[WIP] [FM21] England down to Level 11

1 minute ago, postman123 said:

What formation are you using Big D Man

4 defenders

CB are "no nonsense" because players at this level don't have great mental or technical attributes

LB and RB are wing backs set on support

1 defensive midfield - anchorman

2 central midfielders

one set on box to box, other set on ball winning midfielder on support duty

2 attacking midfielders

One is set on shadow striker, the other is set on advanced playmaker

1 striker - Poacher

Positive mentality and play direct football

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, postman123 said:

Nice any good results, I prefer 3 strikers up top 

I sometimes swap 2 attacking midfielders to 1 attacking midfield. And then put 2 up top. The other striker is target man.

Yeah good results, won the level 11 league and cup in first season

I have secured promotion from level 10 in 2nd season and there is still 5 games left

I noticed that the front line wasn't getting back or pressing very much, so that's why I have 2 attacking midfield roles, so they still get forward, but can help press the midfield area a bit more

Edited by Big D Man

Just now, Big D Man said:

I sometimes swap 2 attacking midfielders to 1 attacking midfield. And then put 2 up top. The other striker is target man.

Yeah good results, won the level 11 league and cup in first season

I have secured promotion from level 10 in 2nd season and there is still 5 games left

Im in 1st season.

Trowbridge Town in the wiltshire League.

Im doing the Level 11 challenge which i created yesterday

Flexible Config for Logos & Cities

Hopefully this might help those having issues getting the logos & cities to display - it's an Excel spreadsheet that will produce the details for the relevant team/competition/city config files based on the in-game values that people see.

It can be found here and contains instructions on how to use it - basically it asks for the IDs seen in-game for one of the added teams & one of the added competitions, applies an offset value to the original config values & creates rows that are then used to allow revised config.xml files to be created which will replace the ones found in the original downloads.

Note - you may need to do this step every time you create a new game - the IDs for the teams/comps created by Messi are allocated dynamically by FM21 at set-up so can change.

Links back to the original downloads:

Logos

Cities - part1, part2 & part3 

If you're still having issues after trying this, then drop me a message (rather than clog up this thread) and I'll try to help out .

Edited by AhMostyn

18 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

Thank you for this amazing file! If it's possible there's a few things that could be updated. Firstly for Clapton (5100221), they no longer play at the Old Spotted Dog, but groundshare with Athletic Newham at the Terence McMillan Stadium. Clapton Community (2000066525) now own the Old Spotted Dog, and will move back there for the start of the 21-22 season. They should probably be called "Clapton CFC" as a short name, and are also fan-owned. They should have a high attendance for their level - their record is 1,266 and they regularly get a few hundred. Their supporter profile should be low-affluence but likely a 20 for passion - they're a group of far-left ultras who started supporting the original Clapton in 2012 after becoming disillusioned with modern football, singing/jumping/drinking all game with flares and fireworks, but set up Clapton Community after a severe fall-out with the club's owner. As a result, I'd also have the two clubs set as fierce rivals.

Thanks for sharing this, mate. I really like this true colours-kind of background. Decision made for my next lower league journey!

Edited by johnloch

4 hours ago, johnloch said:

@AhMostyn, thanks for your great input. Is it possible to merge your two logos packs to make things easier onwards?

@johnlochDo you mean the teams & competition logos into one config? Or did you mean the logos & cities into one pack?

The first probably isn't too difficult to do, the second might be as the size of the files starts getting large when adding in the cities, which could be a problem for some & if anyone wants to use only part of a pack, then they'd have to either delete bits or comment out configs - I'll have a think about creating some kind of combined pack (with possibly stadiums added as well - I've started to collate exterior shots from Google Earth (not quite the same as found in the Megapack on another forum) of each stadium down to level 11 - it's around 1500 stadiums to do I think - and then I'll move on to interiors) but that will be a way off. Ideally I'd like to collate a master set of logos (outside of those found in the default DB), city and stadium pics for England and then just have a set of configs that can be used for the DB that has been chosen (i.e. one for Messi, one for Dan, one for BoyInGreen) - more a long term goal I think.

1 hour ago, Conardo said:

Great database. Playing a test save with Guernsey.

Looking for a club which is near the bottom of the pyramid but with a nearly full squad - any ideas?

Most teams will have full squads.

But they wont be real players at the bottom leagues.

