FM2009 9.3.0 Harpenden Town Thread - Ad Summa Tendendum

arsenal_2111

Well didnt really give me anything there hahaha

I got carried away :D

Try and get Liam Henderson (ST) from Watford on a season loan also Billy Gibson AMR/L both very good - should both sign from a parent club - did for me in the BSS

Henderson is banging in the goals in my first season

BTW - this being an amateur club lark is brilliant - made £210k profit in my first season and players like Trevor Benjamin will sign an amateur contract!!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also created 22 senior players (2 for each position, just like Jose)

My club was formed in 2000 so no probs with the FA Cup then

TBH not having any players and not competing in the FA Cup from the start was one of the main aspects of the challenge. Especially not having any players.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Theres a couple of added things in it, such as a new feeder club/B Team(Harpenden Rovers). There is also a changes list in it, I will post it up...

Full List of Changes in Harpenden Town 9.2.0

---------------------
Competition Name Changes
---------------------

English Premier Division -> Barclays Premier League
English League Cup       -> Carling Cup
Conference League Cup    -> Setanta Shield
English FA Cup           -> FA Cup
English FA Trophy        -> FA Trophy
English Community Shield -> Community Shield
EURO Champions Cup       -> UEFA Champions League
EURO Cup                 -> UEFA Cup
EURO Vase                -> Intertoto Cup

---------------------
Media Sources Added
---------------------

The Sun
The Harpenden News
Match!
Four Four Two
Match of the Day Magazine
St. Albans and Harpenden Review
harpendentown.com
HTFans
The Harpenden Observer
Nintendo Sport

---------------------
Changes to Team's Competitions
---------------------

Harpenden Town   -> England non league               -> Blue Square South
Team Bath        -> Blue Square South                -> Isthmian League Premier Division
Canvey Island    -> Isthmian League Premier Division -> England non league
IFK Hempstead    -> New Club                         -> Sweden non league
Harpenden Rovers -> New Club                         -> England non league

There are also some good young players added, at various clubs. I haven't mentioned any of their names though.

I won't be doing a 9.3.0 for a while I don't think, unless I get bored. I think there will be more interest after people have played with their favorite clubs on 9.3.0.

Theres a couple of added things in it, such as a new feeder club/B Team(Harpenden Rovers). There is also a changes list in it, I will post it up...

Full List of Changes in Harpenden Town 9.2.0

---------------------
Competition Name Changes
---------------------

English Premier Division -> Barclays Premier League
English League Cup       -> Carling Cup
Conference League Cup    -> Setanta Shield
English FA Cup           -> FA Cup
English FA Trophy        -> FA Trophy
English Community Shield -> Community Shield
EURO Champions Cup       -> UEFA Champions League
EURO Cup                 -> UEFA Cup
EURO Vase                -> Intertoto Cup

---------------------
Media Sources Added
---------------------

The Sun
The Harpenden News
Match!
Four Four Two
Match of the Day Magazine
St. Albans and Harpenden Review
harpendentown.com
HTFans
The Harpenden Observer
Nintendo Sport

---------------------
Changes to Team's Competitions
---------------------

Harpenden Town   -> England non league               -> Blue Square South
Team Bath        -> Blue Square South                -> Isthmian League Premier Division
Canvey Island    -> Isthmian League Premier Division -> England non league
IFK Hempstead    -> New Club                         -> Sweden non league
Harpenden Rovers -> New Club                         -> England non league

There are also some good young players added, at various clubs. I haven't mentioned any of their names though.

I won't be doing a 9.3.0 for a while I don't think, unless I get bored. I think there will be more interest after people have played with their favorite clubs on 9.3.0.

Mid-January Update

Results

http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02212009132658.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02212009132837.jpg

Since the Weston-super-mare game i have changed from a lone striker to two strikers and have won 4 in 4

League Table

http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02212009131409.jpg

As you can see unbeaten thus far in the league (and all competitions:D) N'Diaye has been nothing short of a beast leading the scoring charts with 15 goals. But the magic is really happening in my midfield as you will see from the player stats below. Defense is good considering i only have two Centre-backs (Besson and Lagrand).

http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02212009131831.jpg

Cups

Currently in the Semi-finals of the conference League cup (knocked out Kettering in the Quarters) and the third round of the FA Trophy (knocked out Lewes in the round) and still are going strong. Although recently i have changed from having a lone striker to changing the system to two strikers it seems a success as Robert who really lacked anything when playing in the Lone role now has 2 in 2 with the new tactic.

