[FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v3.03 - Updated 10/06/23 - NEW SKIN ADDED!!

GIMN

4 hours ago, GIMN said:

I've made a copy of the data sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wufJmSGM4Q1njGRNu33OPoMYHGWs-Rjv17StVwUK6ZM/edit?usp=sharing

You'd have to edit the various report panels containing that information - there are quite a few I believe.  The easiest way to go about this would be to extract Panels using the FM Resource Archiver; and then search for "Potential Ability".  You'd then want to move those files over to the skin (unless they are already there - not all will be), and edit the files to remove the stars.  It might end up being tedious, but it is not as difficult as it sounds.

I was hoping for something more along the lines of my last issue, "go there, change 1 number, go" but alas ... :D 

Previously i only ever used the ressource archiver to unpack a skin to get the instant result panel so please bear with me ...

1) So in essence i add aditional panels named "report" in some way but do not overwrite existing ones? (Why do i need to add panels anyway when the aim is to remove functions, not add them?). Wouldn't it be enough to edit existing panels? Especially since Hodr hides both Current and Potential Ability?

2) How would i "edit the files to remove the stars"? (via Word Pad obviously, but do i just delete the lines or sth?)

2) Any chance to instead change their colour to match the background (similar to how you can hide attributes by editing the colour scheme in game to play attributeless on the default skin or how you can change the attribute range colours in your skin, which is about as advanced an edit as i ever made ;) )?

As you can see i am rather clueless (and have full understanding if you rather not spend your time explaining things like you would a 5 year old ;) )

Edited by Marinho

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, GIMN said:

Oh man, really thank you!!! Now I better understand of background and I can use it in my save. But I have one more request - Can you share metrics list for each archetype?

I have an idea, but I'd like to be sure. I want to use those indicators to identify transfer targets.

3 hours ago, Marinho said:

I was hoping for something more along the lines of my last issue, "go there, change 1 number, go" but alas ... :D 

Previously i only ever used the ressource archiver to unpack a skin to get the instant result panel so please bear with me ...

1) So in essence i add aditional panels named "report" in some way but do not overwrite existing ones? (Why do i need to add panels anyway when the aim is to remove functions, not add them?). Wouldn't it be enough to edit existing panels? Especially since Hodr hides both Current and Potential Ability?

2) How would i "edit the files to remove the stars"? (via Word Pad obviously, but do i just delete the lines or sth?)

2) Any chance to instead change their colour to match the background (similar to how you can hide attributes by editing the colour scheme in game to play attributeless on the default skin or how you can change the attribute range colours in your skin, which is about as advanced an edit as i ever made ;) )?

As you can see i am rather clueless (and have full understanding if you rather not spend your time explaining things like you would a 5 year old ;) )

1) A custom skin should only have files inside it which have been changed.  Everything else it will take from the base game.  If you want to make changes to panels that haven't effectively been edited, you need to move those files into the skin folder.  For files that are already in the skin, you'll still need to edit them, but if you overwrite them with the base game files, you'll lose any other changes to that file.

2) Inside each file there will be something that indicates the stars; something along the line of <widget class="scout_rating_stars"> - these will need to be removed.  There may be some places where removing them might break something, so you might need to "hide" them instead by adding in hidden="true" within the <>.  Knowing which approach is needed where is, unfortunately, a case of trial and error.  Word Pad, Notepad, etc... work perfectly fine for this.  Something like Notepad++ is free and even better as it can help identify where mistakes might have been made.

3) Star rating colours are defined as "senior" and "youth" inside the settings file; there isn't a separate definition for just potential ability unfortunately.

1 hour ago, vonTrips said:

But I have one more request - Can you share metrics list for each archetype?

