[FM21]I Heard You’re A Player.Nice To Meet You,I’m The Manager.

B.W.G

Robles looks excellent!

The Mexican league actually has a good rep, there have been some strange transfers there such as the likes of Gignac from France. Looks like the money is decent too.

When you say Cup Final does that mean you already won the COCACAF CL?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Robles looks excellent!

The Mexican league actually has a good rep, there have been some strange transfers there such as the likes of Gignac from France. Looks like the money is decent too.

When you say Cup Final does that mean you already won the COCACAF CL?

He hasn't been too bad when I've used him in the league,I've been impressed with him considering his age.

The money is surprisingly good as I was expecting to receive less.Gignac actually returned to Marseille on my save for £325k but even in game there are still some really good players joining teams in Liga MX.

No,the competition I was in is actually called Leagues Cup,it was the final for that.I took this from Wiki regarding the format...

In July 2019, MLS and Liga MX announced that the second edition of the Leagues Cup in 2020 would feature 16 teams—eight from each league. The MLS participants would be drawn from the top four teams in each conference that do not qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League; the Liga MX participants would include the 2019 Apertura champion, 2020 Clausura champion, the 2019–20 Copa MX champion, and the next five best-placed teams in the league.The tournament was cancelled on May 19, 2020, amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

5 hours ago, abulezz said:

That stud!

He has played well so far,I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Europe after I leave the club.

October 2021

Fixtures

7ac077aaddd1efe402ef6aa876fa7ace.png

League Table

0a19cf8c3358d4d82407d3860e9a91ee.png

Manager's Thoughts

We picked up ten points from twelve which means we have secured our playoff spot which is great for us,the talking point of the month will be the close call we had against Club America as they were nearly the first team to beat us in the league,if it wasn't for Veron's very late equalzier then we would have suffered defeat as this was a game of very few chances.I feel that Club  America could be the first team to actually give me a loss as this is the second time this season that we have avoided defeat by a narrow margin, that is actually worrying for me!

We will be playing a minimum of four times in November but I only know the opposition of two of these games.To finish off the league section of the opening stage,we will be facing Pumas de la UNAM and Atlas Guadalajara,I want us to win both games to give us the morale boost going into the playoff section.The playoff quarter finals are also in November but I haven't got a clue who we will facing yet due to how close it is for the last playoff spots.

Youth Intake Preview

ef892d72ba146df89fcda59bf2696e59.png

I was actually expecting this through in December but it has arrived at the end of November.Looking at this,it isn't a good intake but we have to keep an eye out for a goalkeeper and a winger from the next intake.

November 2021

Fixtures

006328102d8e6e2a0eefb416f02ecd14.png

League Table

ab872bf1d5cea18e8f62f8ea4d9f9989.png

Manager's Thoughts

is this what if feels like to be normal.....I don't like it.We finished our league campaign by picking three points up from the two games after a surprising loss to Pumas de la UNAM in which we failed to covert our chancs.We did get through the quarter finals of the playoff but only after losing the first leg 2-0,payback was sweet as we put seven past them in the second leg.We played a fifth game in November as we beat Santos Laguna 5-0 in the first leg of the semi-final so that is a great advantage for us.

We either have one game or three games in December.We are guaranteed to be playing Santos Laguna as it is the second leg of the semi-final,if we avoid a six goal defeat then we will either play CF Monterrey or Club America in the final,either one will be a tough match for the eventual winners of my tie but there is no way Santos Laguna can beat us by six goals.

1 hour ago, B.W.G said:

He hasn't been too bad when I've used him in the league,I've been impressed with him considering his age.

The money is surprisingly good as I was expecting to receive less.Gignac actually returned to Marseille on my save for £325k but even in game there are still some really good players joining teams in Liga MX.

No,the competition I was in is actually called Leagues Cup,it was the final for that.I took this from Wiki regarding the format...

In July 2019, MLS and Liga MX announced that the second edition of the Leagues Cup in 2020 would feature 16 teams—eight from each league. The MLS participants would be drawn from the top four teams in each conference that do not qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League; the Liga MX participants would include the 2019 Apertura champion, 2020 Clausura champion, the 2019–20 Copa MX champion, and the next five best-placed teams in the league.The tournament was cancelled on May 19, 2020, amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

He has played well so far,I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Europe after I leave the club.

