FM22 Liverpool Thread - Bow down to the KING!

Staf9

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Staf9 said:

after every game so far this season it seems like the FM23 liverpool rebuild gets bigger

We definitely aren't the same team we have been over the last few seasons. Although, it is still hard to pinpoint one particular problem area. I can't help but feel that Nunez is a while away from being settled and that, due to the age of the midfield, there is slightly more pressure on the likes of Carvalho and Elliott, both of whom aren't defensive.

6 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

We definitely aren't the same team we have been over the last few seasons. Although, it is still hard to pinpoint one particular problem area. I can't help but feel that Nunez is a while away from being settled and that, due to the age of the midfield, there is slightly more pressure on the likes of Carvalho and Elliott, both of whom aren't defensive.

yeah it definitely feels like midfield have lost here legs

13 hours ago, Staf9 said:

yeah it definitely feels like midfield have lost here legs

I think Keita wants out, but he has for a while now apparently. Hendo and Milner aren't spring chickens and Thiago and Ox are injury prone. Taking into account that Arthur is on loan, we need 5 CMs, not counting Carvalho, Jones and Elliott. We are heavily linked with a move for Bellingham which will cost in the region of 100m.

Now, would you spend 100m on Bellingham or use that cash to purchase a couple of midfielders instead?

We also need to remember that there isn't technically a suitable backup for Fabinho either.

Edited by EnigMattic1

3 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I think Keita wants out, but he has for a while now apparently. Hendo and Milner aren't spring chickens and Thiago and Ox are injury prone. Taking into account that Arthur is on loan, we need h CMs, not counting Carvalho, Jones and Elliott. We are heavily linked with a move for Bellingham which will cost in the region of 100m.

Now, would you spend 100m on Bellingham or use that cash to purchase a couple of midfielders instead?

We also need to remember that there isn't technically a suitable backup for Fabinho either.

yeah there's some big decisions to be made. like i think it would be a mistake to miss out on bellingham considering what the club has been putting out over him for the last while. but we could only go for him if we were creative in the market. like Caciedo in Jan and Bellingham in the summer would be quality. i think Tchoumeni was meant to be the fabinho long term replacement and rotated between the 6 & 8 for a sesson or 2. but we should of had a back up plan in the summer to bring in at least 1. considering the fee's over the last 2 windows how we have not gone for Paqueta, Nunes or Guimeres back in January is criminal

15 hours ago, Staf9 said:

yeah there's some big decisions to be made. like i think it would be a mistake to miss out on bellingham considering what the club has been putting out over him for the last while. but we could only go for him if we were creative in the market. like Caciedo in Jan and Bellingham in the summer would be quality. i think Tchoumeni was meant to be the fabinho long term replacement and rotated between the 6 & 8 for a sesson or 2. but we should of had a back up plan in the summer to bring in at least 1. considering the fee's over the last 2 windows how we have not gone for Paqueta, Nunes or Guimeres back in January is criminal

Short term, I think we should look at moving Trent into midfield and look at other options at right back. Seeing as how most of out conceded goals have came down the right this season, it makes me think that Trent needs to move into midfield where he can use his passing to pull the strings like Thiago. Plus, a right back could be a cheaper option as opposed to a central midfielder. I don't know if Calvin Ramsay is fit at the moment but, if he isn't, maybe play Milner there short term as we know he can defend. Probably shouldn't have sold Neco in hindsight.

24 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Short term, I think we should look at moving Trent into midfield and look at other options at right back. Seeing as how most of out conceded goals have came down the right this season, it makes me think that Trent needs to move into midfield where he can use his passing to pull the strings like Thiago. Plus, a right back could be a cheaper option as opposed to a central midfielder. I don't know if Calvin Ramsay is fit at the moment but, if he isn't, maybe play Milner there short term as we know he can defend. Probably shouldn't have sold Neco in hindsight.

i just dont see Klopp moving Trent to the midfield. i think last season has taken its toll and our issues are really down to the midfield not functioning. i'd like to see us keep trent wider in attacking terms. he rarely if ever goes on the outside anymore. think we need to look at keeping the middle 3 narrow instead of looking for them to create width (like hendo running wide to allow trent infield) 

On 13/10/2022 at 12:57, EnigMattic1 said:

@Staf9, you going to be doing the thread again for FM23?

