[FM21]I Heard You’re A Player.Nice To Meet You,I’m The Manager.

B.W.G

381b64f5e7857e95c23514c615dcfe14.png

Colo-Colo - Campeonato AFP PlanVital - Pre-Season - 2060

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released - Youth

It was a bit of a weird one as the transfers don't show all the transfers made but only the ones to do with the first team.We sold two first teamers during pre-season,Canbrera was pre-arranged before I took over so there wasn't anything I could do about that while we sold Mosset as he was into the last year of his contract and he was one of the biggest moaners in the team so it was off he went,we did also sell three "B" Team players for about £600k but they don't show up for some reason.On the incoming side of the transfers,it says we signd two players but we actually signed four with the two missing appearing on the 2059 incoming transfers.Moises is a DC who will add depth while Cuya is a more versatile replacement for Mosset,I was already familiar with Cuya due to facing him numerous times while in Peru.

Pre-Season Fixtures

652c3e86edc40c1e6ef01387204e4520.png

It was a great pre-season as we won every game and we even beat the reigning Copa Libertadore champions Nacional at their own ground which is phenomenal.We played a number of games and managed to rotate the team frequently so the majority of players will have decent amount of fitness and sharpness going into the new season.This could give us a small boost at the start of the season due to playing more games and having more fitness which may allow our players to last longer in the game.

The Team

Tactic A - Tactic B

b3fd77e47cb934ceb1f5c2fc9e8be884.png533136ca37311f482dbea8624843ff6c.png

Jorge Carrasco

Jorge Arias

Luis Olmedo

Luciano Visconti

Braian Malich

Manager's Thoughts

I didn't really need to do much during pre-season as the team was in a good position,we made a few transfers with four coming in and five leaving so there wasn't much change in that so the dynamics and that maybe handy coming into the new season.Not been at the club long enough to ask for upgrades and the finances are in a solid position so I am happy with everything at present.We have a solid squad overall and we also have a decent amount of depth so there shouldn't really be a problem when it comes to rotation due to injuries and suspensions so I am satisfied with everything although I will have the pressure to succeed as we are the second biggest club in Chile so a small bad run of form could cause problems but I am confident we can avoid that barring a freakish injury crisis.

As for expectations this season,the board have demanded that we challenge for the title,reach the final of the Copa Chile and reach the second round of the Copa Sudamericana at minimum.With the league we are favourites for the title so there is no reason why we shouldn't be challenging for the title,in the Copa Chile if we can avoid any of the bigger teams then I see no reason why we can't make the final.Copa Sudamericana will depend on the draw but I am confident we can reach the first round as we have Union Espanola in the preliminaries and we should be too strong for them in both legs so reaching the second round shouldn't be too much of a problem.Time to see if I sink or swim with this high pressured job!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

February 2060

Fixtures

6faf41576c5d194490cd89cdf5ef15ea.png

Table

5d31944f0ee5878b05f2cf5aa131e9b9.png

Turns out the Chilean top flight wasn't ready for the 4-2-3-1 Gegenpress as we ran riot across all three games,netting twenty times and only conceding once which means unsurprisingly we are top of the table on goal differece.The games were as easy as they seemed and we could of scored more than five against Palestino and that was our lowest scoring match of the month.I have no doubt that as the season goes on then it will become a lot more difficult as the new players at the other clubs will settle down and help their dynamics so it is important that we can keep our fluing start going so we can get an early advantage.

March Fixtures

1106aa9546e29d47f8e4ca3452d59e7f.png

March 2060

Fixtures

6b9982e959cc966ad6935f24f0d2259a.png

Table

cb8e6cd5a0751fc520f4a629ee6518cb.png

What a bizarre month when it came to down to the actual results as we were the better side in all of the matches but our attacking performances were also under the xG ratings which shows we made a mess of things up front which is annoying.We picked up six points out of nine in the league and that was enough to keep us at the top on goal differnce,we fully deserved our two wins but we should of scored more while the last league games saw us being the architects of our own defeat as we took the lead then failed to build upon that and UdC scored twice from two shots on target.In the Copa Sudamericana we kicked things off with a 2-1 win over Union Espanola but like with our two league wins,we really netted more as two goals from twenty five shots is a poor performance in front of goal.