I'll put the table below I used, but you can actually see all this by looking at the information in the classes folder (might be useful to know in case these change as time goes by).  The archetypes themselves are based on this article: https://theathletic.com/3473297/2022/08/10/player-roles-the-athletic/ though I would temper that with I've only used 12, made a couple of tweaks based on what information is available in gam, and renamed a couple of them.  As I didn't have all these metrics pulled in the data set for the pizza chart, I ran a smaller data set for this, and the percentiles they are based on were adjusted so that it only roughly 2% of all players might have a badge (of course most archetypes exclude most players anyway by virtue of position - for example, Fox In The Box is based on goals and xG overperformance per 90 and that will exclude basically any player who isn't a striker)

Spoiler

Archetype Metric Threshold Value
Finisher Goals Above 0.66
Finisher xG Overperformance Above 0.00
Target Headers Won Above 6.96
Target Shots Above 1.96
Roamer Open Play Key Passes Above 0.94
Roamer Shots Above 1.69
Roamer Pressures Attempted Below 12.25
Wide Threat Dribbles Above 3.32
Wide Threat Shots Above 2.45
Box Crasher Shots Above 2.20
Box Crasher Progressive Passes Above 2.54
Box Crasher Passes Completed Above 31.45
Box Crasher Dribbles Below 2.05
Distributor Open Play Key Passes Above 1.41
Distributor Passes Completed Above 63.47
Distributor Progressive Passes Above 6.24
Builder Possession Won Above 10.59
Builder Possession Lost Below 10.30
Builder Pressures Attempted Above 12.88
Overlapper Sprints Above 20.75
Overlapper Crosses Attempted Above 7.56
Progressor Progressive Passes Above 5.85
Progressor Possession Won Above 14.98
Progressor Pressures Attempted Above 10.18
Aggressor Headers Won Above 8.19
Aggressor Possession Won Above 20.25
Spreader Progressive Passes Above 5.88
Spreader Passes Completed Above 74.70
Spreader Possession Won Above 13.97
Anchor Clearances Above 1.74
Anchor Blocks Above 0.88
Anchor Possession Won Above 15.89

Unbelievable skin - may I ask where I can find the file I'd need to edit to add in player faces into the tactics screen? Some skins (Tato for example) have this where the player profile picture shows up above the name in a small frame and I'd be keen to add it in here, but I've no idea where to even begin with this sort of thing!

25 minutes ago, Tilling said:

Unbelievable skin - may I ask where I can find the file I'd need to edit to add in player faces into the tactics screen? Some skins (Tato for example) have this where the player profile picture shows up above the name in a small frame and I'd be keen to add it in here, but I've no idea where to even begin with this sort of thing!

You will need to copy over the file panels/tactics/tactics icon info panel overview.xml from a skin that has it already in place. 

11 hours ago, GIMN said:

You will need to copy over the file panels/tactics/tactics icon info panel overview.xml from a skin that has it already in place. 

Sorted - you're a legend, thanks so much. I'm keen to add an Instant Result button too but I don't have access to the resource archiver as I'm on Game Pass; might wait to see if some kind soul can upload a version of the numerical dark skin with the instant result added :onmehead:

Slightly off-topic - but how does one even start working on making their own skin like this? What you've done here is awesome, but it seems so dense - did you learn through chatting with other skin creators, or just by reading through all the different text?

6 minutes ago, Tilling said:

Slightly off-topic - but how does one even start working on making their own skin like this? What you've done here is awesome, but it seems so dense - did you learn through chatting with other skin creators, or just by reading through all the different text?

Yeah, a mixture of asking questions on this forum, chatting with other skin creators (the community is, by and large, absolutely fantastic) and reading through the xmls.  I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I imagine a fair few people started the same way: trying to mix and match what they like from various skins to create something for personal use.  Then, as they get comfortable with making those changes, start exploring other ideas.

