[FM21] How good can Yusuf Demir become?

ShaunG95

16283659.png

Yusuf Demir is a Austrian 17-year-old right-winger who is versatile in attacking positions, his attributes predominantly favour an inside-forward role as he is left-footed however he also has the finishing ability to play as a striker.

bGRmkYB.png

Off the bat, he is special, make no mistake about it. He has impressive dribbling, finishing, quickness and determination for a young player already. I think he'd be a starter for some low-end Premier League teams even at the start of the game and that is testament to his ability at such a young age. It's certainly worth mentioning that Demir potentially could reach the same prime ability as Neymar, a staggering prospect.

For the purpose of this simulation, I holidayed forward 7 years to roughly see what Demir would be like at 23/24. The intention of the simulation was to specifically use him as a strker in the advanced forward role with a particular emphasis on his finishing in training over the course of these years. I didn't toy with the staff team's quality or training schedules so in terms of optimisation of just how good Demir's attributes could be, this end result is probably more generic, focusing on his all-round game. For example, if I was to have played this save in hope of maximising his finishing, I would have had him and the rest of the team focusing on chance conversion regularly across the training week as well as having the best coaching staff I could possibly recruit.

EiSxqix.png

It is glaringly obvious that this is someone that is quite clearly one of the best players in the game and if you were unaware of just how good he could become, this is a very good indicator right here. His goalscoring record is stupidly good, 219 goals in 256 games at 23, yes, 23. He's a day away from becoming 24 but even so, it's just a simply ridiculous record. It is worth considering that 53 of these goals were penalties but that was intentional, he was put on that role to simply bulk-out his goal scoring record. 

You will also notice that his personality has changed from resolute to model citizen, a resolute personality is excellent anyway for a young player and this will almost guarantee that he'll develop well in every save irrespective of his potential range. His personality changed as he was in a mentoring group with Rodrigo Palacio who was regularly played for two years at the start of the save, during this time he acquired Palacio's traits of places shots and and cuts inside from both wings.

NWauRes.png

I will talk-around his career history from the first season and what an impressive season it was, 17 goals in the Premier League as a 17-year-old is amazing. From there, it was quite evident that he developed rapidly as a player as he scored over 27 league goals in every single season from that point onwards. He also managed to keep himself relatively injury-free which is fortunate as his injury proneness attribute tends to fluctuate from save to save. It's also interesting how many assists he lays on for his teammates as he has some superb playmaking abilities too. I felt it was only fair to stop at this stage of the save as he led Man City to a Champions League trophy - scoring 18 goals in one campaign which broke the record set by Cristiano Ronaldo. Demir scored 75 goals in total alongside 20 assists, that is 95 goal contributions in 59 appearances which is simply Lionel Messi-esque and I think in terms of his overall ability, it's a worthy comparison between those two as they have very similar skillsets. Albeit, Messi is a complete freak and his in-game attributes will probably never be replicated by any other player. Also, in regards to his free transfer to Man City, he was simply moved across using the in-game editor for the purpose of this experiment.

Verdict: He's a must-buy. Rapid Vienna require around £50m to allow you to poach him from them but that's justified, an in-game value of £95m and seemingly a rightful heir to Sergio Aguero should you choose to manage Man City, it's a no-brainer and it doesn't need any further vindication. Whether you roll an inferior version of Demir in terms of his potential or get a version of him that is close to the peak of his ability, you can't afford to miss out on FM21's biggest talent.

---

EDIT: Demir at his maximum potential on the 21.3.0 update (had a finishing downgrade by 2 attribute points at the beginning of the game).

uL2zyrn.png

Edited by ShaunG95

1 hour ago, DarklinkCL said:

Excellent player in my save too, but not THAT good :eek:

He can range from being a very good Premier League player to being world-class and one of the best in the game, it really just depends on your luck when starting the save. On this simulation I just kept restarting saves until he was at his maximum.

3 hours ago, kilik said:

Just lost him to Real Madrid, they paid his release clause of 90m, going into my 4th season with Brentford hes already world class at 20 years old

Sorry for your loss! He’s a complete monster on this game. He wasn’t too shabby on the last update last year either.

I have been inspired in here and going to start a joint save as Rapid Wien and Austria national team manager just cos I like the look of Demir so much that I want to do a dynasty save and try build my Rapid team around him or at least make big money off him and use the money from the sale to turn Rapid into the best producers of young players.

First part of business was to sign Yusuf Demir to a new contract with a £120 million release clause. I got him for the next 3 years and I will hopefully get him to sign a longer contract in December time.

image.thumb.png.7267bac01a50641189e7df3f8905123f.png

image.thumb.png.a4b93299c7bf383a944f1c2f57b72b8a.png

I also have tied down a lot of Rapid's talented youngsters to new contracts with a lot of them having minimum fee release clauses of £60m each.

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I have been inspired in here and going to start a joint save as Rapid Wien and Austria national team manager just cos I like the look of Demir so much that I want to do a dynasty save and try build my Rapid team around him or at least make big money off him and use the money from the sale to turn Rapid into the best producers of young players.