April Fixtures

1f8ef9ed1587e4839a8e6dee64641508.png

April 2060

Fixtures

9b46fc919578c83d412cd1ff38154532.png

Tables

d775b2c18ea152c6930134b784eab045.png

4b731153b64129147733cfd1166707ff.png

April was a great month overall as we went unbeaten in all competitions.We were much better in front of goal this month than we were in March with exception to the one game against Desportes Antofagast where my attackers had an off day as we drew that match 1-1,I will take some blame for that as well as I rotated the team to keep the majority of players fit for the match against Botafogo.We are currently top of the league and we hold a three point advantage at the minute although U.d Chile hold the advantage as if they win their remaining games then they would overthrow us at the top due to losing less points.The Copa Sudamericana saw us finish knocking out Union Espanola and we then kicked off the group stages with two wins including a fantastic 5-1 win over Brazilian side Botafogo.Still pretty close all around so we will probably need to wait till June is done to see how things are shaping up for everyone and then we can figure out where we stand and how to carry on.

May Fixtures

7e9e43b2e33decd327daa83597c39e85.png

Meanwhile in England

881245d6eecfcd3e64f0bd3d09c0e4fc.png

Leiston achieved the most unwanted feat in football as they failed to win a single point in Vanarama National North.This is the first time I have seen someone lose all 46 league games in England so congratulations to Leiston for their feat...I guess.

May 2060

Fixtures

14082fd16a48ebf6e6896d03ee3f028e.png

Tables

70c7f52d5707b1a0aa74b9939acc0099.png

7c349c7924107b9b7d1bb871571dd55d.png

Green,green and more green everywhere in May as we won every game in all competitions during the month,our success this month has seen us open up a seven point gap at the top of the table although Union Espanola do have a game in hand on us so the potential for the gap to close is there so we're not running away by any means.The biggest win of the month was definitely the 3-1 win over Ud Chile in which Braian Malich stole the show by netting a hat-trick,no issues in any of the other games as we kept clean sheets in the other league games.In the Copa Sudamericana we finished the group stage off in style as we won all four group games to finish the group stage off with a 100% record,the score lines reflect the performances as Danubio were actually more of a challenge than Botafogo as the Uruguayan side gave us two thrilling games but onwards to the second round we go.

June Fixtures

9969778f29d4150d3b021ae585d574fa.png

June 2060

Fixtures

d3147f267b2d60ae1d4ec78d0fa0de6b.png

Table

ed2a5b4a745698af0822eca5c7edc08a.png

Another perfect month as we won every game once again but at least this month had a 12 goal thriller in it!No issues in the league as we comfortable beat Union Espanola 3-0 and that victory as seen us open up a ten point lead over them as they are our nearest rivals,they do have a game in hand on us but we do have a bit of room if we do mess things up.In the Copa Chile we easily disposed of Desportes Valdivia with a 10-1 aggregate win while it was a tale of two games against San Luis de Quillota as we won the first leg 8-4 in what was a thrilling game while the second leg was a drab 1-0 victory.These wins mean that we have reached the quarter finals so we are now nearing the board's aim of reaching the final.The fact we've managed to do this while missing three key players for the latter part of the month due to the Copa America shows you how well we have done.

July Fixtures

fa79cfe665262e3086132e3d1e37823d.png

July 2060

Fixtures

49e6de6ce448b5c7731f5fbcab89238e.png

Table

2dd334bff70d6ea8e313c6e4027d4545.png

We went through July unbeaten which is great and it was only Colombian side Atletico Nacional who stopped our winning run.In the league we won both games while fielding a rotated side so I am pleased with the results,we now have a ten point lead at the top and a game in hand which is due to the fixtures falling on 31/7 and 1/8.In the Copa Sudamericana,we drew the first leg with Atletico Nacional which was a fair result as it was a very even match and we were lucky in the fact that their finishing was as bad as ours was,the second leg saw us destroy them 5-0 and progress to the quarter finals.No issues in the Copa Chile as we easily disposed of Union La Calera 8-1 on aggregate so onto the semi-finals we go for the Copa Chile.The biggest issue for me at the moment is actually injuries,at this moment in time we have nine players who have missed 10% or more of games this season with the highest being at 36% so this is just a bit annoying when it comes to needing to rotate players.

