[FM21]I Heard You’re A Player.Nice To Meet You,I’m The Manager.

B.W.G

April 2026

Fixtures

d9acde829e2328c4435e482e269aa9b0.png

League Table

21c9ea2be564774b6f8a1118d609e85c.png

Manager's Thoughts

The talking point is clearly our Champions League performances as we beat Seattle Sounders on away goals in the semi-finals but lost 2-1 to Cruz Azul in our home leg,the Mexican side were far too strong and really should of scored more than two goals.On a more positive note,we resumed our domination of Canada with a 3-1 win over Atletico Ottawa to finish the month at the top.I wasn't expecting to top the table this soon!

We play seven times in May,six in the league and one in the Champions League.In the league we will be facing HFX Wanderers,Valour FC,Forge FC,FC Edmonton,York9 FC and Pacific FC.My aim for the league is simple and that is to finish the month at the top.In the Champions League we face Cruz Azul in the second leg of the final,we are 2-1 down and have to travel to their ground so our chances are slim at best as we could have easily been four or five down after the first leg.If we can keep it respectable then that will be a plus as I don't want to get embarrassed by Cruz Azul again!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May 2026

Fixtures

f40b1f63852dee75d0726ad7ff2953ac.png

League Table

416a3168aabffa74e38dae0b22809ca6.png

Manager's Thoughts

We won six out seven league games as we finished the month at the top of the table and we have a seven point gap although we have played a game more due to a fixture being moved into May as the World Cup is on and we would be missing players so things were rearranged.I wouldn't of being too annoyed about the loss if it wasn't to FC Edmonton as there is no worse feeling then losing to your rivals.For the Champions League,our best wasn't good enough as we lost 3-1 to Cruz Azul on the night which gave the Mexican side a 5-2 aggregate win,I am proud of the win but rather annoyed as one of the scorers for Cruz Azul was a player I signed!

Six games to be played in June and they are all in the league,we finish the league stage off with games against Atletico Ottawa,Valour FC,FC Edmonton,Forge FC,Pacific FC and York9 FC.My aim is simple and that is to finish at the top of the table,as long as we are at the top then there won't be any problems as that would qualification secured for the final.

Youth Intake Preview

c05c5805572a351f34df7566226ca847.png

Yikes,this isn't a good intake preview,we have another striker coming through and a number of fullbacks.Hopefully we can have one similar to last season in which we had a surprise player come through who wasn't mentioned in the preview.

June 2026

Fixtures

efeb70daffb170270b37bb610ca4ac81.png

League Table

f1bfedbaa0b4e018b25786fb93f319c2.png

Manager's Thoughts

Normality resumed in the Canadian Premier League as we dominated everyone who came against us during June,we finished 13 points ahead of HFX Wanderers as we qualified for the final of the Canadian Premier League.We even managed to do this without my first choice keeper,first choice DC and my first choice ST for most of the month as Canadad actually made it to the 2nd Round of the World Cup where they lost on penalties to Holland.

Seven games in July and we will be playing five times in the league and two in the Canadian Championship.In the league we will be facing Atletico Ottawa,Valour,Forge,HFX Wanderers and FC Edmonton,my aim is to get off to a winning start and finish the month off at the top of the table.In the Canadian Championship we face Valour in the quarter finals,this is a nice easy tier compared to what we could of got and at least we will make the semi-finals if we play to our best.

7 hours ago, Khrayze said:

Unlucky against Cruz Azul. Still a good effort to make it to the final!

We did well but I am starting think I built Cruz Azul to well when I was there,in the games against us Cruz Azul played seven players against us that I signed for them!

7 hours ago, abulezz said:

Dominating the league even without good Intakes!

The Spring season was domination,the fall season actually hasn't started off like that and is actually pretty close.

July 2026

Fixtures

9c2dd864cfdaf7fa736ce5b1011686b7.png

League Table

226bff2e4470ed3df206eb90ac1ed0a3.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well we went through July undefeated but it is actually the closet start we've had to Spring or Fall season for a while,two points separate the top three as we sit at the top due to goal difference.I wanted to finish the month at the top of the table and we did so although it isn't the way I wanted to do it.We put in an excellent performance against Valour in the Canadian Championship as we beat them 9-2 on aggregate to move onto the semi-final.We have also made a strong start to our CONCACAF League campaign as we beat Huracan 4-0 and did so away from home so we have a massive advantage going into the second leg.

