[FM21]I Heard You’re A Player.Nice To Meet You,I’m The Manager.

B.W.G

Septembers 2023

Fixtures

5b603fe60a62ee17608f25008b7eb97f.png

League Table

856ea9ef08274c3a05ae03e367b32071.png

Manager's Thoughts

Four games and four wins saw our ever impressive run continue but at the end of the day it doesn't really mean anything as the league is just the set up for the playoffs.The game against Cincinnati saw a fast paced first half which we went in with a 4-2 lead but the second half was nowhere the same pace as the game finished 4-3.our defence has been a bit leaky but thankfully Carlos has continued his hot streak as he scored in every game of the month.

Just two league games left to play and we will be facing Colorado Rapids and Toronto FC,I would like to finish the league stage on a high but it isn't important as the playoffs.The playoffs are also in October and we should do well in them as we are the strongest team in them if we are going off league form but anything can happen as they are one off games so we need to be at our best.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst managing Liverpool in the 2nd season, I came accross this Gem. At Atalanta. Pretty sure he was there from 1st season due to the youth intake. If he is a Newgen, it would be wise if you check your club for someone similar to this person. No doubt with a different name but similar attributes.

I can see that he will turn out to be an absolute superstar. He's already my main backup at MC spot in the First Team at 15!

Untitled.jpg

5 hours ago, Football Manager Australia said:

Whilst managing Liverpool in the 2nd season, I came accross this Gem. At Atalanta. Pretty sure he was there from 1st season due to the youth intake. If he is a Newgen, it would be wise if you check your club for someone similar to this person. No doubt with a different name but similar attributes.

I can see that he will turn out to be an absolute superstar. He's already my main backup at MC spot in the First Team at 15!

Untitled.jpg

That has to be one of the best 15 year olds I have seen on FM.Unfortunately I've not been that lucky with a 15 year old in that sort of role (I have found a similar 17 year old American but isn't as good!) although I am really happy with how the Robles has developed since he came through when I was at Cruz Azul.

Youth Intake 2023

882648344d11724414301dc899222a96.png

Mason White

Anthony Durkin

Ibrahim Khalil Tahini

Joe Wheeler

Manager's Thoughts

Well this intake has actually blown me away,I wasn't expecting anything or having this many players considering the preview was two lines!In the screenshot above,there is actually six more players but they don't have the potential to make it here,the above are the best and are more likely to make it here.Mason White is one who could go far if he reaches his potential so there is a chance to get excited with the players coming through.

4 minutes ago, SRL88 said:

Easy work in the conference so far. Bring on the play-offs. 

I was expecting bit more of a challenge :lol: 

I think the only problem I am going to have is a lack of match sharpness as there is about eighteen days between my last game and our playoff match while the other teams have a quarter final to play about five days before.

October 2023

Fixtures

c65e33b5a583b9b692019c06fd16eddf.png

League Table

5bafcace780613beb5175466645ad92b.png

Manager's Thoughts

We finished the league stage off with closely fought wins against Colorado Rapids and Toronto FC as we finished twenty eight points ahead of our nearest rivals in the Supporters Shield which just so happens to be Montreal Impact.We then entered the playoffs at the semi-final stage where we faced Inter Miami,I was expecting a closer match then what we actually happened but Carlos is a wonderkid and he showed more of his goal scoring ways as he netted another three goals which takes his tally to 24 for the season (36 appearances).

November is going to work one of two ways,we will either play once or twice.The guaranteed game is against New York Red Bulls in the Eastern Conference playoff final,we should be able to beat them if we are at our best but it's a one legged affair so anything can happen in those types of games.The winners of that match will face Real Salt Lake or FC Dallas in the MLS Cup,those two teams actually came 5th and 6th respectively in the Wester Conference so it is a minor surprise that none of the top four made in to the Western Conference playoff final.May the best team win!

November 2023
ebfd552d48c51d1e666e00ca4fff7493.png

Manager's Thoughts

What would I do without Carlos,he saved our asses against New York Red Bulls after equalizing in injury time before securing the win late on.He also played a major part in the MLS Cup as he scored twice in a straight forward win against FC Dallas.Carlos has done that well,he is attracting attention from eight teams in China and is attracting interest from Porto!

