Youssoufa Moukoko contract renewal bug

Hello everybody. I decided to start a new career with Borussia Dortmund after winter update. As you will see at the first screenshot, Moukoko has already agreed to sign professional contact on 20/11/2021. When we reach at this date, from the second screenshot we see that he signed this new contact actually only for 7 months. Finally, when i offer him new contact soon before the end of the december as i don't want other clubs to snatch him for free soon before his contact expires, he refuses to sign not because he is not happy at the club, but because auto-signed a new one recently. Eventually i lose my player as a result of contract offers from other clubs after 1/1/2022. Can you fix this bug please?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• SI Staff

Hi @Babafingo.

It looks like he's just become old enough to be switched onto the pro contract that we've set for him in the database. This is due to him turning 17 years old.

Could you confirm if after a couple of weeks or months you're able to offer him a contract at Dortmund?

Also, could you confirm where he left your club, to sign for? I can't see that in any of the screenshots. 

1 hour ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @Babafingo.

It looks like he's just become old enough to be switched onto the pro contract that we've set for him in the database. This is due to him turning 17 years old.

Could you confirm if after a couple of weeks or months you're able to offer him a contract at Dortmund?

Also, could you confirm where he left your club, to sign for? I can't see that in any of the screenshots. 

I had no chance to offer him a contract a couple of weeks later because he had agreed contact offer from Valencia on January 5 

5.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by Babafingo

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Babafingo said:

I had no chance to offer him a contract a couple of weeks later because he had agreed contact offer from Valencia on January 5 

Hi @Babafingo.

We have this one under review now. Many thanks for everything that you've provided.

As you've said, because the game needs to move Moukoko to his professional contract from the data (and it is so close to the point where he will have 6 months left of his contract), some clubs are able to negotiate with him. Dortmund are in a situation that they should not have got into, where the contract being signed is being counted as a recent negotiation, and it should have been counted as a pre-agreed switch of one deal to the other. 

This is a bug that will need a very unique solution, and it is a very niche one that barely any other players in our games will get into, so we're investigating all routes for a fix.

Thanks for reporting it and being patient whilst we look into that fix. 

18 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @Babafingo.

We have this one under review now. Many thanks for everything that you've provided.

As you've said, because the game needs to move Moukoko to his professional contract from the data (and it is so close to the point where he will have 6 months left of his contract), some clubs are able to negotiate with him. Dortmund are in a situation that they should not have got into, where the contract being signed is being counted as a recent negotiation, and it should have been counted as a pre-agreed switch of one deal to the other. 

This is a bug that will need a very unique solution, and it is a very niche one that barely any other players in our games will get into, so we're investigating all routes for a fix.

Thanks for reporting it and being patient whilst we look into that fix. 

I'm not sure how easy it will be to do but I'm sure you would need to change the rules that allow you to sign a professional contract from your 16th birthday now instead of your 17th in Germany. The rule was recently introduced because of yours truly Youssoufa Moukoko. 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Davidog said:

I'm not sure how easy it will be to do but I'm sure you would need to change the rules that allow you to sign a professional contract from your 16th birthday now instead of your 17th in Germany. The rule was recently introduced because of yours truly Youssoufa Moukoko. 

I think that is the route of this problem, for sure.

We've not had confirmation that it is possible for a 16 year old to sign a professional contract in Germany. 

Are you able to provide any sources for a rule change? Tagging in @Dan Ormsby just so he's aware of this one, too.

I think that is the route of this problem, for sure.

We've not had confirmation that it is possible for a 16 year old to sign a professional contract in Germany. 

Are you able to provide any sources for a rule change? Tagging in @Dan Ormsby just so he's aware of this one, too.

Apologies i was wrong, it was the rule change where you can play first team football at 16 now. Which has been implemented in the game. https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/new-minimum-age-for-players-of-the-future-youssoufa-moukoko-10723  image.thumb.png.575665e98c26686e643ac4ff6928603a.png

But i think the problem is his current youth contract expires in 2022 which the game has quite rightly implemented & I'm sure he has signed a pre professional contract I'm presuming. Which he will sign on his 17th birthday more likely than not. Here's the problem no one knows when that deal will expire! As of yet.  

On 25/02/2021 at 13:32, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @Babafingo.

