[WIP] [FM21] England down to Level 11

On 14/02/2021 at 15:45, valiantnath said:

When searching for players for lower levels, how do people get past only the top players showing in the scouting center? Even with the interested in Transfer and Loan ticked?

Big love for the database though

Do you have an Assistant Manager at your club? Usually , he will filter out the unrealistic transfers for the club. If you don't have an Assistant Manager, then all top players also show.

@AhMostyn - that's fantastic work you've done with those graphics.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Messi,

Fantastic work as ever. Think this might be a game bug but from 2022 onwards Level 11 League cup winners are getting £27k prize money instead of the £1k you initially set. Cant see anything obviously wrong with your file.

Took these screenshots from Test Rules but it is happening in game as well for me. Not a deal breaker but gives cup winners a nice little earner.

Are you aware of this one?

image.png.45d2091ba2db8d2f452a7685de70a128.png

image.png.14a5b03caec92cf1b8119774a94e4a3c.png

1 hour ago, henderj said:

Hi Messi,

Fantastic work as ever. Think this might be a game bug but from 2022 onwards Level 11 League cup winners are getting £27k prize money instead of the £1k you initially set. Cant see anything obviously wrong with your file.

Took these screenshots from Test Rules but it is happening in game as well for me. Not a deal breaker but gives cup winners a nice little earner.

Are you aware of this one?

image.png.45d2091ba2db8d2f452a7685de70a128.png

image.png.14a5b03caec92cf1b8119774a94e4a3c.png

Is it happening on other cups/competions?

I dont know if there is anyway of fixing it or not.

It might be due to the competions reputation increasing so thats why the prize money is going up.

No mate, just appears to be the level 11 league cups, 7-10 have stayed the same. Its really odd as the next Season Rules for 2021 still have the prize money set correctly but when it comes to it the 2022 competitions the prize money shoots up. Could be hard coded or, linked to reputation like you say. jusr weird how it doesnt do it for the other levels.

On 19/02/2021 at 19:08, lionel messi said:

Is it happening on other cups/competions?

I dont know if there is anyway of fixing it or not.

It might be due to the competions reputation increasing so thats why the prize money is going up.

Had a good look at the file yesterday and compared the Level 11 to Level 10 cups and couldn't see any difference so I am convinced it must be a game bug, reputation stayed at 3 for the level 11 cups as well. Weirdly whatever you put as the prize money it increased it x27 from 2023 onwards so instead of letting all the Level 11 cup winners get nearly the same money as anyone who wins the FA Vase I reduced the prize money for all 11 cups to £37 for the winners and £19 for the runners up, sounds a bit stingy but i figured that they wouldnt really get prize money anyway at that level and by 2023 this will then go up to as near as I could get to the £1k/£500 you had set for them in your file.

Edited by henderj

This is brilliant thank you. I did try a different level 11 database first but I think this one's better.

Couple of questions though - I am playing as Quedgeley Wanderers and in first season played at my home ground Waterwells. Been promoted and now playing in Cinderford. I think it's because my ground doesn't have 50 seats but is it a bug?

In addition, Malmesbury Victoria can't be relegated from the Hellenic League Division 1 West. Is this another bug?

1 hour ago, bergie117 said:

This is brilliant thank you. I did try a different level 11 database first but I think this one's better.

Couple of questions though - I am playing as Quedgeley Wanderers and in first season played at my home ground Waterwells. Been promoted and now playing in Cinderford. I think it's because my ground doesn't have 50 seats but is it a bug?

In addition, Malmesbury Victoria can't be relegated from the Hellenic League Division 1 West. Is this another bug?

Thanks im constantlt improving the file.

I think there is a bug with stadiums, happened on my save too and i moved to a different stadium and have not moved back yet.

I have stopped certain teams from getting relegated so they can not play at the same level has their reserve team.

On 15/02/2021 at 01:47, AhMostyn said:

A further graphic update to complement this database - Stadium Exteriors.

Just over 2,000 exterior stadium pictures collated from Google Earth (or alternatives if stadium now extinct or was being built at time of satellite flyby) of varying quality but they perhaps add to the overall experience - hoof the ball too far and your star player may have to avoid traffic on the dual carriageway to get the ball back...

Some samples below (note - if I can retain the enthusiasm I'll try and source stadium interiors or action shots to complete the stadium graphics - the bottom image in the Villa Park screenshot comes from a.n.other background pack but is likely to be what I'll aim for - it'll be a slog)

1KpTwos.jpg0tgA0CD.jpg

ygCpO9y.jpg

Download here - 700Mb in size and comes with an Excel spreadsheet (including instructions) that will generate config files should the original config files not work (i.e. you have additional databases) - hopefully easier to use than previous version in that it creates the relevant config & you just need to copy to the appropriate folder and rename.