End of Season update to follow then onto the next season.

61ae95107cc801fab4a97261f00bfb0b.png

Atlanta Utd - MLS - End of Season - 2023

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Transfers - Released - Youth - Waived

Three players were waived with Jung being a complete cock up by me as I didn't register him,not really bothered by the other two players.One player was released as he wasn't good enough for the team.Two players left on free to join other clubs with Barco being the big player to leave but he was easily replaceable.Igonoring the four draft players,we bought in five players who would all be in the first team with Robles,Rivas and Carlos playing major roles as I start to change things in the first team.Cervantes was bought in as a new number two in the goalkeeper role while Jung was a decent price but I completely cocked things up as we know.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

MLS - Winners

League Table - Supporters Shield

1061b4e24ed8a0dfce13a5a3123b2f8c.png

We made easy work of the league stage as we topped both the Eastern Conference and Supporters shield with a massive gap between ourselves and Montreal Impact.In the playoffs we easily beat Inter Miami 5-0 in the semi-finals before struggling past New York Red Bulls in the final as we beat them 4-2 thanks to Jose Carlos hat-trick which was completed in extra time.The final itself was a easy match against FC Dallas and other than there first half goal,they didn't really threaten us.

CONCACAF Champions League - Winners

a4bccc5716c49a2fd87a059923dd53ba.png

We beat Alajuelense (6-1 on aggregate),Toronto FC (8-1 on aggregate) and CF Monterrey (6-2 on aggregate) to reach the final.The final saw us beat Pumas de la UNAM quite convincingly in the first leg as we won 5-2 but the second leg was a very tight affair in which we were pegged back both times after taking the lead but in the end we ran out 7-4 aggregate winners.

Lamar Hunt U.S Open Cup - 4th Round

60b75c9647b20404a01167c6e3f76b06.png

That happened so let's move on.

Campeones Cup - Winners

e8423b5fce7e2d0fa52c0de4e31f1ddc.png

I was up against my old club Cruz Azul in this competition and it was a very tight affair between the two teams but Carlos played the role of difference maker as we edged past them.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards

The Team

f9e600d4e8e0b3477b9dea1c734161a4.png

d20d1d2fa708d0148b9526dddaee6f26.png

Jose Carlos

Josef Martinez

Emerson Hyndman

Miles Robinson

Tudor Băluță

Manager's Thoughts

Other than the US Open Cup disaster,everything else went as well as it could be as we walked out of this season with a quadruple which means USA is officially done.Our success this season also help the board give in to my requests for upgrades to Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment so that should help Atlanta out a bit in the future.With the signings we made,I can say that the team is slowly getting to where I want it to but I still need some big signings in the GK role (Guzan at 39 could decide to retire at any time!) and AMR (lack quality),I will also need to have another look at the left back role (need a decent back up player for Bello) and MC (lack quality in both roles).Things still need to be sorted but we are in a much better position than this time last year.For next year,I am not sure on what is happening other than a salary cap increase but I will show that in a different post.

With USA now finished,we have reached the end game of North America and that is winning the Champions League with a Candian team.I would prefer to do this with a team from the Canadian Premier League but there hasn't been any sackings yet so I will carry on with Atlanta for now but if one does come up then I will have to resign to get it as the Canadian clubs won't be able to afford the compensation fee.

Career History

6758b7066b366dadbd27c07d9b1b2d7a.png

The MLS....the land of confustion

So I am extremely confused of what is going on now.Below are the rules regarding Transfer Window and Squad Registration for this season,

b109707c0eb113f39ec8ab6bacb75899.png

This looks normal to me as this is what I have dealt with in the time I have been with Atlanta.The confusion starts with next seasons rules for Transfer Window and Squad Registration.

66efbd969929d63bb7cb8bb84149452b.png

fd80848f3689d5394c0bf4eba3e7bace.png

The Salary Cap has increased but that isn't surprising as that happened this season.The surprising thing is the omission of the international spots,Designated players (both normal and young),off budget players,reserve players (both types).

