The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

11 minutes ago, Crispypaul said:

I think I will call it a day on my FM22 attempt now - I've had to holiday another season and still can't get a decent job in La Liga or Serie A plus I still need to win the World Cup, Cup of Nations, Gold Cup, Club World Cup (which I have just missed) plus another random league and cup.  And FM23 is calling out to me!

I might come back later on FM23, will see.

Shame to see an end to your challenge but it’s been great keeping tabs of how you’re getting on. You should definitely return on 23. Look forward to reading all about it at some point soon 👍

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hace 12 horas, vikeologist dijo:

To mark the launch of the full game, I'm going to give some unsolicited advice to those thinking of undertaking the challenge for the first time.

First, you need to add the Asian internationals as per the opening post. I think you might not be able to complete the challenge without doing that.

Secondly, South Africa is the obvious nation to start off in. I think there's 4 of us actively doing the challenge on FM23 atm, and we all started in South Africa, but there is a bug where you can't register players for the continental competitions if they've played continental football for another team since the start of the save. The way around it is to be careful who you sign, and maybe don't sell all your useful existing players who you will be able to register.

Although most people start in S Africa or China, an option is to start in a much lower league in Europe or even S America, and try to work your way up quickly winning the most prestigious competitions first.

The challenge takes a long time, but you can still enjoy it even if you don't complete it. If you do want to complete it though, it might take you a long time. I think it's taken me more than a year both times I have.

Don't start in a tiny Asian nation. Sure, you might win a domestic league and cup, but you might find it even harder to get your next job than at the start of the challenge.

Don't dive straight into an international job at the start of the save if you stand no chance of winning anything with them. Having an international job makes it harder to get a club job.

Lastly, most of the above might not be true of FM23. Who knows? Pretty sure the Asian internationals thing is though.

Unsolicited, but much apreciated from someone who is about to...

START

1a8d15f0309efddccecece85b6efa8ca.png

Have been looking for jobs in China and South Korean 2nd division, so finally got my first job:

74d79092f1f99ccdaf456355c686686c.png

They have also a quite fun requirement:

8ec7cb625fac76b74f7e073e03589b39.png

Our objective is to avoid relegation from chinese 2nd division. We are at the moment +3 points with 23/34 games played. Just have to see how gegenpress translates to chinese and then I'm ready to go!

617251000_KaizerChiefsCrest.png.deac81286b59954a69f638cddc0252a7.png

Kaizer Chiefs FC: 2027/28 Review

A third season at the helm here would be focused on the African Champions a league as I looked to win the one competition needed here before moving on to pastures new. On top of that any silverware would be greatly appreciated, especially having managed to be so competitive across all fronts last season.

We would spend a little over £1,000,000 in the pre-season period as I looked to build a side that would remain competitive. The biggest arrival was that of striker Shungu Dutiro who arrived for £200,000 from TS Galaxy after bagging himself 22 topflight goals last season. Another exciting arrival was that of young goalie Jody Modise who was snapped up for a similar fee from title rivals Cape Town City. Two centre halves were also signed from our topflight as I tried to add a couple of players purely to get around the Champions League registration issues I’ve found so far.

Our early season form followed a similar pattern to last season as we made the Super-8 Final once more, before a stoppage time goal would see Amazulu once again defeat us to lift the trophy. We followed that up though by marching our way to the final of the SA Knockout Cup too, this time winning our final appearance to lift it for the second time in a row.

688002677_KOCupwin.png.99b18b43e1a934eb873767211d6659fa.png

1728216564_TitleWin.png.2c3eeb0e181114e0036987de8be0351c.png

We managed to clinch a second straight title with absolute ease as we enjoyed a tremendous campaign. We suffered just the one defeat and managed to win games late on in the season despite resting many players for Champions League matches. Young striker Thulani Dube was probably my player of the season despite only being recalled from a loan in the First Division during the winter break. The 19-year old returned and bagged 8 league goals in just 13 appearances to earn himself a regular starting line-up spot.

381161070_CLLoss.png.7743a97c8ec02c6ae609c8499d55ed47.png

My squad would surprise me this season in making it all the way through to the final before narrowly missing out on lifting the trophy. We actually cruised our way to the final despite of all the registration issues that are still plaguing me. The final itself is a game we should have won, but I’m confident we can come back and have another go next season. It’s fair to say I really want this trophy badly.

