FM2009 9.3.0 Harpenden Town Thread - Ad Summa Tendendum

arsenal_2111

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mini update

so far so good this season. Strange thing though, The strikers aint scoring as much its the Defender - Ablancourt. Scoring 9 out of the 28 in all comps.

The results so far are:

3-1 away - Havant and Waterlooville.

4-0 home - Braintree.

5-0 away - Fisher.

5-1 home - Welling.

3-0 away - Hayes and Yeading.

3-1 home - Hayes and Yeading(setanta shield)

5-0 home - Basingstoke.

So after 6 league games and 1 cup game we are doing mighty well sitting at the top of the league on +23 GD and 18 pts, 4 pts clear of AFC Wimbledon who are 2nd.

Scorers:

Albancourt - 9

Vaz - 6

Javary - 4

Gangate - 3

Robert - 2

Harper, Guichard, Rasolofo & Boesso - 1.

Patrick Vaz is the top assister with 8.

So far i have got 26k in the bank balance.

I have got.. Reunion, France, Holland and Poland loaded.

Just the English leagues loaded & Medium Database.

That probably explains why you are getting through it so much quicker. I have;

Large database

Leagues loaded

England (all divisions)

France (top division)

Germany (top division)

Holland (top division)

Italy (top division)

Portugal (top division)

Scotland (top division)

Spain (top division)

All players from

Argentina

Belgium

Brazil

Chile

Croatia

Czech Republic

Denmark

Egypt

Finland

Greece

Hungary

Ivory Coast

Malta

Mexico

Nigeria

Norway

Poland

Reunion

Romania

Russia

San Marino

Senegal

Slovenia

Sweden

Yemen

:D

Ha, this looks brilliant. I might just have to start here.

Though I saw NUFCSean's posting with his team and saw Rudi Pounoussamy in goals. This brings back hideous memories of dark, dark times at Raith Rovers with Claude Anelka in charge. This guy is one awful goalkeeper, absolutely shocking, even at the Scottish Lower League level.

Additionally, Jean-Phillipe Javary is also a Raith Rovers old boy and an absolute legend of a player. His mistimed, ill advised two footed lunges on the opposition players are right up there with his ability to run past anyone with a football. Class player IMO.

Welcome to the thread Raith Revival, hope you have fun :)

Pounoussamy is actually a pretty good lower league keeper. He's got 10/11's in most important stats, and could be good. I didn't sign him though, I got Wesley Barnard, Mikhel Peters, Ludovic Grondin and Theirry Goree. Goree is my first choice.

I signed Javary, he's my best attacking centre midfielder. Thing is, his stats are spread around quite a lot (e.g. an unnessecary 15 in heading) so he isn't as good as he could be.

michaeltmurrayuk is making background logo's for me, so on the squad screen etc they have a background. I'll reupload the graphics when it's done.

Harper is on his fifth game now, has scored two goals and never got less than 7.1! Top of the league, and just had a great game that I came from 1-0 down after 45 minutes to win 4-1!

I'll do a proper update in January, which could be a while (in October now) !

Wooo 9.3 Harps finally!!

Just downloaded, setting up game now. Can't wait to get into this like the 08 one, one of the most enjoyable games I've played. I'm gonna try make this my long term game, should be able to get quite a way in by the time is ready for FM10 lol. Will post updates when I can :D

Thanks James, yeah I know :/ Why hasn't he bought 09 yet anyway?

Disc drive is broken on his computer I think, or maybe he got it fixed but is going to wait until FM10 anyway? I'm not 100% sure, but he isn't planning on getting it.

:( Unlucky mate.

I'm just downloading the graphics now.

Results so far:

2-0 vs. Fischer

4-0 vs. Newport County

2-2 vs. Eastleigh

2-0 vs. Worcester

4-0 vs. Weston-super-Mare

5-0 vs. Thurrock (Setanta Shield)

3-1 vs. Chelmsford

2-1 vs. Bishop's Stortford

Top scorers:

Rasolofo - 6

Guichard - 5

Roger - 4

Top assists if Roger with 6 and Guichard has highest average rating with 7.84 :)

Hmm just coming to the end of November and I think I'm going to have big trouble in trying to keep my players. I've already lost Vaz to some French team, he's leaving in January. Then there's another 12 of my players wanted by about 8 clubs each :( Anyone else got this?

