FM23 England Level 10 Challenge

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, fcunitedfan said:

I'm now being recommended League 2 quality players at level 9... This is crazy! lol

Unfortunatly i dont think there is anyway to prevent this.

Well will could have low maximum wage limits and squad registration limits to try and limit this but then i think people would be saying we cant sign players and cant offer much wages for players.

i think you will find it harder anyway when you reach the national league as well as losing quite a bit of money as well.

57 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

i think you will find it harder anyway when you reach the national league as well as losing quite a bit of money as well.

I'll have to stock up on the League One quality players when I reach Level 8 then, won't I? :lol:

NEWPORT ISLE OF WIGHT 2025/26 Season. 

Good season, ride in the league, little disappointment at the FA trophy but it's ok.

I now have to offer wages to players and staff, the serious stuff begins! ;)

image.thumb.png.c3a866d7bf3694134fe941ebd98011b2.png

image.thumb.png.81f3e5de69919e0fb3e0408ec012a049.png

image.thumb.png.9370d5d875c42974cbe484aa9db8b5b3.png

Edited by caragreg

51 minutes ago, caragreg said:

NEWPORT ISLE OF WIGHT 2025/26 Season. 

Good season, ride in the league, little disappointment at the FA trophy but it's ok.

I now have to offer wages to players and staff, the serious stuff begins! ;)

image.thumb.png.c3a866d7bf3694134fe941ebd98011b2.png

image.thumb.png.81f3e5de69919e0fb3e0408ec012a049.png

image.thumb.png.9370d5d875c42974cbe484aa9db8b5b3.png

Excellent stuff!

We're into the first round proper of the FA Cup!! I played a lot more defensive tactic for this match, and it paid off big time. I'm so happy with that result, and getting to the first round.

20230106122855_1.jpg

Edited by fcunitedfan

Saludos,

(I am using Messi's database, I am not sure where to ask):   I have a wage budget of 139K,  and I am spending only 4K.

I am semi-professional, level 9 and I cannot offer more that 70 pounds per game to a player.  Is this normal?

Edited by Hanxvirenk208
Somebody answered my question.

On 06/01/2023 at 01:58, lionel messi said:

Unfortunatly i dont think there is anyway to prevent this.

Well will could have low maximum wage limits and squad registration limits to try and limit this but then i think people would be saying we cant sign players and cant offer much wages for players.

You could justify it in terms of a FFP rule for non-league or part-time clubs. 

On 06/01/2023 at 07:02, fcunitedfan said:

Just realised I have four former Wolves youth players in my first team. Pointless information, but I kind of like the idea of Wolves rejects joining a different team in Wolverhampton.

Not pointless.  In time,  you could try for an affiliation with  WW

3rd season and another promotion, this time we went into the Northern Premier League Division 1 Midlands. This completes our little tour of Southern, Midland and Northern branded leagues and put us in a same league as our other fierce rival Harborough Town. It was a successful season with some good cup runs, thoroughly gutted to get FC Halifax in the FA Cup 1st round though. Scarborough dominating us away from home in the Trophy 5th round was also quite hard to take. 

213748722_Screenshot2023-01-03at18_38_16.thumb.png.251abed7370feb41bee42ebd2637a9eb.png

Our winning campaign for the Northern Premier League Challenge Cup also included this nerve-shredder,  I never want to see penalties again:

Spoiler

809573821_Screenshot2023-01-03at18_38_46.png.7231e0ef4c3d83df4c7deb244643d227.png

7 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Not pointless.  In time,  you could try for an affiliation with  WW

That's actually a long term goal. Maybe if we can get to League One I can make it happen.

Edited by fcunitedfan

8 hours ago, Hanxvirenk208 said:

Saludos,

(I am using Messi's database, I am not sure where to ask):   I have a wage budget of 139K,  and I am spending only 4K.

I am semi-professional, level 9 and I cannot offer more that 70 pounds per game to a player.  Is this normal?

image.thumb.png.7dde450b2ed4ef80de14a46dd3abcef1.png

Yep, that's normal. I'm also level 9, and can offer £110 appearance fee. I make it up with higher goal and assist bonuses (bad idea really, but I'm luckily having a great FA Cup run which is helping keep our balance out of the red).

3 hours ago, caragreg said:

I have a big problem with the reputation of the club.:(

I'm still semi-professional and no better player wants to come

It looks complicated now

image.thumb.png.1f83e7ee9611bcfd8f77f5aded57cfe0.png

I had that in a previous save on a past FM.

Its because you have rised up the leagues so quickly, the reputation will gradually increase.

18 minutes ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Hey guys. I'm looking into starting this. I want to do it with my most local team (other than QPR) which is Kensington Dragons. They're in level 11 so I'm doing a dafuge and reloading until they're promoted! Fingers crossed!

There is no promotion into Level 10.