I’m about to enter the final season of my contract here and it will be the last for me before heading off for a new challenge elsewhere. Domestically my squad is sensational but cracking the Champions League is a much tougher challenge. I’ve had to try and build two sets of starting line ups as a majority of my domestic competition side cannot be registered to play in the Champions League. Finding players capable of winning that competition who haven’t featured in African continental football before is proving real tough and I have to pluck them from a very thin pool of talent. That being said I have already confirmed a couple for next season as I look to win the Champions League before departing for a new continent.

Season	 Team				League			Position			Notes & Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23	 Polokwane City		S.Africa Div1		  8th
2023/24	 Polokwane City		S.Africa Div1		  1st (C)			SA First Division Winners
2024/25	Mamelodi Sundowns	S.Africa Premier		    -
2025/26	Kaizer Chiefs		S.Africa Premier	  2nd			SA Cup Winners
2026/27	Kaizer Chiefs		S.Africa Premier	  1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners
2027/28	Kaizer Chiefs		S.Africa Premier	  1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners

1/10 Domestic Leagues (2026/27 SA Premier League)
1/10 Domestic Cups (2025/26 SA Cup)

0/5 Club Continental Championships
0/1 Club World Championship

0/5 International Continental Tournaments
0/1 World Tournaments

I believe that the registration thing is being looked at. Be patient. 

On another topic, I still haven't fully gotten over my Oceania Cup experience. A lot of the 'bugs' that people report are to do with the match engine, and as we start at the lower end of the skill spectrum, that can result in some frustrations. I've mentioned that my goalie is somewhat eccentric, and oh boy, would I replace him if it wasn't for this registration thing. Not sure it's a ME bug. One could take the view that a goalie who sometimes does unbelievably stupid things is actually a feature, though regrettably for me, not so much.

But the Oceania / Fiji team / matches. Oh my God! the match engine is interesting at that level. We might have to wait for women's football, but I think they have the match engine for U11 children's football matches right there.

let's post my

START

image.jpeg.1041b9dfee65a43809e61e51c773d9a5.jpeg

I started my journey March 2022, aiming for a Korean or Mexican 2nd divison club, and avoiding Africa. Boy it was HARD, i was rejected more times than in the nightclub. After a few months, I landed a job at the Japanese NT

w282_h212_63216333-64d4-4bf7-924d-799dd3093d95.png.49aada0ffe3a3a8828a4c5a2128c6a9c.png

I tried to boost my reputation by winning with Japan, since I couldn't land a job. Went all in in EVERY GAME, even the East Asia Cup, where everybody went with reserves, i was with full power to win a minor title and increase rep. I won almost every game since the opposition in Asia is very bad, Japan steamrolled. Even with these wins, i wasn't landing a job. After two and a half years, I FINALLY was called to manage a very poor and small Mexican team.

image.jpeg.6c562b9b6d88a9b7e838afa92402e958.jpeg

Alteños Tepa, where i had only 2 games at the Apertura before the mid-season break, where i reformulated the WHOLE team. I had to let everyone go since i didn't have any money to new signings. The supporters were pissed. After the transfer window (that was very hard, since the rules of Mexican Expansion League are brutal), i am ready to my first season as a club manager! I'm going with 442 diamond with gegenpress mentality.

image.png.283d66fee4baa586f6694d0a0be8dc29.png

LET'S GO!

sundowns-logo-statement.jpg.c5e30dafdcc90a032c2281f5cfd7b011.jpg1890408995_ESC_IVORYCOASTNATIONALFOOTBALLTEAM.png.d82bf777cb43ec2891392b1a241c9b1e.png

Mamelodi Sundowns / Ivory Coast - 2025/26 Update

Ivory Coast not South Africa you ask? Well, 'Les Elephants' ranked 44th in the world offered me the job and considering they are 13 ranks higher than that of the South Africans I accepted the offer.

