FM22: Chelsea - Building a new dynasty

MBJ96

Welcome to the Chelsea FM22 thread

A huge club that has won:  2 Europa League, 2 Champions League, 6 Premier League and 8 FA Cup titles. Most of these were with different managers, which has characterized Chelsea the past 20 years. Now the club is on top of the world after winning the Champions League last season. There is a lot of quality and talent in the current squad, which should give you the possibility to be the manager that creates a new dynasty at Chelsea.

Stadium: Stamford Bridge

Capacity: 41.837

Training Facilities: Excellent

Youth Facilities: Excellent

Junior Recruitment: Exceptional

Youth Recruitment: Exceptional

Finances: Rich

Transfer Budget: £40m

Wage Budget: £4m pw

Media Prediction: 3rd

Club Culture

Play attacking football

Play with possession

Develop players using youth system

Sign players under the age of 22 for the future

Play entertaining football

Sign high rep players

End of Season objectives

Win Club WC

Reach semifinal in Champions League

Fight for Premier League title

Reach final in FA Cup

New signings
Romelu Lukaku, Saúl

Youth talents
Billy Gilmour, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Conor Gallagher, Jude Soonsup-Bell, Harvey Vale

Edited by MBJ96

Following this for my annual Chelsea save (must be 25 years of this now).  Looked around the team in the beta and definitely want to address CB, especially as plan to keep a 3CB formation.  There are some good options out there to replace/upgrade aging players.  Lukaku looks an beast in this game; can't wait to actually get to some games and try to get the best out of him.  Little disappointed there is no chance to resign Rudiger - his mind was already made up in the game. 

KTBFFH!

Edited by Phil930

Started out by trying a 3 atb formation with wide CBs but I couldn't really figure out how to best utilize the front three, especially the two behind the striker. I changed from wide players to having them in the attacking midfielder slots but I couldn't really get it to work so it would be interesting to see how others tried setting their tactics up. In the end I did the usual and settled for a 4-3-3- tactic which has kept me in good stead since. Sitting top of the table in February currently with a round of 16 double header vs Barcelona.

5 hours ago, holmazz said:

Started out by trying a 3 atb formation with wide CBs but I couldn't really figure out how to best utilize the front three, especially the two behind the striker. I changed from wide players to having them in the attacking midfielder slots but I couldn't really get it to work so it would be interesting to see how others tried setting their tactics up. In the end I did the usual and settled for a 4-3-3- tactic which has kept me in good stead since. Sitting top of the table in February currently with a round of 16 double header vs Barcelona.

Think the wide CB's are just a niche option people are trying out. If it ain't broke don't fix it I say and stick to 4 at the back formations. Might give Chelsea a go myself in the beta as I never manage in England and like a few of their talents.

Great to see a new thread up!

I'm really looking forward to getting a save going. As Phil said, some interesting decisions to be made at CB with Rudiger looking to explore his options, Thiago Silva being a year older and Christensen with only a year left on his contract. A shame we lost Tomori, he looks great this year. 

Looking forward to getting Gallagher & Gilmour back from their loans, should be able to find a place for them pretty quickly with Kante and Jorgi getting up there.

Lukaku looks to be an absolute monster! I expect him to be an easy 30+ goals per season with the right formation and service. Can't wait to see what he can do!

I'll probably be sticking to my 4-2-3-1 like usual. I feel the existing squad is a pretty good fit for it already. Can't wait to see what everyone gets up to!

I never normally sign the stars on any game - there is this part of me that blocks some kind of cheating, and could never see MEssi or Ronaldo at Chelsea.  My need for escapism only increases though, so I might go all in for Haaland and Mbappe in summer 2022.

Gvardiol was great for me if FM21 but think he costs a lot more this year. CB certainly seems to be main area of  near term focus. Waiting until full game release before starting long term save. In the beta save I created, without playing, Chalobah potential seemed disappointing….

