FM2009 9.3.0 Harpenden Town Thread - Ad Summa Tendendum

arsenal_2111

doh ... you what i did?.. i only skimmed over the countries to load and loaded :-

''Other nations that are good to load include:

Scandinavian Countries such as Sweden and Finland

Romania

Brazil

Argentina

Italy

Spain

Germany ''

those.... but not :-

''The majority of the players on the shortlist are French(France), Dutch(Holland), Polish(Poland) or Reunionese(Reunion)''

sigh... loading again :)

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

forestfan6

Welcome to the thread and forum:)

Harpenden don't play in the FA Cup for a few years because new club don't enter it until 3 years after their creation. So you'll have to wait a couple of seasons. But there's the Setanta Shield and the FA Trophy for you. One has been renamed though :doh:

Cheers Arsenal.

just into the new year and top of the league and going to wembley so not bad will post some screenshots when ive figured it out prop.

by the way look for a polish left winger called luba had him fm08 with forest and just got him now stats amazing for bss.

i was just wondering when you press print screen it comes up what format you want

web page

text

other one which i cant remember

which one do i use??????????

You using Windows? If so the instructions on the opening post or FAQ should work:

IV. How do I Post a Screenshot?

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Or

1. Ensure that Football Manager 2008 is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Thanks to ThE bOmBeR for alerting me to the second function! - Both of the above are for both normal Windows and Window Vista

20 games played in the league and we're 9 points clear with a game in hand after 17 wins and 3 draws and a goalscore of 51-9 \o/

On the downside, we were knocked out of the Conference League Cup in the first round with a 1-2 defeat against Worcester in a game where Didier Caro scored a blaster of an own goal with a shot from 25 yards.. Must be goal of the season :D

Anyway, we're also through to the F.A. Trophy second round where we will meet the non league team Dartford, which should be a walkover.

To me it dont seem much but i see how that it's going to show alot.:)

NozEE - Going good:) Seems you will go up with ease keeping everyone fit you'll be alright:) I hope you win one of the cups and good luck.

Arsenal - What do you think would be the most reasonable wage to be spending a week?

I'm in April now, 16 points clear in the league with 2 games in hand. I lost my first match of the season in March, 0-1 away to Hampton & Richmond. Robert has completely dried up, I can't remember exactly but the last time I recall him scoring was in February!! Good job Theo Robinson and Michalowski have been pulling 30-40 yarders out their a**es! Will post update when season is finished.

To me it dont seem much but i see how that it's going to show alot.:)

NozEE - Going good:) Seems you will go up with ease keeping everyone fit you'll be alright:) I hope you win one of the cups and good luck.

Arsenal - What do you think would be the most reasonable wage to be spending a week?

You can't spend anything ATM, so you'll have to wait until you become pre/semi-pro.

After that it depends on your budget.

Haven't played this at all tonight...

Season 1 almost over.. Will post a report once it's done :)

I reckong it'll be hard finding some improvements for the squad next season.. How have you gone about that, Craig? Or have you just left the squad as it is? I think it does have potential to do good enough to secure promotion from the BSP, but I'd like some small improvements...

I've left most of the squad as last season, Released ones i never played and some old ones and released all my Reserves & U18s. Not signed anyone yet but i am looking to sign 2 loanees from Watford Aisnworth & Jenkins, The rest are french and are freebies so if i get the targets i want i will be set for the season i hope.

Season 1 is done, and what a season!

We had an almost flawless first year - only downside was the 1st round knockout of the Conference League Cup.

In the league we had no problems at all, and walked our way to promotion securing the league title on the 15th or March, and finishing the season unbeaten in the league with a great goalscore.

League table:

leaguetablenv3.th.jpg

We managed to secure another title, as we won the F.A. Trophy after a 2-1 win against Crawley in the final.

