What does a ‘Technical Director’ do?

Is there anything in the game that tells me the benefits of signing a technical director?

Also, are there any tasks that can be assigned to him? I’ve signed one but can’t seem to delegate anything to him. What will he do?

Each to their own but don't delegate anything important to staff. They offer ridiculously inflated contracts and sign terrible staff regardless of their attributes. 

But as said, they're like a DOF but for hiring/firing etc of staff. 

When I see one on staff when I take over, they're the first head to roll. In my experience they're over-paid, they mismanage club finances, and their spot on the staff roster can often be used on someone more useful. 

14 hours ago, XaW said:

In short terms, TD is a DoF for staff. So you should be able to delegate most of the staff things to him.

He doesn’t show up in the delegation list so maybe a bug? 

9 minutes ago, DP said:

He doesn’t show up in the delegation list so maybe a bug? 

Might be a skin issue because I don't have issues delegating him. Try the default skin (if you're using another skin) or try clearing the cache. You should be able to assign him to hire staff, renew staff contracts etc.

5 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Might be a skin issue because I don't have issues delegating him. Try the default skin (if you're using another skin) or try clearing the cache. You should be able to assign him to hire staff, renew staff contracts etc.

Thank you, wasn’t a skin issue, didn’t realise it was just down to hiring and firing staff. There should really be an explanation of what each role does and how it can help you. 

• 3 months later...

I have found that my technical director sign staff for my youth squads for lower wages than I would have managed. I have though mostly been focusing on trying to sign staff for my senior squad and feel that most I find worth signing are demanding much more than I can pay (or the board allow me to pay). However my technical director sign acceptable staff for my reserve and youth squad for peanuts. I manage Slovan Bratislava (second season) so it´s not the best TD in the game doing this for me. So I find the role, in my save, satisfying enough so far.

However, how realistic is it for a club to have a TD, a DoF and a manager? Probably Slovan Bratislava have a head coach rather than a manager in real life if they also have a TD and a DoF. But surely a DoF in general handle staff also and not just players?