FM22 Liverpool Thread - Bow down to the KING!

Staf9

43 minutes ago, badger100 said:

Great season and who did you and buy and sell first season or did you just use the existing squad

transfer window off at the start. just brought in tymon to replace tsimikas in Jan and have deals in place for Angelo, Rafael Luis and Mbappe

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SEASON ONE REVIEW

Transfers

IN: Salah got an injury in pre-season so I brought in Haaland.

OUT: managed to get rid of Thiago on a free just to get his wages off the books

Tactics

Went for  a two striker system with wingbacks. Was going for a score more than them style but actually was pretty solid defensively too.

RESULTS

Won the league with 99 points.

Went out of the League cup in the quarter finals on pens against Chelsea

Won the FA Cup 8-7 after pens aginst Newcastle

Won the champions league 2-1 aginst Bayern

Biggest win of the season 12-0 at hom to Brighton, biggest loss 1-4 at Old Trafford

PLAYERS

Haaland is just ridiculous as an AF in this system and scored goals for fun. Trent was top of assists. I gave plenty of starts to Elliot and Jones and I think they both will become first 11 starters soon.

tactic.png

besteleven1.png

21 minutes ago, GR3NDAL said:

Yes Haaland is kind of a game breaker atm. To buy him I asked the board and they paid 96m for him and gave him 225k a week. It messed up my finances for a while but it was worth it!

Haaland is very OP in the game, much like Ronaldo in the beta. Theres just been a new patch though (22.1.1), maybe that addresses some of it? There seems to be a number of annoying little bugs this time around with the game and the editor/pre-editor have their fair share of bugs that seem to be preventing some releases occuring (most notably the real fixtures and results).

going to restart tonight. want to do a few things differently. want to rotate a bit more to keep some players  happy and i'll offer Origi a new deal at the start at a low wage. he wanted 210k a week after a great first season. 

i'll still have transfers off so i work with the current squad. 

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

any been able to sell or give Taki away??

I was able to loan him to Lyon for the second season, with a £15M mandatory fee and a bunch of extras that meant I would eventually would get £37M for him. But that was still using the Beta save I'd been playing through. I found if players weren't playing no one was interested in them, but if they played, even if poorly they got offers when I wanted rid of them (I managed to get £40M from Inter for Tsmiskas too).

I'm about to start a fresh game and see how I progress.

2 hours ago, Staf9 said:

any been able to sell or give Taki away??

First season i loaned him out to Ajax. His transfer value was £13m-£16m

He did well, and on July 1st (foreign transfer window opens and seems to be the next season trigger for player transfer prices changing) he was worth £32m. Sold him for £35m. Didnt transfer list him, just offered out. Only listed and set to surplus after transfer fee agreed so it would help him accept contract :)

Well, i have done what i said i wouldnt.....i signed Mbappe for free. (couldnt let Chelsea sign him)

300k a week, 5% rise per year, 10% sell on percentage, 550k after 10 goals, 1.1m after 25 goals. 14.25m loyalty bonus.

Not a bad deal tbh, and im very open to selling him after a year or so for a massive profit.

Currently just finished pre season. Won the FIFA Club world cup.

Other season 2 signing (some posted previously).

Out:

Keita 77m Arsenal

Clarkson 10m

Ben Davies 10m

Woodburn 10.5m

Ojo 4.6m

Sepp van den Berg 6.5m

Thiago 50m Barca

Origi 60m Inter

Oxlade Chamberlain 59m R.Madrid

Minamino 35m Watford

Phillips 7.5m

A bunch u23 for cheap and of out of contract u23s.

Very happy with the sale. Got rid of high price reserves, backups and injury prone midfield.

IN:

Mbappe free

Camavinga 6m

Gravenberch 60m

Musah 7.5m (loaned back for season at 100% wages)

Forfana 25m (Loaned back for season 100% wages).

Also had to buy a few average youth for u23 (sold and loaned a few too many :) )

Very happy with these too. Camavinga wasnt playing so value was cheap, couldnt say no. And with Gravenberch (Gini 2.0), my midfield is set for years.

*Musah is a great youngster and homegrown in England, got him much cheaper (valued at £25m) if i loaned back for a season. Has him in FM21, great squad player. My Milner replacement.

*Forfana, i was amazed at this price. Could have bought straight away for 90m, but couldnt sell Matip. So tried the loan back option and managed to get price down to 25m! Will aim to sell Matip at end of season 2.

With Mbappe coming in as my main striker, I think i will try to sell Jota and have Firmino as backup.

*Theory*  I think that i got Forfana and Musah so cheap because July 1st foreign transfer windows open and i think the game triggers "next season" and so its a year less on contratcs which lowers their value. Just a guess really. Also i noticed Minamino, Phillips and other players values went up after July 1st.