Edited by lionel messi

vor 8 Stunden schrieb lionel messi:

Most teams will have full squads.

But they wont be real players at the bottom leagues.

Thank you for your response. Sorry for my english - i am talking about "white" not "grey" players. I am looking for squads with "nongrey" players on the bottom of the league-pyramide :)

Btw - how do you play with these grey players - do you sign asap a scout (with staff search?) for signing regular players? Im playing these saves with the LLM-Rules, so i will have problems for signing plyers ....

Edited by Conardo
Scout, LLM

7 hours ago, Conardo said:

Thank you for your response. Sorry for my english - i am talking about "white" not "grey" players. I am looking for squads with "nongrey" players on the bottom of the league-pyramide :)

Btw - how do you play with these grey players - do you sign asap a scout (with staff search?) for signing regular players? Im playing these saves with the LLM-Rules, so i will have problems for signing plyers ....

When you start a new game, there will be an option to "add players to playable teams" - ticking this will give you full squads of nongrey players.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Spurs08:

When you start a new game, there will be an option to "add players to playable teams" - ticking this will give you full squads of nongrey players.

Thank you! Playing since 2006 and didnt know that ...

Edited by Conardo

Really nice work on this database. Just wanted to ask something as started a new game but a few teams in the Eastern Counties Premier Division don't seem to be involved in the Eastern Counties League Cup (screenshots) 

Wasn't sure if this was intentional or not. Sides are Brantham Athletic, Kirkley and Pakefield, Walsham-le-Willows and Whitton United; think there might be a few in sub-divisions too. 

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 18.28.27.png

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 18.28.08.png

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 18.27.55.png

25 minutes ago, Maxie179 said:

Really nice work on this database. Just wanted to ask something as started a new game but a few teams in the Eastern Counties Premier Division don't seem to be involved in the Eastern Counties League Cup (screenshots) 

Wasn't sure if this was intentional or not. Sides are Brantham Athletic, Kirkley and Pakefield, Walsham-le-Willows and Whitton United; think there might be a few in sub-divisions too. 

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 18.28.27.png

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 18.28.08.png

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 18.27.55.png

They might not enter till the 2nd round

Most of the Premier League sides wont enter till the 2nd round

Edited by lionel messi

Hi Using this database all I've done is change the FA Cup name and then tried to verify this comes up! Any help please... (All before I create my team to be added to level 11)

Edit: Does anyone have the original first file to download as that worked fine before the updated version? Only decided to redo it all again (Add team etc) due to the slight changes to the discipline rule and other things

Capture.PNG

Hi.

Great work on the edit Messi.

Just checking this is not a glitch. I’ve just finished my first season and am flicking through the leagues. I’ve noticed that Farsley Celtic won the Northern Premier League Premier Division last season, but are still showing as in the league for the next year. Judging by the rules they should have been promoted to the conference North.

Is there a likely reason for this? Or is it a glitch? I don’t want to invest in multiple seasons on this save if I can’t make it into the league 🙈.

Thanks.

8B3072A4-A6C5-4E3B-A11C-6F75C276FF51.jpeg

Looking at this a bit closer, it seems that Farsley actually finished bottom of the Conference North last season and were relegated. But are randomly showing as the current holders of Northern Premier League Premier Division instead of South Shields who actually won the league.

Less of an issue, just a bit weird.D402C811-0B65-4A2C-908A-5CAE59900823.thumb.jpeg.26fec3931821b5912156058c685a82a9.jpeg

BCEF23A0-4EAF-4B3D-A378-5B409EFD95C3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hillster84 said:

Looking at this a bit closer, it seems that Farsley actually finished bottom of the Conference North last season and were relegated. But are randomly showing as the current holders of Northern Premier League Premier Division instead of South Shields who actually won the league.

Less of an issue, just a bit weird.D402C811-0B65-4A2C-908A-5CAE59900823.thumb.jpeg.26fec3931821b5912156058c685a82a9.jpeg

Ive not noticed anything like that before.

I will have a look on my save this evening to see if the same has happened.

On 26/01/2021 at 20:21, AhMostyn said:

@johnlochDo you mean the teams & competition logos into one config? Or did you mean the logos & cities into one pack?

