knocked out last year). Still think on paper Shahktar should be too good for us, but I'll be going for the win! Even a Europa league/conference league appearance would be fine as we could maybe win some games then and boost our rep a wee bit, the champions league is just too difficult for us right now.

Recruitment is hard, yeh we have more money, but we don't have the best players lining up round the corner to want to play for a team with a ground of under 300 in Slovenia! So it's all Serie B/C type players or lower end Serbian/Croatian league players who're happy to come here. Until I get that reputation up I think i'll be stuck in this predicament!

Year
League
Position
Cup
Europe
Ave Attendance
Manager Profile
Facilities
Finances
2nd
1st
Semi Final
N/A
1st
1st
QF
N/A
1st
1st
Runners up
Champions League League Phase

Edited by aldojags

17 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@aldojags good season. I am surprised the youth players are so bad, slovenia can produce some good youth players. What is your rep compared to other teams?

we have just moved to 2.5 star, but still listed as 7th as per below, this is despite 2 titles in a row and appearing in champions league league phase last year, hopefully another season or 2 of being the best team in Slovenia I'll tick over to 3 star n maybe start getting some decent youngsters!

The domestic league has 9 subs, but like 8 of the 19 players in match day squad have to be slovenian home grown, and 1 of the starting 11 has to be u21 Slovenian, so it's going to be a challenge if I'm not able to bring through my own players to satisfy the domestic squad rules. I'm just packed full of Italians at this point!

8 hours ago, aldojags said:

we have just moved to 2.5 star, but still listed as 7th as per below, this is despite 2 titles in a row and appearing in champions league league phase last year, hopefully another season or 2 of being the best team in Slovenia I'll tick over to 3 star n maybe start getting some decent youngsters!

The domestic league has 9 subs, but like 8 of the 19 players in match day squad have to be slovenian home grown, and 1 of the starting 11 has to be u21 Slovenian, so it's going to be a challenge if I'm not able to bring through my own players to satisfy the domestic squad rules. I'm just packed full of Italians at this point!

hoover up the slovenian international u21's from the other teams if you have the money.

Untitled.jpg.84c4a7d8790582d56ace17dad92dfa02.jpg.3bd1c8c26c22a653e682e9223a8f1863.jpg.f737069d3e50cf8ee666c5252bdc7479.jpg.225e965a97817fdfedee616a2ff4709b.jpg.3a36a4683293cccbf37fc3fbd2ecfe64.jpg

2027/28

Started the season in great form winning 7 of the first 9 games. Stumbled a little after this during which time Dijon went away at the top. The indifferent form continued to the end of the season, the team finished 3rd only due to the poor form of many of the teams below who seemed incapable of seizing the oppurtunity. In the playoff matches against Chateauroux the team won 3-2 at home in the first leg and properly should have had more. In the 2nd leg away my team were completely dominated with an xG of 3.18 to 0.46. In spite of this the match ended 1-1 and Racing was promoted to Ligue 2.

In the french cup the team beat lower league opposition in the 5th rd before facing National 2 team Beauvuis in the 6th rd at home. The match ended 0-0 before my team sneaked through on penalties. The 7th and 8th were again comfortable wins against much lower teams. In the 9th rd the team were at home to Ligue 1 Lille and were easily beaten 0-3.

Finances dropped a lot this season although the club did improve the training facilities, the club also turned pro after promotion. Sold Tsougoutzidis for far less than i wanted but he wanted out and was not in great form, i'm hoping a sell on will generate a lot of money.

Had my best youth intake so far with this player nearly as good as my starting RB already.

Zouogbo and Koffi were again the standout players, Zouogbo was the league top scorer. Tsukamoto was brought in to improve the midfield and did a decent job but is such a dirty player he seems on the point of being sent off in most games.

Season

League

Position

French Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2024/25

National

9th

8th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (16)

Emmanual (9)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

2025/26

National

10th

11th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (19)

Koffi (7)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

2026/27

National

5th

Qtr-final

N/A

Zouogbo (28)

Desvignes (11)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

2027/28

National

3rd

9th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (27)

Koffi (12)

Adequate

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

Promoted

2030-31 - Austria Salzburg - Hunting the bull

With our recent rise up the ranks our reputation has grown as well. In ther summer break we revamp our backroom staff and bring in German Head of youth Development Mirko Sandmöller. He's previously been with Holstein Kiel. A team he helped become a Bundesliga regular. At the Director of Football position we hire spaniard Alfred Merino.