Sold Rudiger to Real Madrid for 37 million GBP after he refused to discuss a new contract. Now considering whether to replace him with the obvious choice in Kounde or go for someone a bit younger in Gvardiol, or younger and less expensive like Inacio.  I play 4-2-3-1, so he would complete with Thiago Silva and Andreas Christiensen for a spot in the first team. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, Blue Down Under said:

Sold Rudiger to Real Madrid for 37 million GBP after he refused to discuss a new contract. Now considering whether to replace him with the obvious choice in Kounde or go for someone a bit younger in Gvardiol, or younger and less expensive like Inacio.  I play 4-2-3-1, so he would complete with Thiago Silva and Andreas Christiensen for a spot in the first team. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did you sell Rudiger in January transfer window or at start of game? I was wondering about disabling first transfer window when I start my long term save on main game release but concerned that I will be unable to get fee for Rudiger in January window. I doubt that I would be willing to pay him huge wage to stay on. Also wondering if you managed to get Christensen to sign new deal. Seems that I will probably need at least 2 new centre backs for 22/23 season but only £40m in starting transfer kitty won’t go far….

I've had a handful of players come to me wanting new contracts, including Mount, James and Puli. Mount and James deserve them and Pulisic was playing incredibly at the time of asking. Only a couple of months in, but I haven't been able to get Rudi to sign a new contract. A shame because he's been really great for me so far.

I ended up selling Christensen for £17.5m to Madrid and replaced him with Pavard for £15m. Made a couple of million and Pavard has been great as a BPD on the left for me, so I've been quite happy with the deal so far. I also ended up bringing in Gouiri and Coman on deadline day for about £30m combined. There's definitely some great deals to be had this year.

Been playing a 4-2-3-1 (Wide) with a lightly modified gegenpress that has been getting some great results. Big Rom had 6 in his first 3 starts, then was sidelined for a few weeks. It's really hard to replace his presence in the squad. Hoping I'll be able to get a little Friday night FM in this evening, maybe with a little update post as well. 

17 hours ago, mhaffy said:

Did you sell Rudiger in January transfer window or at start of game? I was wondering about disabling first transfer window when I start my long term save on main game release but concerned that I will be unable to get fee for Rudiger in January window. I doubt that I would be willing to pay him huge wage to stay on. Also wondering if you managed to get Christensen to sign new deal. Seems that I will probably need at least 2 new centre backs for 22/23 season but only £40m in starting transfer kitty won’t go far….

I sold Rudiger at the start of the game. I'm only in August but Christensen is not interested in signing a new deal.

4 hours ago, Blue Down Under said:

I sold Rudiger at the start of the game. I'm only in August but Christensen is not interested in signing a new deal.

Thanks; maybe I won’t disable first transfer window when I start my long  term save on circa 9th November…. I experimented at start of beta save and managed to sign Christensen on new 4 year deal plus option for another year at £105k per week with £20k appearance fee and circa £3m loyalty bonus… so may be able to tie him down in my long term save….

58 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Thanks; maybe I won’t disable first transfer window when I start my long  term save on circa 9th November…. I experimented at start of beta save and managed to sign Christensen on new 4 year deal plus option for another year at £105k per week with £20k appearance fee and circa £3m loyalty bonus… so may be able to tie him down in my long term save….

That's a great deal! he's playing really well for me but currently not interested in signing. I hope that changes before January, especially as Spurs, PSG and Newcastle are sniffing around.

1 hour ago, Blue Down Under said:

That's a great deal! he's playing really well for me but currently not interested in signing. I hope that changes before January, especially as Spurs, PSG and Newcastle are sniffing around.

Fingers crossed re Christensen. How are Trevoh Chalobah and Malang Sarr doing for you? trevoh only 3* potential in the Beta save I created just to look at things and run FME vs QME stats tests for posting in Bugs Tracker...Was hoping, given his real life perfomances so far, that he would have been buffed versus FM21..

27 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Fingers crossed re Christensen. How are Trevoh Chalobah and Malang Sarr doing for you? trevoh only 3* potential in the Beta save I created just to look at things and run FME vs QME stats tests for posting in Bugs Tracker...Was hoping, given his real life perfomances so far, that he would have been buffed versus FM21..