Got it. Hopefully you can win the continental cup this season. 

Mexico sounds like fun. Maybe I'll venture out there at some point too. 

8 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Got it. Hopefully you can win the continental cup this season. 

Mexico sounds like fun. Maybe I'll venture out there at some point too. 

Me too although there is always next season as we have already qualified for the Champions League by reaching the playoff final.

It has been pretty fun,it has a good reputation so you can get good players in.The only thing you need to worry about is if you are at one of the clubs near the bottom,relegation is done by the average points system,we have been that dominant that I haven't bothered posting that table.

Edited by B.W.G

December 2021

Fixtures

76a7902225537c92bcf92ac8c5913630.png

Manager's Thoughts

We finished off Santos Laguna with a 5-1 second leg victory to give us a 10-1 aggregate victory.The final was a tale of two games,we lost the first leg which included a 90th minute goal which meant the second leg was going to be a lot harder than it should have been.The second leg saw us beat CF Monterrey 4-1 on the night in which the tie went to extra time with us scoring the 4th goal in the 104th minute,this gave us a narrow 5-4 aggregate victory,this match has probably been my favourite of the save so far due to the emotions this damn team put me through!

January sees the start of the closing stage and we will be playing three times,the team will be facing CF Pachuca,Queretaro FC and Puebla FC,my aim is to be in the playoff spots as the closing stage isn't the priority for me in the second half of the season,the main priority for me is the Champions League.

January 2022

Fixtures

2199a44ed1663e7333653ad6f862c03c.png

League Table

b58b3fa4ef049796dc0e176703d62ebb.png

Manager's Thoughts

We made a solid if unspectacular start to the second half of the season,we won all the games but the football on display was below where I wanted it to be,this is probably down to the lack of match fitness the team has.We finished the month in a playoff spot and that is perfect as that is all the board expects of us.

February will see business pick up as we play seven times,five in the league and two in the Champions League.In the league we will be facing FC Juarez,Mazatlan,CF Monterrey,Deportivo Guadalajara and Deportivo Toluca,my aim is to be firmly in a playoff spot as the league stage isn't my main focus.The main focus is the Champions League where we will be face Costa Rican side Alajuelense in a two legged affair,we should beat them with little trouble but we still have to be careful as I don't want to be on the receiving end of any upsets but I am very confident we will go through.

A Shock to the System

da229779a0133a0abca67db3052ddce0.png

Normally I wouldn't comment on another teams result but this is a massive shock.HFX Wanderers FC play in the Canadian Premier League which is the sixth best league in North America,to see a Canadian side dump out a Mexican side in the first round is massive,I wonder if this will help the CPL rise in the rankings.

1 minute ago, DazRTaylor said:

A good read mate.  You are breezing Mexico.  I also couldn’t resist starting Robles as many games as possible.  He looks like a monster.

Thanks!

I got lucky with a random number generator picking my team for me :D 

Robles has made six appearances for me this season but this will be increasing as we are currently going through an injury crisis as we have seven first team players missing,so his appearances will be increasing.He's coming along very nicely and has already gone up 0.5* in less than a year with us so I my hopes for him continue to get higher.

February 2022

Fixtures

e3b3f72c41125176543d09439ee5abc8.png

League Table

d2713a9b23afce4bbfdd0c6a2b8c9411.png

Manager's Thoughts

What a month that was as we won all seven games.We sit eleven points clear of ninth place with nine games left to play so I am very confident we will get a playoff spot.The Champions League has started off really well for us as we knocked out Alajuelense 7-1 on aggregate but I suppose that is the warm up for what is to come.On the pitch has gone exceedingly well for us,the problems for us have been off the pitch,the injuries have mounted up and we are missing seven players (only 1 player out less than two weeks!) so things could be a bit tricky next month.

