Official FMH Forum - Off Topic Thread

Glenn

Couldn't agree more. Several times I've considered posting on here like I do in the GPTG, quite a lot. But almost everytime I do there's someone who posts a load of threads like we have seen today. the FMH Forum isn't going to attract new members if there are a lot of threads like today's around.

Sure, the guys from SI do a great job. But they shouldn't have to. There shouldn't be a load of threads to be closed, abusive, insultive or just pointless. I feel if this forum is going to become a helpful, friendly forum it needs a moderator or two.

Views?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glenn, I can appreciate it's irritating to have to hand out warnings etc for people breaking the rules, I'm just surprised to have gotten one for a starred out swear word when people haven't for going completely off topic and all but ruining good threads. If I'd had any inkling that a warning would result from that then obviously I wouldn't have even bothered with the starring, and replaced it with something like "flipping" or "fudgewazzering". Thanks for the explanation though :)

Same here... I wouldn't of put the swear word if I knew what it would result in (it's changed now to what I would have put.)

I apologise to anyone that seen it :thup:

Glenn

Couldn't agree more. Several times I've considered posting on here like I do in the GPTG, quite a lot. But almost everytime I do there's someone who posts a load of threads like we have seen today. the FMH Forum isn't going to attract new members if there are a lot of threads like today's around.

Sure, the guys from SI do a great job. But they shouldn't have to. There shouldn't be a load of threads to be closed, abusive, insultive or just pointless. I feel if this forum is going to become a helpful, friendly forum it needs a moderator or two.

Views?

i agree with what you say and generally this is a good helpful forum but we get people who start posting random rubbish and spoil it for the regulars on here.

I can understand that new people wouldnt want to come on here and join if they see that going on.

We have had discussions before about having a mod on here but then the pointless posting stopped so we didnt get one and now its starting again and its getting quite stupid tbh.

I for one would welcome a mod on here to stop this pointless posting

Glenn

Views?

Totally agree 100%, i think there should def be a mod for this forum the past 2 days have proved it along with the whole millsybeast issue plus i seem to get a lot of the abuse and threads made about me as i have posted here the most

i agree with what you say and generally this is a good helpful forum but we get people who start posting random rubbish and spoil it for the regulars on here.

I can understand that new people wouldnt want to come on here and join if they see that going on.

We have had discussions before about having a mod on here but then the pointless posting stopped so we didnt get one and now its starting again and its getting quite stupid tbh.

I for one would welcome a mod on here to stop this pointless posting

Firstly, thanks for replying:)

I reckon that if a mod isn't appointed then the on-off bad posting will just get worse, and soon it will just get out of hand. Whether or not the bad posts stop I think a mod should come in, because by what you are saying the influx of spam is always going to come back.

Without a mod I don't think this forum will improve. It's a shame, because FMH is a great game, but people don't want to join a forum in this state.

You really offended me so you should be apologising lol so should everyone else who swore

I hearby apologise to anyone who may have been traumatized by my apparent swearing, and have altered my original post to something more family friendly :D

Totally agree 100%, i think there should def be a mod for this forum the past 2 days have proved it along with the whole millsybeast issue plus i seem to get a lot of the abuse and threads made about me as i have posted here the most

I've noticed that quite a few posts are directed at you. Not completely sure why this is, as you seem to be one of the more helpful users on here. It was the same in the GPTG, users such as HoPeY, Purefun, TomTuck and I were the normal users who had threads insulting us, as we were trying to keep the forum, which at that time didn't have a permanent mod, in order. That was despite us being on the forums a lot and posting in the majority of threads.

Seems people can't even help anymore:rolleyes::(

its been like this for a while, it goes quiet for a while then one person decides to have a go at me as they dont like what ive typed etc but im used to it now. My whole point of joining this forum was to help others and talk about the game etc and not wanting to sound big headed but i would say ive helped a lot of people and the few minority who dont like me im not really bothered what they think

I've noticed that quite a few posts are directed at you. Not completely sure why this is, as you seem to be one of the more helpful users on here. It was the same in the GPTG, users such as HoPeY, Purefun, TomTuck and I were the normal users who had threads insulting us, as we were trying to keep the forum, which at that time didn't have a permanent mod, in order. That was despite us being on the forums a lot and posting in the majority of threads.

Seems people can't even help anymore:rolleyes::(

It's a bit sad that people can't just play nice, but I agree that from what I've seen since I started posting again, this forum could do with at least one permanent mod.

