FM21 LIVERPOOL - PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Staf9

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could use another running midfielder since i sold Wijnaldum to PSG. Been looking at Kessie as he is available for £40 mil, anyone got expirience with him? Savic is another quality one but very expensive.

On 21/03/2021 at 18:16, krisdonna said:

Could use another running midfielder since i sold Wijnaldum to PSG. Been looking at Kessie as he is available for £40 mil, anyone got expirience with him? Savic is another quality one but very expensive.

Marcos Antonio from Shakhtar Donesk is very good.

• 2 weeks later...

How much of a negative is it if the board are disappointed that you aren't playing entertaining football? I mean, I'm unbeaten, yet to drop points, best Wolves 5-0, Everton 3-0 but, apparently I'm not playing entertaining football. I don't want to disrupt my defensive stability though, I hardly ever concede a goal. 

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

How much of a negative is it if the board are disappointed that you aren't playing entertaining football? I mean, I'm unbeaten, yet to drop points, best Wolves 5-0, Everton 3-0 but, apparently I'm not playing entertaining football. I don't want to disrupt my defensive stability though, I hardly ever concede a goal. 

are you in season 1?

it might be an issue if its part of your agreed plan with the board but once you are winning i'd doubt it would become sackable

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

are you in season 1?

it might be an issue if its part of your agreed plan with the board but once you are winning i'd doubt it would become sackable

Yeah, halfway through January. Haven't lost or drawn in the league yet, Chelsea in the Carabao Cup final and Dortmund in the next round of the Champions League. My biggest issue is, I'm scraping wins. 

Well, I've hit January. Origi is now at Dortmund, Ox went on loan (with option to buy) to BARCELONA! And he even managed a goal on his debut vs Real Madrid. Adrian could be on his way to Al Saad and Ben Davies went on loan to Sheffield United (I'm stacked at centre back). The only incoming was Eric Garcia (10m + add ons). I didn't really want to pay for him, but when 5 other clubs offered him a contract, I didn't really have a choice. I'd had him on loan since the start of the season 

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/05/2021 at 00:50, krisdonna said:

How do you guys play Jones?  I play a 4-3-3 and use him as a cm/ap but he seems to be better coming from the left.

I've got him as a Mez(s) on the left hand side of a 2-man midfield. Granted, he hasn't played there much, but he will pop up with the occasional screamer

On 03/05/2021 at 00:50, krisdonna said:

How do you guys play Jones?  I play a 4-3-3 and use him as a cm/ap but he seems to be better coming from the left.

i changed him to a natural CM on the editor before i started. but generally in first 2 seasons he gets games in AML and CM. does well for me as CM Mezz support

It's been a while, not entirely sure if anyone will remember me, but, if you do...

WELCOME BACK MH. 

Neglected FM for a while, and noticed the touch edition was on XB game pass, so that's where I'm at right now.

On 06/05/2021 at 00:22, MH2k said:

It's been a while, not entirely sure if anyone will remember me, but, if you do...

WELCOME BACK MH. 

Neglected FM for a while, and noticed the touch edition was on XB game pass, so that's where I'm at right now.

Wow heres a blast from the past welcome back 

On 07/05/2021 at 23:38, glenn28 said:

Wow heres a blast from the past welcome back 

I know! I was curious who'd still be here, I see you and Staf9, although the thread doesn't look as busy as it used to be! 

Nearing the end of my first season, signed Sturridge on a free for a season as cover, has been injured most of it, and didn't sell anyone. 

We're boss and everyone else has been terrible so I'm walking away with the league. 

Got City in CL quarters, then it'll be Barca/Real in the semis, and if I get past them, probably Bayern or PSG in the final. 

Edited by MH2k

On 04/05/2021 at 17:52, Staf9 said:

i changed him to a natural CM on the editor before i started. but generally in first 2 seasons he gets games in AML and CM. does well for me as CM Mezz support

Did the same, his flair and dribbling make of him an excellent mezalla, i do play him on attack tho.