1919803733_Screenshot2022-11-06at21_31_26.thumb.png.3b79b15f6817fd4974a2bce35500f4af.png

Back on the club front and it was a case of so near but yet so far in the South African FA Cup. A tough quarter-final against the holders Orlando Pirates required extra time before a 108th minute goal saw us progress with a 1-0 victory. With the holders out of the way we were 2 good performances away from checking off another trophy for the challenge. A 92nd minute injury time winner in the semi-final didn't quite fit the description of a good performance but we reached the final... Kaizer Chiefs await.

600185454_Screenshot2022-11-11at21_28_01.thumb.png.4f4dba787cd84ef40d84497747ce4ea6.png

A nip-and-tuck affair but we struggled to take advantage of our 12 shots and we had to settle for runners-up this time around.

Putting the disappointment behind us it was back to focusing on ensuring we retained the title with 2 games remaining and the now FA Cup holders Kaizer Chiefs gunning for us. The schedule was kind to us and saw us playing Venda FA and Golden Arrows who were both flirting with relegation. As expected, we took 6 points from the final 2 games and the league was retained.

968999788_Screenshot2022-11-11at21_47_10.thumb.png.9ff3d2762ad465caacb6b918b1b62735.png

The close of the domestic season saw World Cup 2026 arrive. Pitted against South Korea (26th) and Belgium (3rd) we were up against it in the group stage and unfortunately no upsets were caused. Surprisingly Norway went the distance and lifted the trophy.

437727872_Screenshot2022-11-11at22_24_20.thumb.png.e75d561524b5bbb1355ed9a31ab8b43b.png

Goals for next year are to perform better in the Champions League, a first round exit this season is definitely something to be forgotten. 

On 02/08/2022 at 11:26, Crispypaul said:

stuff

I just wanted to show my appreciation of you also taking charge of Iran and Busan as I did in my career / story a while back.

I couldn't stop the new force of China in the Asian Cup final myself, but I too enjoyed winning dramatic league (playoffs) and the Champions League in Korea's Second City.

Good to see Azmoun and Gholizadeh banging them in, oh how I'd love to see Roberto Mancini take the reins. :lol:

114087594_KaizerChiefsCrest.png.104ab39d6ae10765413b071dcc69d5c6.png

Kaizer Chiefs FC: 2028/29 Review

After losing in the final of the Champions League last season I came into a self-defined final season determined to write that wrong and complete this leg of my journey by lifting the crown. The summer months were spent plucking as much good talent I could from a limited pool of available players that would need my squad registration requirements for said Champions League. I found a couple of decent enough players and then for good measure spent £500,000 on striker Thamsanqa Williams from title chasing Amazulu. Domestically they would prove a huge threat though as they spent a fortune in recruiting top talent to try and snatch away our league title.

I forgot to take a screenshot of the league table but the final standings certainly would not remotely sum up the campaign. We didn’t lead the league standings until the final whistle of our final game as we defeated Amazulu 2-0 away to leapfrog them and snatch the title at the last available point. All of this pressure coming despite us going the entire league campaign undefeated. A run of five straight draws just before the winter break left our title defence in tatters as we trailed Amazulu at that stage by a whopping eleven points. Summer arrival Thamsanqa Williams proved a real key arrival, bagging 25 goals in just 26 appearances. This title was especially satisfying as focusing on the Champions League saw me rest all of my available players for a large number of league contests.

1696604933_UnbeatenRun.png.c87f2c77af7398def97b2060637f3879.png

Having lost just once at the beginning of last season we ended the campaign with this quite ridiculous unbeaten run that is of course still open to be grown.

Outside of the league we had further honours to add to our collection. Amazulu ended our Super-8 Cup run by dismantling us in both legs of our quarter final, but once more we went on to win the Knockout Cup soon after. That victory taking my tally to three in a row. We also managed to navigate our way through to another SA Cup final in spite of me resting players all the way through our run. The draw was king to us until the final where we would meet bitter rivals Orlando Pirates.

1073121781_SACupWin.png.e98f0043218cbe41425094cc40da9cd4.png

No sweat. A first half hat trick from our big summer signing secured a sensational victory as we blew our rivals away in forty-five devastating minutes. 

That leaves the big one, as I chased that elusive Champions League crown. I have no doubt that if registering players hadn’t proven a problem, I would already have chalked this trophy off at this stage. 