August just has the three games at the moment,one in the CONCACAF League and two in the Canadian Championship,if we progress in the CONCACAF League then there will be more games.We start the month off with the second leg against Huracan I am fully expecting us to progress this position and will face Plaza Amador in the next round if we get through.In the Canadian Championship we will be facing Vancouver Whitecaps,they barely beat Atletico over two legs in the last round so I am actually feeling confident we can get some good results against them but I can't be overconfident as that would be our downfall.No league games to play as there never is in August!

17 hours ago, scarp said:

Fantastic run nevertheless. How many seasons til you beat Cruz Azul you reckon? Next season already?

Thanks!

I think next season will be too soon but I think we could win it in 2028 or 2029.Although we could win the Champions League without having to beat Cruz Azul if we're lucky :D 

August 2026

Fixtures

46c723f7daffffc7a83c9baa916d6212.png

Manager's Thoughts

The CONCACAF League was straight forward as we beat Huaracan 6-0 on the night to give us a 10-0 aggregate win over them,we then followed this up with a simple 5-0 aggregate win over Plaza Amador,we probably should of scored more as we were in control over both games and the opposition failed to threaten us.For the Canadian Championship,we have our Perruzza to thank for getting through as his four goal haul in the first leg helped us progress to the final,we lost the second leg but it was a deserved loss as Vancouver were the better team,luckily we edged the tie 7-5 on aggregate,

We play seven times in September,three in the league,two in the CONCACAF League and two in the Canadian Championship.In the league we will be playing against Pacific,HFX Wanderers and Valour,we need to be at the top of the table to keep any pressure off us although I would love to see some slip ups from Edmonton and Atletico Ottawa to help us out.We have a really tough tie in the CONCACAF League quarter finals,we will be facing Costa Rican side Alajuelense,they are the biggest side left in the competition so whoever wins the tie will probably go on to win the competition.In the Canadian Championship final we will be facing Montreal Impact,we have home advantage so we need to make that count or otherwise the second leg could be very difficult.

Youth Intake

11f1bc52e4816273a94b2fa85c839293.png 

Lorenzo Palazzi

Nikola Spasic

Manager's Thoughts

In the Screenshot are the best of the intake as there are another nine players below Mattia Mazzanti who I would describe as there to make up the numbers.Only took screenshots of the two best players as they are the most likely to make it as the 2* (possible 3*) are more likely to be backup/emergency backup players but due to registration issues,we can't have a huge squad as only 23 players can be registered for the CPL.

This intake is also a bit weird if you compare it to the preview,we got a good number of fullbacks like the preview said,one the highlight players being a DR which I am getting the suspicion my HoYD just waits outside the Edmonton ground to take their best youth players as that is 2 in 2 years now from our rivals.The preview also mentioned a striker as a standout player but the best ST didn't come anywhere near these players so that is a bit weird.To further this our best players from the intake are a DC and a AMC,neither of which were mentioned in a positive light in the preview.My hope is thsat Palazzi will be in the first team in 2-3 years time as he could be a massive pick for the DC role as that is a position I have struggle in filling.

September 2026

Fixtures

f723fc65f08ce1da225848808148300d.png

League Table

9b912beb935f74164297013452a04e9b.png

Manager's Thoughts

We won all three games in the league which meant we finished top of the table at the end of the month as Atletico Ottawa and Edmonton bottled things on their end as we now have the advantage of having played less than both teams and with the fact we are top,this has to make us favourites to win the Fall Season.In the CONCACAF League we beat Alajuelense 6-1 on aggregate in the quarter finals,I think now it's either ourselves or Herediano who are the strongest remaining team left in the competiton.The big news came in the Canadian Championship as we retained the title with a 4-1 aggregate victory over Montreal Impact.Despite the scoreline,we actually played better in the second leg than we did in the first leg!

October is a busy month with eight games to play,six are in the league and the other two are in the CONCACAF League.In the league we will be facing Atletico Ottawa,York9 (twice),Edmonton,Forge and Pacific.My aim is to win the Fall title from this spot and I feel like we have a team strong enough to do so.We're already in the CPL final so it's no big deal if by some weird happening that we didn't finish top!In the CONCACAF League we will be facing Municipal in the semi-final,it's a bit weird seeing them at this stage as we knocked them out in the Preliminary Round last season,I am looking to beat them again as I want to retain this title as well.

9065881449f1e91f3c8d1998111c01a1.png

I've heard of being unlucky but I don't think anyone can top Miguel Valongo.Out four months with a broken ankle,plays for two months then breaks his ankle again.

I really should paid attention to his report card!

5 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Too the Transfer List for Vanogo....I am having the same problem with Morgan Whittaker in my save....an "English Neymar" but always injured and I am about to shop him even though he is a team leader!

I fully agree with that and it's with a heavy heart I will be doing so,Valongo has managed to play just 49 times out of a possible 102 games so would of played less than half of the games.He is actually a really good player for this level but because of the foreign limitation and with the fact he is a doubt for next seasons Champions League opener,I feel he is just taking up space and I've seen someone better than him in regards to current ability and injury records!

October 2026

Fixtures

074e1c02c1476a46e0ebd0286da4a027.png

League Table

67c6f71c5956d5da4af3adb7336c85ff.png

Manager's Thoughts

We finished the league campaign off in style as we won five of the last six matches with the only points being dropped being against Atletico Ottawa as we finished seven points ahead at the top.We are playing Atletico Ottawa again in the CPL final,we edged the home leg 2-1 so there is still everything to play for in the second leg as it is too close to call.In the CONCACAF League we easily beat Municipal 9-1 on aggregate,in truth we should of hit double figures against them over the two games so it's off to the finals we go!

Just the three games in November,we kick the month off with the CPL Final second leg against Atletico Ottawa,this game isn't over by a long stretch so we will need to be at our best to ensure we win the title.The other two games come in the CONCACAF League final,we will be facing Honduran side Motagua,they are the second biggest team in Honduras so we will need to be careful but I think we will be too strong for them.Ideally want to win the match up due to their being prize money involved as that will help on the financial side of things.

On 16/11/2020 at 17:04, B.W.G said:

Not yet but if carries on improving like this then it will be sooner rather than later!

0226b196c08983337304b44e82fae9b4.png

Great Challenge you got going. 

Question - what is the best way to develop these youngsters to reach their PA

2 minutes ago, Polski97 said:

Great Challenge you got going. 

Question - what is the best way to develop these youngsters to reach their PA

Thanks!

It's really a mixture of things.You want the facilities as good as you can possibly get,game time also work wonders for developing players,ideal matches could include against lesser teams,cup games if you're not bothered by the cups and games with no meaning e.g end of season if your not in a relegation battle or challenging for a continental qualification spot.

The other thing you could look at (if possible) is mentoring groups as they do help develop the youngsters.

8 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

Thanks!

It's really a mixture of things.You want the facilities as good as you can possibly get,game time also work wonders for developing players,ideal matches could include against lesser teams,cup games if you're not bothered by the cups and games with no meaning e.g end of season if your not in a relegation battle or challenging for a continental qualification spot.

The other thing you could look at (if possible) is mentoring groups as they do help develop the youngsters.

I find the best way to develop youngsters is to play them. Of course, I have also noticed they don't improve as much if they struggle, and they really get better quick if they play well. So finding a balance, making sure they play in games you think are easy wins, etc. all play a part. Of course, likw B.W.G said, the facilities and everything to do with Youth is mandatory to be able to develop them to top talent. 

November 2026

Fixtures

a4bb3ef893a627d721514f4f8c7b13ba.png

Manager's Thoughts

The story of November was three games and two trophies.It was another tight match against Atletico Ottawa but Burger's late winner gave us some comfort as we won 2-1 on the night to give us a 4-2 aggregate win.The CONCACAF League saw us face Motagua,I actually found the match disappointing as we completely dominated the game and it made me wonder how they got to the final as they never threatened us as beat Motagua 8-0 on aggregate.

End of Season update to follow then onto 2027 we go and another shot at the CONCACAF Champions League.

1 minute ago, abulezz said:

Killing it in Canada!

Only the big continental teams stand between men and legendary status in North America.For now I'm happy to be killing it in Canada :D 

0fd7204d11ff3727467281c286cbd795.png

Cavalry FC - Canadian Premier League - End of Season - 2026

General - Vision - Finances

Transfers - Released - Youth

Quite a busy transfer window as we got rid of three players for a combined fee of £525k and another left to join another club on a free.On the incoming side,the first four players were bought in for the first team and would be among the starting XI the majority of the time.Bandera was bought in on a free transfer,I have marked him out as Perruzza's long term replacement as I doubt I will be able to keep my star striker much longer.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3 - Schedule 4

Competitions

Canadian Premier League - Winners

Spring Season - Fall Season

fc858895a00f7d205656101a920b54ef.png

Dominated the Spring season and topped the table in a tighter fall season.As for the final,the games against Atletico Ottawa were both tight matches but we edged both games which gave us a 4-2 aggregate victory as we clinched out third straight CPL title.

CONCACAF Champions League - Runners-Up

581d3a12fb563c21990f0b14c256820c.png

What a run we had to the final as we beat Saprissa (5-2 on agg),Deportivo Guadalajara (4-2 on aggregate) and Seattle Sounders (on away goals) to reach the final.They final saw us up against my old team in Cruz Azul,unfortunately they were too strong for us in both games but at least we scored and also kept it respectable.These defeats to the Mexican giants have also helped me spot the weaknesses in the team and they have been addressed!

CONCACAF League - Winners

c598ed8d299452d74f6eb8b505b8fc68.png

This competition saw us completely dominate the competition as we won every game.On the road to the final we beat Huracan (10-0 on aggregate),Plaza Amador (5-0 on aggregate),Alajuelense (6-1 on aggregate) and Municipal (9-1 on aggregate) to reach the final.The final was completely one side in both games as Motague never threatened us in either game as we ran out 8-0 aggregate winners.

Amway Canadian Championship - Winners

ed1517ebbad46d6e7877909222aa1ea1.png

We beat Valour FC 9-2 on aggregate in the quarter finals before we got past Vancouver Whitecaps 7-5 on aggregate which in my opinion was our toughest tie of the competition as we actually lost the second leg.The final was a strange one for us,we beat Montreal Impact 4-1 on aggregate but the thing which was strange is that we performed better away from home then we did at home!

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards

The Team

b32b8fd58a7c5cb69740f02e9e2e77c8.jpg

Jordan Perruzza

Martin Gadia

Wesley

Thomas Meilleur-Giguere

Johan Blanc

Manager's Thoughts

Things went as I expected them to on the domestic front as we won the CPL for a third time although Atletico Ottawa are always improving so this could be even closer next season than it was this season if they have a good pre-season in regards to transfers.We surprised even myself in regards to the Champions League as I thought we would crash out in the quarter finals but we managed to make it all the way to the final before we lost to Cruz Azul,they have now beaten me in the final as Atlanta Utd manager and Cavalry FC manager which is quite annoying.I will be making a few changes during the transfer window,we have a Canadian keeper coming in as first choice while we also have a new DC coming in to partner Gadia in defence.I will also be replacing Valongo who is too injury prone,these three transfers have already been agreed and will be joining in January,

For next season,I want us to carry on our domestic domination and things will be falling in our favour as our facilities are being upgraded again and we will have the best facilities in the CPL which is great for our future.I have asked the Chairman for upgrades to the Junior Coaching and Youth Recruiment but I have not heard anything back off him yet.The only other thing I need to look at is getting a DR in for squad depth,ideally I would prefer a DRC just for versatility reasons but we will see what happens with that.Competition wise I would like another good run in the Champions League to help the CPL grow as I haven't see the CPL improve since I've come here but we must be closing in on Honduras now!

Career Stats

a3b495147b7b822645a8a341309810c8.png

b4696eaf1a40129c397250356fdab4bd.png

Massive news for the CPL as it has moved up to fourth as it saw them takeover Honduras.It is now also rated at the same level (2.5*) as Costa Rica,another good performance in the Champions League could see it potentially take the 3rd spot!

Champions League 1st Round Draw

248aa8fd8d7ec89531e410fd0c618a74.png

It looks to be pretty straight forward for most teams,the biggest potential for upsets would be Herediano against Tigres UANL and Santos Laguna against Atlanta Utd but I doubt either will happen.As for ourselves,it should be a straight forward match up and I fully expect ourselves to be in the quarter finals at the end of it.

As for the overall competition draw,we have the really nasty side which contains Seattle Sounders and Cruz Azul!

0fd7204d11ff3727467281c286cbd795.png

Cavalry FC - Canadian Premier League - Pre-Season - 2027

General - Vision - Facilities

Season Preview - Expectations

Not a lot of transfer activity,I did release a lot of players but for some reason they did not show up but we did release twenty two players on a free.On the outgoing side Bandera has gone to Australia on loan and hopefully he will get first team action to develop as he could become a big player while I let Schweitzer go as he wanted a new challenge so I wasn't going to stand in his way.Four players joined the club,the first three will be in the first team while Sabag is one for the future.Banda is actually my first signing while using a trasfer fund and he will be the first choice AMR instead of the consistently injured Valongo.

Pre-Season Fixtures

eb6664780ac5a03d521ed0f4534dbdb8.png

Just as well pre-season doesn't matter in terms of results as we were terrible but we didn't play a full strength team in any of the friendlies so I am not bothered by the results.Luckily playing four friendlies as helped with match fitness,especially with the Champions League coming up soon.

The Team

94f3f57f7b62e1b1e25321f58e8a78f1.jpg

Trevor Banda

Alan Desmond

Wesley

Johan Blanc

Daouda Diallo

Manager's Thoughts

I've done everything I possibly could have done in the run up for the new season,I've identified the majority of the weakest areas and strengthened them as much as possible and I think we are in a much better position than last season.We have got upgrades to the facilities currently being done and they will reach the 3.5* level in May which will be great for us.To top this off our Junior Coaching is now at a Good level while Youth Recruitment is Excellent,by the end of this year we will be the best team in the CPL with regards to facilties and set up.The only real weak point I would say we have in the team are both full back positions but that will change with time as Fontes and Robinson (Youth Player who cam through in 2025!) should be more than good enough to fill thos positions,the other role is the AML role in which I couldn't find anyone in the off season so that will be priority search at the end of the season.

As for this season,we are heavy favourites for the CPL and the media dream XI shows this as it is full of our players and with odds of 1-167,if we fail to win the CPL then I will probably deserve to be sacked.For the Champions League,I would like another good run as we did well last season but I think we have a stronger team this season so I would like us to challenge a bit more but we have the nasty side of the draw which features Cruz Azul so hopefully a upset can happen and someone knocks them out!I am not really bothered by the Canadian Championship but I want us to reach the final of the CONCACAF League again to ensure we reach the Champions League for next season.I've bought the Cavalry and now it's time for battle.

February 2027

Champions League 1st Round

41c4853b9c3fd6258c67bac97f2a2735.png

There were no surprises anywhere in the competition although seeing Marathon actually win a game against New England is a surprise even if they did fall short in the ned.

The quarter final draw looks like this...

d93606729aa2107c4454f75220d67b14.png

I actually like this draw as we get rid of one of Seattle Sounders or Cruz Azul in this Round,I think we have a good chance to progress as New York City are not the strongest team here and are probably the second weakest MLS side here with New England Revolution being the weakest MLS side.

March 2027

Champions League Quarter Finals

cdb5c58571d73c93cd5e2566d7bb1d99.png

No surprises in the other three games so that was predictable.We got through against New York City although we should of won the first leg but two disallowed goals for us left the first leg at 1-1 before we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in the second leg to give us a 4-3 aggregate win.

The semi-final draw looks like this...

fc03c8150d57152db34b88b72676c557.png

Both of my old clubs are in the semi-final and I get the harder of the two.Think I would have preferred to face Seattle Sounders in the semi-final than Cruz Azul!

April 2027

Champions League Semi-Final

9cac24ce95e884d6dd273bad1a10fd62.png

Biggest win in Cavalry FC's history,we won the home leg 2-1 and we were leading 2-1 in the second leg till they equalised in injury time,to make this even sweeter is that we did this without jordan Perruzza who was injured for both games!We can see the other result and it pits us against my other old club...

402c9ee198fdd2d36debfe91fa178da7.png

Dear FM Gods,

**** You!

April 2027

Fixtures

0643721b46901545e5be99f7cbb53f96.png

League Table

6bd226ad8fa2a342ff3bb4b6a495a7c4.png

Manager's Thoughts

What a month all around for us that was.The highlight would of course be the performance in the Champions League as we knocked out Cruz Azul and beat Atlanta Utd in the first leg of the final which has left us on the verge of glory.We also kicked off our league campaign and we did so in spectacular style as we beat Edmonton 6-0 in the Al-Classico,I'm not paying attention to the table as HFX Wanderers played on the 30/4 whereas we play on the 1/5.The only worrying news concerns our AMC Wesley,Nashville came in with a bid of £600k which we rejected but I am worried about them coming back in as he does have a minimum release fee of £750k.

There are seven games to be played in May but all eyes are on the fixture on the 4//5/27 as that is the second leg of the final against Atlanta,we have a narrow lead going into the game so we will need to be at our absolute best if we are to come home with the trophy.The six league games in May are against Pacific,Atletico Ottawa,Forge,Valour,York9 and HFX Wanderers.My aim for the league is ever simple and that is to be top of the table come the end of the month.

Champions League Final 2nd Leg

Underdog survive onslaught!

e19c7dff622217fe04256469685d7452.png

Your probably wondering why I played a 4-2-4...we lost Wesley in the build up

335988724180a894390022821701e5e5.png

I have no idea how we survived that onslaught,my goalkeeper even got Man of the Match!

Champions of North America!!!

May 2027

The final games in North America!

Fixtures

23d1f0201efcd48bdf2bd008d856c9f7.png

League Table

0958a95a7a46bb678f29c47125ca5843.png

Manager's Thoughts

The big news of the month is that we beat Atlanta Utd 2-1 on the night to win the Champions League with a 4-2 aggregate win,I can also say that we didn't deserve to win but my keeper decided to play out of his skin!In the league we won all five games as we sit at the top of the table with a perfect record,I do have to give credit to HFX Wanderers as they have managed to keep up with us in regards to goal scoring so it will be interesting to see if they can carry on doing that.

What is next is the question.The reason why I called this the final hurrah in North America is that I have a job lined up on another continent!

483184346bdcbd8e2c36a754d64dd6cf.png

Cape Town City FC - DSTV Premier Ship - Club Takeover 2026/27

db2cf9bead54fed035cdcdc804d5070c.png

ad37484ba35203c8e7a2c937383eb348.png

The Team

25d95a50a9a315f2d15f6972a5de5263.jpg

6e8c2a2009242f041ab0cac4e099f0f0.png

Manager's Thoughts

This job immediately grabbed my attention as they have a lot of younger players with high potential.It is a rather weirdly built squad as it is very attack heavy so the defence and goalkeeper positions need a lot of work.To make this job even more interesting,we are currently below our rivals Cape Town Spurs so there is a city rivalry to play as well so I have even more reason to try and succeed in the future.

This challenge will be extremely difficult as Mamelodi Sundowns seem to have become a dominant side having won this season and the three before that.Cape Town City actually won the title in 22/23 so I need to rebuild things back to that level,I have already offered new contracts to the majority of players whose contracts are up at the end of the season.

The other reason I am looking forward to this challenge,there's no salary caps!

8 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I'm calling Australia ! For the Asian Cup.

Even if I am ruling the Lower Leagues of Eastern Europe....with the 4 Mouseketeers!

Right hemisphere for the country :D 

I was saving Asian Champions League for the third one to win as the Asian Champions League is bigger than the African Champions League!

May 2027

Fixtures

c947e46e6097ffc7767ea32aa5bbb192.png

League Table

44e7f71a1cfcf3d01a971972caf67cdb.png

Manager's Thoughts

I was only in charge for one game and we beat SuperSport United 4-0.The team was already familiar with the 4-2-3-1 so I used that and we played really well.As for the table,we started in 11th and we finished in 11th so no change despite the win.

We are already at the end of the season but I don't really see the point of an end of season update as I managed just one game in this season :lol:.

15 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Now THIS is a challenge. :applause:

I've only just started reading, (apologies). Will you be managing in a particular style all the way through your save or will you adapt it to whichever club you are managing? 

For my manager's profile I went with the motivating style.

On the pitch it will mainly be tiki-taka but I am more than willing need to change things up,I've even used route one which has seen some of my keepers pick up assists.It really depends on the players I have available or are available to sign as I don't think some of this will work in the weakest countries (Hong Kong,Malaysia etc) that I will be managing in so I will need to develop different tactic styles.

483184346bdcbd8e2c36a754d64dd6cf.png

Cape Town City - DSTV Premiership - Pre-Season - 2027/28

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Preview - Expectations

For future reference,I am going have to remember that transfers before the 15/7 are in the previous seasons transfers!In truth we released four players,loaned one player out and two already had pre-arranged transfers.For the transfers of "last season",I bought in six players for £620k and all these were for strengthening the defence and goalkeeper positions as they were the weakest area by far,the only remaining position I have to strenghten is the DL position but I have a free foreign slot just incase.This seasons transfer is a right winger,I've known about Linda for two years and tried to sign him for Cavlary but he was one of the ones I could never afford but I finally got him although it's at a different club!

Pre-Season Fixtures

2a188f3e9488b90313c22ec34c3815f2.png

Nothing too major for friendlies as the teams we face were lower teams as I just wanted to get match sharpness up for the new season as I want to be prepared for anything.These fixtures were played using a 4-2-3-1 so I will head into the new season using that to start off with,things could change as it is hard to judge things based off pre-season.

The Team

004d5cdfa288964cc86524f7f19a441f.jpg

ad20b00832aafaef4241b3a28b94f9e3.png

Linda Pieterse

Leonard Kusi

George Mathebula

Kim Young-Ki

Teboho Fothoane

Manager's Thoughts

Well I've done all that I can possibly do,we had a really good attacking force so all I needed to do was strengthen the defence and goalkeeper areas and we did so with very little problem.Despite what I thought was a successful pre-season,the media prediction has shown us with one member of the media dream XI which is the goalkeeper,the other ten players belong to Mamelodi Sundowns,to see how one team dominates this division makes me realise the position the AI managers were in back in Canada when dealing with my side,I must say I hate this feeling!The board want a top half finish which is definitely doable so I want us to challenge the teams at the top of the table.the board want us to reach the latter stages of the cups which again is achievable but they hard to judge as we don't know who we will be drawn against.

Everything at the club seems fine,we have a decent amount of staff,the facilities are in a good position and they could be improved in the future as the finances are in  very good position with there being £4.2 million in the bank.However the highlight of the club has to be the stadium,how in the hell did I miss the fact that we play in a 64,100 seater stadium!The size of the stadium alone could play a massive factor with regards to finances when we eventually reach the Champions League.As for now I am not expecting much as the average attendance was 8,634 which is quite terrible but the main fact is this is just the start for this project so we do have a lot of room to work with,the first thing on the to do list is close the gap between ourselves and  Mamelodi Sundowns in regards to our standings in South African football,funnily enough that goal starts off with a trip to face Mamelodi Sundowns!

August 2027

Fixtures

f6a0727fa37bf80d86dfccfe9cd96163.png

League Table

03f9d943184a87fd70b658a3755f4f11.png

Manager's Thoughts

First up I hate the person who scheduled these games,second of all I hate both of these teams I played despite beating them both.We got battered in the game against Mamelodi Sundowns but we came out 2-0 winners thanks to my goalkeeper Leonard Kusi who got a 9.0 rating!This victory came at a cost as we lost Kim Young-Ki (up to 5 weeks) and Teboho Fothoane (up to 3 weeks) thanks to injuries sustained in the game.We then lost Nduduzo Sibiya (up to 3 weeks) in the victory against Chippa Utd. Absolutely brilliant results achieved in August so I am over the moon with that.

September brings us three matches and all of them come in the league.We will be facing Cape Town Spurs,Stellenbosch and Maritzburg,I would like our fantastic start to continue but as long as we are in the top half then that will be satisfactory as that keeps the board happy.