FM2009 9.3.0 Harpenden Town Thread - Ad Summa Tendendum

arsenal_2111

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harpenden Town are useless, watching them cling on to a point against the mighty New Bradwell like desperate old mountain goats means they are probably the worst team i've ever seen play, well if ya call chasing shadows playing football

Harpenden Town are useless, watching them cling on to a point against the mighty New Bradwell like desperate old mountain goats means they are probably the worst team i've ever seen play, well if ya call chasing shadows playing football

and the point of this post is what exactly

Erm.. Arsenal. You do this on the new update?

It's done on the 9.1 version of the game, the latest patch. When new patches are released I will redo the game, as I will if there are any problems.

I also signed Theo Robinson and Jordan Parkes on loan fro Watford

I'm off to bed now, will post up my squad in the morning, got a few too many players tbh, need to trim I think.

Won't quote your squad, takes too much room.

I don't think your squad is too big. The physio at this level are crap, so you may get a lot of injuries. They're free, too. If you don't need some release them mid season.

When will we be able to download the club badges and kits please guys

Having a few problems with that. Manumoss made them and did a great job, but the home kit needs resizing. Manumoss' computer with Photoshop is broken, and Markcator3006's Photoshop isn't working. If you know anyone on here with Photoshop could you tell me please?

It's a game. I made a challenge, it's nothing to do with Harpenden Town IRL. Except stadium name and owner. If you're going to post make it worthwhile.

need i mention to you that they were created by a fan of the club

Echoing my previous comment, they have hardly anything to do with Harpenden Town IRL.

Need I remind people to distinguish between real life and a game. If your not going to discuss Harpenden Town in FM09 then don't post :thup:

and the point of this post is what exactly

It had as much point as yours does ATM;)

Not as much as Lindsay Lohan i bet.

Who do they replace in the database?

I can't remember who they replace TBH.

Last year they completely replaced Hampton and Richmond. This year I didn't want to delete any teams from the game, so I made a completely new team and just moved other teams down devisions. I can't remember who though, sorry.

As your Lindsay Lohan thing, WTH?

Sorry for long post:)

Agreed. Just leave us alone to play the game and stop spoiling the thread.

Arsenal - Its just that sometimes when i was watching the games on 2d the players were small so it thought it was done on the old patch.

Nw.

I'm enjoying this one alot now as i have been sorting out my Laptop all day i.e deleting music, films, pictures, Programs i dont need anymore and finally FM08.. More memory now and it's running alot smoother.

I think i am going to use Ben Harper next season incase he gets interest from others this season then he'll end up going knowing my luck so i want him on a contract then i'll use him.

Well I've got many of the same players as you (and Sean) do Craig, so I guess I'm alright too. It's just hard to tell at the moment, since I haven't played any games yet, so I really have no idea how good the team is.

Willy Robert looks ace, and I guess he and N'Diaye will form an amazing partnership!

Does anyone have any good loan recommendations? I've only loaned Jordan Parkes so far, but hopefully I'll be able to lure a couple more players to play a season or two at Rothampsted Park :)

Yeah NozEE Robert is mint and N'Diaye aint done much for me but he does help him out alot. And i was the same not knowing how they will perform but it seems its going alright, Most of my first team will get contracts.

Alright, transfers almost done and I think I have a great squad (well, for Blue Square South atleast ;))!

First friendly won 10-0 against IFK Hëmpstead!

You lot are going to do better than me again:)

I only beat IFK 4-0:(

TBF my old IFK team would've done the same to you ;)

Yay, season's about to start as we stand to face Hayes & Yeading in the Harps first league match ever!

We've been slight underdogs in this match, and massive underdogs to gain promotion, as the bookmakers have priced us 5000-1!

Friendly results:

vs IFK Hëmpstead: 10-0 WIN

vs Neath: 4-0 WIN

vs Solihull Moors: 3-1 WIN

vs Gainsborough: 1-1 DRAW

vs Abingdon: 5-0 WIN

vs Watford: 1-1 DRAW

The season has already been saved for the fans, as we drew 1-1 against Watford in a game where we stood no chance. Watford dominated from start till finish, shown by their 62% ball possession and 16 shots compared to our 3 shots. However, it's the result that counts and it says that we at them moment are just as good as Watford :D

Update after the first league game!

I'm in 7th December, top of the league by 11 points after 19 games. I've won 12 and drew 7. Scored 44, conceded 11. Willy has 22 goals, Theo Robinson 9 and N'Diaye has 7. The rest of the goals are spred pretty evenly between the midfield players with a couple of defenders chipping in.

Still in the cups aswell, one match away from quarters in the Conference League Cup and in third round of F.A Trophy.

Absolutely loving this game atm! :D:D

First game over - and with a win!

We got a horrible start, as Ablancourt didn't clear an easy ball, and then we down 0-1 after only 1 minute. A minute later we got the chance to get even as we we're awarded a penalty but Ablancourt missed.

We really was the best team and in the 39th minute, Guichard scores directly on freekick from 35 yards and we're even.

5 minutes later N'Diaye finds Robert with a nice through ball and the deadly striker doesn't miss an easy chance. 2-1.

In the 73th minute, the substitute Besson ends the game as he scores on a header after a corner kick.

Guichard scored the first official goal for Harpenden, and was also the first to be names man of the match.

Ablancourt had a horrible game, costing us a goal, missing a penalty, getting the Harps first yellow card ever, and finishing with a 4.4 rating when substituted.

Doesn't matter, I'm just glad we're started out well :)

On a sitenote: a massive 648 season tickets have been sold!

Yeah it's sometimes nice to win ugly but you won and thats the best thing.

Will we be able to build stadium in the future because its at 1,200 iirc and its going to be a struggle making dollah in L2 with that.

Which keeper are you using Craig?

All league results so far:

Home vs Hayes & Yeading: 3-1 WIN

Home vs Braintree: 7-2 WIN

Away vs Maidenhead: 3-0 WIN

Away vs Bognor Regis: 3-0 WIN

Good results, and we're comfortably placed 1st in the league :)

Anyway, no more updates today, I'll log off the internet now and play some more games and then report back tomorrow :)

think he meant can the existing stadium be expanded... and the answer is yes :) too 13650 i believe..

sorry .. i should point out ive been paying close notice of this thread as i missed last years challenge... and am eager to get in on this one :) .. il post my squad when i start...

great job once again guys

Archived