March is a busy month as we play six times,four in the league and two in the Champions League.In the league we will be facing Atletico San Luis,Xolos Tijuana,Club Leon and Club Necaxa,luckily this is a easier run of fixtures for us so some of the fringe players will be featuring a lot more due to the injury situation at the club,no real aims in the league as we will still be in the playoffs no matter what.In the Champions League we will be facing CF Monterrey,this will be a tough tie but I am confident we can win and I want to do so as I want the Champions League trophy!

Youth Intake 2022

6da5e7b0869ce8c2a9b13580322ea96a.png

Christopher Moreno

Jose Joaquin Trejo

Jose Alfredo Mena

Manager's Thoughts

It's actually a pretty good intake as there are three players here who will easily make it into Cruz Azul's team if they meet there potential,The three players mentioned in the screenshots will be joining Javier Robles (look at his improvement :eek:) on a special shortlist so I can keep track of their careers after I leave Cruz Azul.

1 minute ago, abulezz said:

Moreno and Mena are going to be good.

Robles is going to be a star in Europe soon - that improvement is insane. 

You'll be pleased to know that Robles has netted his first two league goals for the club in the same game.Just a shame my defence ruined his day,we lost the game 4-3 :seagull:

March 2022

Fixtures

378ac80b802ecc74957d59281732d881.png

League Table

2dda91b9ad4d23675e082b94a016f8ed.png

Manager's Thoughts

We picked up six points from twelve in the league,I have literally no complaints from the attacking side of things but the defence in both losses was absolutely terrible as we conceded over half the goals during the closing stages in those two games.A lot of warnings and fines were given after those two games.As for the Champions League,I am over the moon with how we played in both games as we knocked out CF Monterrey 5-2 on aggregate to move onto the semi-finals.

April is another really busy month as we play seven times,five in the league and two in the Champions League.In the league we finish our Closing Stage campaign with games against Club America,Santos Laguna,Tigres UANL,Atlas Guadalajara and Pumas de le UNAM,we need one win to secure a playoff spot but I want to win as many as possible to keep the morale high going into the playoffs,I also want a much betted defensive display than what we put on in March,In the Champions League we will be facing Seattle Sounders in the semi-finals ,this is the toughers opponent we could have had as they are top of their Conference and the other two are Santos Laguna and Montral Impact,I feel like I didn't get luck of the draw here.

As far as the defense being crap. How do you set your general opposition settings. I notice the match engine likes to give the wrong defender marking duties (when you mark a player for tight marking) and I have to go back into tactics and edit the orders myself. 

Also lots more worldly Long Shots are going in.

Also like always speed kills if you have a high line and slow defenders.

Overall my impression is that the ME is more realistic...I think. 

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

As far as the defense being crap. How do you set your general opposition settings. I notice the match engine likes to give the wrong defender marking duties (when you mark a player for tight marking) and I have to go back into tactics and edit the orders myself. 

Also lots more worldly Long Shots are going in.

Also like always speed kills if you have a high line and slow defenders.

Overall my impression is that the ME is more realistic...I think. 

Looking at how I've conceded goals,it's not set pieces as we have only conceded one goal in the closing stage.I tend to use zonal marking,

I had to look back at the goals I've conceded two long shots.

The main problem is that I need a better 3rd choice DC as you pointed out speed kills and I use a higher line,out of the eight conceded in March,he was caught out for five of them as he was outpaced by the attacker.

3 hours ago, B.W.G said:

Looking at how I've conceded goals,it's not set pieces as we have only conceded one goal in the closing stage.I tend to use zonal marking,

I had to look back at the goals I've conceded two long shots.

The main problem is that I need a better 3rd choice DC as you pointed out speed kills and I use a higher line,out of the eight conceded in March,he was caught out for five of them as he was outpaced by the attacker.

ME is more realistic yes but this is what is doing my head in, still way too many goals from simple through balls and a foot race between a CB and a pacy ST, with the striker always winning out. It's not half as easy to get through on goal IRL. 

4 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

ME is more realistic yes but this is what is doing my head in, still way too many goals from simple through balls and a foot race between a CB and a pacy ST, with the striker always winning out. It's not half as easy to get through on goal IRL. 

I think it is an over adjustment from FM20 when you saw almost no through balls and strikers marked out of play.

