The Tactical Principles of Will Still at Stade de Reims

Very nice Post! Gonna give this a go, looks really interesting! :D

What do you do if they have 2 defensive mids, which one is the more important one to man mark? I come against that type of tactic very often so :)

And if they have wingbacks should i change to man mark them as well, or is it just full backs?  :) 

1 minute ago, MegaAlbin_88 said:

Very nice Post! Gonna give this a go, looks really interesting! :D

What do you do if they have 2 defensive mids, which one is the more important one to man mark? I come against that type of tactic very often so :)

And if they have wingbacks should i change to man mark them as well, or is it just full backs?  :) 

Really you’d want to cut off their most creative DM. 👌

I really enjoyed the read and gave this a try with my Athletic Bilbao save. I think my Athletic side is maybe a little bit stronger then the actual State Reims squad. But not much.

Until now (75% of the season) my results a comparable to the ones before. Maybe a little but more stable against weaker teams, conceding less goals, but still struggling against the bigger teams. Lost 0:4 and 0:5 against Barca and Real, without any chance. The only thing I've changed was the BWM to a DM, removed tackle harder, because I got a view red cards on this position. So tactic works well for me, I saw nice goals and plays, but I have no idea why it's absolutely not working against stronger teams. Anyhow, I will play the season to an end and then decide if I continue.  

Edited by sgevolker

1 minute ago, mikcheck said:

@Cleon if you were to use 2 man up top, would you still ask one of them to mark the opposition DM?

Not unless they were playing out from the back and he was a creative influence.