1074332657_CLWin.png.b23336c68d65de5f7a1d5faef3f239c8.png

Making a second final appearance in a row we went better this time in clinching victory and lifting the trophy. We breezed our way through the early rounds and in truth the only scare we had, came at the semi-final stage against TP Mazembe. We smashed them 4-0 at home in the first leg and despite of that I decided to name the strongest available team for the return fixture. We got incredibly lucky as we were on the receiving end of a shock 1-4 defeat that saw us prevail by a single goal. 

339587843_CLCelebrations.png.3f63c71063f1080f5ab9f89726fbc498.png

So my time in South Africa draws to a close in the best way as we lift a ridiculous four of five available competitions. In truth we were sensational throughout and I suppose the only disappointment has to be the loss in the Super-8 Cup preventing us from a clean sweep. I’ve loved my time with the Kaizer Chiefs but it’s time to go as my contract draws to a close. They’ve desperately tried to keep me here but my mind is made up. I leave with a nice collection of medals though.

1569455334_AfricaHonours.png.53db3af8fa95594c6f05b20861bf05b8.png

I’ve pretty much decided where the next leg of my journey will be, but for now I’ll keep just a little suspense. I was hoping for a job in said nation would come available as the season in South Africa drew to a close, but it didn’t. I’m going to let my contract run to its end before resigning and waiting for a good opportunity to come available. I’m nervous to move on from possibly guaranteed success, but also excited to try my ways in a different nation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2026/27	Kaizer Chiefs		S.Africa Premier	  1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners
2027/28	Kaizer Chiefs		S.Africa Premier	  1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners
2028/29	Kaizer Chiefs		S.Africa Premier	  1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, African Champions League Winners, SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners

1/5 Club Continental Championships (2028/29 African Champions League)

0/1 World Tournaments

TOTAL: 3/32

Crest.png.1805547131dd92f1486d930992c92fb9.png

Inter Miami FC: Takeover Report

My departure from Kaizer Chiefs left me with a kind of somber feeling, but thankfully it wouldn’t take me long to pick up a new role and take my managerial journey on its next big trip. The USA would be my destination, and Miami my new home. 

1484008587_MiamiHiring.png.ab63b29882c0cf8c4f35fbac71168925.png

Having won the MLS Cup in 2028 the team would suffer something of a humbling campaign as they finished 11th in the MLS Eastern Conference and 22nd in the Supporters Shield. A pretty woeful attempt at defending their crown. My arrival came shortly after the conclusion of the campaign and just about four months on from my resignation in South Africa.

Upon arrival it was clear to see I had inherited a squad that seriously underperformed. Within it was a good blend of youth and experience and there was quality across all positions. Straight away I could see a lack of defensive options that probably didn’t help matters and one of my early plans would be to bulk up options in that part of the field. The attacking portion of the squad looked extremely healthy, although star winger Emerson Rodriguez came to me straight away asking for a new challenge away from the club.

My early plans are to strengthen the squad depth significantly, and we have plenty of financial power to do that. Initially I hope to grab a prospect or two from the upcoming draft and then look to trade for some solid and consistent MLS performers. My hopes are to put together a decent showing in the 2030 MLS season, and the club also have the North American Champions League campaign. Hopefully I can take us far in that competition. They’ve already qualified for the knockout rounds and that’s where I will pick up the campaign.

2028/29	Kaizer Chiefs		S.Africa Premier	  1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, African Champions League Winners, SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners
2030	Inter Miami FC			MLS			  -

0/1 World Tournaments

Vikeologist's 2025/6 Kaizer Chiefs Report 

Image result for kaizer chiefs fc

20221117091233_1.thumb.jpg.1383150de94f0e8d9f70fb7470bb25ff.jpg

Finished 2nd and won the Confederations Cup, so in the end a good season, but it didn’t seem like it was going to be for most of it.

When the full game came out, it coincided with a massive downward spiral.

We were nowhere near the top of the table until a run of wins near the end meant that we could secure the title with wins on our last 2 matches. The trouble is that our final 4 matches were over just 8 days. It was the same last season, and it’s probably going to be the same every season.

We lost our penultimate match, because I was going all out for the win, but victory in our final match with results elsewhere going our way, means that we finished 2nd. I’m hoping that will qualify us for the Champions League. 2 teams qualified last year despite it not being a S African team winning the competition.

