[WIP] [FM21] England down to Level 11

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, batch said:

This looks great and i'm going to give it a go.

Just one thing i have spotted - Euxton Villa - the ground is set as Runshall Hall Lane - it should be Runshaw Hall Lane 

My most local club so was just having a look with the idea of starting with them and spotted that. 

I can correct that its not a problem

I've noticed my Attenborough FC are down as playing at the Attenborough Cricket Ground which is technically correct as they play on the cricket pitch but refer to it as The Strand for football purposes. The DB also has the ground as being in West Bridgford, Nottingham which is a suburb over the other side of the city. The ground is in Attenborough village but having it as just Nottingham would be fine.

28 minutes ago, grff said:

I've noticed my Attenborough FC are down as playing at the Attenborough Cricket Ground which is technically correct as they play on the cricket pitch but refer to it as The Strand for football purposes. The DB also has the ground as being in West Bridgford, Nottingham which is a suburb over the other side of the city. The ground is in Attenborough village but having it as just Nottingham would be fine.

I will correct it

5 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

Some things to check (and apologies if I'm repeating things you already know / have done) - has the unzipped folder gone somewhere like this:

FmismVG.jpg

Then the preferences within FM are as follows (the "Show screen IDs in Title Bar to assist skinning" is optional but might be needed if you're still not getting logos displayed - or the wrong logos for teams - as it will provide an indication as to if the config is being affected by additional db addons):

SL2uDt8.jpg

Let me know if this helps & if not we can work through other options.

Im still not getting it to work.

This is where i have it.

Capture.JPG.68d57e8b3cc7ef6e9f66d0d2656be55d.JPG

Some observations, for future versions:

Canterbury City play at Salters Lane, Faversham (29065194) rather than at Homelands, Kingsnorth.

CB Hounslow play at Green Lane, Hounslow (not in database - lat 51.468, long -0.404) rather than at The Orchard, East Bedfont 

Balcombe (1sts) groundshare with Haywards Heath Town at Hanbury Stadium (29061618) rather than at the created stadium

Nostell Miners Welfare should be at Crofton Community Centre (29106497) rather than Cougar Park in Keighley - this is an error in the SI database which has been acknowledged

4 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

Some observations, for future versions:

Canterbury City play at Salters Lane, Faversham (29065194) rather than at Homelands, Kingsnorth.

CB Hounslow play at Green Lane, Hounslow (not in database - lat 51.468, long -0.404) rather than at The Orchard, East Bedfont 

Balcombe (1sts) groundshare with Haywards Heath Town at Hanbury Stadium (29061618) rather than at the created stadium

Nostell Miners Welfare should be at Crofton Community Centre (29106497) rather than Cougar Park in Keighley - this is an error in the SI database which has been acknowledged

I will fix them.

15 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Im still not getting it to work.

This is where i have it.

Capture.JPG.68d57e8b3cc7ef6e9f66d0d2656be55d.JPG

That does look to be ok - could you check a team to see what id is being used in-game (the "Show screen ids in title bar option" that was shown in an earlier post) to check that the config ids are matching with the game ids - Ketton, for example, should be 2000066609?

One other thing to try is to rename the "Logos for Messi's DB folder" to "1.Logos for Messi" so that the game attempts to load it first - just in case the contents of one of the other folders are clashing

16 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

That does look to be ok - could you check a team to see what id is being used in-game (the "Show screen ids in title bar option" that was shown in an earlier post) to check that the config ids are matching with the game ids - Ketton, for example, should be 2000066609?

One other thing to try is to rename the "Logos for Messi's DB folder" to "1.Logos for Messi" so that the game attempts to load it first - just in case the contents of one of the other folders are clashing

The i.d. is correct.

Capture.thumb.JPG.9ca91aa8a2ff7499a9f02534e645a29a.JPG

I tried to rename the file but it says i cant use special charaters.

What about if i put the file in where all the rest of my logos are?

45 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

The i.d. is correct.

Capture.thumb.JPG.9ca91aa8a2ff7499a9f02534e645a29a.JPG

I tried to rename the file but it says i cant use special charaters.

What about if i put the file in where all the rest of my logos are?

Try changing it to 001Logos for Messi

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

It does not even work when i take all my other logo packs out either, but it takes the logos off the teams i did have logos for so i dont understand why it is not working

I think the config file needs to be in the same folder as the logos doesn't it?