Transfers

All credit to arsenal_2111 for the shortlist he has made available as pretty much my entire team is collected from it.

http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02212009132257.jpg

there is my squad. I got Chelsea as a Parent club and they gave my Daniel Philliskirk who has been pretty good in the midfield for me.

Now one question, do you think the team i have there is capable of succeeding in the Blue Square Premier?

Now one question, do you think the team i have there is capable of succeeding in the Blue Square Premier?

To be honest if you have the players from the shortlist then you should do quite well. But I would recommend signing some more players, either on loan or for free, to play in the BSP.

Get Artur Skiba:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

in regards to the first post

"Other nations that are good to load include:

Scandinavian Countries such as Sweden and Finland"

Finland isn't a Scandinavian country. Scandinavia is Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Finland is however part of the Nordic countries, as is Denmark, Norway and Sweden together with The Faroe Islands, Greenland and Åland.

in regards to the first post

"Other nations that are good to load include:

Scandinavian Countries such as Sweden and Finland"

Finland isn't a Scandinavian country. Scandinavia is Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Finland is however part of the Nordic countries, as is Denmark, Norway and Sweden together with The Faroe Islands, Greenland and Åland.

Thanks for pointing that out, I am making the 9.3.0 Harpenden at the moment, and will change that when I edit the opening post.

Me for sure. Been waiting a while. Is there another change list or will that be on the opening post? :D

I haven't written a change list up, can't really remember everything I did. But I will try and do one if you want?

The MediaFire link is ready, along with the shortlist and all graphic packs. Have fun:)

I haven't written a change list up, can't really remember everything I did. But I will try and do one if you want?

The MediaFire link is ready, along with the shortlist and all graphic packs. Have fun:)

It's up to you, If it's not too much to ask then yeah it would be nice.

Going to be downloading it now then :D Thank's alot i can't wait to start this.

Ahh right ok then that's fine :)

Yeah me too i am going to try my best to keep playing this i had alot of fun on the old patch as them and i am sure it'll be alot more fun this time round. So i am guessing you are getting to play this aswell then?

Ahh right ok then that's fine :)

Yeah me too i am going to try my best to keep playing this i had alot of fun on the old patch as them and i am sure it'll be alot more fun this time round. So i am guessing you are getting to play this aswell then?

Yep, hpefully I will get as into this as I did FM08. That was the best game of my career, despite doing nothing for the best part of 14 seasons...

Posted at 23:27;

Right, there are two changes files. One is the main list, one is a spoiler one.

Please do not discuss the spoiler one in the thread if you choose to read it

I'll add them into the opening post now.

--------------------

It's sorted, see the bottom of the notes section. :)

The bookies have put me down as 5000-1 to win the league, Wish i could make a bet!

I've only played 2 pre season games though winning 5-0 and 8-0. I've organised 3 more in a tour of Scotland. Lads club, Bathgate and Brechin.

The team is also sorted out now with the CM position fully packed with back up so no problems at all. That striker you mentioned, Arsenal? He is doing pretty good in pre season, 6 in 2 games he look's promising a good find he is :)

I had quite a few problems with centre midfielders, really wanted Mulhemic [sp again] but Stupid East Fife :mad:

I haven't got FM open atm, but will tell you who I have when I've got it open.

Robert doesn't look as good on this one, can't wait until I can get Artur Skiba and Woj Jurak :D Wouldn't say no to Jakub Kosecki either, he looks pretty fab on this game.

They seems to be quite a few mint polish players there arsenal, shame we have to wait and sign them though. When would the time be right to ask for a parent club as we might get a poor one as an Amateur side?

They seems to be quite a few mint polish players there arsenal, shame we have to wait and sign them though. When would the time be right to ask for a parent club as we might get a poor one as an Amateur side?

Ask for one whenever you want, you can normally get a good one at anytime.

I'm not going to though, make it more of a challenge.

EDIT: Just began the first game.

After 23 seconds Willy Robert puts me ahead against Maidenhead:D

I won 4-2 in the end ;)

Archived