The first probably isn't too difficult to do, the second might be as the size of the files starts getting large when adding in the cities, which could be a problem for some & if anyone wants to use only part of a pack, then they'd have to either delete bits or comment out configs - I'll have a think about creating some kind of combined pack (with possibly stadiums added as well - I've started to collate exterior shots from Google Earth (not quite the same as found in the Megapack on another forum) of each stadium down to level 11 - it's around 1500 stadiums to do I think - and then I'll move on to interiors) but that will be a way off. Ideally I'd like to collate a master set of logos (outside of those found in the default DB), city and stadium pics for England and then just have a set of configs that can be used for the DB that has been chosen (i.e. one for Messi, one for Dan, one for BoyInGreen) - more a long term goal I think.

@AhMostyn, I mean the first one. Seems if put the two logos packs together, some of the logos that are contained in the first pack would not show up (e.g. Isle of Man FC). I've checked the config.xml of the second pack - seems those logos which are overlapped with the first pack can't be displayed properly. I had to manually move and edit the config.xml to make it works.

12 hours ago, Hillster84 said:

Just had a look on my save.

Lancaster City are classed as having won The Isthmian Premier, Northern Premier, Southern Premier, & southern South Premier all in the same season but actually finished 19th in the Northern premier.

I was having trouble getting the history to work proper at Level 7 and this explains why.

How was the winners at all your Level 7 Divisions?

I will look at this again and see if i can fix it.

Capture.thumb.JPG.0e9a7a0725c69569b08e7e7f326a995a.JPG

Hey Messi, just wondering - is Dial Square FC in your file? Or are they much lower than Level 11? I'm not so familiar about the levels although on their website and league table, the teams mentioned are not really common in most of the Level 10/11 files I've downloaded so far. 

15 minutes ago, Eggie86 said:

Hey Messi, just wondering - is Dial Square FC in your file? Or are they much lower than Level 11? I'm not so familiar about the levels although on their website and league table, the teams mentioned are not really common in most of the Level 10/11 files I've downloaded so far. 

I think they are below Level 11 but unsure how much lower.

8 hours ago, Eggie86 said:

They’re at Level 13

Alright pal, just started using your epic database and thought id help out in finding any bits and bobs i come across....

Everytime i knock someone out of the FA cup they appear under past winners for that year? This is the only screen that it happens on. The actual list of past winners under the FA cup screen is correct. Wonder if this is just a random glitch.

Untitled.jpg.c990fc48d0b7170aa721e011f9c223e2.jpg

18 minutes ago, CRAIG_83 said:

Alright pal, just started using your epic database and thought id help out in finding any bits and bobs i come across....

Everytime i knock someone out of the FA cup they appear under past winners for that year? This is the only screen that it happens on. The actual list of past winners under the FA cup screen is correct. Wonder if this is just a random glitch.

Untitled.jpg.c990fc48d0b7170aa721e011f9c223e2.jpg

Can anyone else confirm that this is happening?

Having not played in the FA Cup myself i dont know if this happening on my save or not.

Edited by lionel messi

1 minute ago, lionel messi said:

I dont think this is related to my database, i think it is just a bug.

Is it happening in other cups?

Ill keep you posted as ive only played in those 2 competitions, its not a game breaker by any means, just seemed a bit random. Its not linked to the actual competition like i said so it might just be a cosmetic bug.

34 minutes ago, CRAIG_83 said:

Ill keep you posted as ive only played in those 2 competitions, its not a game breaker by any means, just seemed a bit random. Its not linked to the actual competition like i said so it might just be a cosmetic bug.

ok thanks.

If you notice anything else let me know.

On 28/01/2021 at 20:03, lionel messi said:

Just had a look on my save.

Lancaster City are classed as having won The Isthmian Premier, Northern Premier, Southern Premier, & southern South Premier all in the same season but actually finished 19th in the Northern premier.

I was having trouble getting the history to work proper at Level 7 and this explains why.

How was the winners at all your Level 7 Divisions?

I will look at this again and see if i can fix it.

Capture.thumb.JPG.0e9a7a0725c69569b08e7e7f326a995a.JPG

I’ll have a look this weekend. I’ve not managed to have a game yet.

*New update on 2nd post on 1st page*

Some teams at Level 9 & 10 cant be relegated due to their reserve/B teams being at the Level below.

Some teams were getting relegated after the 1st season and then playing in the same League as their reserve/B team so i have stopped teams getting relegated from Levels 9 to 10 if their reserve/B team play at that Level.