Full pack (Stadium Exteriors / Logos / Cities) - here - 2.71Gb

Logos only - here - 200Mb (updated to include some revised logos & add in some that had fallen away on most recent uploads - i.e. Isle of Man)

Cities only - here - 1.86Gb

Move the downloaded files to the relevant directory (usually something like \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\pictures), fire up FM21/reload the skin and then check the results - if logos/cities/stadiums don't match or display then open up the Excel file and work through the instructions.

Any problems with getting config to work, then feel free to send me a message (rather than clog up this thread) & I'll try and help out.

This alone is enough to make me switch my England file when its updated to 21.3

Did @lionel messi add any clubs? Are the IDs in the config tied to the clubs in the default db? Wondering if i can use this logo pack with another English file that has the eventual non league expansion set up.

31 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Also should i put this file FIRST in the FMF list on game creation to get the IDs lining up?

Messi has added 547 teams I believe - any row on the config file with a value of 2000066342 or above indicates an added team.

There are 70 entries for existing teams that were in the default DB where either the logo was missing or incorrect in the main logo pack that I use (Metallic) - the config for these does not change.

The excel file that comes with the download should mean that the positioning of the files in the graphics folder is irrelevant - if things don't display correctly to start with, then follow the steps in the Excel to generate new configs.

Using with other DBs - each DB is highly likely to have its own unique IDs for clubs/stadiums/competitions (as the creators are unlikely to have added data in the same order as each other), so would need an initial set of configs crafting - this is why I've named logos by team name rather than ID, cities by name and stadiums by postcode & name as it means I've got an identifiable starting point rather than having to work out what an ID in Messi's DB equates to in Dan's DB (for example). The teams folder was originally put together for Dan's FM20 database & has been repurposed for this year's Messi (and probably Dan's - once released, although I'm feeling a bit daunted about finding all the stadium locations for the bottom of the ladder).

Stadiums can take longer to do, as there is no guarantee that creators have used a consistent name for a stadium or that a team is at the same stadium across DBs.

22 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

Messi has added 547 teams I believe - any row on the config file with a value of 2000066342 or above indicates an added team.

There are 70 entries for existing teams that were in the default DB where either the logo was missing or incorrect in the main logo pack that I use (Metallic) - the config for these does not change.

The excel file that comes with the download should mean that the positioning of the files in the graphics folder is irrelevant - if things don't display correctly to start with, then follow the steps in the Excel to generate new configs.

Using with other DBs - each DB is highly likely to have its own unique IDs for clubs/stadiums/competitions (as the creators are unlikely to have added data in the same order as each other), so would need an initial set of configs crafting - this is why I've named logos by team name rather than ID, cities by name and stadiums by postcode & name as it means I've got an identifiable starting point rather than having to work out what an ID in Messi's DB equates to in Dan's DB (for example). The teams folder was originally put together for Dan's FM20 database & has been repurposed for this year's Messi (and probably Dan's - once released, although I'm feeling a bit daunted about finding all the stadium locations for the bottom of the ladder).

Stadiums can take longer to do, as there is no guarantee that creators have used a consistent name for a stadium or that a team is at the same stadium across DBs.

I was more meaning in here
image.png.4dd01ddade3c21e4566b1436af871e35.png

I do alot of graphics and fmfs myself and im 90% sure what is at the top of this list gets loaded first and as such means that the IDs of new clubs will correlate without any extra work right? Any FMF files after this which use created clubs will assign the clubs ID from the last ID of Lionel Messis file and up.

4 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

I was more meaning in here
image.png.4dd01ddade3c21e4566b1436af871e35.png

I do alot of graphics and fmfs myself and im 90% sure what is at the top of this list gets loaded first and as such means that the IDs of new clubs will correlate without any extra work right? Any FMF files after this which use created clubs will assign the clubs ID from the last ID of Lionel Messis file and up.

Yes - you're right. BTW - I'll be checking to see if the 21.3 update has moved anything around & will update the files if it has

I will have a updated file soon.

Fixed the wessex league boundaries, i had accidently set up wessex premier league division boundaries to use the wessex league division 1 in the competion.

Teams was going into the wessex leagues from other parts of the country, espcially from the north west counties leagues.

2 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

Yes - you're right. BTW - I'll be checking to see if the 21.3 update has moved anything around & will update the files if it has

They have 100% added new thngs to the database for example before 21.3 New Zealand had 2 local regions fro all teams. Now there is a actual real life region  fro every team in NZ. I dont know whatelse but another editor said that his African file now has a tonne of duplicate clubs in his file whihc mena FM added a bunch of clubs to Africa in this update alone.

