[Australia] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to Australia here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Australia should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like Ryan Griffiths is missing from the database. His brothers (Joel and Adam) are both in game but not Ryan!

Wikipedia lists him as being at Lambton Jaffas FC in 2017 but it also lists him as having found work outside of football

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Griffiths_(soccer)#Personal_life

I am not sure what the stance is on this, is his record held on a database not seen by us? I feel like his brothers should have him listed as a favourite person as he was a real player.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Perth Glory, Western United, Macarthur FC, Gold Coast Knights and many other clubs have missing values in Facilities, Youth Coaching, and Recruitment. I believe something hasn't exported to database so I hope this will be fixed for next update :thup:

• 1 month later...

Riku Danzaki is missing on loan for Brisbane Roar. Quite a big as he's been one of their better players this seasons so far + manager Warren Moon should have the 3-4-3 AM as his second favoured formation as he has used that more then the 4231.

Milicic of Macarthur has no favoured formations. Should be 4231 100%.

Carl Robinson of Western Sydney Wanderers should favour the 3-4-1-2, hasn't played 4 at the back at all this season.

For some reason Crocombe is not appreciated by Melbourne Victory but is their clear No 1 this season. Shotton should not be Natural right back, he hasn't played there at all and not in Brebner's thinking of playing there.

That's a few I've noticed at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Justified said:

Riku Danzaki is missing on loan for Brisbane Roar. Quite a big as he's been one of their better players this seasons so far

I could be wrong but I believe as it is only a loan Danzaki can't be added into the game due to the licensing issues with Japanese clubs.

Minor issue but just something that bugged me in my save as I can't change it with the in-game editor (data not set in DB, so he was generated with dark skin in my save).
Rory Hanson (2000016235) should have Ethnicity Northern European; Hair Light Brown 3 or Dark Brown 2, Short; Skin Tone 3 or 4 ; Birth Place Nottingham, England; Born in Nation England [as far as I know he is a naturalised Australian Citizen after moving there in childhood, I don't know what that would fall under for Nationality Info.]

6 hours ago, autohoratio said:

Minor issue but just something that bugged me in my save as I can't change it with the in-game editor (data not set in DB, so he was generated with dark skin in my save).
Rory Hanson (2000016235) should have Ethnicity Northern European; Hair Light Brown 3 or Dark Brown 2, Short; Skin Tone 3 or 4 ; Birth Place Nottingham, England; Born in Nation England [as far as I know he is a naturalised Australian Citizen after moving there in childhood, I don't know what that would fall under for Nationality Info.]

Thanks for this info, I'll make sure it is fixed in the next research cycle 

• 4 months later...

This is probably a bit deep for this particular forum but I think club finances may be a bit (or a fair way?) off. It also may be only one club affected. It's also a hard one to prove because as far as I know financial records are not for public release by the A-League clubs.

I'm currently playing as Western United. I am around two-and-a-half seasons in. Around the first half a season I noticed that my finances had dwindled. Western United starts with around £5m in the bank (I think this is a bit low but hey...). By the end of season one they are in decephit. I'm currently up to Christmas 2022 and have a current balance of -£2.8m. The projections are ugly too:

image.thumb.png.752ff2e956c25d3199de8c6ff480aaf2.png

£8m in the hole in two seasons time!?!

We all know the A-League is hard up for cash and Western United are struggling due to their current nomadic life. The problem I see is in the game they move into Wyndham Stadium in August 2022. Attendances are good for me:

image.png.ebf5d1dcf3dbb8c1d45f6155ff15e3ca.png

Four very healthy crowds has got me a total of £128k. If I look at Central Coast Mariners at the same point (I don't know what they start with) they are £2.36m in the bank with income roughly equalling outgoing.

image.thumb.png.2723f552616168cc2fdd71133a56956e.png

image.thumb.png.7099e9889488ead746192fe559a831d7.png

image.thumb.png.dd99cdd76511969f77c9c865acc8e15d.png

image.thumb.png.20c594d0f3920046d10c2771aea27a51.png

So straight up I do see some discrepancies:

1. Scouting costs - yep, I pay a fair whack in scouting costs. It may explain the discrepancy but I'm not so sure.
  2. Wages - Mine are a lot higher. Maybe I'm paying too much but for a capped league the difference seems huge.
  3. Loyalty bonus - what is it and why is mine doubled?
  4. Other costs - What is it and why have I paid more?
  5. Travel costs - why is regional NSW so similar to travel from than metro Melbourne? Surely the cost of a flights from Gosford is more than flights from Tullamarine.

Really, if I was to take of the rose-coloured glasses I would assume most of this is correct. Income is where I think the biggest discrepancy is:

1. Sponsorship - I have no idea why Central Coast is double that of Western United. This is a Western United with their own stadium at this stage:

image.thumb.png.01cd0f10c500804a8f12d2c5758ec100.png

image.thumb.png.0fc588aab92d6004e68f4ec028ccd7ca.png

Western United are missing some game-generated sponsorships here. Also with the new stadium should come a stadium sponsor. I can't believe that they will not have a sponsored stadium of some sort.

I also think there is some undocumented funds coming from somewhere. Melbourne Victory, Western United & Western Sydney led a bail out Newcastle Jets after the failed takeover bid. There are a few things here:

1. If Western United can afford to bail out Newcastle then their financial position isn't as precarious as the game makes out
  2. If Newcastle are several million in debt why isn't it in the game?

Personally, I think Western United are financially pretty well off. They paid a huge sum to come into the league, they continue to pay marquee wages with little to no direct income and there appears to be no sense that the well is drying up. They certainly have a lot of faults but finances isn't one of them.