• GIMN changed the title to [FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v3.02 - Updated 13/04/23

v3.02 - Light Mode / Dark Mode

• Added new icons for xG to help give more distinction to goals and shots on target
  • Added Team & Player Analysis to Matchday tablet, and tablet now appears at half time
  • Adjusted colours for player & tactical instructions in tactics screen
  • Fixed issue with player and staff popups when scaling is above 100%
  • Fixed issue with sidebar when unemployed with icons only
  • Fixed issue with graphical attributes appearing for coaches in coach assignment in numerical versions
  • Increased thickness of attributes in numerical versions

I really dont like Dark Skins - they are so tiresome to look at and make me feel sleepy very soon very strongly so i am all in favour for Light Skins.

This one honestly seems to be one of the best skins be it Light or Dark one can have the pleasure to use - it scales well with my 4k 125% resolution and nothing is lost outside of the display space you can reach anything and it reformats well with the resolution changes.

The only hickup so far i found on the coaches page where the lower numbers of the lesser developed attributes of my coaches pretty much blend into the light grey background and can not be read.

The second thing that prevented me so far from using it is the spaced out format the skin uses for the display of the player attributes - in the classic disaply i can say at a glance without even reading the numbers by the look of the pattern of numbers which players is good or bad (for my style of football) but with the spaced out way this skin displays the player attributes i cant see them at a glance and have to look at each number /graph indivdually which makes the "workload" heavier for me.

I will use the Light Skin for a while bcs i really need one to keep playing and maybe i get more used to it but i think i would still prefer a more concentrated display method of the player attributes that is less spaced out and pattern recognition friendly!

If i will stick to this skin i will surely show some apreciation as i have done with any mod i downloaded for FM if a PayPal option is available - without PayPal no apreciation but verbaly/in letters!

PS: I also do not find my personal coaching abilities - i only get this overview without the numbers....

Edited by Etebaer

7 hours ago, Etebaer said:

The only hickup so far i found on the coaches page where the lower numbers of the lesser developed attributes of my coaches pretty much blend into the light grey background and can not be read.

They are deliberately at a colour close to the background colour so as to indicate that they are poor in that area.  I always recommend anyone using the numerical version to change the attribute numbers to their suiting via Preferences. 

The second thing that prevented me so far from using it is the spaced out format the skin uses for the display of the player attributes - in the classic disaply i can say at a glance without even reading the numbers by the look of the pattern of numbers which players is good or bad (for my style of football) but with the spaced out way this skin displays the player attributes i cant see them at a glance and have to look at each number /graph indivdually which makes the "workload" heavier for me.

I will use the Light Skin for a while bcs i really need one to keep playing and maybe i get more used to it but i think i would still prefer a more concentrated display method of the player attributes that is less spaced out and pattern recognition friendly!

I appreciate your view, but I am very happy with the decision to group the attributes according to training area - it allows them to be together with other attributes that work in tandem.  Obviously familiarity with FM over the years means that most players just know to bounce their eyes around the screen to specific areas, and there are instructions from others within this thread to try and restore the default view if you wish to search them out.

If i will stick to this skin i will surely show some apreciation as i have done with any mod i downloaded for FM if a PayPal option is available - without PayPal no apreciation but verbaly/in letters!

There is a paypal link in the opening post, but I don't push this.  Of course any support is appreciated, but never obligatory.

PS: I also do not find my personal coaching abilities - i only get this overview without the numbers....

Your own attributes are not displayed, I will consider adding that in for a future update.  Your coaching attributes are visible in the coaching assignments, and archetype badges will show if you excel in a certain area.

Thx for the replies, greatly appreciate them!

Currently i try the NY Light Skin - at 110% 4K it works ok so far and the contrast is better - also it has the traditional attributes layout albeit its the background of the number that is coloured and not the numbers itself.

For transferbusiness it has not all the data on a single page but two albeit i can look at it most conveniently without getting tired and have my pattern recognition still working for me.

I will honestly stop playing this game without a for me working light skin!

Well, i will try to work with the Teal colorsheme as i like blueish themed skins and the white writing in the colored bars is way better readable than in the light blue bars where i can almost not read anything.