I must admit, it seems like, the more successful the team has become in real life, the less active the Liverpool thread has become. I can remember when there was pushing 50 pages of posts.

i'll see if i can get the time to do it, might try to get it set up over the next week before the Beta release. 

yeah a lo to f the regular guys that posted years ago have all drifted off. i think it was always more of a pull to do the save before we wont the title, it drove more to want to play and post about their save. 

On 14/10/2022 at 14:14, Staf9 said:

anyone want to suggest some thread names for the FM23 thread

I have absolutely no idea. Maybe something about youth or stopping City?

Speaking of City, if SI were to ever implement a feature where owners would actually 'buy' other clubs, would you build a network similar to City or Red Bull?

Don't get me wrong, I know the programming for that alone would be difficult as, if it were to be set up wrong, EVERY owner would be doing it, bit I think it could be a decent feature if it could be done correctly. Maybe an expansion of sorts to the affiliate system.

Edited by EnigMattic1

27 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I have absolutely no idea. Maybe something about youth or stopping City?

Speaking of City, if SI were to ever implement a feature where owners would actually 'buy' other clubs, would you build a network similar to City or Red Bull?

Don't get me wrong, I know the programming for that alone would be difficult as, if it were to be set up wrong, EVERY owner would be doing it, bit I think it could be a decent feature if it could be done correctly. Maybe an expansion of sorts to the affiliate system.

yeah i think it would be great way to expand on the scouting network side of the game. Affiliates dont do alot in the game. 

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

yeah i think it would be great way to expand on the scouting network side of the game. Affiliates dont do alot in the game. 

I would love to try and follow the Red Bull model, but I can't see that being possible without the in-game editor (which I don't use). I mean, you can't get an affiliate with the "Same board" option outside of the pre game editor, can you?

Keeping in line with this, Red Bird, who own something like 12% of FSG (I think), now own AC Milan. Wouldn't that technically make AC Milan an affiliate of sorts?

@diddydaddydoddy, what's your opinion on the  AC Milan situation?

thinking i may actually change my tactic for the first time in years for FM 23, i generally always use a 433 tactic but i'm now considering trying to go with a 442 or 424 tactic for this version. try to get both Mo and Darwin playing at the top end. 

2 hours ago, Staf9 said:

thinking i may actually change my tactic for the first time in years for FM 23, i generally always use a 433 tactic but i'm now considering trying to go with a 442 or 424 tactic for this version. try to get both Mo and Darwin playing at the top end. 

I know what you mean about always using a 4-3-3. I have played that ever since the CM series, regardless of who I manage. FM22, however, I actually experimented with a 4-2-3-1 and a 3-4-3 on a couple of occasions. I think any tactic for Liverpool needs 4 at the back though. My concern is, using a tactic that only has 2 central midfielders and no DM, who misses out? I mean, you have around 7 if you group the DM and CM.

On 14/10/2022 at 14:14, Staf9 said:

i'll see if i can get the time to do it, might try to get it set up over the next week before the Beta release. 

yeah a lo to f the regular guys that posted years ago have all drifted off. i think it was always more of a pull to do the save before we wont the title, it drove more to want to play and post about their save. 

I'm still around but haven't posted since 2019. been more of a read only kinda thing.