I was hoping for the same, I was pretty disappointed to not see his potential higher. Maybe it'll get adjusted for the January update. I've played him a couple times and he hasn't been great. Sarr has been just okay, able to do a job when Rudi, Pavard or Silva need a rest. I would love to bring Fikayo back to the club, but I can't imagine Milan will let him go cheaply.

1 hour ago, PitchPosh said:

I would love to bring Fikayo back to the club, but I can't imagine Milan will let him go cheaply.

Pity they didn’t negotiate a buy back clause for Tomori. The buy back clauses for Livramento (£40m) and Abraham (£68m) may come in useful later….

32 minutes ago, bucket said:

Sule from Bayern is available for cheap.

For whatever reason, it seems like most of Bayern's CBs are available for a decent price. There are actually quite a few good options at £30m or less. Umtiti could be worth a punt, Lenglet also available. Seems like transfer business will be a lot of fun (more than usual.)

17 hours ago, mhaffy said:

Sarr has only played a couple of games but been solid enough, Chalobah doing well in the reserves. Limited potential (which I think is quite harsh from the researchers) means they probably aren't going to be long term solutions. I bought Gvardiol to replace Rudiger and has has been extremely solid, brings the ball out of defence well and has chipped in with a couple of goals and I'm only in mid-October.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a little too into my beta save last night, forgetting that the official release is tomorrow. Looking forward to finally starting up the real save.

In my limited time during the beta, it seems that bringing in Sule is a no-brainer. He and Rudiger formed an incredible pairing in the middle of my back 4, so here's to hoping Rudiger will extend! Lots of great options in the midfield and, for me, Kova finds himself at the bottom of the pile. Saul and Jorginho have the better passing/creative stats, while Kante provides an out-and-out destroyer option, with Mount being somewhere in the middle and I'd like to have room for Gallagher when he returns from loan. Though he seems short of the potential to become a first team center back, Chalobah may do a job in the Kante role with a little development.

Timo has been very underwhelming for me. While I may not move him on during the first season, unless he really kicks on I can see him leaving the club during the following summer. Pulisic and Ziyech have been just okay, but CHO has been really great. Really looking forward to seeing him develop over the next few seasons.

Have a holiday here in The States on Thursday, so I'll surely find a nice chunk of time get things moving then. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's progression!

• 2 weeks later...

Just reached November and Lukaku has 14 goals already. I have a feeling he could have quite a haul by the end of the season as the squad becomes more familiar with each other. With that said, I have found that quite a few big chances are finished horribly, even by players like Lukaku.

With December approaching, I've got wins against Tottenham, Arsenal, United and Liverpool, who I am only clear of at the top of the table by 1 point. Werner and Kovacic have been quite poor for me, and Pulisic has been injured for a good portion of the first half the season. If decent offers come in for any of them in January, I'd be tempted to move them on. I'll look to post an update once I'm out of January.

Hope everyone's saves are going well!

8 hours ago, ChelseaFan said:

I don't like Chelsea this season.

You're spoilt for choice and it irks me that there's no clear system / formation to play.

I sort of feel similarly, which is why I think I'm happy to accept offers for some would-be key players in the upcoming transfer window.

As a side note, I've had a good amount of fun with my Real Sociedad save so far, the squad there is very tight. 

13 hours ago, PitchPosh said:

Just reached November and Lukaku has 14 goals already. I have a feeling he could have quite a haul by the end of the season as the squad becomes more familiar with each other. With that said, I have found that quite a few big chances are finished horribly, even by players like Lukaku.

With December approaching, I've got wins against Tottenham, Arsenal, United and Liverpool, who I am only clear of at the top of the table by 1 point. Werner and Kovacic have been quite poor for me, and Pulisic has been injured for a good portion of the first half the season. If decent offers come in for any of them in January, I'd be tempted to move them on. I'll look to post an update once I'm out of January.

Hope everyone's saves are going well!

Lukaku scored 52 for me in my first season. Constantly scored early and important goals. Only issue is that he has quite an unrealistic expectation of the games he should start (pretty much every game) and my coaches constantly suggested resting him.

