[FM24] Nordic Countries Thread

Vladis

file-20180730-106521-1yk96xp.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&rect=0,202,3006,1500&q=45&auto=format&w=1356&h=668&fit=crop

9uwoadj.png

Welcome to the one of the most "atmospheric" FM region. Beautiful and unique places, cosy stadiums, ambitious clubs and great number of local talents. Could you build new European powerhouse on the land of Vikings?

In previous FM editions I had some fun with FC Nordsjælland (FM21), Valerenga (FM14). This time I`m going to start with one of the most progressive Scandinavian clubs of last years - FC Midtjylland. Aim is to become "best of the rest" in Europe with strong emphasis on Nordic talents. Widespread network of affiliated clubs with elite youth recruitment should help me with this goal.

Brilliant thread idea, one of my main FM24 saves this year will be trying to get Rosenborg back to their late 90's - early 00's domination, they've not won the league since 2018.

Hope this thread kicks off and sees some action. 

I went with Helsingborgs IF. Fallen giants and stuck in the second division. A bit of a jo-jo team. 

Running a pretty basic tactic atm with little TI's. They really lack a good striker and still haven't been able to find a striker on the free agents market.

They do have some good players, but annoyingly they don't have any money either. 

image.png.22d496de783a989dbac8bf8851e7d3ab.png

Helsingborgs IF, April 2023

Moving in the first month, we made two singings. Eremenko and recently Coulibaly. Both way to good for our league and as free transfers, but I'm not complaining.  

image.png.3c4a8a3866b8bf12aae6ae4e8c987707.png

image.png.810c5ed10f179f7ba17ba5b333c25497.png

Early form

The best thing is that we are undefeated in our first month. Although our corner defending could do allot better, because in both 3-2 wins we conceded 2 goals from corners. 

image.png.b0491f9368bdf81ecca87589f095fc88.png

League table

We are going strong for a play-off spot, although it's early in the season.. who knows. We could be challenging for the title. :D

image.thumb.png.d010bcc15dcd2df590b5afbe4e105a18.png

Tactics

Making one change since the beginning as we lacked some striking power. Moving the CM-At to Shadow Striker-At. 

image.png.a2a226f181e2822897245035e3de7e34.png

Bieb2q4.png

After release of full game I needed some time to prepare for the save. Made tweaks to db, mostly improving some known mistakes in FCM data and league at the whole. Finally, we are ready to go!

rjMZ5mx.png

Meet Thorsten Güntner, young and ambitious German manager who cultivates intensive and organized football. He is always relying on a Team, not individualities, and this is reflected in his coaching and tactical style. His vison is also well harmonized with the club vision "determination and unity can create the impossible"

So, as you can see, we are going for some DNA project here in addition for more common goals like trophies. I still don`t have any clear statement about how we will implement DNA into the club, it`s still WIP. But restrictions will affect squad building, tactics, training and staff recruitment. Possibly later I will share more in-depth information about it.

Club background

SnMqoCd.png

Major success came to the club in period between 2015 and 2020 when FCM won 3 league titles and national cup. In 20/21 season for the first time in FCM history they entered UCL group stages. 

Stadium and Facilities

3epiErC.png

Top level facilities, modern and cozy stadium which is going to be expanded to 1/1/2024.

Finances

De8gWqe.png

Finances are good. Very good for Denmark. But we definitely need European money if we want to constantly improve the club.

About the squad in next post a little bit later...

Edited by Vladis

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Helsingborgs IF, April 2023

Moving in the first month, we made two singings. Eremenko and recently Coulibaly. Both way to good for our league and as free transfers, but I'm not complaining.  

image.png.3c4a8a3866b8bf12aae6ae4e8c987707.png

image.png.810c5ed10f179f7ba17ba5b333c25497.png

Early form

The best thing is that we are undefeated in our first month. Although our corner defending could do allot better, because in both 3-2 wins we conceded 2 goals from corners. 

image.png.b0491f9368bdf81ecca87589f095fc88.png

League table

We are going strong for a play-off spot, although it's early in the season.. who knows. We could be challenging for the title. :D

image.thumb.png.d010bcc15dcd2df590b5afbe4e105a18.png

Tactics

Making one change since the beginning as we lacked some striking power. Moving the CM-At to Shadow Striker-At. 

image.png.a2a226f181e2822897245035e3de7e34.png

Wow, Helsinborgs! Surprising to see them in the 2nd tier and surprising to see Eremenko. I thought he already retired. Very talented player, saw a lot of matches with him when he played for Rubin and CSKA.