With the staff taken care of the focus switched to our player squad. The last couple of years we've just finished our squad on deadline day, or a couple of days before. This year, with a larger budget we feel like we've put the final touches on our squad well before the season kicks on. We've set up a good scouting newtork in South America and sign some promising youngsters. We believe DMC Rolon, AMC Rolon Martinez will become starters while the rest of the guys will battle for a starting position.

As the season starts it's the usual suspects in the top of the table. Red Bull and Rapid look strong. But we might have the pieces this year and top the table after 4 games.

We qualify for the League phase of the Europa League despite not playing well. Genk is defeated 6-5 on aggregate. MC Caroca has been our standout player so far.

This season feels special. While we're subpar in europe we are playing well domesticly. Red Bull are defeated 2-1 by two goals by ST Thery in stoppage time at home. The scenes it caused. The last goal 4 minutes into stoppage time was a beautiful lob over the keeper.

We are at the top of the league going into the winter break. We are playing above all expectations. After 17 games we are 1 point in front of Red Bull, with a game in hand. Our great play have resulted in individual succes as DL Martin is awarded with the footballer of the year award in Austrian football. Impressive since he's only had 4 goal contributions in 25 matches.

We get knocked out of the Europa League by Nice. And this time it wasn't even close. The focus on the league was evident as the reserves was well beaten, 4-2 on aggregate.

Being in all competitions means the fixture congestion in the spring is pretty rough. 3 games in 4 days against Altach, Rapid and LASK could see us loose the lead in the league.

We respond magnifecently and win all three games. Our nearest rivals run into trouble and we finish of the first phase with 5 wins and a solid lead. Is this our year?

But then it went downhill fast we collapse against Rapid 5-2 at home. Followed up by only 1 win in the next 5 games. One of the losses a 3-2 extra time defeat in the cup against Red Bull. The release clause sale of DC Wardrope have hit us hard. We are leaking goals!

We continue with 2 wins and 2 losses in the next 4 games. We enter the final game in second. Red Bull have won the championship. We are at home against the newly crowned champions. Sturm Graz in 3rd will move past us if the get more points than us. Once again we show a horrible display of football and loose 2-0. Then a coach come in yelling. Sobhi has scored the gamewinner with 3 minutes left against Sturm. They've come back form 2-0 behind to win it 3-2.... We're 2nd!

For the first time we've regressed points wise. We have 3 key signings ready, and have 2 more coming soon. While we have had succes with our assymetrical and narrow systems the guys coming in will give us more flexibility formation wise. Our main focus are finding a new keeper, as Matrantonio are off to Sturm... Traitor..

Season Review

Key Players

Norderstedt January Window Review

Normally I don't do posts for January windows, but this one has been particularly hectic, so I thought it was needed.

Transfers Out

CM | Aimé Tendeng (£100k)

Tendeng is a long-time member of our squad, but like many others was quickly surpassed. Unlike others however, Tendeng was a highly influential player and kept kicking up a fuss and tanking my morale. After more than a few incedents, I was happy to be rid of him. A shame how his career with us ended, but I'm glad to maintain the happiness of my squad.

RW | Mattia Mosconi (£1m)

Mosconi never really developed into the player I'd hoped he'd be, and better options kept overtaking him in the pecking order. When a £1m bid came in, I couldn't turn it down. He's a decent player, but not one we'll miss too badly.

ST| Fernando Silva (£3.9m)

****. MY. BOARD. Silva had a lot of interest this transfer window and I was hasty in rejecting every offer. Then RB Leipzig offer a dumb deal worth £11m in unachievable addons and my board go nuts and accept immediately, not listening to my protests. Silva was developing at an insane rate and was ready to step up to being my #1 striker next season, but now he's gone for a measly few million and some addons which we'll likely never see. Worse, I accepted another offer from Benfica for £11m outright and he chose Leipzig's insulting offer instead. My luck with my board has been horrid, with two top strikers sold in two seasons. I'm enjoying this save too much to quit, but it's a massive blow to my personal morale. Still, life goes on and we have to do our best to continue.

Transfers In

My squad once again mutinied about a lack of depth up front, and not wanting to tank our amazing form, I caved and loaned in 3 attackers to sate their lust for a bloated squad.