I am setting up a 2nd formation to use also. 4231 along with my 433. I am also training Elliott as an AMC.

Edited by Siven

3 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Restarted for a 3rd time as Salah suffered a long term injury after being injured twice shame I was on fire oh well & I’ve noticed they updated some managerial changes 

doing the same. want to start with the managers updated for Spurs and Newcastle. 

know what players i want to sell buy already after season 1 so will work towards that and better rotation to keep some other happy and increase the chance of selling them

12 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Restarted for a 3rd time as Salah suffered a long term injury after being injured twice shame I was on fire oh well & I’ve noticed they updated some managerial changes 

Is that not part of the game? 

On fire but restarting because of an injury & some managerial changes? 

Edited by retrodude09

16 hours ago, Staf9 said:

doing the same. want to start with the managers updated for Spurs and Newcastle. 

know what players i want to sell buy already after season 1 so will work towards that and better rotation to keep some other happy and increase the chance of selling them

I’ve turned off the first transfer windows most likely I’ll fix my midfield in the Jan windows 

8 hours ago, retrodude09 said:

Is that not part of the game? 

On fire but restarting because of an injury & some managerial changes? 

Because I wasn’t happy with my save & the changes had nothing to do with it it was there in the update 22.1.1 

1 hour ago, glenn28 said:

I’ve turned off the first transfer windows most likely I’ll fix my midfield in the Jan windows 

yeah i always do that over the last 4 or 5 versions. squad is good enough and i prefer to see how the players fit into the way i want to play before just selling due to real life opinion 

On 16/11/2021 at 04:13, GR3NDAL said:

SEASON ONE REVIEW

Transfers

Tactics

Went for  a two striker system with wingbacks. Was going for a score more than them style but actually was pretty solid defensively too.

RESULTS

Biggest win of the season 12-0 at hom to Brighton, biggest loss 1-4 at Old Trafford

PLAYERS

Haaland is just ridiculous as an AF in this system and scored goals for fun. Trent was top of assists. I gave plenty of starts to Elliot and Jones and I think they both will become first 11 starters soon.

tactic.png

besteleven1.png

can you upload your tactics?

Finished 3rd season. 3 leagues, 2 euro supercups, 2 champion leagues (lost 3rd in the final vs PSG), 3 carabao cups, 1 FA cup... man, i sometimes win 8-0... just established a record winning at Norwich 10-0...

I feel i should wait for a patch, the game is way too easy, and there are far too much goals scored...

Thought Id share my tactic. 26 matches unbeaten from start of season. Ive found the key is the make sure your midfielders are set the stay wide. This allows them to support the inside forward and overlapping full back.  I usually start with much higher tempo and then reduce tempo during the game, as it quickly wears out the players.  Not made much by way of signings. Only Adeyemi who loaned back to club for the first half of the season. 

image.png.a53a073d561734cd09ccac23ce91ca62.png

Corner tactic has worked v well . Van D has scored 12 so far.

The tactic overall is very solid defensively, thanks to the half back. Fabinho and Henderson work incredibly well sat in front of the defence and allows the full backs to push on.

So far so good. Next season Ill be focusing on the midfield as all are on the older side.  Need some youth.  Milner already on way to PSG on a free.  I am avoiding Mbappe and Haaland for this save.

image.png.e0d2dde201e0c76df09ac71fa7f16bce.pngimage.png.e62d9ac028ea8585b89c1e3e6f0e94d7.png

10 hours ago, mark.boswell1 said:

Thought Id share my tactic. 26 matches unbeaten from start of season. Ive found the key is the make sure your midfielders are set the stay wide. This allows them to support the inside forward and overlapping full back.  I usually start with much higher tempo and then reduce tempo during the game, as it quickly wears out the players.  Not made much by way of signings. Only Adeyemi who loaned back to club for the first half of the season. 

image.png.a53a073d561734cd09ccac23ce91ca62.png

Corner tactic has worked v well . Van D has scored 12 so far.

The tactic overall is very solid defensively, thanks to the half back. Fabinho and Henderson work incredibly well sat in front of the defence and allows the full backs to push on.

So far so good. Next season Ill be focusing on the midfield as all are on the older side.  Need some youth.  Milner already on way to PSG on a free.  I am avoiding Mbappe and Haaland for this save.

image.png.e0d2dde201e0c76df09ac71fa7f16bce.pngimage.png.e62d9ac028ea8585b89c1e3e6f0e94d7.png

How does your striker do for goals? I tried a similar formation but was really struggling to get striker to score. I went for 2 up front in the end which helped a lot!!