Any luck with Stewart? Seems he got random stats.

OK I have finally purchased FM21 and started my usual Liverpool save. I have gone for a 4-4-2 with Jota and Firmino up top which is working well so far (only 3 league games played so far). Trying to decide whether to play Curtis Jones as a winger or as a CM.

On 11/05/2021 at 22:50, krisdonna said:

Did the same, his flair and dribbling make of him an excellent mezalla, i do play him on attack tho.

Any luck with Stewart? Seems he got random stats.

for me i dont hold too much hope with Layton stewart. there's too many better options there to bring in. 

23 hours ago, Staf9 said:

for me i dont hold too much hope with Layton stewart. there's too many better options there to bring in. 

True, lots of potential top strikers in the game. Bought Daka as a back up for £20mil, his off the ball movement is amazing.

Cool, well this is my first time ever with Liverpool on fm and i will try to mold them into the "Bayern" of the EPL.

Did snap up a few wonderkids and try to develop them into the future corner stones of the club. Will give myself 10 years and see where it goes.

On 15/05/2021 at 15:33, krisdonna said:

True, lots of potential top strikers in the game. Bought Daka as a back up for £20mil, his off the ball movement is amazing.

Daka is fantastic for me. Have him 3 Seasons and has scored 30 plus in all seasons. Only got him for 13ish million.

On 17/05/2021 at 22:58, Kloppy said:

Daka is fantastic for me. Have him 3 Seasons and has scored 30 plus in all seasons. Only got him for 13ish million.

He was your first choice?

10 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Gonna restart, had like a 14 winning streak but  i wasn't pleased with the performance of some players. Firmino with 4 goals in 21 games is not done lol

thats extremely accurate :) 

currently doing a sampdoria save and starting season 2, trying to decide whether to wait on the liverpool job in that save or to start a new save by doing a Brazil start date in Feb 2021 and holidaying until the end of season 1. 

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

thats extremely accurate :) 

Haha true! don't expect lots of goals from his side but his game was just aweful in general, he had like a 6.75 rating in 21 games.

Need a more allround striker that brings more to the table.

1 hour ago, krisdonna said:

Haha true! don't expect lots of goals from his side but his game was just aweful in general, he had like a 6.75 rating in 21 games.

Need a more allround striker that brings more to the table.

what role do you have him playing?

he's a strange one, i think it depends on tactics. i've done a number of first season saves and hes had a couple where he scored 20+ league goals. i think his best role for me was CF attack but it depends on tactics. i had 1 save where i have all 3 hit 20 goals and 10+ assists, both Mane and Mo as IF attack and bobby CF attack. need to be a high press tho

8 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

he's a strange one, i think it depends on tactics. i've done a number of first season saves and hes had a couple where he scored 20+ league goals. i think his best role for me was CF attack but it depends on tactics. i had 1 save where i have all 3 hit 20 goals and 10+ assists, both Mane and Mo as IF attack and bobby CF attack. need to be a high press tho

My tactic is a combo of high press and possesion football, just trying to get Bobby more involved. Goals will eventualy come but his ratings are the main concern. Will give him more time as a CF and see where it go's.

Main reason of me restarting is cause i wasn't that happy with my transfers, bought Berge for 30mil while my midfield is already stacked, Talles magno broke his ankle and was out for 4 months...

My tactic is a combo of high press and possesion football, just trying to get Bobby more involved. Goals will eventualy come but his ratings are the main concern. Will give him more time as a CF and see where it go's.

Main reason of me restarting is cause i wasn't that happy with my transfers, bought Berge for 30mil while my midfield is already stacked, Talles magno broke his ankle and was out for 4 months...

try Yeremi Pino from Villareal if you are buying in the first window. has a release clause, great cover for Mo and can be world class in game. 

17 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

try Yeremi Pino from Villareal if you are buying in the first window. has a release clause, great cover for Mo and can be world class in game. 