Isn’t the easiest solution for this to just remove the pro contract you’ve set for him and put him on a youth contract? That way the player can decide when you offer him a pro contract like with any other youth player? If you waited until his 17th birthday to offer him a pro contract you’d get him on a 2 year deal and this would remove that issue? 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, elliotdanks said:

Isn’t the easiest solution for this to just remove the pro contract you’ve set for him and put him on a youth contract? That way the player can decide when you offer him a pro contract like with any other youth player? If you waited until his 17th birthday to offer him a pro contract you’d get him on a 2 year deal and this would remove that issue? 

There's a few hurdles in the way for us to be able to do exactly what you've suggested.
The biggest one being that we need to reflect the terms of his real-life current contract until June 2022. 

We can't make any changes to the contract data, but have the issue where you're unable to negotiate with Moukoko under review.

There's a few hurdles in the way for us to be able to do exactly what you've suggested.
The biggest one being that we need to reflect the terms of his real-life current contract until June 2022. 

We can't make any changes to the contract data, but have the issue where you're unable to negotiate with Moukoko under review.

Lovely, is this issue likely to be sorted for the  final winter update? Or do you have no idea yet currently?

Also.... I know it’s newspaper article so take it with a pinch of salt. It says he signed a pro deal at 16? 
When they changed the age that you can play in the Bundesliga from 17 to 16, did they also change the rules so that you can sign a pro deal at 16? If that’s implemented in the game that would also change things as you’d be able to negotiate earlier due to him signing the deal earlier?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13229068/dortmund-youssoufa-moukoko-nike-contract-wages/amp/

Edited by elliotdanks

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, elliotdanks said:

Also.... I know it’s newspaper article so take it with a pinch of salt. It says he signed a pro deal at 16? 
When they changed the age that you can play in the Bundesliga from 17 to 16, did they also change the rules so that you can sign a pro deal at 16? If that’s implemented in the game that would also change things as you’d be able to negotiate earlier due to him signing the deal earlier?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13229068/dortmund-youssoufa-moukoko-nike-contract-wages/amp/

Hi @elliotdanks

We've fixed this as best we can for the next update, but we aren't able to provide a code fix for current save games.

We won't be amending the age rule that someone can sign a pro contract, because 17 was confirmed to us by the Bundesliga, very recently.

Unfortunately, a code change around the contract negotiation prevention, right after he signs his pro contract (in November 2021), was causing too many knock-on affects to other players in the save game, and this situation with Youssoufa Moukoko is an extremely isolated case. Of course, we appreciate that if you have the player in your team it would be a very big deal to be given the opportunity to negotiate a contract beyond June 2022. However it was too risky to modify anything that could disrupt the entire contract renewal process we have.

What we did do is modify the player slightly. The contract details will remain the same and he will still sign his pro contract on 20th November 2021. However, when a club approaches to sign him, he will be far more reluctant to leave on a free and if a user approaches to sign him from January 2022, they will likely see this dialogue below, from the player's agent. 

image.png.a461e4aa1a2e58671e9f1e69a3d452cb.png

With these changes, we've gone through to the 22/23 Bundesliga season several times, and in every case the user or AI managing Dortmund has been able to have some negotiations with Moukoko, for a new deal. This will be available to the manager of Dortmund about 4 months after he moves onto his pro deal.

I've put in a request to fix this one better in the future, but this is the best we can do for now.

6 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

Hi @elliotdanks

We've fixed this as best we can for the next update, but we aren't able to provide a code fix for current save games.

We won't be amending the age rule that someone can sign a pro contract, because 17 was confirmed to us by the Bundesliga, very recently.

Unfortunately, a code change around the contract negotiation prevention, right after he signs his pro contract (in November 2021), was causing too many knock-on affects to other players in the save game, and this situation with Youssoufa Moukoko is an extremely isolated case. Of course, we appreciate that if you have the player in your team it would be a very big deal to be given the opportunity to negotiate a contract beyond June 2022. However it was too risky to modify anything that could disrupt the entire contract renewal process we have.