On 16/11/2021 at 02:13, GR3NDAL said:

SEASON ONE REVIEW

Transfers

Tactics

RESULTS

PLAYERS

tactic.png

besteleven1.png

This is just insane! Do you use player and/or opposition instructions?

in Jan first season on my new start. top of the league with 51 points after 20 games. latest update seems to have dampened my tactic a little in terms of having 1 or 2 players scoring plenty the goals are well spread around. have 16 wins 3 draws and 1 loss in the 20 games, only conceded 6 goals so its still strong defensively 

so in my first win in jan, i've deals in place to sell Adrian and Karius, both for small fees but gets a lot of wages off the books. 

Tsimikas wants a move for more game time, Newcastle bid 24m and i've brought in josh tymon for 10m to replace him, adds a HG to my squad. trying to fill out some squad roles with HG players in this window 

also brought in Charlie Cresswell from Leeds, 19yo CB who has good stats and potential for a 4th or 5th choice role

Ki-Jana hoever is about to be resigned on loan with a future 12.5m fee agreed. think he's better balanced to replicate the trent role than williams

trying to sell Matip as he wants to leave for game time. he's valued at 56m so obviously i can only get bids for 27m in 

also might sell Jota, just never fits the system i have. 

22 hours ago, jborges said:

Finished 3rd season. 3 leagues, 2 euro supercups, 2 champion leagues (lost 3rd in the final vs PSG), 3 carabao cups, 1 FA cup... man, i sometimes win 8-0... just established a record winning at Norwich 10-0...

I feel i should wait for a patch, the game is way too easy, and there are far too much goals scored...

I tend to agree with this. I’m 13 games into my first season. Won them all comfortably averaging 3 goals a game. Beat City easily too. 

I don’t feel I have to give tactics, opposition instructions etc too much thought as I’ll win anyway which is a bit disappointing. I have Atletico Madrid in my CL group and really put a bit of thought into it but absolutely destroyed them. I’m not sure I’m that good, neither are Liverpool, and Atletico aren’t that bad.

Hopefully some updates might make it a bit more challenging. 

Its so hard to resist buying Haaland.

Hes fits everything i want in a striker, young, fast, strong, high work rate, and fits the clubs philosophy of youngsters.

Man City are interested in him, and i can get him for £91m. 

May even make a double swoop of Dortmund with Moukoku for £54m too. 

49 minutes ago, Siven said:

Its so hard to resist buying Haaland.

Hes fits everything i want in a striker, young, fast, strong, high work rate, and fits the clubs philosophy of youngsters.

Man City are interested in him, and i can get him for £91m. 

May even make a double swoop of Dortmund with Moukoku for £54m too. 

i'll be going for Haaland in my save. i cant find the same love for Mpabbe as i have for Haaland. would love for Liverpool to get him IRL as well. 

13 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

i'll be going for Haaland in my save. i cant find the same love for Mpabbe as i have for Haaland. would love for Liverpool to get him IRL as well. 

Same here. Love Haaland irl and hope we sign him.

Only reason i got Mbappe was that he was free. I will happily sell for a coupel hundred million profit :D I did sell Jota though as he would never get game time now. Shame as i like him.

Done deals. Both Haaland and Moukoko will join at end of season of season 2.

Haaland £90m, let Edwards do contract, 325k a week, Will be main pressing forward for many season replacing Firmino.

Moukoko will be Salahs long term replacement too. 

Will sell Adeyami as his passing has not increased past 10 yet :(

Looks like i raided Dortmund with Haaland, Moukoko and Bellingham :D

Edited by Siven

2 hours ago, Siven said:

Only reason i got Mbappe was that he was free. I will happily sell for a coupel hundred million profit :D I did sell Jota though as he would never get game time now. Shame as i like him.

Haaland £90m, let Edwards do contract, 325k a week, Will be main pressing forward for many season replacing Firmino.

i'll be targeting Bellingham as well. wont go near moukoko tho. going to ttry and get Musiala from Bayern to give me quality option on either wing and another HG player

SEASON 2 REVIEW

The only blot on the season was losing the FA Cup Final to Man City otherwise it was clean sailing all the way.

Of the new signings only Gavi got himself a 'First eleven'  slot.

If you thought Haaland goalscoring exploits in the first season were crazy, well this season he went godmode!

besteleven2.png

This is how we have started and only bought two players and loaned them back so same starting squad and i was leading 2-0 against Bayern and get pressing and everybody was out on their feet and they scored two goals in the last five minutes and against Man U we battered them but got a last minute goal but were far the better side and De Gea had a worldie performance.

image.thumb.png.fc5a78e86f04975d91e78ff5ed291bd4.png

20 hours ago, Siven said:

I want to sign Moukoko but he has bad consistency... I think I've always seen him with bad consistency... Is it hard coded into the game or am I just unlucky?

On 20/11/2021 at 05:09, gmulv said:

How does your striker do for goals? I tried a similar formation but was really struggling to get striker to score. I went for 2 up front in the end which helped a lot!!