Things are not all rosy at the club though.  One of my best players not wanting to re-up, plus a couple of others that truth be told I can live without. Despite being the biggest club and well under our wage budget, we remain in debt.

Hopefully I can win the title next season and compete for the Champions League, if actually in it.

No suitable international jobs have come up. Hopefully after this summer’s World Cup.

Top Goalscorer – Elijah Masinga / Sphesihle Maduna - 19

My strikeforce is rotated a lot between 3 strikers including Masinga who is just 17. I have a new striker arriving in the summer, and will have to try to sell my supposedly best striker (not Masinga) who can’t be registered for continental competitions (AFAIK).

Maduna is an attacking midfielder whose contract is up and is weighing his options.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Kyle Molefe – 7.39

Molefe is only 16. He would have had the highest rating last year as well if not for the 10 match requirement.

Man of The Match – Sphesihle Maduna – 7

Hopefully he’ll decide to stay.

Most Valuable Player– Sphesihle Maduna

Maybe only because you always want the one you can’t have.

Domestic
Season	Team		Division		Position	MVP		Notes										
22/23	Black Leopards	S African L1		5th				Took over with 8 matches to go.Edge of relegation to edge of promotion.
23/24	Black Leopards	S African L1		1st		Kiyaam Bull 	SA Cup Q/F
24/25	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Prem		10th				Took over with 6 matches to go. Won SA Cup.
25/26	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Prem		2nd				Won Confederations Cup.

International
Year			Team				Achievements
23-24			Fiji				Oceania Cup S/F
24			Morocco U23			Olympics Losing Finalists

Challenge Progress 1/32

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues 			
 1/10 domestic cups 		(S Africa)							
 0/5 club continental championships		
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments 		
 0/1 World Cup	

29301.png?lm=1551282073

BEIJING BSU 2022

Joined the team in September 2022, after an 8 straight loses with the team 1 point over relegation. And the beggining was magnificient! A 3-0 debut, following a draw and another win, to make it 7/9 point in the first three games. After that, october came with 1 win, 1 draw and 2 loses to a total of 11 out of 21 point for my first 2 months in charge. At that time I was 9 points over relegation, and thought to myself this was going to be easy... too early. Took 6 defeats in the last games of the season, just to get to the last game of the season with all to play for relegation... Fortunately, JJ Liansheng was losing 5-0 at halftime, so I avoided the first sacking of the save despite losing 2-0.

17eec9f7cb9309e9e024efaf2e30fb05.png

Main problem I have found out is the first team squad is only 16 players and that U21/19 are not at the level to be promoted... So I will have a busy transfer market. Also, the club has a transfer embargo until february 2023, but it will make a little impact as transfer market opens in april and next season usually begins in april also, so some minor problems for the preseason only.

Title counter obviously is 0/32 at the moment, so no need for a long post for now!

Crest.png.76f4db676a317be38792efa2e722b547.png

Inter Miami: 2030 Review

After a trophy laden spell with Kaizer chiefs I departed for the next leg of my journey in the MLS. A complicated league system but one I kind of understand now after several attempts at this challenge had brought me here previous. I joined a side who massively underperformed last season, despite lifting the MLS Cup the season previous. Hopes were high and I was confident I could improve fortunes quickly and efficiently and without the need to go crazy in the transfer market.

I used the draft first, bringing in a striker for cover and centre back Kevin Lopez to offer competition. In fact, by the midway point of the season he had impressed and forced his way into the starting line-up as a regular. On top of that were three foreign arrivals. Marlon Renteria and Gabriel Pinatares came in to offer midfield cover, and I parted with £850,000 to sign Thai central defender Promphong Boonto. The 18-year old came in with the wonderkid tag and would immediately become a regular at the heart of our defensive line. Our biggest arrival would be young goalkeeper Spencer Mace, who I parted with around £5,000,000 to pick up from Montreal who had only just acquired him in the draft. He would go on to be a hugely inspired signing and finish 3rd in the MLS goalkeeper of the season award.