17 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I will have a updated file soon.

Fixed the wessex league boundaries, i had accidently set up wessex premier league division boundaries to use the wessex league division 1 in the competion.

Teams was going into the wessex leagues from other parts of the country, espcially from the north west counties leagues.

Legend im excited. Are you planning on adding the expansion at any stage?

1 minute ago, ratio1618 said:

Legend im excited. Are you planning on adding the expansion at any stage?

You mean the extra leagues?

I just could not get it to work no matter what i did so I dont think i will be having another go at it.

I could not even get the other leagues to return back to the right number of clubs after the 1st season, there was a problem getting the correct number of teams in the vanarama national north/south so i just kept the numbers the same so that it would work, Divisions at lower levels 9-11 i have made it so the numbers can increase or decrease depending on which teams get promoted.

5 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

They have 100% added new thngs to the database for example before 21.3 New Zealand had 2 local regions fro all teams. Now there is a actual real life region  fro every team in NZ. I dont know whatelse but another editor said that his African file now has a tonne of duplicate clubs in his file whihc mena FM added a bunch of clubs to Africa in this update alone.

I think there was alot of clubs missing from africa

Edited by lionel messi

22 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

You mean the extra leagues?

I just could not get it to work no matter what i did so I dont think i will be having another go at it.

I could not even get the other leagues to return back to the right number of clubs after the 1st season, there was a problem getting the correct number of teams in the vanarama national north/south so i just kept the numbers the same so that it would work, Divisions at lower levels 9-11 i have made it so the numbers can increase or decrease depending on which teams get promoted.

Do a Collab with @BoyInGreen he pulled some strings and managed to get it working i tested it myself :)

As far as I can see, the 21.3 update has added the following clubs, which mean there could be duplicates going forward:

2000067458 - Honiton Town / 2000069596 - British Airways / 2000072448 - Clapton Community

The following stadiums have been added:

2000066513 - High Wood Hill Sports Ground (Broadbridge Heath ground) / 2000067318 - Calvert Stadium (Northallerton Town) / 2000069032 - Flamingo Park (Cray Wanderers future home) / 2000075958 - Olivers Mount (Handsworth)

They've also updated 5100112 from Fenland Park to Fenland Stadium including capacity & long/lat (where Wisbech moved to a number of years ago).

As a side note - I've reverified the file to work under 23.1 but am now seeing something weird for the Messi added stadiums - the city is wrong in-game (and I've checked using both the Flut skin and the standard SI skin) - but it's fine in the editor - just using Cullompton's Speeds Meadow as an example

image.png.b7a299ed73ade797a532827c425c538b.png

image.png.5024a65d778e66442bc25a4db09a71e8.png

Can someone else confirm they are seeing the same?

I'll try one of the other pre 21.3 databases and see if they exhibit the same issue when re-verified under 21.3

Edited by AhMostyn
clarification

12 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Do a Collab with @BoyInGreen he pulled some strings and managed to get it working i tested it myself :)

I agree that the @BoyInGreen DB works as intended - the issue for @lionel messiwill be determining how the level 11 divisions are replenished for 21/22, given that approx 39 teams from level 11 are required to fill out the level 10 divisions - I've not seen anything on the non-league forums that explains how it was going to work (the original pre-COVID plans only seemed to cover the Non-League System which stops at level 10) - at a bare minimum you need a pool of 39 teams from an inactive level 12 (assuming no relegation from level 11) - perhaps the pool could comprise those teams who have applied for Step 6 in 21/22

4 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

I agree that the @BoyInGreen DB works as intended - the issue for @lionel messiwill be determining how the level 11 divisions are replenished for 21/22, given that approx 39 teams from level 11 are required to fill out the level 10 divisions - I've not seen anything on the non-league forums that explains how it was going to work (the original pre-COVID plans only seemed to cover the Non-League System which stops at level 10) - at a bare minimum you need a pool of 39 teams from an inactive level 12 (assuming no relegation from level 11) - perhaps the pool could comprise those teams who have applied for Step 6 in 21/22

Yeh its going to require a little bit of creative liberty but there are some pretty heavily agreed upon regions for the new leagues. Could it be a case of having T11 teams from these regions fill in the T10 leagues that lost teams to the expansion leagues above?

2 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

Yes its too much messing about for me to bother doing it anyway, i could not get it working even before i added Level 11.

It probally wont even happen next season anyway has Vanarama national league north/south has the leagues have been decared null and void with all results expunged and no promotions or relegations.