August Fixtures

14eeb8290cb51d6b92bc8041a3bb426c.png

Edited by B.W.G

August 2060

Fixtures

f894db76728d0f273f50d3c931387727.png

Table

364e374f1e13097d03f466750ba5c868.png

August as another unbeaten month when it came to results but it was only just as we were roughly a minute away from losing to UdC in the league.We picked up thirteen points from fifteen in the league which was a brilliant return considering the amount of rotation we had to do due to losing players thanks to injuries and suspensions so I have been really lucky to have inherited this squad as it was a really good team who under performed massively last season.Malich was our hero in the league as he stole a point against UdC and it was completely undeserved as they were the better side in the match.In the Copa Sudamericana we won both legs against Libertad,the first we completely dominated while the second leg was a thriller and could of gone either way.At this moment in time,we only need eleven points from the last eight games and we are the Champions.

September Fixtures

d44f6b299b1525d15b4cc6f238ff7f42.png

September 2060

Fixtures

c1d0d6d1e5a6cab2ae71ef0be001fafc.png

Table

c7c2b8fce0c185ef6c2f6bc3f8819c75.png

Can't stop me now,I'm having a good time,I'm having a ball!Another month played and another month unbeaten as we are slowly closing in on a very successful season as we have one hand on the title and we are through to the final of the Copa Sudamericana.In the league we picked up four points from six,we had no issues in the victory over Everton while the 0-0 draw against Deportes Antofagasta left a bitter taste in my mouth as we completely dominated them and we ended dropping points due to our inability to finish our chances.We put in two excellent performances against Belgrano in the Copa Sudamericana as we knocked out the Argentinian side 5=1 on aggregate,we controlled both games and were the better side in both matches so it was a fully deserved victory.We also recorded a 4-3 victory over Huachipato in the first leg of the Copa Chile semi-finals,our attack was great but our defence was terrible and that was proven when we let in two sloppy goals.

October Fixtures

9829e3c10a2755fc76a9fe1ca29ecb46.png

October 2060

Fixtures

c3494f65ce2a276ff92a6534858387b7.png

Table

fafca3bd3daa64c0e661173477ad925d.png

October was a month of absolute domination as our smallest scoring match was a 4-1 victory over Huachipato which says all you need to know about October.In the league we wrapped up the title after the 6-0 demolition of Albo-Cruzado rivals Universidad Catolica,there is nothing better than clinching the title after destroying your rivals.Honest;y it's too difficult to pick out a team performance in the league from me but for individual performances,I can look no further than Braian Malich's four goal haul against Deportes Iquique as that took his tally to 47 goals for the season.We progressed to the final of the Copa Chile after destroying Huachipato 6-2 in the semi-final second leg to give us a 10-5 aggregate win.

November Fixtures

582b38227b4cd55a6e9b973dcdefe55d.png

November 2060

Fixtures

3589e2bee3aac001d05f7f7f643c781d.png

Table

9918f8c1033406008555c24ea457f732.png

Just the one league game in November and we lost our amazing unbeaten run to Universidad de Chile in what can be described as "I got FM'd",we conceded three times from ten shots despite having 23 shots with 13 of those being on target!On the flip side,I won the Copa Chile against them as we beat them 4-3 on aggregate to lift some more silverware.The biggest win for me in November came in the Copa Sudamerican as we beat Brazilian side Chapecoense to lift South America's second biggest Continental trophy,it was a tight match but we played well and defended excellently so I am really happy to come out of that match with the win and a cleans sheet.

December Fixture

ee71702a5e638905719e88d8828461cf.png

December 2060

Fixture

4bb3940a41783e98b67d19ecf33d9159.png

Table

6a9b406c6bf9ab25b116af12f32c993a.png

A disappointing end to the season as we drew 2-2 against Union Espanola, defensively we were terrible and made stupid mistakes and in attack we squandered far too many chances as we would of won the game if we had finished them off well.Thankfully we had nothing left to play for as we have failed to win our last three games and that could have been troublesome if they were finals or we were in a title race.