Does this mean I am not free to do whatever I want with regards to transfers as long as it is within the salary cap or will the rest of it get added later on?This confusion is annoying me as it affects how I will do may transfer window!

10 hours ago, B.W.G said:

That has to be one of the best 15 year olds I have seen on FM.Unfortunately I've not been that lucky with a 15 year old in that sort of role (I have found a similar 17 year old American but isn't as good!) although I am really happy with how the Robles has developed since he came through when I was at Cruz Azul.

Unfortunately GEORGINIO WIJNALDUM wanted to leave as I was not playing him much (only in easy matches) so I had to find a replacement with atleast around the same Potential Ability as him. And up popped Franco Osti. Bought him right away and he slotted right in to the bench, Sub #3 (Midfield Sub)

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I have no idea haven't made it to MLS yet in FM21.  I keep applying for the Revolution Job though.....they are now the worst team in the league!

I think it's just a bug.When the start of 2024 season has come around,all the different types of contracts and slots are back under the rules and registration.

Hey look, its the MLS Off-Season, including the 78 drafts they have :D 

Great season dude, and congrats on the MLS and Champions League win. 

Edited by SRL88

14 minutes ago, SRL88 said:

Hey look, its the MLS Off-Season, including the 78 drafts they have :D 

Great season dude, and congrats on the MLS and Champions League win. 

Thanks!

With the drafts,I've actually learned I can trade my picks for a player,only took a year to figure that out with a bit of help :D 

61ae95107cc801fab4a97261f00bfb0b.png

Atlanta United - MLS - Pre-Season 2024

General - VisionFacilities - Finances

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released - Youth - Waived

Only one player left the club and that was Sanchez who left to join Mallorca on a free,I'm a bit gutted with that as he was a good player but he wanted a designated contract and I didn't have room for that.The incomings will look a bit weird as it is mainly foreigners but I am doing that for the Champions League as that competition does not have foreign limits on it while the US Open Cup has a limit of 5 foreign players so they can even get game time in that compeition.We spent £3.9 million on five players but if an international spot does free up then someone can be registered instead,the two draft players have decent potential and were previously scouted while the two free transfers at the bottom were to help add depth to the DL position.

Pre-Season Fixtures

ecb20196a0f36d35842c02ab2bf8ee82.png

It was a decent pre-season and the players have a good amount of match sharpness going into the new season so I am happy with that.The other thing to be happy about is that I didn't lose to Atlanta 2 this time around.

The Team

cb2e3c99645df8e66f7aae1cd28a2925.png

7f60a55c3073642d64eacfc66715101f.png

Jose Carlos

George Bello

Javier Robles

Josef Martinez

Manager's Thoughts

This could be my last spell at Atlanta Utd as I am expecting to leave this year at some point but I have set them out ready for the future.With Sanchez leaving during the Summer,that freed up an international spot which has gone to Jo Min-Seok who I have marked as Brad Guzan's successor and only twenty years younger as well.I am half expecting Carlos to leave at some point this year as Porto and Dortmund are the big two teams interested in him so that could free up another international spot which would go to either Diallo or Martinez,We're heavy favourites to win the MLS again this year so we need to show everyone that we could make it a three-peat,I also want a better performance in the US Open Cup after last seasons disaster!

My contract is up at the end of this year so I will most likely be leaving this year but I am not 100% sure on when during 2024 it will actually be as this depends on what happens in the Canadian Premier League and whether anyone gets the sack but I am hopeful some one will get their marching orders so we can enter end game in North America.For now though,let's enjoy this ride!

3 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

You can also buy players from other MLS clubs with allocation funds, which is basically free virtual money. :D

My allocations funds went on reducing the wages to keep it under the salary cap :lol: 

Edited by B.W.G

February 2024

Fixtures

cfd30c03b8344fb5457861673d24a04d.png

Manager's Thoughts

For the competitive fixtures,I am over the moon with our performance as we beat the Costa Rican side 12-2 on aggregate.The only major issue I had from these two matches was Carlos going off injured early on in the second leg,he will be at out up to four weeks which means a spell on the disable list awaits him.Now time to address the odd one out,we lost 5-0 to our rivals Orlando City in a friendly.....I don't take charge of friendlies as I leave it to him to manage the friendlies,I think I may have to sack him after that one.