Hi

This seems like a great idea and im really keen on doing it, but i can't get the database to work. I downloaded the file, but it saves as a.rar so there is no 'extract all' option. And the database doesn't turn up on the list. What am i doing wrong?

For some unknown reason i cant download the game or the shortlists on my Stupid PC! Can the reunion players be found on a normal save, say with cambridge or Burton or are they only available or any good on the Harpendon game?

For some unknown reason i cant download the game or the shortlists on my Stupid PC! Can the reunion players be found on a normal save, say with cambridge or Burton or are they only available or any good on the Harpendon game?

Nope, they can be found on any game as long as you load Reunion. But, as Harpenden are the only playable amateur club in England, you will have to pay wagesto them for other clubs.

I've almost finished my season, some good, some terrible, but it's been great :D Will do a season report soon

Right, it's been a long season and a long time since I last did a season update on a save game of mine. But here goes;

Blue Square South

Tore up the league, amounting 102 points and having won the league by April 11. Tactics were nothing special, a simple 4-4-2 for most of the season but, towards the end of the season, I decided to use the 4-1-1-2-2 tactic that did wonders for my Arsenal side. This let me use my best players, although I sometimes had a few problems with wingers.

Cups

Neither of these were anything special, lost reasonably early on in both of these two matches.

Squad & Transfers

This was the most disapointing season I've ever had, transfer wise. I got in a lot of players who were all great, but I also lost a few on free transfers. Thierry Goree, Willy Robert, Patrick Vaz, Cedric Besson and, most annoyingly, Ben Harper all got approached by other clubs and moved on. Although this wasn't a problem, as I replaced them all with ease, I would have prefered to have players I was more familiar with that randomers. My squad is huge, the players in the screenshot are just a fraction of my overall players, who are in my reserves.

Out of these players, I would have to say my star is a young Reunionese regen called Wilifried Kuntz. I hate that name, and decided that Konté was a better name for him. As he often played on AML he wasn't as impressive as he would have been as a striker, but I was very pleased with him.

Moment of the Season

It has to be my win over Worchester.

Drawing 0-0 in a game that had been approached by a lot of mind games from each manager, Konté scored a last minute penalty to win the game for me - certainly one of the more satisfying moments of the season!

General Season Review

Starting how I mean to go on - but I have a feeling this isn't going to be plain sailing. Like I've said before, last years game was quite possibly the best game I've ever played on Football Manager. From the first season of this save, this one certainly has the potential to match it.

Manager wise it was a great season, despite losing some key players the team stayed strong and I reckon this is a team that can survive in the BSP. I just hope we can get semi pro status so I can tie down my best players - Konté, Rasalofo, Payet and Gangate.

Targets for next season

It's obvious, really. It's got to be survival, but I'm quietly confident I can get that. Mostly I would like to secure myself in the BSP before getting promoted again, but hopefully not for as long as on 08! As long as I can keep my players I should be fine, and it should be a great second season!

Yep, 15 of my players are wanted :( (out of 30)

Luckily Goree accepted my new amateur contract rather than joining them :D

Is there a way to stop teams from buying all your players? All of my first team is wanted and I'll lose the league if they all leave.

EDIT; Just lost half my team ;( what am I supposed to do now?

Go to Holland's national team page, then to 'Domestic' on the left hand side.

Go to transfers, and make the teams they have gone to alphabetical. You will find a lot of players have been released.

Loads of these are class, try signing some. Also, Reunion may have some new players now.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The answer to both of your questions is that it varies. At the level it is, however, it will probably be quite a while before training is made better.

Semi-pro normally comes after the first season, if you get promotion. Professional comes when you get promoted to League 2.

:)

• 3 months later...

Archived