[FM23] - Much ADO about Den Haag - living the dream in the Netherlands

karanhsingh

58 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

if they reduced the effectiveness of these corners it's hard to disagree with it

I know they nerfed near-post corners in the winter update, and I've struggled for corner goals since then. Can't say I've noticed a difference recently.

As for your youth intake, I'd say any of the five shown could become decent-to-good first-team players. At Brentford and now Benfica (and other saves) I've had a number of 2.5* players who were reliable squad players. Even if they don't make it, you can often sell them on, and that's free money.

8 minutes ago, warlock said:

I know they nerfed near-post corners in the winter update, and I've struggled for corner goals since then. Can't say I've noticed a difference recently.

As for your youth intake, I'd say any of the five shown could become decent-to-good first-team players. At Brentford and now Benfica (and other saves) I've had a number of 2.5* players who were reliable squad players. Even if they don't make it, you can often sell them on, and that's free money.

True... I really should pay more attention to the development of the youngsters. Will try to in this save.

As for the corners, my center backs scored 25 between them during my last season at Juve :lol: so that was definitely not totally nerfed in the winter update. Anyway, I just signed a new CB with 17 for jumping reach. Let's see if that makes any difference.

1 minute ago, karanhsingh said:

my center backs scored 25 between them during my last season at Juve

Exploit!! :D So far at Benfica we've scored one from corners in the first 14 games, I think. And we win a lot of corners.

6 hours ago, warlock said:

I thought it was far post corners. 1 in 3 of my corners targets that area and usually my best Heading and jumping player is marked by like 3-4 players.

16 hours ago, warlock said:

Exploit!! :D So far at Benfica we've scored one from corners in the first 14 games, I think. And we win a lot of corners.

Franz Schiemer is the corner master :cool: throw any patch his way 

15 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Still struggling with corners :( going to just let it be now 

Fortunately the team is still doing very well 

@SixPointerwhat's your setup?

I’ll send you some ideas over the weekend when am on. I mostly approach it with overloads and decoys. For instance put everyone at the near post except one man attacking far post. Deliver to far post. Usually all the players being grouped at near post area allows the back post guy to be 1v1. 

It’s actually a trick my manager at Edinburgh city used. But we would have everyone drag over to the far post. Someone would go for a pretend drink of water and run right onto a shot at the near post unmarked. Worked so many times. 

51 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

I’ll send you some ideas over the weekend when am on. I mostly approach it with overloads and decoys. For instance put everyone at the near post except one man attacking far post. Deliver to far post. Usually all the players being grouped at near post area allows the back post guy to be 1v1. 

It’s actually a trick my manager at Edinburgh city used. But we would have everyone drag over to the far post. Someone would go for a pretend drink of water and run right onto a shot at the near post unmarked. Worked so many times. 

That is a great Idea. I will try to figure out how to do it in FM over the next few days.

Cheers fellas! 

The summer of 2024 was fairly busy. The headline news being the below transfer, which smashed the club record for ADO.

almenout.jpg.6aed10c87451a4d22cf99b75d1bf9878.jpg

Valencia activated his release clause and there was not much we could do. In any case, we do not want to stand in the way of players when they have moves such as these lined up.

outs1.jpg.6384730cca895862b19dd763a52569ba.jpg

outs2.jpg.a98d3cf5a1c8e86e8c7e35081c889f2f.jpg

Apart from that, it was mainly players that we did not really see a role for in the team moving on, bringing in a total of 8.3m eur to the club.

In terms of the incomings, it's free transfer city all the way!

We made some room in the wage budget to invest in better players, while the remaining funds raised all go into improving the clubs facilities at this time.

ins1.jpg.1fe6238c497315a0c93c31cd8f2a4a5e.jpg

ins2.jpg.7f427c282d14797d7e93639901d7692e.jpg

Here are the guys who are expected to play a significant role in the first team.

eze.jpg.7c22a3aa038ca3821f91622fabf775a2.jpg

Like @Jogo Bonito, I love myself a physical Nigerian striker up front. While Emeka is not as good as the better known E. Eze, he should do some damage in the Dutch league.

haye.jpg.1bbbabfe6dee0d20cc349ceff868f8ea.jpg

Dutch/Indonesian footballer Thom Haye will have the unenviable task of replacing Almendra as the primary playmaker of the side.

show.jpg.14b561bf406319a45fa029e1cfe4d719.jpg

Alongside Haye - Show is called in to help run the show in midfield :D

langa.jpg.20ef9f88a848b5df8d7b878a5cfc7815.jpg

Bruno Langa should be taking over as our new LWB

musa.jpg.3004e025b812bffc58b2a276736986c9.jpg

And finally the Jordanian Messi comes in on loan to provide competition in wide spaces.