325785616_ECTableend.png.1371ee6508958ba77235dc149bae4798.png

The early stages of my time here proved difficult. We struggled for consistency in the MLS although we did string a decent run together in the Champions League. Ironically our form domestically improved dramatically after Cruz Azul knocked us out in the semi finals of the Champions League after dismantling is 2-5 on aggregate. After that our form took a positive turn though. We strung together some good results to climb ourselves up the Eastern Conference. We finished in 3rd place and with it qualified for the end of season play offs.

1183741565_PlayOffs.png.657bacad4db7654cec6b2886be67f7de.png

We breezed our way through to the final as we continued a run of straight victories into the post season. A final against Colorado Rapids awaited us and gave us the immediate opportunity to fight for the MLS Cup.

405799276_MLSCup.png.1566399c2c02b3ab5d7616e611c5a2ef.png

We put in a great display, only to be undone by an absolute wonder strike right at the end of the 90 minutes. We looked in control at 1-0 up and then did really well to fight back after they turned the tie around. At 2-2 I was confident we’d see it through, but we were beaten by a stunner. The goal came so late we didn’t have time to fight back and ended up having to settle for runners up medals. 

1877427039_USCupFinal.png.7d265534c35cf1fb5cd0fffc0f8080b2.png

Frustratingly we would lose in another final this season, although this one was much more conclusive. After seeing off New York City, Toronto and rivals Orlando City we were completely and comprehensively outplayed in the final as we suffered a 1-4 defeat. We fell behind early and never looked like being able to drag ourselves back into the game. 

I have to be happy with my first season here but definitely end the campaign with a sense of what if. Two opportunities to win silverware passed us by and means we will have to come back stronger next time around. I have no doubt in my abilities to strengthen in the off season and I’m sure we can have another go at it next time around. We have qualified for the Champions League again too, so next season it’ll be about trying to win every available competition so I can move on once more. It won’t be straightforward but I’m excited to have a go.

I also picked up the international role to manage Mexico midway through this season. The Gold Cup takes place midway through my next season so hopefully I’ll be able to kick off the international side of my challenge. So far I’ve just won a couple of friendlies that we were favourites for anyway. 

2030	Inter Miami FC		MLS				  	  3rd

2030-present	Mexico				  -

0/1 World Tournaments

Crest.png.5f3774adbd002c98499d7983bd6d3f85.png

Mexico: 2031 Gold Cup

Whilst my early progress in this challenge has come with club football, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take charge of a strong looking Mexican side. My days started well enough as I managed to pick up friendly wins whilst also managing to try out some new potential squad members.

The Gold Cup would come across midway during my season with Inter Miami and ranked 13th in the world we were to enter very much considered amongst the favourites. We lost a couple of real key players to injury just before the tournament, but I still felt confident that we could go all the way. The USA and Canada would provide the sternest tests, but this Mexico squad looked strong and more than up to the task.

Group.png.2111722917db75a76e35d7bd1ccb7d79.png

We breezed through our group to make the quarter finals after a very good run of games. It took just 6 minutes of the tournament to score our first goal, as 30-year-old Santiago Gimenez got us going. In fact he scored a first half hat trick as we breezed to victory over Trinidad and Tobago. Next up we comfortably saw off at Kitts and Nevis before finishing up with victory over El Salvador to complete a clean sweep. We’d already qualified before that finale, so I used the opportunity to rest a host of our key players.

Knockouts.png.0f6ba7c68bbe9cd252cb70dfe41f8df6.png

Our Quarter Final was pretty friendly, and I restored our key men to try and assure our passage into the last four. We dominated Suriname and in fairness it was always going to be a matter of how many rather than whether or not we would win. We took the lead on five minutes and never looked back. 

Our semi-final was a more nerve-racking affair although we still got the result we needed fairly comfortably. We took an early lead but despite dominating proceedings we struggled to grab that vital second goal. By the time the whistle came we had managed to get that second goal, but it took until the 82nd minute to get it. The Canadians did grab an 88th minute goal back but we managed to hold on and secure our spot in the final. 

1063010066_GoldCupFinal.png.1f5c32c7f893f50a8fdb2c1502640a33.png

The tournament hosts and our biggest rivals the USA awaited us in the final and the match certainly didn’t disappoint. 

Unsurprisingly for a game of its important the contest proved a cagey affair. Both teams were reluctant to push to many bodies forward and for that reason it was no great surprise to still be sat at 0-0 at the end of 90 minutes.