10 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Great topic and idea.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

2 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I think it is an over adjustment from FM20 when you saw almost no through balls and strikers marked out of play.

I'm in agreement with both of you,FM21 has too many goals from through balls while FM 20 had very little.Although when your 3rd choice defender has a rating of 6 for acceleration and 7 for pace,it isn't difficult to get past him,think the club needs a new 3rd choice DC :lol: 

The only way I could get a through ball done on FM 20 was using a shadow striker AMC to pass to a advanced forward AF.

Are we anticipating any fixes in the ME after the Beta is done? 

I probably wouldn't be surprised to see if things change with goals from through balls,I've also seen a lot of people say the beta has been too easy but I'm not sure what they can do about that.

3 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

I probably wouldn't be surprised to see if things change with goals from through balls,I've also seen a lot of people say the beta has been too easy but I'm not sure what they can do about that.

Easy - this s*** has been hell for me so far!

Easy - this s*** has been hell for me so far!

That's the difference with someone who buys players in a save and someone with balls of steel by doing a youth only save :D 

Edited by B.W.G

April 2022

Fixtures

18e4fa19ab833280436dfac6f821b5ba.png

League Table

4ad8dd3ea1eef229fd6106d4a5d25aea.png

Manager's Thoughts

We won four out of five in the league which guaranteed us a playoff spot so that was job done for us,I'm not really bothered by the loss to Atlas Guadalajara as I put a weak side out due to the Champions League match that was coming up so.The Champions League was the centre of attention for us,we got past Seattle Sounders with a 5-1 aggregate win but don't let the first leg fool you as that 3-0 win flattered us,a win by a single goal would of been a much fairer result in that game.We also played the first leg of the final,I was really impressed with the result as we beat Montreal Impact 5-0 which means we have one hand on the trophy!

We have three games in May to play at the minute,one in the Champions League and two in the Closing Stage playoffs.The Champions League game is the second leg of the final against Montreal Impact,we have a 5-0 lead from the first leg so I want a professional performance to ensure that we lift the trophy at the end of the night.The Closing Stage playoffs pits us against Atletico San Luis,we should win that quite comfortably but I have to ensure that there is no complacency going into the game as stupid mistakes could cost us.

Edited by B.W.G

May 2022

Fixtures

d35a3d2ce73bf53ef69ea0cb1b7ffaf0.png

Manager's Thoughts

The final month of the season saw us pick up two more trophies.The big one was the Champions League as we finished Montreal Impact off in style as we beat them 4-0 on the night which gave us a 9-0 aggregate victory in the final!We had a minor scare in the playoffs as Atletico San Luis actually beat us in the first leg but we overcame that in teh second then we had no real issues in the rest of the playoffs as we clinched the Closing Stage title.

End of Season update to follow then onto the U.S.A we go!

dd1d242fb3641cbd301223f6d801a18d.png

Cruz Azul - Liga MX - End of Season - 2021/22

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Transfers - Released - Youth

Ten players were released as I didn't need them at the club and they wouldn't even add enough depth to be of use for the club.Five players went out on loan as I was using this to drum up interest in them as they are in positions where we are very heavy for talent.Two players joined other clubs on free transfer while we sold Yotun who was in his last year of his contract,it only made sense to get money for him as he wasn't playing much anyway.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3 - Schedule 4

Competitions

Liga MX Torneo Apertura - Winners

League Table

3211b150e283dbabcdba0cdece3dca5a.png

We topped the league and qualified for the playoffs with very little problem although we did lose a game which was the first time in the save.As for the play offs,we made really hard work of it as we had to overturn deficit against Puebla in the quarter finals,the semi-final against Santos Laguna was easy as we beat them 10-1 on aggregate.The final against CF Monterrey saw us lose 3-1 in the first leg,I can only describe our performance in the second leg as top class as we overturned the deficit to win the Apertura playoff final 5-4 on aggregate thanks to extra time.