LB | Ali Diarra (£1.5m)

Left-back has been a trouble area for us for a while, so Diarra comes in to finally solve that. There's a lot to like about him, especially his ability going forward. He's a complete wing back with room to develop too. £1.5m is a lot for us, but I'm confident he'll come good on that fee.

CM | Charlie Patino (Free)

What a signing! I wanted Patino ever since I saw Arsenal release him, but his wage demands were astronomical. After a few weeks however, his demands dropped rapidly and I pounced to sign him. He's excellent for this level and I think everyone knows the potential he has. An absolute no-brainer of a signing who levels up our midfield.

ST | Alfredo Castillo (Free)

Found through my South American scouting, Castillo looks a decent prospect for the future, and someone who can develop in our II team. He'll likely never be a top player, but on a free, he's definitely someone we can improve before moving on for a profit.

ST | Mohammed Mansour (Free)

Similar to Castillo, Mansour is brought in to strengthen our II squad and potentially develop. On a free, there's no risk of this turning bad and he definitely has potential to fill. He's definitely someone I'm confident about turning a profit on in the future.

ST | Daniel (£2.9m)

With the infuriating loss of Silva and Lankshear being incredibly inconsistent, I needed to bring in another striker with potential quick. Enter Daniel. I'd had him scouted for a while, but couldn't meet Sao Paolo's demands. With recent developments though, I made the plunge. At almost £3m, he's our most expensive purchase by far and has a lot to live up to, hopefully he can deliver on his undoubted potential.

ST | Paco Esteban (Loan)

With Lankshear being a pretty inconsistent striker, I wanted another option up top in case he went through a dry spell. Enter Esteban. He's got some incredible stats for a striker, and looks quite well-rounded. Hopefully he can pick up any slack Lankshear and Daniel leave and keep our momentum going this season.

@ThebakerWell done on Promotion - I like the young right back Gerrard, it's strange Tsukomoto, he only has aggression 12 and doesn't have "dives into tackles" which are the 2 main reasons I notice people get sent off, he's 5'5 and quite lightweight he's an odd profile of player!!

@Muggertthat's a common problem in saves of mine, sometimes a small step back but it's usually followed by a league win, got some good players there and just a poor run cost you, hopefully a title not far away!

@Rainbowzyeh the board AI with "tempting offers" is infuriating, losing players for peanuts, they need to fix that. I think the new signings particurly Patino & the young Brazilian striker, he's only 19 as well so imagine him in 2-5 years!

image.png.d3d3cb897624c7322eb6f608c863607a.png

Season 4 Report - 2027/28 - NK Roltek Dob - Slovenian Premier League

League Table | Domestic Fixtures 1 & 2 | European Fixtures | Conference League Table

Another great season, continued our streak of winning the league every season of the save, and this season wasn't really a contest, we pulled away early and no-one really got close to us all season. These stats back up our total domination of the league this year.

We also won the Slovenian Cup for the first time, in a remarkable final that we fell behind after 4 minutes...then went on to win 9-1!  Also of note domestically - Maribor finished bottom and got relegated! The Slovenian premier league is not bad, player quality wise I'd put it on par with probably top end League 1 in England, there are plenty of good players in all the teams, I've got them all scouted and most teams have a few players I'd gladly take, but Maribor finishing bottom is madness considering it wasn't so long ago they dominated the league. They still comfortably have the 2nd biggest wage budget in the league, so they better get up next season otherwise they could be ruined financially. 

Europe, decent on paper, but overall disappointed. Last year, with a much inferior squad, we somehow made it to Champions League League Phase, whereas this year we put up a feeble display to HJK in first round qualifying and got knocked into Europa Conference qualifiers. We destroyed everyone en route to the League Phase, we finished near the top, only losing to Atalanta in 92nd minute, and qualifying for last 16. We got PTM (?Portimenense) from Portugal in the last 16, won both matches 2-1, then it was Wolfsburg in the quarters, who we drew with in the League Phase. We beat them 2-1 at our place, but lost 3-1 away, so eliminated in the quarters, but no disgrace. Rapid Vienna ended up winning it, on another season I felt we could have won it, hopefully we never play in it again. Anyways our exploits has seen us the most improved ranked club in Europe, and our national co-efficient has jumped a bit, but it only means that from next season, we skip the first qualifier in the Champions League. Still got some work to do before i can get Slovenia an automatic group place for winning the league, I reckon I'll need a few solid Champions League runs to get that.