City Backgrounds

To complement the lower league logos for this database, here is a set of around 2,500 city backgrounds for all the English teams in Messi's database (from Premier League down to level 11) which are old OS map backgrounds which hopefully give people an idea of where a team is based - sample images below (I'm using the FLUT dark skin in my save but it should work with others that use cities in their display).

u9FuOPul.jpg

fteJfnLl.jpg

jzAFhYrl.jpg

Download - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (split into 3 parts of approx 600-700mb each rather than one large file as it should provide an easier download experience for some users)

Unzip all the files using winrar or 7-zip or equivalent;
Copy the resulting folder 000.English Backgrounds to the default location on a PC -  \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\pictures (I think the MAC equivalent is along the lines of Users\YOURNAME\Library\Application Support\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\pictures); Some people may use \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics as an alternative

fH8zDKWl.jpg

Ensure that preferences are correctly set within FM21 - go to preferences -> advanced -> all and find the 'skin' section - untick the "Use caching to decrease page loading times" and tick the "Reload skin when confirming changes in preferences" boxes & then press "Confirm".

4 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

I think the config file needs to be in the same folder as the logos doesn't it?

Config file should sit at the following level:

xrxE5vOl.jpg

where the X is whatever the parent folder downloaded has been renamed to (in the case above 0.Logos for Messi's DB).

I've just spotted that there are rogue config.xml files sitting in each of the comps/normal, comps/small, teams/normal & teams/small folders - they can safely be deleted if you'd already downloaded the file - they shouldn't have caused problems.

The original link has been updated with these config.xmls removed 

2 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

xrxE5vOl.jpg

where the X is whatever the parent folder downloaded has been renamed to (in the case above 0.Logos for Messi's DB).

I've just spotted that there are rogue config.xml files sitting in each of the comps/normal, comps/small, teams/normal & teams/small folders - they can safely be deleted if you'd already downloaded the file - they shouldn't have caused problems.

Is that why i cant get it to work?

Im downloading a new logo pack as the one i have is a few years old now, not sure it will make a difference or not.

Edited by lionel messi

2 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

xrxE5vOl.jpg

Do i have to rename to config.xml because in mine it just says config?

Capture.JPG.08ec7b3fe022e91d30894a3207273567.JPG

5 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

City Backgrounds

To complement the lower league logos for this database, here is a set of around 2,500 city backgrounds for all the English teams in Messi's database (from Premier League down to level 11) which are old OS map backgrounds which hopefully give people an idea of where a team is based - sample images below (I'm using the FLUT dark skin in my save but it should work with others that use cities in their display).

u9FuOPul.jpg

fteJfnLl.jpg

jzAFhYrl.jpg

Download - Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (split into 3 parts of approx 600-700mb each rather than one large file as it should provide an easier download experience for some users)

Unzip all the files using winrar or 7-zip or equivalent;
Copy the resulting folder 000.English Backgrounds to the default location on a PC -  \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\pictures (I think the MAC equivalent is along the lines of Users\YOURNAME\Library\Application Support\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\pictures); Some people may use \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics as an alternative

fH8zDKWl.jpg

Ensure that preferences are correctly set within FM21 - go to preferences -> advanced -> all and find the 'skin' section - untick the "Use caching to decrease page loading times" and tick the "Reload skin when confirming changes in preferences" boxes & then press "Confirm".

I got this to work.

I also got a new logo pack to work which i dowloaded.

I just cant get the logo pack to work which you did for my Level 11 database.

New update on 2nd post.

Missing or incorrect data added in which people provided further up the post.

Also i think i have got club league history working proper at all levels apart from Level 7 & 11.

These 2 levels have got extra stages in them after the regular season (points per game) so i think it might have something to do with that, im trying to fix it though.

12 ore fa, lionel messi ha scritto:

New update on 2nd post.

Missing or incorrect data added in which people provided further up the post.

Also i think i have got club league history working proper at all levels apart from Level 7 & 11.

These 2 levels have got extra stages in them after the regular season (points per game) so i think it might have something to do with that, im trying to fix it though.

@lionel messi i'm at the end of the first season with Isle Of Man. Are there relevant changes in the new update to restart from the beginning for the second time my save or i can continue with it?

On 21/01/2021 at 22:39, lionel messi said:

I will have a look at this.