1 hour ago, Blue Down Under said:

Lukaku scored 52 for me in my first season. Constantly scored early and important goals. Only issue is that he has quite an unrealistic expectation of the games he should start (pretty much every game) and my coaches constantly suggested resting him.

Wow! That's an incredible amount of goals. He's certainly made for it, I feel like he'd score even more if I tweaked my tactics a bit. I have been getting the same messages from coaches to rest him, even after resting him from training for 3-4 days at a time.

12 hours ago, Blue Down Under said:

Just reached Jan in my first season and Lukaku is a monster. He has scored 31 goals in the league from 17 games, 41 competitive goals overall and won the Ballon d'Or, fifa best player and fifpro player of the year awards. I kept my scout on Mbappe for almost the entire season and he just accepted my contract in Jan. Surprisingly, there was no competition. Gonna run him on the left wing to support the Lukaku goal machine lol. Werner is quite OP too, he's gotten 24 goals but most of time is in cup competitions.

Remember to sign Demir at end of first season, you can get him for 10mil or less before Barca can activate his 8.5m clause since they have no money.

Just look at those stats lol

lukaku.thumb.jpg.05427a9efc14e6c3dd60bcd8874e3109.jpg

Edited by kenmfssrox

21 hours ago, kenmfssrox said:

Just reached Jan in my first season and Lukaku is a monster. He has scored 31 goals in the league from 17 games, 41 competitive goals overall and won the Ballon d'Or, fifa best player and fifpro player of the year awards. I kept my scout on Mbappe for almost the entire season and he just accepted my contract in Jan. Surprisingly, there was no competition. Gonna run him on the left wing to support the Lukaku goal machine lol. Werner is quite OP too, he's gotten 24 goals but most of time is in cup competitions.

Remember to sign Demir at end of first season, you can get him for 10mil or less before Barca can activate his 8.5m clause since they have no money.

Just look at those stats lol

lukaku.thumb.jpg.05427a9efc14e6c3dd60bcd8874e3109.jpg

That's awesome! I am starting to think that I should have waited on Mbappe and saved myself 100 million. He has been amazing for me playing as an inverted winger on the left, averaging a goal a game, chipping in with lots of assists and working brilliantly with Lukaku (who also got world player of the year for me). I also did follow Demir closely and pounced when Barca didn't activate his release clause. James, Havertz and Mount have come on leaps and bounds. Andreas signed on in Jan after both Milan teams offered deals, Gvardiol has been amazing at CB and Fati leads my team and the league in assists down the right. Mendy isn't rated and his stats are a bit unfair in my opinion, but he's a monster, constantly making amazing saves and won the world golden glove. 

• 2 weeks later...

How's everyone's saves coming along? I just got through the month of January and the winter transfer window of the first season (slow going, I know) and am doing pretty well. Topped our Champions League group, but the likes of Dortmund and Ajax didn't make it easy on us. Currently sitting 4 points clear at the top of the Premier League, but could have been much better off with some finishing. I'm finding that we're often missing easy chances, with our goals rarely living up to the xG. Lukaku still missing sitters, but is on 30 goals for the season. 

Got rid of Ziyech to Real Madrid for £40m in January, bringing in the Brazilian pair of Gabriel Barbosa and Kaiky for a combined £25m. Decent enough business, with Kaiky staying on loan at Santos to develop. I let Kante go to PSG for £30m, as he wasn't going to renew with us. A tough pill to swallow, but I can rarely get him to replicate his IRL form in the game and it was nice getting his £300k p/w off the books. Looking forward to finishing out the season to continue shaping the squad, hopefully with a Premier League title in tow. 

On 30/11/2021 at 09:10, PitchPosh said:

How's everyone's saves coming along? I just got through the month of January and the winter transfer window of the first season (slow going, I know) and am doing pretty well. Topped our Champions League group, but the likes of Dortmund and Ajax didn't make it easy on us. Currently sitting 4 points clear at the top of the Premier League, but could have been much better off with some finishing. I'm finding that we're often missing easy chances, with our goals rarely living up to the xG. Lukaku still missing sitters, but is on 30 goals for the season. 