Club Infrastructure

Finances Supporter Profile | Facilities

Money's been dwindling all season from last seasons Champions League prize money - spent a few quid on players, and have upgraded training and youth facilities a few times, and I have a way more expensive squad/staff than I did last year, Also ridiculously, our home stadium only holds 289 people! We move into a 4k seater stadium in a year. Otherwise I'm pleased with how the place is coming together, we're properly on the rise.

Club president looking to move aside/sell up...please be a tycoon, please be a tycoon! No movement on this yet but I still get the odd news item about it so I expect something will happen soon.

Squad/Manager Review

End of season manager profile | Transfers Club Vision

Currently studying for my continental pro license then I'll have every qualification.  Got offered job interview with Cagliari, who'd just been relegated from Serie A, if it'd been a journeyman save I reckon i'd have taken it, that would have been a cool project to bring them back into  top league, but I'm with Dob for the long haul! I'm now an icon of the club.

Club next year for the first time want the league title, which they haven't asked for before. Which makes me nervous a bit! I prefer to set expectations low then rise above them! There's still a couple of clubs who outspend me in wages too, Olimijia have changed their manager now that they've fallen so far behind.

Signed a few players, mainly from Slovenia this year after last years raid on Italy. The Slovenian league needs a matchday squad of 8 players trained in Slovenia in the matchday squad of 19, so it's good way of them boosting the domestic players you use. You also need a Slovenian u21 player starting in every match.

A look at my starting 11 and some of the other main squad players.

GK - signed this young keeper Mbengue, looks decent, with good potential. Also in goals Mihelak got a lot of time this year, I really like him.

RB - Ghezzi - signed this Italian right winger and I converted him to RB - he was fantastic, and won the player of the year for Slovenia. Candela is another good right back I have.

CB - Oriheula - signed in the summer, and was fantastic. Lipuscek was another summer signing who was solid, his age means he probably wont last another couple of years with us, but he's good enough to stroll the Slovenian league. Europe he may be too slow.

LB - Milic- Slovenian international I signed in the summer, he was great. Alin Kumar is a good back up option, also signed this year, to bolster my Slovenian players to keep up with matchday home grown obligations.

DM - Bianco - solid DM/DLP. Vukamanovic plays alongside him and pulls the strings. 

AM - Tomovic - the player of the save so far, plays in the number 10 role, was amazing last year, and this year. Shows up in the big games, scores big goals for us, love him! Will break my heart when we outgrow him!

AMR - Lah - most dangerous player in our team cutting in off the right wing. Signed him 18 months ago and he's been amazing although struggled with injury this year. If he could only finish, he could be a star in Europe, but he misses an awful lot of chances. But he's still automatic pick for me, and won his first 2 Slovenian caps this year.

AML - Manzari - reliable option off the left wing cutting onto his right foot, I like him a lot. Not one I expect still to be here in a few years as I hope we outgrow him, but he's a good player for the level we're at.

Striker - Jovicevic was a summer signing, and I couldn't decide between him or Boncina as to who was my best striker all year, I rotated them a lot. I think Jovicevic will be my guy next year he hit a bit of form end of the season and just looks better to me in the match engine.

Youth Intake

Preview Intake Day Squad View

Continued disappointment despite my very well qualified HOYD, and extensive recruitment. I've had 1 player through in 4 years that I use - Bojan Kranjc, a limited, but determined DM. But I've not had 1 elite player in 4 intakes. Despite the intake day saying I only had 1 top talent, when I signed them all, I wound up with 4 top talents in the scholar message that comes through. I don't think any of them will amount to anything.

Don't get it, the league is full of really talented Slovenians at the likes of Maribor, Domzale, Olimpijia, they all have players I've bid for, but for some reason I'm not producing the quality players yet. I'd love a home grown Slovenian core making up the national team then maybe I take over the Slovenia job one day. I'm guessing with my crap stadium etc that maybe I don't have the reputation yet. I'm going to give this HOYD another year at it then he's getting canned if I get served this rubbish again! I now have the 2nd biggest reputation in Slovenia however so I am hoping for improvement soon.

Next Season/Future

As said above, board want the league, which should be straight forward enough given how easy it was this year, right!?

But by far, the priority is getting back into Champions League Group phase and trying to win a few games. We're not really a champions league calibre team but since when did that matter!

I have these 3 additions to the squad, all of whom will be starters for me I reckon - Vlcek from Roma, De Cunha from FCSM, and Perc from Domzale.