Liga MX Torneo Clausura - Winners

League Table

45002db61de780786df9976bd928658c.png

Again we qualified for the playoffs easily but we only finished three points ahead of CF Monterrey as we lost three times which was actually more than CF Monterrey.We had to turn over another deficit in the playoff quarter finals against Atletico San Luis,we lost the first leg 2-0 but won the second leg 4-0 to give us a 4-2 aggregsate victory.No problems against Atlas Guadalajara in the semi-finals as we got past them with a 5-1 aggregate victory.The final against CF Monterrey was completely different to the Apertura final as we won both games this time as we clinched a fourth stage title in a row.

CONCACAF Champions League - Winners

4e21a56eae327d8b70fd3c252ffc5992.png

Mission accomplished in Mexico as we won the Champions League.To get to the final we beat Alajuelense (7-1 on aggregate),CF Monterrey (5-2 on aggregate) and Seattle Sounders (5-1 on aggregate).The final itself was the most one sided two legged final I have ever been in,we beat Montreal Impact 9-0 on aggregate and they rarely threatened us in both games. 

Leagues Cup - Winners

00e930cfe342ea69ac8035da2ace3b51.png

Is it bad that I found this harder to win than the Champions League.We beat DC United,Club America (on penalties) and Santos Laguna to reach the final.I think the only reason we beat Real Salt Lake was because they made a slow start and we were 2-0 up in 17 minutes.They were all over us in the second half and we just about hung on to lift the trophy.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards

The Team

a9b5e449802799d409c62d84151319c2.png

6d96f8ceb6dfba5ac9540d1a58691bfb.png

Jonathan Rodriguez

Jesus Gallardo

Luis Francisco Romo

Juan Escobar

Javier Eduardo Lopez

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was a fun time in Mexico as we completed a clean sweep this year by walking out of this season with a quadruple,this means Mexico is now finished for us so that is one down,just fifty one more to go!I actually found myself challenged this season as the Leagues Cup was hard for us to win and we also had to overturn a deficit on three occasions in the playoffs and one of those was in a final.All the praise needs to be heaped on to my attackers though as they are the reason for our success as we had eight players score double figures for goals this season with Rodruguez leading the way with 35 goals in 48 appearances.Also Cruz Azul are now the biggest team in North America according to the reputation of the teams in the region.

With Mexico now finished,we will be moving to the USA and America,there calendar is different to Mexico's as where we have finished our season,they are about halfway through their season.No idea who I will be managing yet but there is one job in which the manager's job security is precarious (Atlanta Utd),one manager has a job security of Very Insecure (LAFC) while another is Insecure (LA Galaxy).I'm not really bothered at where I will manager as either of those three mentioned will require some work to them and I will need to a but of time to get my head around the different contracts and salary cap!

Career

f7e530ed4eb55eb7304e09ef04b4db59.png

14 minutes ago, abulezz said:

Bring on the MLS! Fantastic career in Mexico - let's stay in touch with our boy Robles. 

Thanks!

Going to try and bring him into the MLS if possible,it'd be stupid not try and get him in at whatever club I will be at.

Club World Cup draw

Turns out I'm not finished in Mexico yet as we have one more tournament to play in.

fa551c58e4c30b3bb634341d0c450840.png

Only the top team goes through to the quarter finals and I get PSG in my group.....that's just cruel!

Club World Cup Quarter Final

All Good things must come to an end.....wait.....what!?

09b485443a8c7b24a5feff7319f403c9.png

Well that was unexpected and also annoying.We beat a ten men Real Madrid in a game I expected to go out of,this has turned out to be annoying as I've just had an interview with Atlanta about their managerial position,if I get offered it during the competition then I hope I can delay it.

The semi-final will be against Atletico Madrid,they beat Tottenham on penalties.

Edited by B.W.G

Club World Cup semi-final

I think the game has broke

42b1914beb65a0d2594daf1a943caa40.png

This was Atletico Madrid's line up and it looks to be very strong.

d1f32e5b50d13f696deb08d10e346586.png

The final is against Barcelona,the game has been scheduled for after my contract is due so I don't have a clue what is going to happen.

Did Atlanta United actually offer you an interview or was it the  job open at the end of your season?

Cruz Azul, the best team in La Liga not just La Liga MX!

Also for some reason I believe your 3rd best centerback was scouting out sites to hold the after party!

Edited by Hootieleece