5 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I know what you mean about always using a 4-3-3. I have played that ever since the CM series, regardless of who I manage. FM22, however, I actually experimented with a 4-2-3-1 and a 3-4-3 on a couple of occasions. I think any tactic for Liverpool needs 4 at the back though. My concern is, using a tactic that only has 2 central midfielders and no DM, who misses out? I mean, you have around 7 if you group the DM and CM.

i plan on selling Naby and OX straight away anyway, maybe even milner depending on his wages so that'll reduce it down for me

I will be totally honest, I envy those who actually make a thing about posting about their saves. You know? The whole intro, mid season/transfer window update, end of season review and tactical analysis thing. That sort of detail takes AGES to put together. It is the same as those who create tactics over in that forum, there are a couple of guys over there who do INSANE threads and I'm just sat here like .............. wow!

I think, as far as my limit goes, it would be a screenshot of my signings and tactics and that would be it. Although, I do enjoy a good discussion about potential transfers either incoming or outgoing.

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I will be totally honest, I envy those who actually make a thing about posting about their saves. You know? The whole intro, mid season/transfer window update, end of season review and tactical analysis thing. That sort of detail takes AGES to put together. It is the same as those who create tactics over in that forum, there are a couple of guys over there who do INSANE threads and I'm just sat here like .............. wow!

I think, as far as my limit goes, it would be a screenshot of my signings and tactics and that would be it. Although, I do enjoy a good discussion about potential transfers either incoming or outgoing.

yeah i'm the same. when it comes to posting a review its a bullet point of what happened. i do enjoy reading the full story reviews some posts on other pages, same with the tactics. i generally will read through a lot of these to get idea's for tweaks to how i want to set up but i wouldnt have the patience to do a full on level post like they do

On 11/10/2022 at 19:41, EnigMattic1 said:

I think Keita wants out, but he has for a while now apparently. Hendo and Milner aren't spring chickens and Thiago and Ox are injury prone. Taking into account that Arthur is on loan, we need 5 CMs, not counting Carvalho, Jones and Elliott. We are heavily linked with a move for Bellingham which will cost in the region of 100m.

First window for me

Keita and Ox ship out. Spend the cash on a CM likes of Bellingham or Moriba. Hendo/Thiago/Fabinho all equally adept for the DM position and Konate possibly has the attributes to play there.

7 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

First window for me

Keita and Ox ship out. Spend the cash on a CM likes of Bellingham or Moriba. Hendo/Thiago/Fabinho all equally adept for the DM position and Konate possibly has the attributes to play there.

I know Hendo and Thiago can play DM, but I don't feel they offer the defensive cover than Fabinho does. Short term, they could do a job (assuming neither are injured), but I would definitely look to bring in a more defensive minded player to push Fabinho.

Looks like the Beta may be out today. if so i'll get the new page up over the wknd

FM23 Liverpool page: I'm in love with him and i feel fine 

OR

FM23 Liverpool Page: Jurgen said to me, go win the premier League

Edited by Staf9

I know the LFC researcher visits this thread, I just can't remember the name to ask directly so I have a question which I hope he/she sees.

What is the reason behind rating Konate as already having reached his potential? I could understand the reason behind it in FM22 given we haven't seen much of him, but to have done the same in FM23? I'm a bit confused by that.

Genuine question.

Just now, ashlfcowen said:

Enjoy your holiday :) 

I was genuinely just curious -- because I think he has so much room for improvement and he's already great. But of course, that's just my opinion.

The wife booked the holiday - talk about bad timing🤯 

You guys in this thread are usually more rational, so I’d welcome any other feedback please.

2 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

You guys in this thread are usually more rational, so I’d welcome any other feedback please.

enjoy the holiday

on first look and with the benefit of FM scout to check details, i'd possibly say a bit disappointed with Konate not getting a raised PA. think bajetic could have gotten a boost and feel Ben Doak's starting CA will make it very difficult to get him to his PA. other than that its hard to argue on others without being biased; Gordon being injured means he hasnt had a chance to be upgraded, Bobby clark could be better but it would be a tough call. 

Firmino, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Adrian on last year of contract. 

Injury Prone Thiago (31)  with 2 years left also.