Though I've barely been posting here a week so I can't really say much for what it's usually like, there seems to be a good bunch of people here and I've been trying to make a positive contribution.

its been like this for a while, it goes quiet for a while then one person decides to have a go at me as they dont like what ive typed etc but im used to it now. My whole point of joining this forum was to help others and talk about the game etc and not wanting to sound big headed but i would say ive helped a lot of people and the few minority who dont like me im not really bothered what they think

I agree with this, you seem to help a lot of people. There are a few threads insulting you, which is why I think this forum needs a mod. If there was one then the helpful users wouldnt get insulted just because they try to help.

Yours is a warning. If you get 0 it means you have been warned, and a similar offence will result in a 10 infraction(1 week ban).

Most people get 0's or 10's when they get infracted, as it is the lightest punishment.

I see, so is it there permantently?

But when someone new comes on then some people are helpful but other times they get moaned at,get accused of being millsy and stuff like that by the regulars and i had it when i first came on here so you cant say it doesnt happen.

You're right, people do get accused of being Millsy, even if theres no evidence of this. I very much doubt this would happen if there were a moderator who could take action depending on what he/she thinks. I feel people accuse people of being Millsy because they know that even if they are wrong they won't have any action taken against them.

Like I said, the staff from SI are doing a great job but they shouldn't have to lock threads and give out infractions etc. They need to focus on their job, and we need to help them. To help them a mod needs to be chosen, so they don't have to look through a load of threads.

It's a bit sad that people can't just play nice, but I agree that from what I've seen since I started posting again, this forum could do with at least one permanent mod.

Though I've barely been posting here a week so I can't really say much for what it's usually like, there seems to be a good bunch of people here and I've been trying to make a positive contribution.

You're right, there are quite a few good, helpful users. But there are also quite a few awful users, who ruin it for everyone. This has been shown today.

Yours is a warning. If you get 0 it means you have been warned, and a similar offence will result in a 10 infraction(1 week ban).

Most people get 0's or 10's when they get infracted, as it is the lightest punishment.

So I got an infraction for 10 but I didn't get banned, so what does that mean, also Ben got banned for 2 weeks for getting 20, so shouldn't I be banned for 1 week?

Also to Glenn and the other SI's, can we please get a PM system checker or something as insulting PM's can also be sent and people are let off the hook.

So I got an infraction for 10 but I didn't get banned, so what does that mean, also Ben got banned for 2 weeks for getting 20, so shouldn't I be banned for 1 week?

Also to Glenn and the other SI's, can we please get a PM system checker or something as insulting PM's can also be sent and people are let off the hook.

Could you not forward these to Glenn or Marc?

Really? A 10 Infraction should be a 1 week ban.

20 Infraction is 2 weeks, so thats fine.

You could report someone by PM by quoting that PM and forwarding it to someone more official, such as a mod. Like the one which hopefully will be appointed.

Swearing :(

Oh, in that case it should only be about a month I should think. But I would PM whoever gave it to you and ask.

Infractions and warnings automatically expire, so you don't need to worry about them. You typically need a total of 30 points for a 1 week ban I think.

If you've been receiving abusive PM's (assuming there isn't a report option) ... simply forward them onto a mod to take a look at.

When did they start expiring automatically? I know you used to have to PM mods@sigames.com to get them to go.

I was told that 10 was a one week ban, 20 is a two week ban.

Lukaboi

I think a warning is 1 month, I just checked.

Sweet god, go away for 4 hours and it all kicks off.

Last time I checked, 30 infractions resulted in a 1 month ban, another 30 will result in another 1 month ban etc. However, a serious crime will result in a permenant ban. I believe there was/is a thread about it in the Off topic place.

Glenn

Views?

The regulars here have been looking into seeking a permanent FMH mod but until recently, there wasn't a need for it.

yip but up came big Vid to bang in the goal!

This man has been an excellent find up there with Schmeichel, Cantona, Solsjkaer

Don't forget Evra! Fantastic find.

Evra wasn't exactly a secret though to be honest, he was tearing up trees at Monaco for a good couple of years before going to United. He's a fantastic player mind, only Clichy is in his league in the Premiership.

Edit: Relegation will be West Brom, Blackburn and Newcastle :(

Hello all, haven't been on here for a little while,

Everyone seems to have got infractions :D, what's that all about???

Seems like ben1989blades is the new millsy, 7 closed threads, all pointless, pretty childish.

I notice there's a few new faces here.

Well, i've kinda moved over to the dark side (FM Pc), and have to say, the newest one is quality.

It just sucked me in, and i've got a new laptop so portable FM play is much more feasable, can't exactly carry round a processor and monitor :D, i doubt i'll be going back to FMH just yet but who knows.

Still, i can join in this off-topic thread, as long as it's gonna stick to reasonable posts (i don't want an infraction:D)

Anyways, just thought i'd drop in to say hello.

:thup:

Archived