Year
Tier
Position
Cup
Europe
Ave Attendance
Manager Profile
Facilities
Finances
2nd
1st
Semi Final
N/A
1st
1st
QF
N/A
1st
1st
Runners up
Champions League League Phase
2027/28 1st 1st Winner Europa Conference QF 287 Profile Facilities Finances

Edited by aldojags

Season Review 2027-28

Squad | Tactic | Table | Finances

Season Summary

Results: Sept-Dec | Jan-May

We had a comfortable season barring a shaky start, though we were never really close to threatening for promotion. Still, we progressed on last season and hopefully we can keep that going.

Key Players

#1 - Charlie Patino

No real surprise here, Patino is our best player by far and it shows on the pitch. He ties the midfield together and has been key to our success. My only hope is he doesn't attract too much attention, he'd be an extremely hard player to replace.

#2 - Manuel Gasparini

We seem to have a thing for good keepers in this save, and Gasparini continues the trend. He's been excellent between the sticks and a big reason for some of our wins. Hopefully we've found our long-term solution in the goalkeeping spot.

#3 - Shola Shoretire

Another non-surprising top player. With our striker situation being pretty unsure, Shoretire stepped up and provided some big goals from the CAM position. He's another player I'm scared about losing, especially with his release clause, but hopefully we can keep him around.

Next Season's Thoughts

I'm in a tricky spot with Norderstedt. I always have ambitious signings in mind, but given our low reputation, weaker squad and lack of finances, we're always fighting a losing battle in negotations. Plus, my board seems hell-bent on selling my best players to pay off our stadium debt. I'm worried we'll be stuck in 2. Bundesliga purgatory for a while just as I stabilize the club and amass a team ready for promotion without worry of interference. I feel all I need is one good transfer window, but it's unclear where that's coming from at the moment.

2031-32 Austria Salzburg - Refining our football culture

So... How do we make sure last seasons collapse doesn't happen again? We bring in a couple of young stars and refine our definition of football. While last seasons 81 league goals were great our 51 goals conceded was a disaster.

We go from a 4-4-2 narrow diamond and switch to a 4-1-4-1 Assymetric system. This will fit our exciting signings DR Silva and ML Gonzales, and hopefully stabilize our defense and still be pretty effective offensively.

While the preseason looked good we come back to earth as we loose our first wualifier for the champions league 2-3 at home against Fenerbache. We trust our new system despite the critics. In the second leg we absolutely crush Fenerbache in Turkey. 7-1!

We go on to meet Marseille. We are a good sub-top team and against good opponents we are struggling. The french team are one of those teams. We loose 6-3 on aggregate, but play two good games. Things are looking pretty decent.

We enter the Europa League group phase and we win our first game in Glasgow against Rangers 2-0 and meet Dynamo Kyiv at home in the first home game in the league phase. Leo Thery plays a great game and we end up winning 8-1. We really are firing on all cylinders.

The hype around the team is real, and I once again get offers from some teams in the bug leagues. Lazio and Wolfsburg are approaching me, but once again I reject. Mein hertz ist komplett violet.

Our league phase in the Europa League gives us 5 wins against Kyiv, PSV, Rangers, Frankfurt and Domzale and we loose against Nice, Wolves and Fiorentina.

We meet Hoffenheim in the playoff round. We dominate both legs, but even though we deserve more we get knocket out. 3-1 on aggregate.

Our european form have had no impact on our domestic play. While rotating heavily we've gone one to record a record-breaking 8 points in the preliminary phase. ore importantly both Rapid and Red Bull are struggling and we go into the championship group with a 4 point lead on Rapid and 8 points on Red Bull.

This is ours to loose.

We knock out Red Bull in the ÖFB Cup. We are in a brilliant condition to win our first trophy. Then we play our cup semifinal game against SV Horn.... And loose on penalties after 2-2 in regulation. We dominated every category, possesion 54 to 46, shots 27 to 4 and xG 3,38 to 0,32. This loss will hit the morale hard.

Midway through the season a couple of our players are recognized as new signings DR SIlva and ML Gonzalez finish 2nd and 3rd in the NXGN award. They are gonna be superstars. Unfortunately. Like most of our players they have release clauses that we can't get rid of.

We enter the final 5 games with a lead of 5 points to Rapid and 7 to Red Bull. We have Rapid at home in the final game. This could become the title decider. Hopefully we've won the trophy before this game.