Regarding the coaches attributes numbers on the training/coaches screen that are almost invisible - i understand the idea behind it and fundamentlally like it but as a starter in a lower league with only low ability coaches available it is somewhat irritating to have pretty much almost no numbers shown.

Time will tell if it works out for me but i deeply appreciate your effort to offer an outstanding light skin - be sure of it!

coachesattributesinvisible.thumb.png.2ea3a4193bc2705972559179a5841be4.png

Some litte feedback more - as i am not an english native my only knowledge from english comes from school and dictionaries i look into when i dont know a word.

As a coach i am characterized as "Professor" which is a pretty universal word with a universal positive meaning but my characterization as manager is "Hustler" which i find only very mean translation things about and from the description i am not sure the choice of word is right as it seems you mean i am sort of a "penny-pincher" and not that other very defaming thing as far as my translation sources go.

Best regards!

1 hour ago, Etebaer said:

Regarding the coaches attributes numbers on the training/coaches screen that are almost invisible - i understand the idea behind it and fundamentlally like it but as a starter in a lower league with only low ability coaches available it is somewhat irritating to have pretty much almost no numbers shown.

12 hours ago, GIMN said:

I always recommend anyone using the numerical version to change the attribute numbers to their suiting via Preferences. 

Go to Preferences, type "colour" (well...the appropriate translation for colour) and change the colour for lower attributes.

1 hour ago, Etebaer said:

As a coach i am characterized as "Professor" which is a pretty universal word with a universal positive meaning but my characterization as manager is "Hustler" which i find only very mean translation things about and from the description i am not sure the choice of word is right as it seems you mean i am sort of a "penny-pincher" and not that other very defaming thing as far as my translation sources go.

Whilst "Hustler" might not necessarily have positive connotations, it indicates that you have high "Negotiation" attribute - that is someone who is adept at making very good deals; so yes, you're in game character has a reputation for being a penny-pincher.

Ah well, i was slightly becoming more comfortable with the usage of the skin but i now get crashes i had never had before whil browsing players for transfers i crashed 3 times in 2 hours when it was not once a month b4.

So it seems i can not use this skin :(

9 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

Ah well, i was slightly becoming more comfortable with the usage of the skin but i now get crashes i had never had before whil browsing players for transfers i crashed 3 times in 2 hours when it was not once a month b4.

So it seems i can not use this skin :(

Would you be able to send the crash dumps across - located in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2023/crash dumps folder?

4 hours ago, RussoTuristo said:

Hello again

What file should I edit to change font of goalscorers' names? Tried every 'match' file in fonts folder but nothing changed :(

Hide contents

image.png.3ee3c50ffe576de65ee24ee2fd305c93.png

panels/match/mustermann/match overview/cup match incidents home.xml (and cup match incidents away.xml).  Edit line 51/52 where it says font="notable_events" to font="text"

I finally set aside half an hour to see what's new in the radical new skin :)

1. Little bug in Inbox

Spoiler

_2023-04-20_00-25-49.png.ef4763d3fe29aaeb71a8540c191019ac.png

2. It is subjectively a bit difficult to see the change in health level without color gradation

Spoiler

_2023-04-20_00-42-12.png.6b07e69114edaa3ee9cddcca8c854081.png

3. I don't understand when these indicators light up

Spoiler

_2023-04-20_00-28-42.thumb.png.f9a1b77570ef0c2dd0fd98ce70655c72.png

4. Maybe you need to add a player mini profile for better visualization

Spoiler

_2023-04-20_00-26-38.png.a8bb78137da9cb8a0d22c8d6a87b9fe5.png

5. Subjectively, on many pages it seems to me that I am looking at them through a fog. I think the faded text can be more contrasting.

Spoiler

_2023-04-20_00-44-08.png.be0d40b1bb3c4e2b72f4d2f4b99ec2d0.png

9 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

1. Little bug in Inbox

Thank you; I'll get this addressed in the next update.