Got rid of Ziyech to Real Madrid for £40m in January, bringing in the Brazilian pair of Gabriel Barbosa and Kaiky for a combined £25m. Decent enough business, with Kaiky staying on loan at Santos to develop. I let Kante go to PSG for £30m, as he wasn't going to renew with us. A tough pill to swallow, but I can rarely get him to replicate his IRL form in the game and it was nice getting his £300k p/w off the books. Looking forward to finishing out the season to continue shaping the squad, hopefully with a Premier League title in tow. 

To be honest with you PitchPosh, I'm waiting for SI to patch the various issues before I start a long term save. The biggest decision is going to be what formation to use and if I should let Marina handle the transfers.

8 hours ago, wetfred said:

To be honest with you PitchPosh, I'm waiting for SI to patch the various issues before I start a long term save. The biggest decision is going to be what formation to use and if I should let Marina handle the transfers.

That's fair enough. The longer I've made it through my first season the more issues I have with the ME. I probably wouldn't mind starting fresh once they patch things as well, since this has been a pretty good run so far. 

I've had the best results with a 5-3-1-2 formation, but haven't quite worked anything out that dominates universally. Probably for the best, as it keeps the game somewhat realistic.

• 4 weeks later...

Just played the 2021/22 season to an end with Chelsea, and what a season it turned out to be.

Actually, started quite good, but after a period with three losses in a row I changed my tactics. It was just a little change with my two wingers going to be OM’s instead. But that really helped. I did not loose one single match from mid October and until the beginning of April.

Ended up winning the Carabao Cup and the Premier League. Losing to Arsenal in the semifinal of the FA Cup and against PSG in the Champions League semifinal.

Disabled transfers in the first window, and I only sent Marlang Sarr on loan to Rapid Wien in January. But I did not manage to get Andreas Christensen or Cesar Azpilicueta to sign new contracts, and the loss of AC really hurts.

Luckily Trevoh Chalobah has played much better than his stats says, but I have to go on the market for two new defenders this summer, as I play the same system Tuchel uses in the real world.

I would like to praise the following players for their season:

Reece James – Played 52(3) games and managed three goals and 14 assists. Was even deployed as a RCB a few times.

Antonio Rüdiger – My best player statistic wise. So, so good as my left CB as wide centerback. That physical presence was great.

Marcos Alonso – Did very well as a WB, sharing the game time with Chilwell, but outperforming the Englishman. 16 assists and not just crosses from wide areas.

Christian Pulisic – Was never a regular starter, but he performed so well as both OM and as a WB at times. 11 goals and nine assists in 25(19) games is good.

Kai Havertz – Played primarily as a shadow striker and was very dominant until he was ruled out with a injury. Never found form again afterwards.   

55 minutes ago, Benoit2 said:

What roles and tactics did you use?

GK - Sweeper keeper (s)
RCB - Wide defender (s)
CB - Ball playing defender (d)
LCB - Wide defender (s)
RWB - Wingback (a)
RCM - Box to box 
LCM - Deep lying playmaker (s)
LWB - Wingback (a)
ROM - Shadow striker (a)
LOM - Offensive midfielder (a)
SS - Deep lying forward (s)

41 minutes ago, MBJ96 said:

GK - Sweeper keeper (s)
RCB - Wide defender (s)
CB - Ball playing defender (d)
LCB - Wide defender (s)
RWB - Wingback (a)
RCM - Box to box 
LCM - Deep lying playmaker (s)
LWB - Wingback (a)
ROM - Shadow striker (a)
LOM - Offensive midfielder (a)
SS - Deep lying forward (s)

And the team instructions? What kind of movements and link up play did you see that looked good?

7 hours ago, Benoit2 said:

And the team instructions? What kind of movements and link up play did you see that looked good?

From the top of my head: Balanced team mentality, shorter passing, wide width, play out from defence, higher loe, higher defensive line, press more, low crosses.

My wingbacks are often the players furthest forward in the build up. They are making crosses from deep and cutbacks when they enter the penalty area. 