Anyway, good start to the season, keep up the good work! 

image.png.6476864d2e2976b34b97cba6b94abcef.png

Started with Hammarby IF this year, I'm living in Helsinki right now and I wanted to play a nordic save, specially now that winter is coming.

We are currently sitting top of the league after a very solid start.

image.png.bad775b17dd181e468b6f777cfcefc65.png

Looking for some nordic gems, goal is to make a team that only plays Scandinavian + Finnish players.

2 hours ago, Vladis said:

Bieb2q4.png

After release of full game I needed some time to prepare for the save. Made tweaks to db, mostly improving some known mistakes in FCM data and league at the whole. Finally, we are ready to go!

rjMZ5mx.png

Meet Thorsten Güntner, young and ambitious German manager who cultivates intensive and organized football. He is always relying on a Team, not individualities, and this is reflected in his coaching and tactical style. His vison is also well harmonized with the club vision "determination and unity can create the impossible"

So, as you can see, we are going for some DNA project here in addition for more common goals like trophies. I still don`t have any clear statement about how we will implement DNA into the club, it`s still WIP. But restrictions will affect squad building, tactics, training and staff recruitment. Possibly later I will share more in-depth information about it.

Club background

SnMqoCd.png

Major success came to the club in period between 2015 and 2020 when FCM won 3 league titles and national cup. In 20/21 season for the first time in FCM history they entered UCL group stages. 

Stadium and Facilities

3epiErC.png

Top level facilities, modern and cozy stadium which is going to be expanded to 1/1/2024.

Finances

De8gWqe.png

Finances are good. Very good for Denmark. But we definitely need European money if we want to constantly improve the club.

Didn't know they've fallen off that far in the last season..They should produce some quality youth players. 

Edited by Brian
Typo.

Helsingborgs IF, May and June 2023

Not disappointed with the results, but also not delighted. Most goals conceded are corners or against Skovde 2 shots from 25 yards.. Feels like long shots in this version are really strong. And Landskrona BoIS are just on another level atm. 

image.png.1d9b9b22d504d3d64be55c911916abc0.png

image.thumb.png.f57762a23b00b554d0632b60f2f3526d.png

Upcoming month July

Next month is going to be important. With 3 teams that are low on the table, I expect nothing less than 9 points. 

It's also the transfer window, although I'm not expecting many fireworks. We have zero budget to sign players..:lol:

image.png.7a1bfc76952497e1138ff08009adc285.png

Tactics

For the home matches, I created another variant of my tactic. Focusing on high tempo possession based football. Introducing.. Knäckebröd :brock:

image.png.7f8720960f51be857b4888aded2c41b1.png

On 12/11/2023 at 15:20, Vladis said:

Bieb2q4.png

rjMZ5mx.png

Club background

SnMqoCd.png

Stadium and Facilities

3epiErC.png

Finances

De8gWqe.png

Will be following this :thup:

image.png.634e5adb2104327e34c085cd483f3d46.png

HAMMARBY IF | 2023-24

We had a bit of a mid season slump in July...

image.png.374ee1adbd383cb28278e927e8c5981a.png

...starting with a 0-4 at home against Degerfors. They were bottom of the league at that point, so I knew something bad was happening. We tried our best in UECL but unfortunately got FC Twente instead of some gibraltarian team. Good thing is that we can fully focus on the league.

We got on track again pretty quickly after those bad results and we still on top of the league with 6 games to go.

image.png.78d6e340e56c67d79e6ff53ee65f8992.png

It's going to be hard because Elfsborg is also winning everything and any loss or draw could cost us the title.

image.png.2025255141f21fc7e0ddacaffed94d91.png

PS: We play Elfsborg on the final day of the season so that could be interesting. I know IRL they lost the title on the last match against Malmo so I hope we do the same.

This boy was on the B team scoring and assisting like crazy so I cancel the loan to give him some serious play time. Looks promesing (and he just turned 17):

image.png.9d03f6751d45ea8022378025c3422061.png

He has already scored some goals with us, I hope we can keep him a bit more.