End of Season update to follow then onto 2061 we go and our first attempt at the Copa Libertadores!

381b64f5e7857e95c23514c615dcfe14.png

Colo-Colo - Campeonato AFP PlanVital - End of Season - 2060

Season Review

Transfers - Released - Youth

Annoyingly the screenshots are very inaccurate for the business we actually did,one player left on a free,we loaned two players out for developmental reasons and now here the confusion starts as it says we sold two players but I also sold three "B" team players but they haven't come up on the transfer screen so that is a bit annoying as six players left the club permanently despite it saying only three players.It was the same for incoming players as well,it shows that we paid £5.5 million for three players but we actually signed five players for £15.25 million but the other two show up on last season's incomings.All five of these players were signed with the first team in mind so they were expected to play a big part for us.

Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3

Competitions

Campeonato AFP PlanVItal - Winners

5b824ed1520be90a4c5f31af6264f353.png

It was as easy as it looked as we stormed the league and won it by seventeen points to our nearest rivals,we were dominant pretty much all season although a third of the games where we dropped points were actually in the last two games of the season so I was a bit disappointed we finished the season off like we did.We were top goal scorers by quite a significant margin but we only managed to have the second best defence so that may need to be looked at during pre-season as I want the best attack and defence.

Copa Sudamericana - Winners

3646277d543f95375d4f7688b764fdbf.png

d894f9e76a59e4a899a4482ba82af45a.png

This was my first attempt at the Copa Sudamericana and I am pleased to say that we managed to win the whole competition which was a fantastic achievement for us.We beat Union Espanola to get into the group stage and we went from strength to strength from that,we then topped a group which contained Danubio,Aucas and Botafogo and we did so with a 100% record which was really impressive.In the knockouts we beat Atletico Nacional (5-0 on aggregate),Libertad (5-2 on aggregate) and Belgrano (5-1 on aggregate) just to reach the final.In the final itself I think we had a bit of luck as Chapecoense went down to ten men in the first half and we then took advantage of having a man extra shortly after as Julve scored the only goal of the game on 31 minutes and we controlled it after that,if they had a full match with eleven men then this would of been a completely different match,

Copa Chile - Winners

a6ec265068fec47332b2cad7d9c23099.png

This was probably the most entertaining competition for the neutrals due to the amount of goals scored.On our way to the final we beat Deportes Valdivia (10-1 on aggregate),San Luis de Quillota (9-4 on aggregate),Union La Calera (8-1 on aggregate) and Huachipato (10-5 on aggregat).We then had two really close matches with Universidad de Chile in the final as we ran out 4-3 aggregate winners to lift the Copa Chile.The fans got to see 55 goals in ten games so they certainly got their moneys worth.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades 1 - 2 - Best XI

ec58249c482bc9cc121c3f4431021cd9.png

Braian Malich

Luciano Visconti

Fernando Silva

Walter Uribe

Luis Olmedo

Manager's Toughts

When it came to success on a domestic front I can say I'm not honestly surprised as we had a really strong team which was supposed to had been favourites for the league back then,we improved on this with some signings to help the first team with overall quality and we pretty much walked everything when it came to domestic football,our performances this season showed me why the previous manager was sacked as there was no way a team which already had quite a bit of quality should of finished as low as they did.I was surprised with our success in the Copa Sudamericana as I wasn't expecting to beat Chapeconse but Lady Luck smiled upon us and that early red card for the Brazilian side tipped things in our favour.That win means we now have a chance at the Recopa Sudamericana next season where we will face Corinthians.Financially we are in a very solid position as we have £17.4 million in the bank and I may ask the board to use some of it for upgrades but I will need to keep some back for transfers as I will have a free foreign spot which I want to use on a centre back as that is our weakest area.

As for next season,I want more of the same on the domestic front as we have a great team that can still be improved so if we get the right signings then our rivals should be scared.When it comes to the Copa Libertadores,I think next season will be used to see how we fair against the bigger sides in South America as that will show where I will need to improve the team but I don't feel we will need to do much so onwards to next season we go!

Career Stats

Link - (For entire Career)

74c11f1530344b10fc7e7987307eae73.png