March is a month of absolute hell for us as we play ten times,eight are in the league while two are in the Champions League.In the league we will be facing Columbus Crew,Chicago Fire,New York Red Bulls,FC Dallas,Houston Dynamos,Orlando City and New England Revolution,I hope to get off to a good start and will be at least around the top teams in regards to the Supporter's Shield.In the Champions League we will be facing Eastern Conference rivals Toronto FC,this will be a tricky tie as they are a good team so we will need to be at our best to get past them.10 games in 28 days,what a rough start to the season!

March 2024

Fixtures

112db093fe05b343e9a262e1dfbf99d9.png

League Table

00ed4d2b0bcce1767ac53f76b13f8cd4.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well the month from hell is over and we didn't do too badly,we picked up six wins from eight which has left us top of the Eastern Conference.The loss to New York Red Bulls actually hurt more than the loss to New England Revolution as we bottled the lead in the last ten minutes of the game against NYRB while we were just not at the races against New England.The Champions League turned out to be a game we just edged as we beat Toronto 2-1 on aggregate,thankfully a masterclass in the first leg ensured our disaster of a second leg didn't make things worse.

At least April should be a quieter month.....on second thoughts,here's a second month of hell as we play ten more times.Eight in the league and two in the Champions League.The Champions League sees us face Philadelphia Union so that normally would be a very tough game but they haven't exactly had the best of starts in the league so I think we can win the semi-final.The highlight of the league games is a chance of redemption for us as we are playing New York Red Bulls and I want us to get revenge on them for the defeat we suffered in March!

April 2024

Fixtures

62f0b35e7e1484e6f01da6a79d80f9f7.png

League Table

0d3538d6c9a2c6a25816e5589fa7e92b.png

Manager's Thoughts

We won six out of seven league games as we carried on in first place,I should be happy with the way we played but I am actually really annoyed with the Cincinnati match as we conceded three goals in the last ten minutes as we threw away three points.The Champjons League gave us a thrilling 180 minutes against Philadelphia Union as we ran out 9-6 aggregate winners while we beat my old side Cruz Azul 3-0 in the first leg of the final.The biggest worry from this month as been the defence,at times they have switched off repeatedly although it's easy to spot which matches that happened in,it didn't cost us in one game but it did the other.

May is a quieter month as we only play eight times,seven in the league and one in the Champions League.In the league we will be facing DC United,Inter Miami,New York City,Colorado Rapids,Sporting Kansas City,Chicago Fire and Toronto FC,we are doing well but I would like to start opening up a gap in both the Eastern Conference and Supporters Shield as it is really close in both.The Champions League sees us play the second leg of the final,we currently have a 3-0 advantage but that still means we need a professional performance as 3-0 means nothing when you have seen your team conceded five twice in a month,

No jobs are available in the Canadian Premier League just yet as the season as only just started but five of the eight possible jobs have their manager listed as stable!

4 minutes ago, SRL88 said:

Great start to the season.

What a match against Philly :eek:

Thanks!

Conceding five goals is becoming a thing as we conceded five against Cruz Azul and lost the final 5-3 on aggregate.Tactic board here I come :seagull:

Edited by B.W.G

May 2024

Fixtures

95c5465dfb17cfa5c0fec9e14ade353e.png

League Table

60301d5a003a98048331d430b82c980b.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well let's just get it out of the way now,the second leg against Cruz Azul was just an absolute **** show from start to finish as well all as being the same all over the pitch,losing 5-0 is my heaviest defeat of the save and it means we lost the Champions League final 5-3 on aggregate.As for our domestic form,we picked up nineteen points from twenty one which is a fantastic return although I did change my tactic before the New York City game,it may seem the football isn't too great but it's working at keeping things tight and that is the best I can hope for.

Just the six games in June,five in the league and one in the U.S Open Cup.In the league we are facing Cincinnati,DC United,Philadelphia Union,New York City and Inter Miami,if we can keep our domestic form up then that will be brilliant as we now have a very nice lead at the top.In the US Open Cup we are facing New York City,I want us to win this game so I can say that I did better than last seasons abysmal performance in the competition.

