Official FMH Forum - Off Topic Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

id be kind of mad if ashley young moved to madrid because he is such a good player in the premiership and i think it would ruin his career as i dont think he would play every game for them. As for diarra im not to fussed tbh. he seems to move every transfer window.

I'd be surprised if Villa let Young go in January. They're in the hunt for a Champions League spot, and thanks to Randy Lerner they don't need the money, and I'm sure if they just said to him "If we haven't qualified for the Champions League then you can go in the summer" he'd stay.

Anyone else think Villa have an outside shot at the title? If they strengthen appropriately in January I think they could catch everyone by surprise.

As for Diarra, it's a signing Madrid need, and a good profit for Pompey, everyone wins.

So much for Allardyce not wanting the job!

Diarra transfer was always going to happen lets face it when he joined portsmouth he said he was only there until a big team came along, as for Young i hope he doesnt go as he is one of my fav players in the EPL

This is a bit random but i think arsenal should sack wenger because he hasnt won anything for them in the past couple of years and only brought in a few decent players (like nasri). who agrees with me?

I bet no-one agrees with you,in the next few seasons arsenal are going to have one of the best squads in the league and start winning things again.

it might be just me but what has Wenger done in the last couple of years apart from make a great youth squad that will be good but most of them are Teenagers! Teens cant cope with week after week of matches!

Didnt realise Alan"you cant win anything with kids" Hansen was here!

Anybody that likes fifa09 its only £20 on 360 and £15 on psp in gamestation.

yeah i got the psp version today.

Im quite impressed with it tbh. Its the first fifa game i have played since 03 and it has improved alot. The only annoying part is that fifa go on about it being authentic but they carnt even ge the players skin colour right. The following forest players have a dark skin tone in real life but are white on the game

Nathan tyson

rob earnshaw

julian bennett

lewis mcgugan

kelvin wilson.

indeed how much money have chelsea over spent on players???

shevchenko 35m -30M Transfer Fee ;)

veron 15m

duff 17m

crespo 16.8m - He was in the region of 12 and 15 Million.

shaun wright phillips - 21m

none of these were good at chelsea and ended up leaving on cut price deals

Duff was quality at chelsea, and so was SWP...

My FIFA BAP Career

Wolves - 92 Goals

Transfer to Derry City

Derry - 102 Goals - CAPTAIN

Transfer to Manchester United (Legend)

89 Goals

74 Goals

Im international legend now aswell

Ive scored 23goals in 27 games for derby reserves and first team from midfield:D

What position are you?

Well, speaking of postponements, it reminds me of something my dad did in the 90s. Me and my dad, we like non-league football, but since I was only a wee kid then, he went to watch a Monday night football game at a small place called Tow Law. This wasn't even to watch our local non-league team, Newcastle Blue Star. Anyways, he travelled through heavy fog, claimed he almost crashed twice and ended up getting there 25 minutes late only to find the match had been called off.

It just shows how ridiculous and short-termist football has got when someone like Arsene Wenger, after all he's done and continues to do for Arsenal, is even mentioned in the same sentence as "sack". They're not even out of the hunt for the Premiership this season yet and people are already moaning.

I'll stick my neck out here and say if Wenger brings in a good, experienced defensive midfielder and a centre half with good physical presence in January they will win the league.

what do you think to the champs league draw.

Chelsea v Juventus

Villarreal v Panathinaikos

Sporting Lisbon v Bayern Munich

Atletico Madrid v FC Porto

Lyon v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Liverpool

Arsenal v Roma

Inter Milan v Manchester United

all the english teams have got quite hard games this year.

Liverpool are always better in the second half of the season, so if there still 1st when theyve been playing rubbish then they should be able to win it finally.

The reason they've been excellent in the second half of each season in recent years is due to Rafa's rotation of his squad over the first half of the season. The problem with that was they'd drop points against silly opposition and no matter how well they played in the second half there just wasn't enough games left to catch up.

This year they've rotated less early on in order to avoid dropping too many needless points, which has worked to some extent - but to some extent is okay because their rivals have all also dropped points to teams they wouldn't expect to. Don't be surprised to see Liverpool having a less spectacularly good second half of the season this time round. Whether they'll still win it or not... who knows right now!

jimmy bullard told he can leave fulham in jan transfer window. Bit suprised about this tbh.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_4668926,00.html

I'll take back everything I've ever said about Joe Kinnear if he signs him up :D

I just read a conflicting story saying he's not leaving in January, but non-committal about whether his contract will be renewed when it expires in the summer.

what do you think to the champs league draw.

Chelsea v Juventus

Villarreal v Panathinaikos

Sporting Lisbon v Bayern Munich

Atletico Madrid v FC Porto

Lyon v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Liverpool

Arsenal v Roma

Inter Milan v Manchester United

all the english teams have got quite hard games this year.

Brilliant draw, I'm just upset none of the fudgewazzers drew Barcelona! You all remember how good Euro 2008 was, right? My theory is, if all the English teams go out in the last 16, the rest of the Champions League will be just as brilliant ;)

Archived