I thought all histories were created automatically.

Is it happening with other teams as well?

Working on my own db and I have spent all day trying to figure out why one of the level 8 leagues has 1 less team than I am putting in the editor. I verified it and also tried increasing the promotions from below the league size remains the same. Ran many test seasons today and figured it out. I came across a team that had been promoted in season 1, relegated in season 2 and then season 3 no history. then I saw they aren't actually in the league it says they are in game and I am wondering whether this is the same error you have.

@Brother Benwould you mind checking yours to see if it is the same issue? Just wondering whether this is actually a bug and not related to specific custom dbs.

image.thumb.png.352262f9c425a8a6f7fbec2aef9d8f54.png

2.PNG

3.PNG

Edited by aaronpassfield

4 minutes ago, aaronpassfield said:

Working on my own db and I have spent all day trying to figure out why one of the level 8 leagues has 1 less team than I am putting in the editor. I verified it and also tried increasing the promotions from below the league size remains the same. Ran many test seasons today and figured it out. I came across a team that had been promoted in season 1, relegated in season 2 and then season 3 no history. then I saw they aren't actually in the league it says they are in game and I am wondering whether this is the same error you have.

@Brother Benwould you mind checking yours to see if it is the same issue? Just wondering whether this is actually a bug and not related to specific custom dbs.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

There is 1 less club in 1 of the Level 8 leagues

21 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

There is 1 less club in 1 of the Level 8 leagues

By default yes but I am increasing the league sizes on mine, they should all have 22. Just wondering whether the league histories is the same issue where teams are disappearing.

12 minutes ago, aaronpassfield said:

By default yes but I am increasing the league sizes on mine, they should all have 22. Just wondering whether the league histories is the same issue where teams are disappearing.

That is not happening on mine, the teams are not disappearing.

It is just failing to create history for some teams at Level 7.

I have a relegation stage setup at that level and the 2 teams with the lowest points per game average get relegated so i think it might have something to do with that.

Edited by lionel messi

2 hours ago, postman123 said:

Just noticed all of these logo's made are at the wrong clubs 

Are you loading any other databases? What IDs do you have for Ketton, Garsington & Morwenstow? The config files (for both logos & cities) are fixed to specific IDs (and based on only Messi’s Db being used) - which can change if other DBs are being used at the same time. I assume that if you’ve downloaded the cities, that these are out of sync as well?

If you let me know IDs then I’ll see if they’re offset by the same amounts from the values in my saves - it may then be possible to provide an Excel file that can dynamically create config files based on values that are present in other peoples saves.

On 26/11/2020 at 17:20, lionel messi said:

FA Cup to include Preliminary rounds, proper prize money added. TV money added.

FA Trophy to include preliminary rounds, proper prize money added.

FA Vase to be added, proper prize money added. 600+ teams entered from Level 9-10

FA Trophy & FA Vase Finals played on the same day but at different times like in real life.

Small amount of prize money added to the top 3 teams at Levels 7-11

Northern/Southern & Isthmian League Cups Added.

League Cups added down to Level 11

Minimum stadium requirements to be added in at Level 7-10

By "to include"/"to be added", does it mean that those features haven't been added to the database yet, and will be included in a future update? I am planning play on a more final version, so it would be helpful to know. Thank you!

7 hours ago, satirev said:

By "to include"/"to be added", does it mean that those features haven't been added to the database yet, and will be included in a future update? I am planning play on a more final version, so it would be helpful to know. Thank you!

They are done and included

Thank you for this amazing file! If it's possible there's a few things that could be updated. Firstly for Clapton (5100221), they no longer play at the Old Spotted Dog, but groundshare with Athletic Newham at the Terence McMillan Stadium. Clapton Community (2000066525) now own the Old Spotted Dog, and will move back there for the start of the 21-22 season. They should probably be called "Clapton CFC" as a short name, and are also fan-owned. They should have a high attendance for their level - their record is 1,266 and they regularly get a few hundred. Their supporter profile should be low-affluence but likely a 20 for passion - they're a group of far-left ultras who started supporting the original Clapton in 2012 after becoming disillusioned with modern football, singing/jumping/drinking all game with flares and fireworks, but set up Clapton Community after a severe fall-out with the club's owner. As a result, I'd also have the two clubs set as fierce rivals.