Just a few prospects for the future but won't spend that big. He is defo on my list, might try on him when i get a full scout report.

Gittens from Dortmund is also one i like to get my hands on, lots of growth & improvement, homegrown and cheap.

18 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Just a few prospects for the future but won't spend that big. He is defo on my list, might try on him when i get a full scout report.

Gittens from Dortmund is also one i like to get my hands on, lots of growth & improvement, homegrown and cheap.

Setford from Ajax is a good shout too.

SEASON ONE review

After spending the entire season in second place we finally climbed above City with 2 games left eventually winning the league by a single point!

Jota got the golden boot despite missing the last month of the season through injury.

We also managed to scrape a 2-1 victory in the Champions League final (against Zebre) despite Matip,Gomez,Van Dijk and Fabinho all being injured. Domestic cups didn't go so well though..

best eleven 20-21.JPG

On 26/05/2021 at 12:24, EnigMattic1 said:

Setford from Ajax is a good shout too.

Nice shout, got him scouted.

Any expirience with Badiashile from Monaco? Can get him for £12.5 mil plus some bonuses, he looks more then decent to cover up Van dijk and he is left footed.

6 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

SEASON ONE review

After spending the entire season in second place we finally climbed above City with 2 games left eventually winning the league by a single point!

Jota got the golden boot despite missing the last month of the season through injury.

We also managed to scrape a 2-1 victory in the Champions League final (against Zebre) despite Matip,Gomez,Van Dijk and Fabinho all being injured. Domestic cups didn't go so well though..

best eleven 20-21.JPG

You got Moukoko in season one? 26 goals is damn impressive for such a young player.

You got Moukoko in season one? 26 goals is damn impressive for such a young player.

Yeah his work permit came through on 1st January 2021 and he scored his first goal on the 2nd of January :) He was my only signing in the first year although I have David Alaba coming on a free in the summer.

45 minutes ago, GR3NDAL said:

Yeah his work permit came through on 1st January 2021 and he scored his first goal on the 2nd of January :) He was my only signing in the first year although I have David Alaba coming on a free in the summer.

Nice signings, set my eyes on Joao Pedro from Watford, can play on both wings and as a striker. He is a bit pricey tho, he got transfer listed for like £32 mil.

1 hour ago, GR3NDAL said:

i thought you had to wait for him as he couldnt move until he turns 18

1 hour ago, GR3NDAL said:

he's my long term plan as he normally doesnt sign a deal with dortmund so you can get him on a free in the jan window of season 3

3 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Nice shout, got him scouted.

Any expirience with Badiashile from Monaco? Can get him for £12.5 mil plus some bonuses, he looks more then decent to cover up Van dijk and he is left footed.

for some reason Chelsea always transfer list Christensen after season 1. he's a must buy for me while i wait on Gvardiol to come in to replace Virg long term. Nianzou from Bayern is also a beast

14 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

for some reason Chelsea always transfer list Christensen after season 1. he's a must buy for me while i wait on Gvardiol to come in to replace Virg long term. Nianzou from Bayern is also a beast

Gvardiol is a nice one, also left footed. Nianzou is indeed a beast, got him on my Milan save for £18.5 mil and was just amazing.

Reason i mention Badiashile is cause  i need an extra body as Kabak is out for 4 months and Gomez is just too injury prone .

12 hours ago, krisdonna said:

@Staf9

Pino just signed a new contract so i went for Nico Williams from Bilbao as my future back up for Mo, kid looks promising.

there's 3 kids, pino, williams or Serrano i think it the 3rd who all have worldie potential, i just found Pino had more stats that start the same on every save. other 2 must have a good few that start at 0 and get populated per save

On 27/05/2021 at 23:08, Staf9 said:

i thought you had to wait for him as he couldnt move until he turns 18

Actually this is what I thought would happen but just had to wait for his WP. It also means he is currently on a youth contract of 150 quid a week :P