What we did do is modify the player slightly. The contract details will remain the same and he will still sign his pro contract on 20th November 2021. However, when a club approaches to sign him, he will be far more reluctant to leave on a free and if a user approaches to sign him from January 2022, they will likely see this dialogue below, from the player's agent. 

image.png.a461e4aa1a2e58671e9f1e69a3d452cb.png

With these changes, we've gone through to the 22/23 Bundesliga season several times, and in every case the user or AI managing Dortmund has been able to have some negotiations with Moukoko, for a new deal. This will be available to the manager of Dortmund about 4 months after he moves onto his pro deal.

I've put in a request to fix this one better in the future, but this is the best we can do for now.

Brilliant thank you, a lot of people will be relieved by this. I very much appreciate the feedback and effort to put this right. 

Now just make it so that we can register him before January, make him left footed and the right height and we’re golden! Haha! 

I have the exact same problem. I made such a nice wonderkids team that i was building around Moukoko and now Lazio offered him a contract and there was nothing i could do. It ruined my whole process sadly. I kept a save point before the transfer window but as i can read here there is nothing that can be done to salvage current saves. Its weird that there are no negotiations possible at all :(

I have the exact same problem, so there is now way that the next update will be able to fix this? 
Its basically loosing the best wonderkid in the game for free when he is perfectly happy and scoring 12 goals in 10 starters as an 17 year old... Kinda ruined the save. 

Yeah i had like a lot of nice transfers that play in support of moukoko in my system. Then suddenly now i lose him and my whole save that i did a lof work for is gone. And now there is no view on when this other update will be.. So im not playing anymore at the moment because it is useless.

1 hour ago, Belgian_waffle44 said:

Thought it would be fixed with this update?

Unfortunately no, it doesn't look among patch notes, besides i started a new career in morning after update and Bayern Munich got him for free in January 2022 when he was not prepared to enter into contract discussion with me.

• SI Staff

Hey all, 

As Ed said above some changes were made for new save games in 21.4 that should see Moukoko less inclined to join clubs in January '22 on a pre-contract agreement. Due to game-wide repercussions, changes couldn't be made at this late stage to ensure that Moukoko always stays at Dortmund, so I'm afraid there will still be some instances in new saves of him agreeing to join other clubs. Factors such as if Moukoko has a good relationship with the user and is playing regularly, alongside uncontrollable elements like which clubs come in for him and what his personality is like in your save, will all have an influence on whether or not Moukoko's likely to stay or not.

Hope that provides a little more information, and happy to respond to any further questions.

Cheers,

Julius

• 1 month later...

Have the same issue. He signed his pre-determined pro Contract in November 21 until June 22. I constantly tried to offer him a new contract but he refused as he had only just signed this one. Ended up signing with Lazio on a bosman in Jan. All the time stating that he wouldnt negotiate with me as he had only just signed a contract.

It / He is broken, it needs fixing. He is the best 16 year old in game so its quite an impactful and significant bug. He had plenty of games for me (once eligible) and is not really an answer/solution to this bug (as offered by Julius above)

mouk1.PNG

mouk2.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me on my 21.4 save. This is reallly infuriating and should be dealt with after this many updates to the game.

It's basically forced me to buy FMRTE21 to avoid this from happening. Worst thing is that the user is basically without any form of control over this and for me it's unacceptable.

The argument that this "bug" happens only to the very small part of the playerbase so we won't do enough to resolve this issue is just awful.

I ran into this too, why is this still not fixed?

Moukoko turns 17 on 20/11/2021, then signs a professional contract that expires on 30/6/2022 and then does not want to sign a new contract in the meantime, because he has just signed one.

On 1-1-2022, half of Europe offers him a contract and he signs with Real Madrid. :seagull:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am having the same bug and it's kinda of disappointing to see the above response from SI, after spending hours on my game to build dortmund around him he is not willing to enter a contract so soon. As @ leeturner mentioned he is the best 16 year old in the game. Based on the appalling reply by SI above i will definitely not buy FM 22 when its released.

This is not a perfect solution, but the only work around I could find is to mutually agree to release him before he starts accepting offers from other clubs. Then offer him a massive contract so he chooses you instead of another team. This is the only way to offer him a contract before he leaves for free. Good luck!

Edit: Now I can't resign him after this contract expires. The agent says that he is not interested in joining my team because he just recently left. But it's been more than 2 years and I'm still getting the same message. I even went forward all the way to 6 months before his contract expires and he still won't sign. So my only option now is to trade him :(

Edited by themaximus77