Done OK. Firmino struggled for first 8 games but now scoring fairly regularly. Origi an OK backup. Most goals are Salah and Mane, as you would expect.

2 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

Mbappe went to Man utd on my save. First game of third season at old trafford he scored a hat-trick against me. He is only on 275k a week...

he ended up going to Inter on 375k a week after i pulled out of a deal. 

dont mind in fairness as i really want Musiala for AML and i got Haaland. 12 goals for Haaland in preseason with Trent assisting 10. so i cant wait to see how many they get 

On 20/11/2021 at 17:28, guruhd said:

I tend to agree with this. I’m 13 games into my first season. Won them all comfortably averaging 3 goals a game. Beat City easily too. 

I don’t feel I have to give tactics, opposition instructions etc too much thought as I’ll win anyway which is a bit disappointing. I have Atletico Madrid in my CL group and really put a bit of thought into it but absolutely destroyed them. I’m not sure I’m that good, neither are Liverpool, and Atletico aren’t that bad.

Hopefully some updates might make it a bit more challenging. 

Re-started my game following the update, and won 1, drew 1 and lost 1 of my first 3 league games.  Loss was 2-0 to Man United.  Painful.

Might revert back to my previous game where I was walking it. :lol:

19 hours ago, Staf9 said:

dont mind in fairness as i really want Musiala for AML and i got Haaland. 12 goals for Haaland in preseason with Trent assisting 10. so i cant wait to see how many they get 

I also went for Musiala although he cost a fair bit (98m). He has played 4 games so far as AML and has 2  goals and 4 assists.

21 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i shouldnt of opened my mouth about Haaland. 10 PL games 1 goal

couldnt get Musiala as bayern wanted over 100m so i've gotten Joao Pedro from Watfrod for 17m after they were relegated. also brought in Nianzou on deadline day for 32m

squad for season 2

Alisson, Kelleher

Trent, Hoever, Williams

Robbo, Tymon, Milner

VVD, Gomez, Konate, Nianzou, Cresswell (loaned out)

Fabinho, hendo, Thiago, Bellingham, Szoboszlai, Clarkson

Mane, Salah, Elliott, Jones, Pedro

Haaland, Sesko

Season 1 review 

League:1st 

Champions league:q/f 

Fa cup:Rd 6

League cup:s/f 

Was happy with the league win but could have done better in the cups Real Madrid knocked me out on agg in the champions league Salah was the stand out 34 goals in all comps Mane missed half the season with injuries lost Fabinho with a broken leg late in the year gonna invest in youth ill post my season 2 transfers later on 

Season 2:

Won everything apart from League cup (Klopp at Man City :( ), had an easy CL final against Benfica who knocked out Bayern in semis.

Salah won Balon d'or. 56 apps, 45 goals, 28 assists for season too. Beast.

Adrian is retiring, and Milner is joining Benfica at end of contract.

Sold Matip in Jan and brought in Forfana as long term replacement.

Still tinkering with 433 tactic, still not set on DM and a CM role other than 1 bbm. Also with Haaland coming in for season 3, will be having the striker on attack duty, so may set left IF as support.

My first team squad is pretty much done now. All set for the future retirements.

Haaland and Moukoko (salahs future replacement) are joining shortly. And i may get Demir (13m is hard to pass up, even if i loan him out for game time, also a possible salah replacement ina few years.). Bellingham, Gravenberch, Musah, Jones and Elliot are set for CM after Hendo retires too.

Mbappe did really well, 36 goals and 11 assists, swicthing between AML and ST. But i do miss Jota, sold him to Bayern as he wouldnt get game time. When i start again next year, i wont get Mbappe and keep Jota.

With Haaland coming in as main striker, I may sell one of Mbappe, Firmino or Mane. 

Elliot is developing really well, but isnt natural CM yet. 

Neco has developed well as my backup right back. Also homegrown which is great.

I have also noticed its much much harder to develop players. They really need first team gametime this year, i have a number of u23 youth with good potential who just arent developing in the u23 like they did in previous versions of the game.

Lhm5VtF.jpg

Edited by Siven

Brought it Alfie Devine from Spurs and he is getting gametime as Gavi broke his foot. He is doing well playing alongside Hendo in the centre. It was nice to see Henderson get a couple of goals in his testimonial match. Looks like Milner will retire at the end of the season. Its a shame his coaching stats are terrible.

10 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

Brought it Alfie Devine from Spurs and he is getting gametime as Gavi broke his foot. He is doing well playing alongside Hendo in the centre. It was nice to see Henderson get a couple of goals in his testimonial match. Looks like Milner will retire at the end of the season. Its a shame his coaching stats are terrible.

looking at Devine as well for when i let Thiago leave. 

Milner got poor coaching stats on mine as well. mid way through season 2 and i can extend his contract for 1 more season which i might do just for sentiment sake