Look forward to following this! I did something similar with Karim Adeyemi on FM20 but this'll be even more interesting because Demir is even better - where are you playing him?

Just now, ShaunG95 said:

Look forward to following this! I did something similar with Karim Adeyemi on FM20 but this'll be even more interesting because Demir is even better - where are you playing him?

I play him as an Advanced Forward in a 4-3-3 formation.

Here is a screenshot

image.thumb.png.befc4783fead3ad2e5b2b467c8c2dbf7.png

He hasn't scored many goals yet but I think he will come good in time.

image.thumb.png.0352e0d1b1764088bc4480d2567a0a5e.png

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I play him as an Advanced Forward in a 4-3-3 formation.

Here is a screenshot

image.thumb.png.befc4783fead3ad2e5b2b467c8c2dbf7.png

He hasn't scored many goals yet but I think he will come good in time.

image.thumb.png.0352e0d1b1764088bc4480d2567a0a5e.png

From my own experience, his decisions and composure let him down ever so slightly at the start of the game but he improves so quickly that it'll soon be rectified.

37 minutes ago, bendixkunert2 said:

That release clause might get triggered

Do you mean mine of £120 million. I don't know. I mean maybe it will.

I wanted him to sign a new contract but he is insisting on a £36.5m minimum release clause but wont let me go higher on that so I cancelled talks as he still has just under 3 years left on it.

I just hope I don't get a situation where he turns 20 and leaves on a free when his contract expires.

He is doing well so far.

image.thumb.png.318fb14eddb22c842d08db2a056b567f.png

I ended up being 2nd in my first season with Rapid Wien. Red Bull Salzburg were just too strong.image.thumb.png.52b4948404355a3936e0766e6547503b.png

image.thumb.png.682f0a7eb7aaae025bc08b5fd1ef46df.png

Yusuf Demir had a good first season for me. He got 12 goals in 35 games and 6 assists with an average rating of 6.84. 

image.thumb.png.eca718a42806ccc803812be406305501.png

I managed to tie down Demir to a new contract for 3 years but the problem is that he now has a Minimum Release Clause Fee of £36m. I am hoping nobody goes for him in the summer and eventually I can tie him down to another contract with a higher release clause.

image.thumb.png.fbfc47b0514c59801eee9ac88cfcd926.png

I managed to win the Austrian league with Rapid Wien. I also qualified for the World Cup with Austria beating France in the Play Off semis and then Poland in the Play Off final.

image.thumb.png.75efd31eee4615e946093c0517a19def.png

Yusuf Demir had an ok season with 8 goals and 8 assists. He was injured for a bit of the season and had some poor performances at times. His current ability has gone down.

image.thumb.png.d45ad9a39f8567b10af0b2ce8373793b.png

image.thumb.png.c3895cd4d0123c795b8d6653fe81b04a.png

I am Lazio and I got Yusuf Demir for around 24 mio € in second season. He is worth all the money.

He is 20 now and he got his breakthrough this season both scoring goals and providing many assists. He is the Serie A assist king and have made whopping 25 assists this season so far across tournaments (still have 5-6 matches left). I play him as IW right (S).

Seems he will turn into a world beater.

Yusuf Demir.png

Edited by 303jonas

3 hours ago, 303jonas said:

I am Lazio and I got Yusuf Demir for around 24 mio € in second season. He is worth all the money.

He is 20 now and he got his breakthrough this season both scoring goals and providing many assists. He is the Serie A assist king and have made whopping 25 assists this season so far across tournaments (still have 5-6 matches left). I play him as IW right (S).

Seems he will turn into a world beater.

Yusuf Demir.png

Yeah I played him upfront in my save but I think you have him in the right position.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I played him upfront in my save but I think you have him in the right position.

dOsK3QP.png

I've played him as a striker virtually all throughout his career, he's awesome. Not quite at the peak of his potential as seen in my original post but all the same he has some unreal attributes.

• 2 months later...

Just as a little aside, Demir’s finishing was decreased to 11 on the latest update. I will be testing how viable he is still as a striker on a new save. I will update when he’s close to his full potential - stay tuned.

19 hours ago, ShaunG95 said:

Just as a little aside, Demir’s finishing was decreased to 11 on the latest update. I will be testing how viable he is still as a striker on a new save. I will update when he’s close to his full potential - stay tuned.

I’ve got him at Everton but loaned him out to get a work permit. Plan is to use him as a shadow striker. Finishing of 11 shouldn’t be too much of an issue

55 minutes ago, nick1408 said:

I’ve got him at Everton but loaned him out to get a work permit. Plan is to use him as a shadow striker. Finishing of 11 shouldn’t be too much of an issue

Who did you loan him to? Just out of interest.
I’ve started a new save as Everton (my favourite team) and so far he’s scoring off the bench in the league as a striker so so far, so good. 