2. It is subjectively a bit difficult to see the change in health level without color gradation

I'll look to see if I want to distinguish the color palette further.  That's been in place since the very first edition, so might not be a high priority.

You can get a loose understanding by hovering over them.  There is a deliberate element of vagueness, though - it is there to give an indication of the type of player based on their performances.  If you/someone really wants to uncover the mystery, they can always browse through the classes!

4. Maybe you need to add a player mini profile for better visualization

Agreed.  I look at what I can do for the next update.

5. Subjectively, on many pages it seems to me that I am looking at them through a fog. I think the faded text can be more contrasting.

The contrast ratio for faded text was selected within the WCAG guideline of 3:1 (regular text is above 12:1).  That said, I think that was compared against "bg".  The match report might be "bg darker" so the contrast ratio might actually be lower.  I'll have a look.

9 minutes ago, GIMN said:

You can get a loose understanding by hovering over them.  There is a deliberate element of vagueness, though - it is there to give an indication of the type of player based on their performances.  If you/someone really wants to uncover the mystery, they can always browse through the classes!

just playing in lower divisions it seemed to me that all these marks would be gray, even if for that division the player is a god

1 minute ago, Olas Nick said:

just playing in lower divisions it seemed to me that all these marks would be gray, even if for that division the player is a god

It's all performance based, so those in lower divisions will still earn archetype badges - as they might be lower quality, but so is the opposition, which may give them more opportunities in certain situations.  Those archetypes will be less frequent than the top leagues, though.  Of course any statistic based measurement will also be a reflection of tactical setups, too.

On 20/04/2023 at 09:05, Olas Nick said:

You have to get used to it, but it works really well. I may not agree with some of the settings, but globally the archetypes and metric values are set up well.

Two examples from my save (Italy - Division 7)

1. Advanced Forward (CF) - in my tactics he must score goals but also create chances. Earned the Fox in the Box (goals) and Maestro (chances) badges. So that roughly corresponds.
  2. Central defender (BPD) - I want someone who is dominant in the air and can pass the ball. But my CB's have only earned the Aggressor badge (heading), but not the Spreader badge (passing). I think they are just a bit hoofed for the badge level required.

So it also corresponds to the level (division) of the team and after getting to know them, the archetypes can be used to find players (transfer targets).

Love to canvas opinion here.  I'm trying to improve the Pizza Chart graphic - got 4 variations - anyone who is so kind to give their thoughts let me know which one you prefer:

image.png.1ccf532bbc3d0bead71792cd247bd2d7.png image.png.417cddecc6b68cd8358ae0427e8df0f4.png image.png.409f1ed559dc23f03cce0289c078409c.png image.png.6fda5f81a447894b4c3985a883930c45.png

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

Love to canvas opinion here.  I'm trying to improve the Pizza Chart graphic - got 4 variations - anyone who is so kind to give their thoughts let me know which one you prefer:

image.png.1ccf532bbc3d0bead71792cd247bd2d7.png image.png.417cddecc6b68cd8358ae0427e8df0f4.png image.png.409f1ed559dc23f03cce0289c078409c.png image.png.6fda5f81a447894b4c3985a883930c45.png

i'm all for 1 and 3, love the round corners

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

1 or 2 for me. I think 3 and 4 bleed into each other a bit and the separation of 1 and 2 makes things a bit easier to distinguish immediately for me. 

6 hours ago, GIMN said:

1 or 3, bute 1 is better

Le 10/04/2023 à 19:46, vonTrips a dit :

This is good idea, please implement this 😉 And can you share concrete numbers of medians (for each of metrics)?

