New Ingame FMScout09 v0.8 Beta

immuner

Great work Immuner,

To those who have tried other scout programmes, this has got to be the best one I've tried for '09.

My only issue, like others have said on this page - is that when I search players with an age and PA parameter (e.g 0-18yrs and 175-200 PA) it returns a list of everyone, old players and naff players!

Do I still need 0.99 version, instead of 1.0 (latest) which I am running?

thanks - and nice to see you are replying to everyone, Immuner!! Excellent work

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great work Immuner,

To those who have tried other scout programmes, this has got to be the best one I've tried for '09.

My only issue, like others have said on this page - is that when I search players with an age and PA parameter (e.g 0-18yrs and 175-200 PA) it returns a list of everyone, old players and naff players!

Do I still need 0.99 version, instead of 1.0 (latest) which I am running?

thanks - and nice to see you are replying to everyone, Immuner!! Excellent work

Agree, this is the best scout out there. I'm back to using 0.99 until 1.1 is out, it works just fine for me.

new version will include positional rating and search by positional rating. will also include export to shortlist by selected rows, export to csv, txt and other cool features. i will also make it an editor but only as an option which you will have to enable in the preferences as this was initially a scout and i dont want people to get confused but there are just too many people asking for editing values(which i respect).

i would like to clarify something though. i understand that for some people positional ratings is better than CA/PA but i hadnt included it so far because this is not a feature included in the game as far as i know and it will be a 3rd party implementation (as it has been until now). i am against those. i have worked in games before and not being knowledgeable of the AI is a minus setback for anything like that (that mostly goes for potential ratings). i assume if someone is advanced enough to look for a 3rd party scout for the hidden attributes of the game, then he can also guess if he sees a player with very high PA and his current attributes whether they will involve. For example a regen DC with PA 194, short height and tacking 2 at the age of 18 would never be a very good defender.

However, there is a way to predict that and this is what i have implemented. I hope it will be helpful for you people who need it.

Again v1.0 is buggy use v0.99.

v1.1 will be different in terms of layout (hopefully faster scouting-editing for you).

All the features that are currently available in the scout are the only ones that are available in the framework. As soon as anything else becomes available, i will include it. This goes for all your requests. :)

I hope i have answered some of your questions.

Thank you guys!

I have finished the scouting version, but i have some issues with positional ratings. I also need to finish implementing the editing part. As soon as these are ready, I will send a test version to the people who have requested it and a couple of days later will release it. Need to make sure there are no weird bugs for anyone.

Also a new version of the framework will be released soon which will fix several problems (one of them the EU member support).

If you wish, i could release a public test version rather than a limited one, but it will be for bug testing mainly.

I have finished the scouting version, but i have some issues with positional ratings. I also need to finish implementing the editing part. As soon as these are ready, I will send a test version to the people who have requested it and a couple of days later will release it. Need to make sure there are no weird bugs for anyone.

Also a new version of the framework will be released soon which will fix several problems (one of them the EU member support).

If you wish, i could release a public test version rather than a limited one, but it will be for bug testing mainly.

I'm in favour for public testing. You'll get more bug reports and iron them out quicker.

Thank you nikeddy.

If anyone is willing to translate the scout to different languages for v1.2 send me an email. It will already be translated onto italian by Umberto. I can do greek myself, but i would prefer if someone else would do it, that's fine :)

immuner - just one question.

I dunno why but it seems that if the editor says the sale value of player is X it means i need to pay atleast double than it to buy the player.

for example: if the sale value of a player is 30M pounds(int he editor) it means i need to offer over 50M pounds just to buy it.

is it my problem or the editors ?

are you sure you are using the correct currency? its by default in euros.

sale values are different in fm09 as far as i know. sale value is more like a reference value rather than a static one as in previous versions, so it could easily vary (that much though? i'm not sure).

Here is a copy/paste patch for displaying real asking price for players in FM09.

The file (xml) was originally published by watszn from game.ali213.net and might be derived from some FM08 skin pack (Sorry I don't know the skin name).

Instruction

1. Download the file (7kB in rar) here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AJCSPIT7.

2. Unzip the file, a folder named 'panels' should be generated, which has two xml files in it.

3. Put that folder into "X:\Documents and Settings\*****\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\", unless you have set your own 'User Data Folder'.

4. Run FM2009, uncheck 'Use Skin Cache' and tick 'Always Reload Skin On Confirm' in Peferences, and confirm.

5. Go to squad list of any club, select 'Views->Transfer', or go to your Shortlist (by default should be View->Others), 'Price' column will be displayed which shows the asking price.

ps, generally it is accurate, but if you want to buy a player from one of your rivals, blah blah blah...

Is it posible to implement this thing to your tool?

Hi immuner, i'm new to this and require a bit of help!!

When i click load on your scout an error pops up saying something along the lines of "unhandled exception has occured... could not load file or assembly" any idea what my problem is?

Any help would be greatlty appreciated!

what do you mean? so to get a better asking price?

i had a look and it has a min and max asking price.....i guess thats the issue. we need to get that in the framework....ill try

The "price" column is what you are after. It isn't normally available in game. The min and max asking price is always available under the scouting section if you've scouted a player. The "price" column only shows up if you use the modded .xml files, and that appears to be the accurate asking value.

Hi immuner, i'm new to this and require a bit of help!!

When i click load on your scout an error pops up saying something along the lines of "unhandled exception has occured... could not load file or assembly" any idea what my problem is?

Any help would be greatlty appreciated!

Do you have the .NET framework 3.5 SP 1 installed? That was my problem when I got this message?

Sorry for taking longer. Had some personal issues to take care off, plus one thing led to another and added more things to the tool. Probably will release the new version tomorrow afternoon (GMT time). Seems it wont work with new patch, but i will release test version first to have something to test and then install the patch and give it a go from there :).

Have a nice night people

Would it be possible to add an option so that CA and PA does not by default limit searches to values between 100 and 200. Playing in the very low leagues, this is a (admittably minor) annoyance!

Keep up the good work!

same accuracy as before im afraid, need to change the framework for that.

Test version is out! Play with it and let me know.

Thanks to all the people who have sent me an email or pm to participate on that. I have made it public, so that i can get better feedback.

Thank you again.

Archived