I am also trying to control his personality as much as possible too, he’s in a mentoring group with Rodrigo Palacio and Sergio Floccari so the goal is he becomes a model citizen too. I’ve had him as a model citizen on another save but given his qualities as a player, he’s perfect foil as a future mentor

On my first save as Everton this year, I didn’t really worry about mentoring but on my second save of the year, post-Jan update, I tend to focus primarily on mentoring and totally revamp the squad. It means my short term successes are limited but bringing in talented youngsters like Demir who are mentored from model citizens and professionals from day one will result in better development.

I can imagine Demir is outrageous as either a shadow striker or inside forward but I have fond memories of using him last year as a striker as that was his only position, therefore I see him as a striker. His finishing has already increased to 12 in October so I don’t think that’ll be an issue whatsoever.

Edited by ShaunG95

3 hours ago, ShaunG95 said:

I’ve started a new save as Everton (my favourite team) and so far he’s scoring off the bench in the league as a striker so so far, so good. 

Loaned him to Fiorentina in January 2022. So far has 4 goals in 8(4) matches.

image.thumb.png.af9281bbce09defd4a862f00e6899d87.png

28 minutes ago, nick1408 said:

Loaned him to Fiorentina in January 2022. So far has 4 goals in 8(4) matches.

image.thumb.png.af9281bbce09defd4a862f00e6899d87.png

Seems to be playing quite well, it’s startling how good he is from the beginning really. The potential is evidently there for all to see but he’s effective even as a starter in a top league from season one.

The dream is him and Moukoko up-front for me.

5 hours ago, ShaunG95 said:

I am also trying to control his personality as much as possible too, he’s in a mentoring group with Rodrigo Palacio and Sergio Floccari so the goal is he becomes a model citizen too. I’ve had him as a model citizen on another save but given his qualities as a player, he’s perfect foil as a future mentor

On my first save as Everton this year, I didn’t really worry about mentoring but on my second save of the year, post-Jan update, I tend to focus primarily on mentoring and totally revamp the squad. It means my short term successes are limited but bringing in talented youngsters like Demir who are mentored from model citizens and professionals from day one will result in better development.

I can imagine Demir is outrageous as either a shadow striker or inside forward but I have fond memories of using him last year as a striker as that was his only position, therefore I see him as a striker. His finishing has already increased to 12 in October so I don’t think that’ll be an issue whatsoever.

How much is he costing you in the first season?

24 minutes ago, Welshace said:

How much is he costing you in the first season?

£10m plus £20m in three annual instalments. Maybe you can negotiate for less in the instalments, I’m not entirely sure but after the first bid they want around £40m in total. Naturally, it’s quite easy to whittle teams down by £10m on the total.

2 minutes ago, ShaunG95 said:

£10m plus £20m in three annual instalments. Maybe you can negotiate for less in the instalments, I’m not entirely sure but after the first bid they want around £40m in total. Naturally, it’s quite easy to whittle teams down by £10m on the total.

Jesus, I think i'll leave it! only have 2.5 mil as everton to begin with... there are cheaper better options i feel, will keep an eye on his progress though!

11 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Jesus, I think i'll leave it! only have 2.5 mil as everton to begin with... there are cheaper better options i feel, will keep an eye on his progress though!

Definitely buddy. I’m operating my save as a model citizen haven so I’ve flogged most of my squad to go down that path.

On 05/03/2021 at 15:08, ShaunG95 said:

Definitely buddy. I’m operating my save as a model citizen haven so I’ve flogged most of my squad to go down that path.

Any update on how good he is now in new patch. Do you have a screenshot of him developed?

1 hour ago, Poddy said:

Any update on how good he is now in new patch. Do you have a screenshot of him developed?

I'm 1 and a half seasons into the save, he's not improved massively yet as he had a couple of injuries, will update regularly.

NJAHI7d.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2021 at 17:34, Poddy said:

VBJe8uu.png

As a further update, here is Demir at the end of my third season. He played most games over the course of my third season so he came on leaps and bounds. He still has room for growth here. I'm hoping after season 4 he'll be quite close to his full potential.

image.png.fb3850b84f74abf6d89afa2833c0df19.png

Got him at Everton as well. Playing him as a Shadow Striker (and training him as such). I got him a season ago and had to loan him out due to work permit issues. Basically had him a season and a half. Has played 59 matches for me.

I actually like how you have his work rate up. I'll be focusing on that for the next season.

On 26/03/2021 at 08:42, nick1408 said:

image.png.fb3850b84f74abf6d89afa2833c0df19.png

Got him at Everton as well. Playing him as a Shadow Striker (and training him as such). I got him a season ago and had to loan him out due to work permit issues. Basically had him a season and a half. Has played 59 matches for me.

I actually like how you have his work rate up. I'll be focusing on that for the next season.

I achieved this from fining him for bad performances, works a charm to boost determination and work rate. He looks really good on your save. Looks as though he still has some wiggle room to improve even further too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2021 at 17:34, Poddy said:

uL2zyrn.png

I believe he has hit his peak here on my save, his attributes may ever so slightly interchange as his current ability regulates over time but this is as good as you're going to get I feel on the latest update, even with the finishing downgrade.