Smallest club with biggest potential

Good question. Depends if you're thinking country specific or just generally. How low do you wish to start. Just a guess but maybe someone like Forest Green. In real life they are building a new stadium. A club like that could be what you are looking for. I haven't played FM23 so I don't know if they build a new stadium on that. I'm still on FM22. Bournemouth on my Real Betis save, built the Eddie Howe stadium.

Depending on how good your geography is I'd suggest trying to find a well populated city or area which doesn't currently have a team in a big league. Plymouth for example. It's down the West country where I can't currently think of many big teams. Bristol has 2 teams I suppose and not sure if Cardiff and Swansea would pick up many fans from down there. Wrexham could be an idea with Ryan Reynolds money.

10 minutes ago, mdaw1985 said:

Good question. Depends if you're thinking country specific or just generally. How low do you wish to start. Just a guess but maybe someone like Forest Green. In real life they are building a new stadium. A club like that could be what you are looking for. I haven't played FM23 so I don't know if they build a new stadium on that. I'm still on FM22. Bournemouth on my Real Betis save, built the Eddie Howe stadium.

Depending on how good your geography is I'd suggest trying to find a well populated city or area which doesn't currently have a team in a big league. Plymouth for example. It's down the West country where I can't currently think of many big teams. Bristol has 2 teams I suppose and not sure if Cardiff and Swansea would pick up many fans from down there. Wrexham could be an idea with Ryan Reynolds money.

Thanks, yeah I should’ve specified UK teams. I’m looking for much smaller than Cardiff and Swansea, ideally non league. I’m a Wrexham fan but don’t manage them anymore as it’s too easy these days.

Ideally I’d love to find a non league team who could realistically expand and attract plus 30k after a few seasons in the prem, but imagine that’s not likely. Back in the Champ Man days, Kingstonian used to be able to grow like this. Think it was a data error though

4 hours ago, Caning the Days said:

Which lower league clubs have the most potential for sizeable growth?

Who’s stadium has a large maximum expansion capacity, who has a large potential fan base etc

Would Notts County suit your description? 

Maybe some where like Maidstone Utd. Was once a league team that went bust. Not many big teams that close. Gillingham probably closest league club. Kent doesn't have many big teams. Dover and Tonbridge have conference teams. I expect most in Kent support London clubs.

8 hours ago, Andy1979 said:

Wakefield is a pretty big place. Not sure what league there in though.

Not sure about league, but that's West Yorkshire, so for recruitment and fans catchment you're going to be competing with Bradford, Huddersfield and Leeds.  Geographically it's also not far from Barnsley, so they should be a competitor, too.

Edited by rp1966

How about FC United? Manchester's definitely a big place for football so there should be potential for growth there. They've already got Leeds, Liverpool and Man City set as rivals too so they're ready for some big derbies already.

Plus you could have the narrative of leading Man Utd's fan rebel club to beat Utd in the EPL.

Well another suggestion, how about Pro Vercelli?  They were the most successful Italian fc in the early days of Serie A.... with 7 titles to their name.

Well worth a try to see if you can help them obtain greatness once more.

I've done Vercelli in previous games.  It's definitely a fun save if you're into the fallen-giant thing, but their market isn't huge and their existing stadium is quite small.  If you want a small-to-large Italian save, I'd maybe suggest Messina.  Their uniforms are great, the club goes back to 1900, and they have a 37,000-capacity stadium.  Their big rival is Reggina, and they have a cool derby against them ("the Derby of the Strait").