You have to start with a team that starts at Level 10 anyway.

21 hours ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Yep having holidayed for a year, I noticed. Darn it! 

You could always use the editor to swap them with the worst team you're trying to get them promoted into, or if they're not in the database, just change the details of the club you want out for your KD.

5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

You could always use the editor to swap them with the worst team you're trying to get them promoted into, or if they're not in the database, just change the details of the club you want out for your KD.

THAT'S a good idea! I'll do that, thanks.

22 minutes ago, GreyedOutMan said:

THAT'S a good idea! I'll do that, thanks.

Im sorry but you have to use a team team that starts at level 10 and not edited in.

You can play along if you like but it wont count in the challenge or earn you points.

You also have to be using my database.

Edited by lionel messi

3 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Im sorry but you have to use a team team that starts at level 10 and not edited in.

You can play along if you like but it wont count in the challenge or earn you points.

You also have to be using my database.

I've just used create a club instead. I'm essentially playing with another club, just changed the details...

I was hoping for a better run in the FA Cup and Counties Cup but wasn't to be.

Season Division Place P W D L F A G.D. PTS Average Attendance
2022 -23 North West Counties League Division 1 South  1st 38 31 4 3 134 42 92 97 210
2023 -24 North West Counties League Premier Division 1st 38 28 4 6 116 48 68 88 255

1432039527_WythenshaweAmateurs_Competitions.thumb.png.366176c74c7cd8d4187b23610618f3c4.png

Hi everybody

Because of the work on the winter update, as well my final months in my MBA study, i will not continue my save for an undisclosed time. Maybe i will find time after the winter update and will continue.
Enjoy your great saves and i will follow.

All Roads Lead to Radstock (again) - Season #2 23/24 

To suggest that Radstock Town's 23/24 season was a failure would be hyperbole. After all, the Miners secured a second consecutive league title and promotion, as well as the club's highest ever finish. However, after last season's comfortable run in the Western League Division 1, the increase in quality at this level was clear.

image.thumb.png.ddee88b433ea85dd1662c8c43ddba857.png

With his commitment to prioritise local talent, Mike Dando's goal to rise through the league system swiftly and comfortably is starting to seem overly ambitious and unrealistic. Without the resources and national scope of competitors, Dando will be relying increasingly on his intuition, getting the most out of his players and a good dollop of luck to ensure success in this forgotten corner of the South West. 

However, it is not all doom and gloom. With a media prediction of 17th and odds of 50/1 for the league title, Radstock performed well above expectations. The club's focus on local talent has seen it bring in some very promising young players that are being given the chance to flourish and grow. One of these players, Ade Gribble has some impressive talent and potential for this level, and there is genuine excitement around the club for Dando's Babes. Getting these future superstars signed onto part time contracts will be a priority when Radstock Town are an official Tier 8 club. 

image.thumb.png.0e124d5bb2de6913a98d5afc6845292c.png

As the club moves through the pyramid, their ability to look further afield for players naturally grows, as does its desirability for players to relocate. Radstock's first player outside of Somerset and the surrounding counties is promising striker Wes Bloomfield, who boasts some impressive physical and technical ability. Wes was on trial at a Wiltshire-based club, which brought him onto Radstock's radar. While the club is far from being able to send its volunteer scouts across the country to find hidden talent, the club is starting to build its reputation as a testing ground for young players who have not been given the chance to show the world what they've got. Wes perfectly demonstrates the opportunity that Radstock offers with an impressive return of vital goals on the way to the club's title-winning season. 

image.thumb.png.232d9533a80416506eee9703d72743c1.png

Competition Number of Times Won Points
Western League Division 1 1 15
Western League Premier Division 1 20

Total   35

Year 2 (2023-2024) complete. Won the Tier 9 Division (Northern Counties East League Premier Division), gaining promotion to Tier 8.

Also won both the FA Vase and Northern Counties East League Cup for the 2nd year in a row! 

However, the highlight was a run into the 3rd round of the FA cup! Getting knocked out by Championship team West Bromwich. Beating a L2 team in the 1st round and L1 team in the second round. Gave me tons of money that paid for upgrade to training facilities. 

year.PNG

score.PNG

NEWPORT ISLE OF WIGHT 2027/28 Season

Great season in the league. :)

But big disappointment in the FA trophy final. We largely dominate the match but Notts County equalize 1-1at the 93rd minute and we lose on penalties :mad:

Prestigious game in the FA Cup against Arsenal, lost 3-5 while we were leading 3-2 in the 60th

410 points however. We are going to turn professional and the next season to the League2 promises to be complicated with squad registration ;)

image.thumb.png.686ba60761a82b32501d3d596241a7fd.png

image.thumb.png.a908f741b1dec80d0605993813882d59.png

image.thumb.png.f9f8e29ae92bf1f9421653d78ba45bcf.png

Edited by caragreg