4 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Yes its too much messing about for me to bother doing it anyway, i could not get it working even before i added Level 11.

It probally wont even happen next season anyway has Vanarama national league north/south has the leagues have been decared null and void with all results expunged and no promotions or relegations.

Gives all the England editors another year to try and get it working... it's a side project for me when I have the enthusiasm again

The problem with the Non-league being null and void means next years games English Rules are going to be just as screwed up has they have been the last 2 years. I really hope SI fixes this/.

I did hear murmurs that the Non legaue being null and void still had to prepare for the expansion for 21/22 though so i think we will have to wait and see.

31 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

As far as I can see, the 21.3 update has added the following clubs, which mean there could be duplicates going forward:

2000067458 - Honiton Town / 2000069596 - British Airways / 2000072448 - Clapton Community

2000066513 - High Wood Hill Sports Ground (Broadbridge Heath ground) / 2000067318 - Calvert Stadium (Northallerton Town) / 2000069032 - Flamingo Park (Cray Wanderers future home) / 2000075958 - Olivers Mount (Handsworth)

They've also updated 5100112 from Fenland Park to Fenland Stadium including capacity & long/lat (where Wisbech moved to a number of years ago).

As a side note - I've reverified the file to work under 23.1 but am now seeing something weird for the Messi added stadiums - the city is wrong in-game (and I've checked using both the Flut skin and the standard SI skin) - but it's fine in the editor - just using Cullompton's Speeds Meadow as an example

I'll try one of the other pre 21.3 databases and see if they exhibit the same issue when re-verified under 21.3

If there are any duplicates i could remove them if you tell me which ones they are and it will help.

20 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

If there are any duplicates i could remove them if you tell me which ones they are and it will help.

Honiton (2000067458 - SI / 2000084182 - yours) & British Airways (2000069596 - SI / 2000084188 - yours) are likely to cause issues - as the 21.3 entries from SI have got divisions assigned to them, so they will appear twice in each league (they won't cause issues in your DB as you use min/max values but they blew one of my DBs with fixed numbers of teams - Greenwich Borough is still in the SI database as being in the Southern Counties East Division One). Additionally Clapton Community (2000072448 - SI / 2000084437 - yours) will be present twice.

Edited by AhMostyn

7 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

Honiton (2000067458 - SI / 2000084182 - yours) & British Airways (2000069596 - SI / 2000084188 - yours) are likely to cause issues - as the 21.3 entries from SI have got divisions assigned to them, so they will appear twice in each league (they won't cause issues in your DB as you use min/max values but they blew one of my DBs with fixed numbers of teams - Greenwich Borough is still in the SI database as being in the Southern Counties East Division One). Additionally Clapton Community (2000072448 - SI / 2000084437 - yours) will be present twice.

Should i remove my entries then?

Is it just the clubs that want removing?

1 minute ago, AhMostyn said:

No new regions for England

Btw i dont envy the work required to make the logo packs. I did it last year for LionelMessi and it was PAINFUL to find some badges and make them PNGs and stuff. 

What was your process where did you get the images from?

5 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Should i remove my entries then?

Is it just the clubs that want removing?

I think it should just be the clubs (save a backup before making any changes though) - probably remove yours but it's likely the SI versions might not be properly fleshed out with kits / year formed / city (i.e. SI's Honiton doesn't have Honiton set as city) / etc.

1 minute ago, ratio1618 said:

Btw i dont envy the work required to make the logo packs. I did it last year for LionelMessi and it was PAINFUL to find some badges and make them PNGs and stuff. 

What was your process where did you get the images from?

Started with a general Google search & then looked at club twitter/homepage/facebook pages or league handbooks - in a couple of cases it was finding matchday photos, isolating the badge and using that. Didn't manage to get the all for Dan's DB - certain leagues/teams seem to have little or no on-line presence (Rochester & District League was particularly poor).

Then it's a case of pushing them through GIMP to convert to a PNG normal size version (the small version can then be batch processed after).

Occasionally stumble upon new/revised logos.

Started with a general Google search & then looked at club twitter/homepage/facebook pages or league handbooks - in a couple of cases it was finding matchday photos, isolating the badge and using that. Didn't manage to get the all for Dan's DB - certain leagues/teams seem to have little or no on-line presence (Rochester & District League was particularly poor).

Then it's a case of pushing them through GIMP to convert to a PNG normal size version (the small version can then be batch processed after).

Occasionally stumble upon new/revised logos.

So what logo pack do you recommend i use with your logo pack? I looked at Metallic logos V TCM and its hard to know what one has the most badges.

2 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

So what logo pack do you recommend i use with your logo pack? I looked at Metallic logos V TCM and its hard to know what one has the most badges.

