FM21 LIVERPOOL - PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Staf9

48 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

How did you get Belotti for 2m?

transfer deadline day - he was listed for 2m.  Started much higher when he was originally listed but then dropped as more time went by!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to have FM22 up in the beta! I finished my first season yesterday, including the Club World Cup during the summer of 2022. Now I'm just waiting for the full release to buckle down with a full save. And hopefully a FM22 thread here to discuss and share experiences! :D

Every season I try to recreate the way Liverpool play in real life as close as possible, while trying to also replicate the transfer business as I think the club would conduct it.

In the beta save I tested a 4-3-3 Gegenpress tactic in the first half, and a 4-3-3 vertical tiki taka in the second. The first worked much better than the second.

Resultwise I won the PL, lost the CL final to Bayern Munich and got my revenge on the germans in the Club World Cup! The Carabao and FA Cups, lets not mention them :lol:

I'm eager to hear how you guys have experienced the front trio of Mane, Salah and Firmino? I must admit that despite having great results throughout the season, the front trio didn't really deliver.

For me I felt that the front trio never clicked.

• Salah was tested as an IF(a) with various instructions. He acted more like an out and out winger than how he acts in real life. He ended with 22 goals and 4 assists in 41 games, having a 7.26 rating.
  • Mane was tested as an IF or IW, with support and attack. he had 8 goals and 5 assists in 35 games, having a 6.96 rating.
  • Firmino (usually the one I have had the most of a challenge with replicating as in real life due to him over achieving) was a real dissapointment. He scored 5 goals and had 4 assists, and a rating of 6.76 as a Deeplying forward.

The full backs though! Wow!

• Trent Alexander Arnold: 40 games, 18 assists, 4 goals, 7.49 rating. Totally the complete wing back, the dominant right playmaker!
  • Andy Robertson: 37 games, 14 assists. 7.50 rating. Super consistent on the assists. He would probably have overtaken even Trent if it wasn't for the fact that Tsimikas is such a great alternative!
  • Kostas Tsimikas: 28 games, 8 assists, 7.40 rating!

Overall I feel the squad is really good and balanced! Can't wait now for the full release to go for a real save, and to check if there are any late changes to the players!