Also scored a few goals when Lukaku dropped deep, and either one of my OM’s found the spare behind the opponents defensive line. 

Just bought Bastoni to play the LCB. Will switch Rüdiger to RCB now. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit through my second season and ended up stocking up on central defenders during the transfer window. I may have shot myself in the foot a bit because there are quite a few good players in that position and I'm sure a couple will pipe up with some concerns regarding game time over the course of the season. Playing a 3-4-1-2

GK: Mendy, Kepa

BPD: Sule, Chalobah

CD: Rudiger, Kaiky

WCB: Hernandez, Lenglet

RWB: James, Kalulu

LWB: Chillwell, Malacia

B2B: Mount, Gallagher

DLP: Jorginho, Gilmour

AP: Havertz, Lemar, CHO

DLF: Gabigol, Gouiri

AF: Lukaku, Pulisic

Trying to get some momentum going to get back in the save, haven't had much of an appetite as of late. Maybe I'll boot it up for a couple of hours this evening. Hope everyone else's save is going well!

EDIT: Hoping that Kova gets his passing and vision stats reverted to last year's values in the February update. He's been so good for us this season, I feel like some of his touches and passes have been sublime. Also hoping the same for Chalobah, at least potential-wise. I guess we'll see what happens.

Edited by PitchPosh

1 hour ago, PitchPosh said:

I'm a bit through my second season and ended up stocking up on central defenders during the transfer window. I may have shot myself in the foot a bit because there are quite a few good players in that position and I'm sure a couple will pipe up with some concerns regarding game time over the course of the season. Playing a 3-4-1-2

GK: Mendy, Kepa

BPD: Sule, Chalobah

CD: Rudiger, Kaiky

WCB: Hernandez, Lenglet

RWB: James, 

LWB: Chillwell, Malacia

B2B: Mount, Gallagher

DLP: Jorginho, Gilmour

AMC: Havertz, Lemar, CHO

DLF: Gabigol, Gouiri

AF: Lukaku, Pulisic

Trying to get some momentum going to get back in the save, haven't had much of an appetite as of late. Maybe I'll boot it up for a couple of hours this evening. Hope everyone else's save is going well!

EDIT: Hoping that Kova gets his passing and vision stats reverted to last year's values in the February update. He's been so good for us this season, I feel like some of his touches and passes have been sublime. Also hoping the same for Chalobah, at least potential-wise. I guess we'll see what happens.

Hey PitchPosh,

Hope you're well. I've just finished my 2nd season. Yet to win the league, But did manage to win the CL in the first season and lost in the final on pens to United the 2nd season. Beware if Mendy requests a new contract, his current one ends in 2025, but he demanded a new one on my save with better money, but could only offer him a years contract (losing 2 of current one). He may kick up a fuss - did on mine, so sold him to Milan for £80m! 

My squad has changed quite a bit.

GK: Justin Billow, Kepa (wants to leave), Newgen.

CB: Ahmedhodzic, Christensen, Ampadu (still undecided on whether to keep), Nianzou, Kaiky.

RB: James, Vanderson (may sell - want Livramento back), Saelemaekers, 

LB: Chilwell, Netz, George Bello, Maatsen, Bjorkan (will sell)

CM: Rice (new signing - £120m) Bellingham, Havertz, Mount, Gilmour.

Wingers: Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic (may sell), Anjorin (1st season in 1st team), Adeyemi (accepted a £74m from Dortmund - but may end up keeping him), Hlozek, Joao Felix (poor 1st season - joined in Jan tho), 

Strikers: Julian Alvarez, Dybala (looking to sell), Soonsup Bell (will become 3rd choice) Lukaku, Vlahovic - Cannot recommend him high enough - first season. 38 (10) Apps - 33 goals. Did have Luka Jovic on loan too - another decent player! 

It's dead round here now! 

2 hours ago, bucket said:

Hey PitchPosh,

Hope you're well. I've just finished my 2nd season. Yet to win the league, But did manage to win the CL in the first season and lost in the final on pens to United the 2nd season. Beware if Mendy requests a new contract, his current one ends in 2025, but he demanded a new one on my save with better money, but could only offer him a years contract (losing 2 of current one). He may kick up a fuss - did on mine, so sold him to Milan for £80m! 

My squad has changed quite a bit.

GK: Justin Billow, Kepa (wants to leave), Newgen.

CB: Ahmedhodzic, Christensen, Ampadu (still undecided on whether to keep), Nianzou, Kaiky.

RB: James, Vanderson (may sell - want Livramento back), Saelemaekers, 

LB: Chilwell, Netz, George Bello, Maatsen, Bjorkan (will sell)

CM: Rice (new signing - £120m) Bellingham, Havertz, Mount, Gilmour.

Wingers: Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic (may sell), Anjorin (1st season in 1st team), Adeyemi (accepted a £74m from Dortmund - but may end up keeping him), Hlozek, Joao Felix (poor 1st season - joined in Jan tho), 

Strikers: Julian Alvarez, Dybala (looking to sell), Soonsup Bell (will become 3rd choice) Lukaku, Vlahovic - Cannot recommend him high enough - first season. 38 (10) Apps - 33 goals. Did have Luka Jovic on loan too - another decent player! 

It's dead round here now! 

Hey Bucket,

Likewise, I hope 2022 is off to a good start for you. Sound squad you have there, loving that Cobham is still featuring quite heavily. I've been keeping an eye on Livramento as well, as I would love to bring him back. Seems to be developing decently, but still a bit off of where Kalulu is. I've also got an itch to bring back Tomori too, but I'm not quite sure who he'd replace. Milan weren't interested in negotiating for him during the summer window, even though he had a max estimated asking price of £37m. Loving the Rice signing, doesn't seem like getting him cheap is an option. I was able to get in him for £27m in my save on last year's FM. Still see him as the ideal long-term replacement for Jorgi, as long as he can improve his passing/vision attributes a bit. Seems like there is enough headroom for him to develop some more.

Shame about Mendy, he's a bit of a weird one for me this year, but that's a tidy profit! Love him IRL and in FM he's good, not great, and there don't seem to be a ton reasonable options to sign up to displace him. Love Kepa as a backup, but his wages are so high! May look to move them both on and start fresh next season, we'll see how things go.

Things have certainly dropped off here, definitely not like they were a few years back. Not even winning the CL again could get people back in here posting! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Game Date: 2nd March 2025.

Current Squad:

GK: 

Justin Bijlow - signed from Feyenoord. £25m

Kepa Arrizabalaga.

Damian Kelly - youth newgen.

DEFENCE:

Cristian Romero - signed from Bayern. £46m

Nikola Milenković - signed from Bayern - £24m

Josko Gvardiol - signed from RB Leipzig - £78m

Tanguy Nianzou - signed from Bayern - £25m

Ben Chilwell

Reece James

Tino Livramento - signed from Southampton - £40m.

Luca Netz - signed from Monchengladbach  - £50m.

MIDFIELD:

Declan Rice - signed from West Ham - £120m

Jude Bellingham - signed from Dortmund - £95m

Billy Gilmour.

Mason Mount.

Alexis Saelemaekers - signed from Milan - £60m

Callum Hudson-Odoi.

Dominik Szoboszlai - signed from RB Leipzig - £40.5m

ATTACK:

Julian Alvarez - signed from River - £6.25m (board signing!)

Kai Havertz.

Adam Hlozek - signed from Sparta Praha - £9m (BARGAIN!)

Joao Felix - signed from Atletico - £96m

Jude Soonsup-Bell.

Dusan Vlahovic - signed from Fiorentina - £53m

Martin Satriano - signed from Inter - £17.5m

TROPHIES:

Champions League: 2022, 2024.

Runner up: 2023.

Premier League: 2024.

Runner up: 2023

Super Cup: 2022, 2024.

Carabao Cup: 2022, 2024.

Notable players out:

Ziyech - £50m Real Madrid.

Jorginho - £44m Arsenal.

Werner - £40m Real Madrid.

Rudiger - £36.5m Milan.