I've got mine set up to use my lower league logos (because a few of the Metallic logos are wrong), then Metallic Logos (used them for years), followed by TCM followed by FMV followed by Standard - which is definitely overkill - and I have no idea how many extra are added with each additional set:

image.png.7bbd07e8ab86ceb435f23487c0aeec65.png

4 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Wait does the game read separate logo packs in the order they are listed in the graphics folder? What if a ID in the last pack was the same as the first pack loaded?

That seems to be how it works - first instance of a graphic is the one used.

That seems to be how it works - first instance of a graphic is the one used.

Interesting. So you have a mix of metallic and TCm style logos? Never did i ever think of using multiple logo packs.

Edited by ratio1618

Just now, ratio1618 said:

Interesting. So you have a mix of metallic and TCm style logos?

Just doing a count of how many of each type end up being used.

In the interim - I'm getting p'd off with the revised editor trying to bring @BoyInGreen DB up to 21.3 - I'm resetting the division for Greenwich Borough to lower leagues, saving the game & then running either Test Competitions or Test Rules & it fails with too many teams in one of the level 10 divisions - check the data & Greenwich Borough are reinstated to Southern Counties East Division One - @lionel messiyou may end up with Greenwich appearing at the wrong level in your data 

2 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

Just doing a count of how many of each type end up being used.

In the interim - I'm getting p'd off with the revised editor trying to bring @BoyInGreen DB up to 21.3 - I'm resetting the division for Greenwich Borough to lower leagues, saving the game & then running either Test Competitions or Test Rules & it fails with too many teams in one of the level 10 divisions - check the data & Greenwich Borough are reinstated to Southern Counties East Division One - @lionel messiyou may end up with Greenwich appearing at the wrong level in your data 

What division & level should they be in?

2 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

What division & level should they be in?

They shouldn't be in any division for 20/21, they resigned from the Southern Counties East Premier Division midway through the 19/20 season - they're planning to re-enter the league system in 21/22

2 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

The problem with the Non-league being null and void means next years games English Rules are going to be just as screwed up has they have been the last 2 years. I really hope SI fixes this/.

I did hear murmurs that the Non legaue being null and void still had to prepare for the expansion for 21/22 though so i think we will have to wait and see.

The Alliance Committee and Leagues Committee ahould have met today, obviously we are waiting on the outcome of that conversation from the League (NPL in my case), The 3 Leagues at Step 3 & 4 (Or self named Trident Leagues) proposed a null and void solution but it will be interesting what the FA suggested and what is being put in front of the FA Council for ratification. Hopefully get some news by the end of the week.

1 minute ago, Schume said:

The Alliance Committee and Leagues Committee ahould have met today, obviously we are waiting on the outcome of that conversation from the League (NPL in my case), The 3 Leagues at Step 3 & 4 (Or self named Trident Leagues) proposed a null and void solution but it will be interesting what the FA suggested and what is being put in front of the FA Council for ratification. Hopefully get some news by the end of the week.

Well if we get some news and some definitive regional leagues set out then at least FM22 wont be ass backwards in the Englush rules finally. You realize the only reaosn lower leagues being added to England the last 2 years being so buggy was due to the expansion? Crayz right (oh and also teams going tits up)

4 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

Thats not happening to me.

Capture.thumb.JPG.15765d90378bf6ef71a7aab6d483dfbd.JPG

2 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

They shouldn't be in any division for 20/21, they resigned from the Southern Counties East Premier Division midway through the 19/20 season - they're planning to re-enter the league system in 21/22

They are not in any division when i start a new game.

British airways & honiton town appear twice in their leagues though which im going to remove.

13 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

I think it should just be the clubs (save a backup before making any changes though) - probably remove yours but it's likely the SI versions might not be properly fleshed out with kits / year formed / city (i.e. SI's Honiton doesn't have Honiton set as city) / etc.

I removed the sports interactive versions and now the leagues are back to how they were before.

I will release a update soon.

12 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

Well if we get some news and some definitive regional leagues set out then at least FM22 wont be ass backwards in the Englush rules finally. You realize the only reaosn lower leagues being added to England the last 2 years being so buggy was due to the expansion? Crayz right (oh and also teams going tits up)

It would be nice, but if they are proposing to complete the overdue restructure its going to open a can of worms in my opinion, open to legal challenges on who gets promoted and such like. But this would suggest why the Level 11 (Step 7 Regional Leagues) wont be commencing after March 29th because it was under consideration at the meeting yesterday.

But I think for the sake of future Level 11 databases we need a clean system, then things will run smoothly and hopefully less time consuming for Messi