With 2 games to go we have a 6 point lead and head to Austria Wienna. We win 1-0 in a nervous game we are champions of Austria. 35 years since our last win. We got bought out and had to start off fresh. We dethroned Red Bull Salzburg! 18 championships in a row and now stopped by another Salzburg team. We end up winning the final game against Rapid and win by a solid 9 points... Wow...

Season review

Key Players

I'm not hopeful... I've tried for the past year. Fortunately I'll get a healthy profit on all of them, but still... 13 million for the 2nd or 3rd in the NXGN voting is pretty cheap. 

Especially Gonzalez is a monster. I dont think I've ever had a guy get 25 assists in a season.

Season Preview 2028-29

We had a strong finish last season, and now it's about building and aiming towards the top end of the table. How did we fair in pre-season?

Transfers Out

Prepare yourself, this is our biggest window for outs yet.

Bergersen, Mansour, Monsheju, Porvaldsson, Nascimento, Perez and probably most importantly Daniel all go out on loan for gametime.

CB | Noel Atom (£300k)

A pretty easy sale to make, Atom just wasn't at the level of the rest of our squad anymore, and getting any money for him is a bonus. He was a solid rotation option in the past, but we've moved on and has Atom.

CB | Cristian Ruiz (£20.5m)

Another wonderkid lost, but this time due to me, not my board. I absolutely love Ruiz and think the sky is the limit for him, but £20m is insane money for us, solving all of our debt issues and giving me a healthy transfer budget. Plus, CB is the position I feel we're the strongest in, so this move makes sense. Maybe we'll regret it long-term if Ruiz becomes the world's best defender, especially seeing as his value has rocketed, but short-term, I think I'm making the right call.

CB | Bacari Balde (£7m)

My II team is being raided! Balde was highly rated by my coaches and seemed to have a lot of potential, but his CA is obviously really low and it'd take a lot of reaching, something I doubt he'll do at a club like Leipzig. £7m is too good to turn down, and like a lot of these deals, I could regret it, but considering he was a free transfer, this is nothing but profit.

CM | Theo (£1m)

I liked Theo, but he never seemed to put in the performances you'd expect from his stats, so when he started rocking the boat about a new contract, I knew it was time to cash in. He's a solid midfielder and will be missed, but the money gives us more room in the transfer window which is what we need right now.

ST | Karim Hassouni (£1.6m)

Another youth prospect lost to the board's eagerness to pay off debts. I never had the highest hopes for Hassouni, so getting a decent fee is a positive, but it's getting a worrying trend that the board has sold so many of my players without my input. The sooner we clear our stadium debt, the better.

ST | Khayon Edwards (Free)

Normally I don't mention players I've released, but this one is particularly sad. Edwards carried this team at the beginning and is a huge reason we were successful. Sadly, his form dropped and never picked back up, and became a huge thorn in my side. He was constantly stirring up issues and, being a highly influential player, would turn the squad against me. In the end, he wanted almost £10k a week to stay, which I thought was ludicrous so I cut him loose. I'll always be thankful for his contributions early on, but it stings that his time with us ended so sourly.

Transfers In

With a record-breaking transfer window income, I had plenty of money to invest, but how did I go about spending?

GK | Emmanuel Jonathan (Free)

The latest backup keeper to join, Jonathan looks a good prospect and can provide strong cover for Gasparini and Hornicek. My scouts and coaches seem to really like his potential, so he'll definitely be one to keep a close eye on.

CB | Li Jiayu (£500k)

With Ruiz leaving, I wanted another promising CB who could potentially start for us, and with 6 months remaining on his contract, Jiayu was that guy. He's already an excellent defender at 20, and has room to get even better. Considering the massive fee we sold Ruiz for, bringing in his equally promising replacement for a fraction of that feels like excellent business.

LB | Mauricio (£2.2m)

I thought we were a little light at left-back and Diarra's performances last season were rather mixed, so Mauricio arrives to add some depth. Originally a CAM, I think his abilities are better suited to playing as a full-back. With plenty of ability and potential, I think he's going to be a quality player for us.

CM | Cher Ndour (Free)

What a massive signing! Ndour is clearly a top, top player for this division, as also seen in the frankly insane contract I had to give him. He's insanely well-rounded and can do anything on the pitch, pretty much mirroring Patino who I expect him to boss the pitch with. I'm incredibly excited to see how Ndour does, and think this will be an incredible signing.