As a side project, I want to build a truly diverse squad with a bunch of international players from the more "obscure" countries, just for a bit of fun, so it's already nice to have a Jordanian, an Angolan, a Mozambican and a part Indonesian in the dressing room.

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

In terms of the incomings, it's free transfer city all the way!

We made some room in the wage budget to invest in better players, while the remaining funds raised all go into improving the clubs facilities at this time.

ins1.jpg.1fe6238c497315a0c93c31cd8f2a4a5e.jpg

ins2.jpg.7f427c282d14797d7e93639901d7692e.jpg

Here are the guys who are expected to play a significant role in the first team.

eze.jpg.7c22a3aa038ca3821f91622fabf775a2.jpg

Like @Jogo Bonito, I love myself a physical Nigerian striker up front. While Emeka is not as good as the better known E. Eze, he should do some damage in the Dutch league.

haye.jpg.1bbbabfe6dee0d20cc349ceff868f8ea.jpg

Dutch/Indonesian footballer Thom Haye will have the unenviable task of replacing Almendra as the primary playmaker of the side.

show.jpg.14b561bf406319a45fa029e1cfe4d719.jpg

Alongside Haye - Show is called in to help run the show in midfield :D

langa.jpg.20ef9f88a848b5df8d7b878a5cfc7815.jpg

Bruno Langa should be taking over as our new LWB

musa.jpg.3004e025b812bffc58b2a276736986c9.jpg

And finally the Jordanian Messi comes in on loan to provide competition in wide spaces.

As a side project, I want to build a truly diverse squad with a bunch of international players from the more "obscure" countries, just for a bit of fun, so it's already nice to have a Jordanian, an Angolan, a Mozambican and a part Indonesian in the dressing room.

Turning a big profit, picking up some talent for free always a big bonus. Although the ultras will soon be expecting your hard earned cash to be thrown into a signing if things go south. 

You're right. I do like a strong, powerful Nigerian striker in my sides. Hopefully yours will do a good job, he certainly looks like he could do.

Interesting idea about the obscure nations, there are a few Tanzanians I would be happy to see you sign.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

3 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

You're right. I do like a strong, powerful Nigerian striker in my sides. Hopefully yours will do a good job, he certainly looks like he could do.

Interesting idea about the obscure nations, there are a few Tanzanians I would be happy to see you sign.

Feel free to recommend! And well it's not really a stated goal or anything, just a fun side project. Also because, signing wonderkids from Brazil and France for instance is always going to be a lot more expensive. 

5 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Turning a big profit, picking up some talent for free always a big bonus. Although the ultras will soon be expecting your hard earned cash to be thrown into a signing if things go south. 

Hopefully we can keep them satisfied!

I will definitely start spending at some point, just for the right sort of talent. At this stage freebies do the job just fine. 

The first half of the season has flown by, and has been very productive by all accounts. Especially December, which as you can see was an absolutely perfect month.

fixtures4.jpg.595421c997581688e8a349f8d45677bb.jpg

fixtures5.jpg.fc45309d9412b63f53fe5882670cde84.jpg

Thanks to that, we somehow find ourselves near the top of the table, although I expect Ajax to catch up before long

table3.jpg.ab66d9a9a4576cfde8a87e817ec0dc93.jpg

And we made just the one signing in January, but it's the best new-gen name I have seen on FM ever I think!

badboy_in.jpg.20b92a3dce1664dfa5965ff099ddb8ed.jpg

I mean, I had to sign him for that name alone! The fact that he looks like he might be a potential wonderkid is purely a bonus! He initially signs on loan but we will probably look to make it permanent.

baddd.jpg.19794bb78255ca0fbd475712db015476.jpg

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

And we made just the one signing in January, but it's the best new-gen name I have seen on FM ever I think!

badboy_in.jpg.20b92a3dce1664dfa5965ff099ddb8ed.jpg

I mean, I had to sign him for that name alone! The fact that he looks like he might be a potential wonderkid is purely a bonus! He initially signs on loan but we will probably look to make it permanent.

baddd.jpg.19794bb78255ca0fbd475712db015476.jpg

Shame his aggression is so low. :D

On 16/07/2023 at 03:06, Rikulec said:

Shame his aggression is so low. :D

Isn't it!

On 18/07/2023 at 13:13, SixPointer said:

If you win a title this quick I think the ultras will build a statue and your well-being will always be protected. 

Ha! Well it's definitely not happening so quickly. But we on the right track. 

20 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Haha, what a name indeed! Badboy looks a decent prospect too, hope he doesn't go off the rails. 

Well he had better be a good lad if he wants to make it a permanent transfer!