Edited by B.W.G

0fd7204d11ff3727467281c286cbd795.png

Cavalry FC - Canadian Premier League - Club Takeover - 2024

5107883015ae29fec7cb19e68ea9f584.png

Background Information

c5d28ab8eaf192576285cdc1832a0efa.png

The Team

201f3162562900599d174bd6ba6d1aaf.png

Takeover Position

9e5d61c2062b1aa62c685eacb1e9d297.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well I think they sacked their previous manager due to winning four of their last fourteen games in all competitions but it is weird to see a team sack their manager in third despite there still being quite a bit of season to play.The squad looks to be pretty good so I think we can turn this around with little problem,the club's facilities are among the best in this league so that will be helpful in the long run when it comes to youth development,I think for formations,the best option would be to go with a 4-3-3 (1DM - 2 MC's) while for future transfers,the only area of real concern is the goalkeeper as we don't have much depth in it.

This will probably be a build a country type career as I will have to try and get the Candian Premier League up in the competition rankings,it actually started in 6th place and is currently 5th place (overtook the Mexican Expansion) so there are Mexico,USA,Costa Rica and Honduras ahead of Canada so I will be here for quite a while as I will win the Champions League on a budget less than £12k p.w!

1 hour ago, SRL88 said:

Leaving Atlanta in a very nice position. Shame on the Champions League, but good luck in Canada :thup:

Thanks!

It was just one of those games,think I'll need all the luck I can get in Canada!

League Changes

ab59d37623a68445084dbad7f82db65e.png

With United States now finished,they will be removed from the game.Indonesia will be the league to come in as they have actually overtaken India in the save so that is a minor change,at least India are still ahead of Hong Kong,Singpore and Malyasia!

July 2024

Fixtures

6cdc1ba73c720071f53443865bcf4454.png

League Table

89e4f273ed1a43fed1bb05ab67cb68bd.png

Manager's Thoughts

It's been a solid start as we won every game but the performances on the pitch haven't been fantastic but that can be put down to the payers learning the system so it could take a while for them to do so.The first game against Atletico Ottawa didn't mean anything as that was the last game of the Spring Season.The Fall season has started brilliantly with five wins from five and we have a five point gap over Forge who we played in the last game of the month.There's been some minor changes to the team with regarding transfers and we even made a six figure sum on a player and got his replacement on a free!

We have August off so there won't be any games till September which is when we will play five times.In September we will be facing Pacific FC,Atletico Ottawa,HFX Wanderers FC,FC Edmonton and York9 FC,as long as we're top then I won't care as the winners of the Fall Season face the winners of the Spring Season,the winners of that tie then go into a different continental competition!

3 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Canada will be tough! I am guessing the standard is way worse than MLS?

That's setting the bar a bit high,it's worse than Costa Rica and Honduras at this moment in time :D 

Youth Intake 2024

1fd82b1b3d5853e416cd6393b746008f.png

d9f82c1270011f19df81bdc04fe2139a.png

Manager's Thoughts

If we just ignore the star ratings for one moment,this isn't actually a bad intake if you compare the players to what we already have at the club.It's just that Miles Turner could be that far ahead in terms of potential that he is making the rest of them look bad.I think if Miles can develop at a consistent rate then he could be in the first team by 18 or 19.

September 2024

Fixtures

deeb9f081e80fd8a6c4ae4fd717beab4.png

League Table

4d59781f7c774edd1a6c0c00939055f9.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was a bit of a mixed month as we picked up ten points from fifteen but I am overall happy with how the month went.For the games we dropped points in,we played with ten men for 88 minutes against Atletico Ottawa while the HFX Wanderers FC was just a bad day at the office but it isn't my heaviest defeat this year!We have a nice seven point gap at the top and with four games left to play,the fate of the title is firmly in our hands!

We play for times in October and will be finishing the league stage off with games against Forge FC,Pacific FC,Atletico Ottawa and Valour FC.From these four gsames,we only need two wins to guaranteed us the Fall Season title and we are playing the bottom two teams in the league during the month,surely we can't screw this up from here!