RW | Tim Attale (Free)

Another Arsenal prospect, Attale adds some depth and youth to our wide position. He's already got some standout attributes and my staff seem to think he has a lot of room to grow. On a free, I have no worries about this signing and I'll be watching his growth closely.

LW | Tim Wartinger (£700k)

Another player I'd tracked for a while, Wartinger looks to nail down a tricky winger spot I'd struggled to fill effectively. He looks incredible for his age, with a lot of standout stats, though my coaches don't believe he has much potential. He comes with a lot of low £3-4m release clauses, but he'll offer an immediate impact and at £700k, I couldn't say no.

ST | Patson Daka (Free)

If this isn't a statement signing, I don't know what is. I'd been tracking Daka for a while waiting for his demands to drop, and although he's still extremely well paid by our standards, I couldn't pass him up. Everyone knows how good Daka is, and I think he's the solution to last season's striker woes. He's a huge upgrade and if we create the chances, he's guaranteed goals. I'm excited to see how he does for us.

ST | Hussain Azim (Free)

A wonderkid from the Maldives!? I found this guy through sifting through national teams looking for young players, and surprisingly my scouts love him. He looks surprisingly good given his country of origin, but obviously has a lot of growing to do before he's ready for us. I really want this guy to succeed, as I love having quality players from obscure nations. Time will tell if he's got what it takes.

ST | Juan Carlos Castro (£1.7m)

It never hurts to have too many attacking options, right? Castro looks an insane star, with some incredible attacking stats at his young age. 17 finishing and 16 first touch make him one of the most lethal strikers in the league. He's a little on the slow side, but he's young and has plenty of time to grow. I think we could have a real star on our hands, and a strong option if Daka doesn't have the impact I expect.

Season Preview

We're predicted 7th with pretty good odds, a fair reflection on how we've strengthened. There are some very strong teams in this division though, so it'll be an interesting season to say the least.

Results So Far

We are top of the league! After an (almost) perfect pre-season, we've transferred that form into the league, going unbeaten in our first 7 matches, including against 2 of the 3 relegated Bundesliga clubs. Could this be the season we've been waiting for?

Expected Lineup

Gasparini

Ferreira - Triantis - Jonas - Diarra

Ndour - Patino

Moore - Shoretire - Wartinger

Daka

I really think I've managed to build something special here. We've got ability across the pitch and potential to boot. Our depth isn't too bad either, so I think as long as we avoid any injury crisises, we'll be fine. I'm really interested to see how far this team could go. My only worry is the beefy, cause-ridden contracts I've had to give some of our top signings. We've set ourselves up as potential promotion contenders, and I think we have to fulfil that sooner rather than later to keep our best players and continue to progress.

Untitled.jpg.84c4a7d8790582d56ace17dad92dfa02.jpg.3bd1c8c26c22a653e682e9223a8f1863.jpg.f737069d3e50c-817fdfedee616a2ff4709b.jpg.3a36a4683293cccbf37fc3fbd2ecfe64.jpg.52351138be5a65cc92ac468bf22c3c26.jpg

2028/29

Started the season with 4 draws in the first 5 matches which could have gone either way. After that the team kept picking up the odd win along with a few draws to always remain just out of the relegation picture. The team ended the season poorly with the defence conceeding loads of goals and sliding down the league.

The french cup was relatively unsuccessful this year as the team drew 2-2 away to Ligue 2 Rodez before winning on penalties in the 7th rd. In the 8th rd the team drew 1-1 away to national 2 Drancy before again winning on penalties which is suprising as i have no decent penalty takers (the best is only 6 in penalties). In the 9th rd the teams luck ran out with the team at home to Ligue 2 Metz who dominated the match to win 1-4.

Finances increased hugely as Ligue 2 has a lot of TV money (about 4.5 million), i persuased the board to improve the youth facilities along with the youth recruitment during the season and the training facilities at the end of the season.

With the squad being quite young player performance was mixed, Zouogbo was the top scorer without really being great and the step up might be too much. Vailant was a cheap buy and showed signs of becoming a top player. Bouklouche was my record purchase.

Several long time players were moved on including Emmanual (176 apps, 45 goals) and Djedje (119 apps, 16 goals)

Season

League

Position

French Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2024/25

National

9th

8th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (16)

Emmanual (9)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

2025/26

National

10th

11th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (19)

Koffi (7)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

2026/27

National

5th

Qtr-final

N/A

Zouogbo (28)

Desvignes (11)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

2027/28

National

3rd

9th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (27)

Koffi (12)

Adequate

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

Promoted

2028/29

Ligue 2

13th

9th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (11)

Vailiant(7)

Adequate

Below Average

Average

Average

Edited by Thebaker

• 2 weeks later...

Untitled.jpg.84c4a7d8790582d56ace17dad92dfa02.jpg.3bd1c8c26c22a653e682e9223a8f1863.jpg.f737069d3e50c-93cccbf37fc3fbd2ecfe64.jpg.52351138be5a65cc92ac468bf22c3c26.jpg.ad792dedf0b5b9bad543f33411990704.jpg

2029/30

Started the season with 4 straight heavy defeats before turning it around in style by only losing 1 game in the next 12 to get up into the playoff positions. Thereafter the league stuttered as the team needed to be rotated a lot due to the numbers of games and fell away from the top teams. Ended the season badely again with just 4 points from the last seven games to finish midtable.

In the french cup the team beat a lower league 10-0 in the seventh Rd before winning 6-1 against National 2 Chambly in the eighth rd. In the 9th Rd the team were away to Ligue 1 Lens and matched them to win on penalties after a 3-3 draw. In the tenth rd the team were away again, this time to National Bastia. In spite of just shading it the team needed penalties to win after a 2-2 draw. In the 11th rd the team were at home to high flying Ligue 1 side Monaco winning 4-2.

This resulted in a home tie in the quarter final to Ligue 1 Bordeaux, a tight match ended in a 2-2 draw and another win on penalties (i actually have no decent penalty takers with my best player just 6 for penalties). The run finally came to an end in the semi final where the opponents were Ligue 2 Angers, a 0-1 loss away was properly flattering to the team.

Finances continue to improve even with some higher wage costs. Training facilities and youth recruitment were improved.

Several long time players were moved on including Diop (141 apps, 4 goals), Rotsen (202 apps, 2 goals) , Desvignes (158 apps, 15 goals) and Agro (118 apps).

Youth product Gerard has established himself as first choice RB even if he is the shortest player i have ever seen.

Dembo and Mustafic made a really effective front pairing with Vailant providing the assists, Vailant decided at the start of the season to move on which will be a big loss.

Lefevre came in as a squad option but has quickly become first choice and the defence looked more solid as a result.

Season

League

Position

French Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2024/25

National

9th

8th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (16)

Emmanual (9)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

2025/26

National

10th

11th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (19)

Koffi (7)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

2026/27

National

5th

Qtr-final

N/A

Zouogbo (28)

Desvignes (11)

Below Average

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

2027/28

National

3rd

9th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (27)

Koffi (12)

Adequate

Basic

Average

Fairly Basic

Promoted

2028/29

Ligue 2

13th

9th Rd

N/A

Zouogbo (11)

Vailiant(7)

Adequate

Below Average

Average

Average

2029/30

Ligue 2

9th

Semi-final

N/A

Kembo (22)

Vailiant(14)

Average

Below Average

Average

Above Average

Edited by Thebaker

I have been horrible on updating on here which I will catch up on soon hopefully. Into season 4 in Poland and just had this crazy match. First time trying to qualify for European comp. All square after the first leg and didnt expect this result on the road in leg 2. Especially when I started subbing guys at 60 minutes as we werent even getting shots and have a league match in 3 days. Up next Fiorentina.

*Had to come back and do a quick edit because we decided to do it again. Draw in the first leg. Go down 2 in the 2nd leg. Comeback with 90th minute to draw and win in pens lol. Just tripled my bankroll in one match. 

image.png.839638966813f7c95dbc62da843c3242.pngimage.png.938b6a82f937c5db94d1586683c797a8.png

Edited by GoalieManPat121

Solid season @Thebaker the young right back looks great but yeh I have never seen a player 5'2 in football manager or real life!! good age to a lot of your key players as well. Hopefully not too long before Ligue 1

@GoalieManPat121well done on the european qualification, thats where these saves take off when you can get some good cash and boost your reputation. That Zurich game was crazy

10 hours ago, aldojags said:

Solid season @Thebaker the young right back looks great but yeh I have never seen a player 5'2 in football manager or real life!! good age to a lot of your key players as well. Hopefully not too long before Ligue 1

I'm well into the next season and looking good for the playoffs so hopefully not long, even though almost none of my squad is rated good enough for the league i'm in!