FM2009 9.3.0 Harpenden Town Thread - Ad Summa Tendendum

arsenal_2111

About to play this again for the first time since wed and i am going to be looking around for young talent team seems it is full of pentioners and needs some youth in it.

Got one good youth though which came in last season, LB Dave Ward i think he'll be loaned out until end of this season and we'll see on from there.

Any know some youthies in the 3rd season?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Balde is the same quality player he was last year, maybe even slightly better thanks to his amazing pace, which in the lower leagues is a fantastic stat to have. Jurak, on the other hand, while still Harpenden quality, has gotten slightly worse, but can still be a good player.

Going to take a look at Jurak he don't seem that good on my game with Finishing at 9 but composure is higher but i do hope his stats go up in future. Anyone want to see my current team then it might help a little to who i should sign?

Also, My youth regen Dave Ward does anyone want a image of him?

Well here is he guys. Looks quite good for his age IMO, And he can learn to be a LWB too i'm wondering? He must be able to get better in the future and he was out on loan to Barrow for a few of months last season so that must be signs he is a prospect.

They is also teams from L1 and L2 interested in him and it has in brackets end of contract so i am going to get him to sign a new one and he wants one til 2013 which sounds good.

DaveWard.png

Hello!

I haven't posted something decent on here the last couple of days, but I've been busy with an assignment at the university, so not much time for FM unfortunately. Besides, I'm also playing as Arsenal which has been my main priority the last few days.

Anyway, I'm in League Two, too, after winning the Blue Square Premier with 13 draws and only 1 defeat. Also won the Conference Cup, but lost in the final of the F.A. Trophy.

I was a bit surprised that I was in the F.A. Cup aswell - I thought we weren't to participate until 3rd season? - but we were knocked out as fast as we were put in anyway...

Haven't been able to find some decent reinforcements for the next season tbh, so I guess it'll be an uphill battle to do well in League Two.

In case anyone's been able to find some prospects that might join a League Two team in 3rd season, you're more than welcome to let me know :)

Hello!

I haven't posted something decent on here the last couple of days, but I've been busy with an assignment at the university, so not much time for FM unfortunately. Besides, I'm also playing as Arsenal which has been my main priority the last few days.

Anyway, I'm in League Two, too, after winning the Blue Square Premier with 13 draws and only 1 defeat. Also won the Conference Cup, but lost in the final of the F.A. Trophy.

I was a bit surprised that I was in the F.A. Cup aswell - I thought we weren't to participate until 3rd season? - but we were knocked out as fast as we were put in anyway...

Haven't been able to find some decent reinforcements for the next season tbh, so I guess it'll be an uphill battle to do well in League Two.

In case anyone's been able to find some prospects that might join a League Two team in 3rd season, you're more than welcome to let me know :)

Last year it was 3 years as clubs have to be 3 years old. This year they are down as being created a year ago, as it is a carry on from last year. So it must be two years this time.

I'm loving this atm. First game of the season and sharing lutons stadium, 8500k+ fans turned up!:D Brought quite a bit of dollah in too, Shame i am not going to be there all season got to move back in Dec least this is going to help me with some money coming in tbf, 6k for wages a week aint too bad either.

Anyone else this far? (3rd season)

does ben harper always start with the same position or is it random? left midfielder and striker is pretty obscure...

Yeah, I set it to that. I wanted something different. I planned to do it the same last year but for some reason it wouldn't let me, it only let me do AML/ST not ML/ST.

And 'the creator' has a name;):D

yeah, watford is the parent club.

most of the players on the shortlist wouldnt join though :( but nevermind, im poised to take 1st place in the BSS with the game i have in hand :) ideal.

if the badges and that could be done, it would be amazing. if you tell me where to find them, i'll do it. its fairly easy, isnt it?

I live in Hemel and didn't even know Harpenden had a team :D

I've been doing the same as you with Kings Langley for years

BTW - do you have Watford as a parent club?

I live in Hemel too, actually.

Woolworths sale was awful, there was nothing good for cheap. I ended up going to Poundland instead.

Have you seen what JJB is now? Its some tacky furniture place:eek:

yeah, watford is the parent club.

most of the players on the shortlist wouldnt join though :( but nevermind, im poised to take 1st place in the BSS with the game i have in hand :) ideal.

if the badges and that could be done, it would be amazing. if you tell me where to find them, i'll do it. its fairly easy, isnt it?

No idea if it's easy, I've asked someone if he would be able to do them. Not sure of an answer yet.

I live in Hemel too, actually.

Woolworths sale was awful, there was nothing good for cheap. I ended up going to Poundland instead.

Have you seen what JJB is now? Its some tacky furniture place:eek:

Haven't been anywhere since my car seized on Wednesday :(

Got a few questions for you if I may

I'm obviously drawing comparisons with my Kings Langley game (I just start with no players and no money and only sign players on frees - I'm in the BSS and am part time)

1. how easy is it to sign players on amateur contracts and can you sign players on amateur contract if you are semi pro?

2. are you entered in the FA Cup while still an amateur team?

3. how do you find the finances after you turn semi pro? - I can never sell any players (even my good ones) for more than £0

4. why not Hemel as a feeder? - is it because you are amateur?

Good thread BTW :)

Haven't been anywhere since my car seized on Wednesday :(

Got a few questions for you if I may

I'm obviously drawing comparisons with my Kings Langley game (I just start with no players and no money and only sign players on frees - I'm in the BSS and am part time)

1. how easy is it to sign players on amateur contracts and can you sign players on amateur contract if you are semi pro?

2. are you entered in the FA Cup while still an amateur team?

3. how do you find the finances after you turn semi pro? - I can never sell any players (even my good ones) for more than £0

4. why not Hemel as a feeder? - is it because you are amateur?

Good thread BTW :)

1. The shortlist that I made on the first post has a lot of good players who are happy to sign amateur contracts. Yes, you can sign players on amateur contracts when your semi pro but you have the risk of people signing them for no fee.

2. Amateur teams are entered into the FA Cup, but as Harpenden are only a year old they aren't. Clubs over 3 years old only compete in the FA Cup, so even if you are still amateur in 2010 you will be in the FA Cup.

3. Normally the finances are alright. If you only have players you need then your finances should be fine, and you should be able to improve a lot.

4. Because I didn't think of it TBH, I will consider it for 9.2.1:thup:

Anyone like to give me some tips on who to sign in the second season for my year in the Blue Square ???

Ronaldo :D

I started a new game and changed Kings Langley to Amateur - also changed Hemel to Amateur and kept them as my feeder club. Also created 22 senior players (2 for each position, just like Jose) - signed a lot of 14-16 year olds for the future - loads of talent there

As long as you have your Ass Man filtering the scouted players then most of them will sign an amateur contract

Finances are fine - I set my opening balance to £1 and am £45k up within the first 6 weeks

My club was formed in 2000 so no probs with the FA Cup then

Now the weird stuff I never got as a part time club

Better Coaches, Scouts and Physios will all sign amateur contracts - even had one from Celtic interested but obviously I couldn't pay the compensation

All the players seem to be training better- loads of yellow and green arrows even with my crap facilities

My strikers are scoring!!

This just made FM interesting again :)

Archived