Philips.

All on my list for potential sale.

A bit of testing found out i can manage to get £52m for Thiago (PSG), and £40m for Keita (City).

I may get Ox on a new contract then sell him in 2nd season. His price will go up if successful. Firmino will prolly get a new contract too. 

Would of course live Bellingham, but think will have to wait till season 2 for the funds. Looking at Caicedo from Brighton for season1 midfield signing.

Its looking like a fun rebuild tbh.

Edited by Siven

sold Keita to City for 37m, bought Szobozlai for 35m and bellingham for 140m (40 upfront and 100 over 3 years), may not do that in full save, just seeing what he can be bought for now. other side of buying now is his wages are lower

3 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

If I start a Liverpool beta save does that mean I’m stuck with konate never getting better? Or when they release the day 1 full game patches will it update konate future potential after the end of the first season?

1 minute ago, sufcdan said:

If I start a Liverpool beta save does that mean I’m stuck with konate never getting better? Or when they release the day 1 full game patches will it update konate future potential after the end of the first season?

for any changes in beta and full release you would have to start a new save

8 hours ago, Staf9 said:

for any changes in beta and full release you would have to start a new save

Unless you use the in-game editor to change him when it’s available

What are you seeing as Konate’s PA?

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

9 hours ago, Staf9 said:

on first look and with the benefit of FM scout to check details, i'd possibly say a bit disappointed with Konate not getting a raised PA. think bajetic could have gotten a boost and feel Ben Doak's starting CA will make it very difficult to get him to his PA. other than that its hard to argue on others without being biased; Gordon being injured means he hasnt had a chance to be upgraded, Bobby clark could be better but it would be a tough call. 

Konate - what are you seeing as his PA?

Doak should be ok hitting his PA range

Bajcetic has had his CA raised 31% from his last iteration ( I think the biggest rise in the whole playing squad)

Gordon - unfortunately that’s correct

Clark - a tough one his CA has been raised 20% though

18 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Konate - what are you seeing as his PA?

Doak should be ok hitting his PA range

Bajcetic has had his CA raised 31% from his last iteration ( I think the biggest rise in the whole playing squad)

Gordon - unfortunately that’s correct

Clark - a tough one his CA has been raised 20% though

I've downloaded FMscout to check the players for the thread. think Konate's PA has stayed the same as it was in FM22. its still good but thought he might of gotten a slight boost. 

its tough to argue with anything really, just expectation was probably a bit too high on my side possibly

Anyone else feel Elliot is in an awkward place.

Hes a natural at CM now which is great, but his stamina of 13 and natural fitness of 9 just makes it feel like he wont be able to cope in CM.

Got Bellingham for £30 upfront, £75 over 3 years and 20%.

Seriously thinking of using TAA in midfield as Carrielo, loving wide so can keep crosses coming. But will need a good right back.

Edited by Siven

28 minutes ago, Siven said:

Anyone else feel Elliot is in an awkward place.

Hes a natural at CM now which is great, but his stamina of 13 and natural fitness of 9 just makes it feel like he wont be able to cope in CM.

Got Bellingham for £30 upfront, £75 over 3 years and 20%.

Seriously thinking of using TAA in midfield as Carrielo, loving wide so can keep crosses coming. But will need a good right back.

think it depends on what role you want to use him for. if you play with a playmaker role its not massively important

On 20/10/2022 at 10:20, Staf9 said:

Looks like the Beta may be out today. if so i'll get the new page up over the wknd

FM23 Liverpool page: I'm in love with him and i feel fine 

OR

FM23 Liverpool Page: Jurgen said to me, go win the premier League

Thread title: Rebuild time

Seriously. With the exception of Mane leaving and someone else on the left, it is the same team as last season. Why are we doing so bad? I mean, I know it was an ex Liverpool player who scored, Neco at left back and a former coach (u18 manager?) in charge of Forest, but that is no excuse.