F.A. Trophy final stats:

fatrophyhn4.th.jpg

Top performers were Yohan Guichard who was amazing on the right wing, scoring goals and making assists for the rest of the team, Maciej Mysiak who did brilliant as the defensive minded central midfielder, breaking up the opposition while still contributing offensively. Souleymane N'Diaye finished the season as our topscorer and also made a fair share of assists, while Eric Farro did almost as good as Guichard on the opposite side of the pitch.

Willy Robert managed to finish the season much better than he started it, and in the end he scored 25 goals overall.

There were no real dissapointments during the season. However, I will be looking for a decent backup striker for next season as none of my reserves really took their chances well.

End of season stats:

teamstatspc3.th.jpg

On the economic side, our finances slowly increased during the season especially as a result of gate receipts and prize money.

Finances:

financesxo4.th.jpg

A final screenshot showing the Harpenden records for the first season:

recordsvt4.th.jpg

One of the most spectactular records isn't shown on the screenshot however. It's N'Diaye's 12 seconds goal against Newport County :D

I'm really looking forward to next season, where we hopefully will gain our second consecutive promotion, but I might need to bring in a couple of reinforcements to the squad.

Nice game there NozEE similar to me but you won the F.A Trophy! Well done. Just watch out when the board take the money off you to build some seats.

I also see your keeper got some assists.. He do the long ball then one of your players just take touch, shoot, score? If so then sounds wicked mine did a few:)

Nice game there NozEE similar to me but you won the F.A Trophy! Well done. Just watch out when the board take the money off you to build some seats.

I also see your keeper got some assists.. He do the long ball then one of your players just take touch, shoot, score? If so then sounds wicked mine did a few:)

Yeah, funny thing is that my keeper was joint 1st place on the assist chart. And yes, he just knock the ball upfield and a striker takes care of the rest :D

I'd sell him mate. Just get someone on loan to take his place, Maybe someone on loan from watford unless you look for another parent but it replaces watford so make sure you choose a prem team if you get one.. I chose Spurs.

Tell me how it goes mate.

Amateur clubs can't spend any money from transfer budgets or wage budgets, so they can't get the money. It goes into the bank balance.

No idea why. It happens IRL too..

Oh well I don't really mind it going into the bank balance.. I just misread your comment so that the club in some weird way would lose the money :)

Thanks anyway!

Quentin Boesso just sold for a whooping 220k, and he wasn't even a first team regular :D

lol same story here, Craig. Not getting much done on my examn assignment, as Harpenden takes up a lot of the time :D

Parkes is great arsenal. Had Avinel on loan too, but tbh he wasn't that good so I terminated the loan after three months time. No experience with Robinson.

So I'm 8 games into the second season, and we're currently on top of the league with 6 wins and 2 draws and a goalscore og 17-4.

Things are looking great :)

Nice one NozEE keep it up.

Onto my completed season & it was a season to remember! Started off bright then faded around xmas moving me from 2nd to 5th and managing to stay in the play offs for a couple of months then after the window i started to pick up the pace with winter signings Mary and Devineau who have done amazing since joining. After Jan i managed to win 10 in a row before drawing to the league leaders Luton but was an earned draw which kept me many points behind Luton all season and looked they took the league home with them at the end of xmas. Managed to stay 2nd all season then on and got to the final of the Play offs and F.A Trophy.

Here is the link again for this seasons update:)

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p178/iHustler/FM%20Harpenden%20season%202/

Congratulations on the promotion! Hopefully I'll be able to do as well :D

N'Diaye is great, I agree... I'm gonna play Leroy ahead of Robert this season it seems.. He's been doing a lot better than Robert anyways. I didn't manage to sell Robert before end of the transfer window. Funny thing - in the start of the transfer window I had like a million offers for him but rejected them. As I realised I might be able to get a decent amount of money for him, I offered him to clubs, but no one came back with an offer even though like 20 clubs were interested :D Well, I guess I'm gonna try and sell him in the january window again if a decent offer comes in.

Archived