In truth the game was extremely even and as underdogs I guess I should be happy to have taken the tie all the way to a penalty shootout. I couldn’t help but feel frustrated though as we did manage to create some good chances to win the game in regular time. Penalties are a lottery and on this occasion, we were the ones to miss out. In truth the quality of our penalties was woeful, and we deserved to be on the receiving end of the defeat.

Another potential trophy for the challenge comes and goes and in truth I’m starting to get a little despondent. My teams seem to buckle under pressure and that’s at both club and international level. I came into this tournament fully confident that my team would go all the way and so to fall short is destroying. The Mexican FA plan to keep me in charge but for now I’ll take my time to decide my next move. On one hand I’m tempted to stay for the next edition of the Gold Cup in a couple of year's time, but on the other I don’t know how much faith I have in this set of players to deliver on the big stage next time anyway.

2030	Inter Miami FC		MLS			  3rd
2031	Inter Miami FC		MLS			  tbc

0/1 World Tournaments

7418113a97d86a453ea72c7189cf2606.thumb.jpg.4cc352864301759dabb3aacd48531b04.jpg

Nigeria - 2026/27 Update

AFCON has arrived and at the helm of the highest ranked African nation in the world I only had one aim, win the trophy.

908240680_Screenshot2022-11-17at22_02_07.thumb.png.9132092caf7b8fa458beba79bff4dafd.png

We qualified from the group with relative ease but a 4-1 defeat at the hands of Mali was a bump in the road we could have done without.

1600626745_Screenshot2022-11-17at22_05_12.thumb.png.736a7966a13c5b11352ad321804fa99f.png

Thankfully our defensive frailties were only a one game blip as we overcame Ghana, Cameroon and Morocco with a run of clean sheets. Our opponents in the final, Algeria, also managed the same feat. 

1012989453_Screenshot2022-11-17at22_08_24.thumb.png.ffa9737174388080b6102a5b7efabe91.png

and with that, another competition has been checked off!

The final was comfortable for the most part with a 2-0 lead until the Algerians scored a penalty with 15 minutes to play but it was the only chance they had of hitting the back of our net. 

The search for a new International job is on...

Just to mention for anyone managing in S Africa, you're unable to register players who've previously played in either the African Champions League or Confederations Cup. (For another team, obviously).

In player search, you can apply filters for players who haven't played in these competitions (under General - Cup Competitions played in).

Edited by vikeologist

On 06/10/2022 at 19:37, SkyjumperTalon said:

TREBLE WINNERS!

Club

It was an incredible season, winning the treble and building one of my strongest teams ever. I'm not entirely sure where I'll be going for my next team but as of right now it's looking like Eintracht.

Challenge Progress
Club: Daegu F.C.

Domestic Leagues

2022: India (Aizawl FC)
2024: Indonesia (Persib Bandung)
2027: South Africa (Orlando Pirates)
2030: South Korea (Daegu FC)

Domestic Cups
2025: Indonesia (Persib Bandung)
2026: South Africa (Orlando Pirates)
2031: South Korea (Daegu FC)

Club Continental
2028: Africa (Orlando Pirates)
2031: Asia (Daegu FC)

Continental

2027: Africa (Senegal)
2031: North America (USA)

Global

TOTAL PROGRESS: 12/32

Club
Season        Team                Position            Notes and Achievements
2021/22        Aizawl FC            1st                Champion of Airtel I-League, Indian Confederation Cup. Runner-up in Durand Cup
2022/23        Aizawl FC            3rd at resignation  Resigned with 1 game left in the season (title already decided). Joined Bhayangkara partway through the season. Runner-up of Durand Cup again
2023           Bhayangkara          4th                Runner-up of Piala Indonesia. Qualified for Asian Confederation Cup. Sacked after declaring international job interest
2024           Persib Bandung       1st                Champion of Go-Jek Liga 1. QF in Piala Indonesia.
2025           Persib Bandung       1st                Champion of Piala Indonesia
2026           Persib Bandung       1st (at time of departure)
2026-27        Orlando Pirates      1st                Domestic Quadruple (League, MTN 8, Telkom, Nedbank)
2027-28        Orlando Pirates      1st                Treble (League, Nedbank, Champions League)
2028-29        Brentford            6th                Lost in Playoff Semi-Final
2029           Daegu FC             3rd
2030           Daegu FC             1st                League Champions
2031           Daegu FC             1st                Treble (League, FA Cup, Champions League)