Edited by B.W.G

October/November 2024

Fixtures

22a4edbc093253aba09d9c69ac506bdd.png

League Table

ec6d2837ccadc0b117e75068f5dfd0a6.png

Manager's Thoughts

We only needed two wins to qualify for the finals and we won all four matches as we did it in style as we were comfortable in the matches and we could have won by a bigger margin in the games against Atletico Ottawa and Valour FC.In the overall final we were against our rivals FC Edmonton,we were by far the better team as we beat them 9-2 on aggregate as we won the Candian Premier League.This win also means we will be playing CONCACAF League next year (I think the winner of that goes onto the Champions League!)

End of Season update to follow then onto 2025 we go!

Edited by B.W.G

0fd7204d11ff3727467281c286cbd795.png

Cavalry FC - Canadian Premier League - End of Season - 2024

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Transfers - Released - Youth

I was only responsible for three transfers out of all this activity and that was bringing in Burger and Murray on free transfers and selling Pepple to Atletico Ottawa for a club record fee of £300k (possibly rising to £350k),I am more then happy with how I did in the transfer window.

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Competitions

Canadian Premier League - Winners

Spring Season Table - Fall Season Table

8ac37ec1a4cdfbb2049b26e7d0835a24.png

I can't possibly comment on the Spring Season as I was only in charge for one game but the club finished second so it seems harsh the manager was sacked.The Fall season so us completely dominate as we dropped five points in this section of the league as we walked it with a fifteen point margin over the nearest team.We faced our rivals FC Edmonton in the final and we dominated both legs as we ran out 9-2 aggregate winners.Continental football here we come.

Amway Canadian Championships - Qualifying Round

755b4013f246087dc02a34124d4adc11.png

I wasn't in charge of the team for this but I think I could have done a better job than this result.Atletico Ottawa would go on to lose to Vancouver Whitecaps in the semi-finals.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards

The Team

1ed56409d4e8c20c4fe9589579e5a55f.png

Mohamed Burger

Brad Flores

Thomas Meilleur-Giguere

Daniel Johnson

Jordan Perruzza

Manager's Thoughts

I generally think I can be considered fortunate for landing this job as I feel the previous manager was harshly sacked,I only played once in the first half of the season and moved the club up to second with a winlWe walked the second half of the season and the tactic I was playing was 4-4-2 and it worked wonders for us.I only made two signings and sold one players and it seemed to work for us especially considering Burger was top scorer four us for the entire season and he made fourteen appearances.With this said and done we will be in the CONCACAF League which is basically a qualifying tournament for the CONCACAF Champions League with money being given to the winners so that is an incentive for me,That tournament usually starts around the start of August so we do have quite a wait for it.

With the pre-season being a very long one,I have plenty of time to get players in,ideally I want a new GK,DC,MC,AML/AMR and a ST for the new season,the AML/AMR can be either one as one of my wingers is off to Australia but the other can play either wing,I need a better GK as first choice keeper while the other three positions are there as I need more depth.An interesting thing could happen though as my DL could claim Canadian citizenship in just over a month and that could give me a international spot I can use so that could possibly be used for the ST role as there isn't really any stand out domestic strikers.Roll on 2025!

Career So Far

f85d80c552f14a53727a3365c7558063.png

3 minutes ago, scarp said:

What tactic do you currently use? Fantastic progress, looking forward to how tough it will be to win continental cup from Canada!

The CONCACAF League isn't as difficult to win as the big teams are from Honduras and Costa Rica but a team from Guatemala did win the competition and there has been runners up from El Salavador and Canada (HFX Wanderers).

In my short time in Canada,I have been using this and it is nothing fancy as it's just a 4-4-2 tiki taka.

9df5bae3acb67cb3a9a1d60179da322e.png

4 minutes ago, scarp said:

Oh, I thought you would have to beat Mexico & MLS teams. Nevermind then :D

That competition is also used to qualify for the Champions League where I would face those pesky Mexican and MLS teams,although it is possible as HFX Wanderers actually knocked out Puebla in the Champions League so I am hopeful :lol: