Official FMH Forum - Off Topic Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet no-one agrees with you,in the next few seasons arsenal are going to have one of the best squads in the league and start winning things again.

Also, look at SAF. First number of years at Man Utd they were pure cack, then their youngsters prevailed and now have arguably one of the most versatile and powerful teams in the world. Wenger may not have won the trophies that Chelsea and man Utd and Liverpool have but he also hasn't inflicted the sort of financial woes they have.

what do you think to the champs league draw.

Chelsea v Juventus

Villarreal v Panathinaikos

Sporting Lisbon v Bayern Munich

Atletico Madrid v FC Porto

Lyon v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Liverpool

Arsenal v Roma

Inter Milan v Manchester United

all the english teams have got quite hard games this year.

Love it! No game is a set result, anyone could go through.

Arsenal and chelsea will go through,hopefully liverpool and maybe man u.

Liverpool and Man u have got the hardest draws.

Im just wondering what would be better ;

Liverpool to knock out Madrid or for Madrid to knock out Liverpool and let us knock their sorry asses out of the CL!

If you watch spanish football then you would of seen what ramos did at sevilla,im sure he'll do it at real madrid aswell and you're never gonna get an easy game against madrid.

I did indeed see what he did at Sevilla - he piggybacked on 5 years of Joaquin Caparros' hard work bringing through the likes of Reyes, Baptista, Alves, Capel, Navas, Fabiano, Renato et al to pick up the trophies at the end of it. I'm not saying he didn't do a good job of that, but I've yet to see him turn around a club in trouble - and that's what Real are.

As for no easy matches against Real? I'm pretty sure Getafe found it pretty easy a couple of weeks ago when they spanked them 3-1. As did Sevilla a week later when they came out 4-3 at the Bernebeu (if not for Higuain it would have been 4-0). Barcelona may have taken a while last week to end up at 2-0 but they were never in danger of losing the game.

I know a lot can change between now and the first legs being played, but unless Ramos pulls something out of the hat, Real are going out on their arses.

Go on his wikipedia page and you'll see that his spell at Sevilla was the exception, and the Tottenham one was the rule. Very similar win percentages at Spurs and his (many, many) clubs before Sevilla.

I was surprised too, I was digging around to see how he'd done at his previous clubs (I only remember him from his Betis days onward) and it turns out he may in fact be rubbish! I always thought he was pretty good, but not that good.

More proof that most chairmen manage their clubs on flavour-of-the-month trends rather than doing a proper background check on their man. I mean it took me 2 minutes to check wikipedia, and I'm just trying to make a point on an internet forum! They're awarding multi-million pound contracts and they obviously are oblivious to his mediocrity otherwise he wouldn't be in a job

Man U arent having their best game today and the nasty little cheap team arent doing to badly

Champions of South America ahead of River Plate, Boca Juniors and Fluminense - yeah they must be nasty, little and cheap.

Oooh bye bye Vidic :D

Are any Man u fans worried now vidic has gone off..........

no i didnt think so haha

Gutted though as he is now out of our first game at Inter Milan because he is banned from the next continental match, aka The CL.

too right i am, i was over the moon when they got the late winner it makes it even better now with them being the richest club in the world, it wasnt too long ago when they were saying they were going to win everything and buy anybody they wanted! Now look at them,lol

Gary Speed... Maybe but with no experience it would be a massive risk!!

Anyone heard that Lucas Radebe had a heart attack and sugery the other day? He's home now and stable but I really feel for him and his kids especially :(

Archived