5 hours ago, Riven said:

image.png.634e5adb2104327e34c085cd483f3d46.png

HAMMARBY IF | 2023-24

We had a bit of a mid season slump in July...

image.png.374ee1adbd383cb28278e927e8c5981a.png

...starting with a 0-4 at home against Degerfors. They were bottom of the league at that point, so I knew something bad was happening. We tried our best in UECL but unfortunately got FC Twente instead of some gibraltarian team. Good thing is that we can fully focus on the league.

We got on track again pretty quickly after those bad results and we still on top of the league with 6 games to go.

image.png.78d6e340e56c67d79e6ff53ee65f8992.png

It's going to be hard because Elfsborg is also winning everything and any loss or draw could cost us the title.

image.png.2025255141f21fc7e0ddacaffed94d91.png

PS: We play Elfsborg on the final day of the season so that could be interesting. I know IRL they lost the title on the last match against Malmo so I hope we do the same.

This boy was on the B team scoring and assisting like crazy so I cancel the loan to give him some serious play time. Looks promesing (and he just turned 17):

image.png.9d03f6751d45ea8022378025c3422061.png

He has already scored some goals with us, I hope we can keep him a bit more.

Vural looks incredible for his age. I think you can get really good money for him in the future. 

Good luck in title battle! 

13 hours ago, bestbrother said:

Much money knocking around in Scandinavia? 

It depends on which leagues you compare with. But in Denmark at least 4 clubs have very decent money. I could talk about FCM which I`m managing. Their owner is the richest man in Denmark. Starting finances are good (about 40M in balance). But income resources are still limited. If we don`t take into account potential prize money from European competitions and transfer fees we`re projected for the loss about 20M. So you need to properly manage your finances, make transfers profit and challenge for good European campaign each year. I think this is applicable to other teams in this region.

We did it! We clinched the title after an epic final battle against Elfsborg, away from home. We were a point behind them so it was a 'win or nothing' situation.

We outplay them for the whole game. I saw that they were playing very narrowly and their striker was only 1,74m so I put my backline a bit lower and close all the ways through the center, trying to force them to play down the wings and cross to that small striker.

image.png.f0692a999c9ba9704b511c88b548fbe4.png

image.png.73eae3d8a06955efec81ba9ae37c95ae.png

Now it's time to strenght the team with some quality signings. :)

I started a save with Odense Boldklub (OB), which is a club thats struggling in real life to say the least. They recently lost against the team at the bottom - a team that had yet to even win one game in Superligaen - so obviously my goal is get back on track, and figure out how to save OB a place in top 6, where they have not been for +10 seasons, even though that's their goal each year. (I already posted some of the story on another forum, but maybe i should "re-post" it on here too, and do it both places in the future?)

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/11/2023 at 06:45, Riven said:

We did it! We clinched the title after an epic final battle against Elfsborg, away from home. We were a point behind them so it was a 'win or nothing' situation.

We outplay them for the whole game. I saw that they were playing very narrowly and their striker was only 1,74m so I put my backline a bit lower and close all the ways through the center, trying to force them to play down the wings and cross to that small striker.

image.png.f0692a999c9ba9704b511c88b548fbe4.png

image.png.73eae3d8a06955efec81ba9ae37c95ae.png

Now it's time to strenght the team with some quality signings. :)

What is Jusef Erabi like? I have just started a save with Hammarby and noticed he was gaining some interest from Europe. I have managed to extend his contract but he wanted a £1.2 million buy out in it. 

En 15/12/2023 a las 14:20, Ncfc_king dijo:

What is Jusef Erabi like? I have just started a save with Hammarby and noticed he was gaining some interest from Europe. I have managed to extend his contract but he wanted a £1.2 million buy out in it. 

He's just decent on my save. I sold him on second season to Lille for 12.5M and got him back a year after that for half of the price (he was not playing at all there). Right now (2029) hes 25 and happens to be a rotation squad member.

image.png.5b59af2ce5f8bdc4e458bd8527d16323.png

image.png.b302ae7ef0612dc3ae703ba81c0ef9d2.png

• 5 weeks later...

My next idea for a journeyman save is to start in the lowest playable league in Sweden (I think the original database is up to 4th tier?), so can somebody recommend any nice clubs to start with?