Kante - £26.5m PSG

Alonso - £15m Napoli.

Mendy - £80m Milan.

Dybala - £49.5m Roma.

Kovavic - £41m PSG.

Ampadu - £17m Porto.

Pulisic - £15m Milan.

Chalobah - £12.75m Lille.

Adeyemi - £92m Milan.

Lukaku - £66m Juventus.

Christensen - £34.5m Newcastle.

Ahmedhodzic - £30.5m Juventus.

Gallagher - £17m West Ham.

On 03/02/2022 at 11:46, bucket said:

Game Date: 2nd March 2025.

Current Squad:

GK: 

Justin Bijlow - signed from Feyenoord. £25m

Kepa Arrizabalaga.

Damian Kelly - youth newgen.

DEFENCE:

Cristian Romero - signed from Bayern. £46m

Nikola Milenković - signed from Bayern - £24m

Josko Gvardiol - signed from RB Leipzig - £78m

Tanguy Nianzou - signed from Bayern - £25m

Ben Chilwell

Reece James

Tino Livramento - signed from Southampton - £40m.

Luca Netz - signed from Monchengladbach  - £50m.

MIDFIELD:

Declan Rice - signed from West Ham - £120m

Jude Bellingham - signed from Dortmund - £95m

Billy Gilmour.

Mason Mount.

Alexis Saelemaekers - signed from Milan - £60m

Callum Hudson-Odoi.

Dominik Szoboszlai - signed from RB Leipzig - £40.5m

ATTACK:

Julian Alvarez - signed from River - £6.25m (board signing!)

Kai Havertz.

Adam Hlozek - signed from Sparta Praha - £9m (BARGAIN!)

Joao Felix - signed from Atletico - £96m

Jude Soonsup-Bell.

Dusan Vlahovic - signed from Fiorentina - £53m

Martin Satriano - signed from Inter - £17.5m

TROPHIES:

Champions League: 2022, 2024.

Runner up: 2023.

Premier League: 2024.

Runner up: 2023

Super Cup: 2022, 2024.

Carabao Cup: 2022, 2024.

Notable players out:

Ziyech - £50m Real Madrid.

Jorginho - £44m Arsenal.

Werner - £40m Real Madrid.

Rudiger - £36.5m Milan.

Kante - £26.5m PSG

Alonso - £15m Napoli.

Mendy - £80m Milan.

Dybala - £49.5m Roma.

Kovavic - £41m PSG.

Ampadu - £17m Porto.

Pulisic - £15m Milan.

Chalobah - £12.75m Lille.

Adeyemi - £92m Milan.

Lukaku - £66m Juventus.

Christensen - £34.5m Newcastle.

Ahmedhodzic - £30.5m Juventus.

Gallagher - £17m West Ham.

Wow, that's an amazing amount of transfer business there, Bucket! A great looking squad there, too. Love seeing Tino Livramento coming back into the fold, how has he developed during your save? A midfield trio of Rice, Bellingham and Mount is the dream, I imagine there's not much that other teams can do to cop with them.

Been studying for some professional exams here, so not much time for FM over the last month or so. Hoping to get something going when the patch comes out, but we'll see. Checking back here every so often, though. Cheers for the update!

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Swills417 said:

In light of recent developments with the Chelsea ownership, does anyone know how to engineer the conditions in the editor to make Roman be "looking to sell the club" in the game?

On the editor, go into reputation and set board and fan confidence to less than 10

ı am ın my second season nearly endıng.We are leadıng the league comfortably by 16 poınts ahead and ınto semı fınals at champıons league won the fırst game agaınst psg 2-0.First season used 343 at half season then changed to 3412 because of left wıngers zıyech played great at right but lef sıde was  mostly poor so went on wıngerless.Ziyech werner lukaku mount james chilwell mendy rudiger all played so good.Second season bought rice(they wanted big money because of rivalry and used all my summer budget)ı bought sesko and adeyemi but arrenged their deals to summer season.This season changed to 4231 and goıng pretty good.Chelsea ıs fun save wıth great squad wıth bıg potentıal :)