Manager Age

Does the age of the manager make any difference?

I run a challenge where the manager has to be 20 (or 19) at the start. I didn't initiate the requirement, but I've always believed it possible that the age of the manager could have an effect on players and hiring clubs. However, there are no messages in game to confirm this. 

It seems from anecdotal evidence that if a manager starts out older, they are able to get better jobs, but this is based on too small a sample size for me to be certain about this.

It doesn't seem that age makes much difference the other end, (i.e. when the manager is 70 or above) but again, I've always interpreted anecdotal things to suggest that it is a slight factor. 

If age makes absolutely no difference, to player opinions, getting jobs or player / match performance or the rate at which manager attributes increase, and it is purely a cosmetic thing, like manager appearance, then I guess I should remove this from my challenge, as I always feel a bit of a jerk telling people they have to restart the challenge because of this.

Edited by vikeologist

The Media usually question it at the first press conference if you have set your managers age in the 20s or below, but I personally have not seen. much of a fuss given that matters, ie. players. 

My manager age is in my 20s and they ask if I will be able to have the respect of the players since some of the players are older than me.

However I dont think it makes a difference, I think what matters is your past experience and coaching badges, but I could be wrong

I think you can only get a son in-game if you are over 35.. Only thing I can think off, other than some media comments like newbie or veteran, I think.

1 hour ago, silentwars said:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but it would be a nice touch if it made the dynamics a little harder until you've won the dressing room.

Age isn't really relevant since it's not a guarantee of skill or experience. Why would an old man have an easier time winning over the dressing room?

Just now, Baodan said:

Age isn't really relevant since it's not a guarantee of skill or experience. Why would an old man have an easier time winning over the dressing room?

Well lets say a 20 year old and 40 year old start with the top coaching qualifications and start with ex international status which do you think will have the easier time winning around a squad in real life? For example, can you imagine Pogba been motivated to play for a 20 year old?

Generally, younger people have less authority over older people and that applies to football as well. But of course, experience and coaching qualifications play the main factor. 

The affect I thought it would have in game would be obtaining jobs. (Turns out it doesn't).

You'd expect a 20 year old to command less respect IRL from a squad.

I suppose I could do further experiments to see if different aged managers command different levels of respect initially in dynamics, but can't be bothered for the moment, because if it doesn't affect job applications, logically it is probably purely cosmetic.