No problem, here it is - czech translation of archetypes (dark graphical version). If you have any non-id text in skin, write me file names please.

human profile.xml 44.14 Ko · 1 download non player profile.xml 66.85 Ko · 1 download non player profile popup panel.xml 23.41 Ko · 1 download player overview panel.xml 64.23 Ko · 1 download player overview popup panel.xml 57.46 Ko · 1 download

Here the FRECNH version

human profile.xml non player profile.xml non player profile popup panel.xml player overview panel.xml player overview popup panel.xml

27 minutes ago, vonTrips said:

Hi, there is new version of Czech translation. Better translations in the context of what each archetype represents. In the ZIP archive there are Dark-Graphical and Light-Graphical versions.

mustermann-czech.zip 65.63 kB · 0 downloads

You're a star!  I've got German coming as well, hopefully, by end of the week.  Hoping to have them all ready to go at the same time.

I've been without my laptop for 76 days (not counting or anything), got it back today and the first thing I do is log onto FM and then I see the amazing development on this skin! Simply phenomenal, well done!

I've messed around with skins before but I'll ask the experts on here, is it possible to separate out the player page into tabs? I like the Pizza Graph and the Archetypes, but I don't love having to scroll down to see other bits of info (laptop is a bit awkward to scroll on). Is there an easy way to do it so that the stats/injury/competition history are their own separate tabs?

1 hour ago, JJJ1303 said:

I've been without my laptop for 76 days (not counting or anything), got it back today and the first thing I do is log onto FM and then I see the amazing development on this skin! Simply phenomenal, well done!

I've messed around with skins before but I'll ask the experts on here, is it possible to separate out the player page into tabs? I like the Pizza Graph and the Archetypes, but I don't love having to scroll down to see other bits of info (laptop is a bit awkward to scroll on). Is there an easy way to do it so that the stats/injury/competition history are their own separate tabs?

Yes, you'll have to put the containers for each section inside a tabbed_container.  Everything is annotated pretty extensively on the player profile, so it shouldn't be too difficult to work out.

On 13/12/2022 at 23:33, GIMN said:

If you take panels/player/player comparison.xml from Mustermann Numerical, you can copy that into the Graphical version - that will restore both the Overview & Attributes tab.

Hey man thanks once again for the updates! That pizza is another outstanding addition. 

Above mentioned file does not seem to exist anymore. How can I get these tabs back in to the comparison on the Graphical version? I tried copying the old file from previous versions, but it doesn't follow my adjusted colour scheme for attributes. 

9 minutes ago, GianniM said:

Hey man thanks once again for the updates! That pizza is another outstanding addition. 

Above mentioned file does not seem to exist anymore. How can I get these tabs back in to the comparison on the Graphical version? I tried copying the old file from previous versions, but it doesn't follow my adjusted colour scheme for attributes. 

That's the file from the default FM skin

player comparison.xml

21 minutes ago, alfonsorarar said:

Hello. This is my first time using this mod. May you kindly share the installation guidelines with me.

Thank you very much.

It installs just like any other skin,

unpack and place the wanted skin in the skins folder Numeric or Graphical

pick in preferences ingame and reload skin

Edited by snowofman

14 hours ago, GIMN said:

That's the file from the default FM skin

Yeah that still gives me the same issue with different attribute colours and thresholds than on the main profile page. Do you know which values this file is picking up? 

7 minutes ago, GianniM said:

Yeah that still gives me the same issue with different attribute colours and thresholds than on the main profile page. Do you know which values this file is picking up? 

They will use the colours and thresholds that you set in the Preferences -> Skin Colour menu

4 minutes ago, GIMN said:

They will use the colours and thresholds that you set in the Preferences -> Skin Colour menu

Yeah that's what I thought, except they don't... I had already changed these to the same values as I did in your settings file, but it's not picking these up:

image.png.77dce13587b78ce3c041fdbc913270db.png

image.png.aee82642a12af26ac08c700fda3f5625.png

image.png.e6eddcca1ac8ec95ec4bf94e6105658f.png

On the comparison tab:

image.png.78230c0b4914611139c0efe3e8f3f9e7.png

On the player's profile:

image.png.c2a62447f81f1de4e473d7d5957a1f77.png

image.png