International
Season         Team                Competition                Notes
2022/23     Indonesia U-23         U-23 Asian Cup Quals      Guided the team to an unlikely qualification after beating Thailand 2-0 in an upset. Every goal mattered, qualifying as a 2nd place finisher on goal difference
2024        Bermuda                CONCACAF WCQ              Resigned after 2026 WCQ failure
2025        Congo RC               CAF WCQ                   Qualified for 2026 World Cup
2026        Senegal                World Cup                 Lost in Third Round to Brazil
2027        Senegal                AFCON                     Won in Final vs Morocco 4-1, resigned after win
2029        USA                    CONCACAF WCQ              Qualified for 2030 World Cup
2030        USA                    World Cup                 Quarterfinalists
2031        USA                    Gold Cup                  Champions

MVPS
2021/22: Richard Kassaga
2022/23: Travis Major
2023: Andik Vermansyah
2024: Wander Luiz
2025: Agus Santoso
2026-27: Agus Santoso
2027-28: Agus Santoso
2028-29: Shakur Omar
2029: Mariano Gomez
2030: Paik Sang-Hoon
2031: Cho Sang-Jun

image.thumb.png.602c18cee867c61c429636b1e1e7ed70.png

TREBLE WINNERS!

Club

A trophyless season sees me staying at Monterrey for at least another year. We almost won the Clasura but lost in the final. I'm hoping to take a treble next year.

image.thumb.png.351926a7c6b7c363b2a0af0c746cd9d9.png

Challenge Progress
Club: CF Monterrey

Domestic Leagues

Domestic Cups

Club Continental

Continental

Global

Club
2021/22        Aizawl FC            1st                Champion of Airtel I-League, Indian Confederation Cup. Runner-up in Durand Cup
2022/23        Aizawl FC            3rd at resignation  Resigned with 1 game left in the season (title already decided). Joined Bhayangkara partway through the season. Runner-up of Durand Cup again
2023           Bhayangkara          4th                Runner-up of Piala Indonesia. Qualified for Asian Confederation Cup. Sacked after declaring international job interest
2024           Persib Bandung       1st                Champion of Go-Jek Liga 1. QF in Piala Indonesia.
2025           Persib Bandung       1st                Champion of Piala Indonesia
2026-27        Orlando Pirates      1st                Domestic Quadruple (League, MTN 8, Telkom, Nedbank)
2027-28        Orlando Pirates      1st                Treble (League, Nedbank, Champions League)
2028-29        Brentford            6th                Lost in Playoff Semi-Final
2031           Daegu FC             1st                Treble (League, FA Cup, Champions League)
2031-32        CF Monterrey         Cl. 1st            Lost in Clasura final

International
2022/23     Indonesia U-23         U-23 Asian Cup Quals      Guided the team to an unlikely qualification after beating Thailand 2-0 in an upset. Every goal mattered, qualifying as a 2nd place finisher on goal difference
2024        Bermuda                CONCACAF WCQ              Resigned after 2026 WCQ failure
2025        Congo RC               CAF WCQ                   Qualified for 2026 World Cup
2026        Senegal                World Cup                 Lost in Third Round to Brazil
2027        Senegal                AFCON                     Won in Final vs Morocco 4-1, resigned after win
2029        USA                    CONCACAF WCQ              Qualified for 2030 World Cup

MVPS
2031-32: Daryl Dike

Crest.png.5c4ce216e2f1a3d6560f3bf1233dcc2d.png

Inter Miami FC: 2031 Review

After two failures last season to win a trophy, I came into this campaign full of hope that with improvements to the squad we could do something similar. My confidence took a hit midway through the season with my Mexico failure too, but this season in truth was all about Miami.

We came into the season with some hope after a fairly successful off season trying to strengthen the squad. We parted with a large chunk of allocation money to sign winger Mariano Pacheco from Charlotte FC, also sending them a trouble causing winger he was to replace. On top of that a holding midfielder arrived from Houston Dynamo’s and we also signed a backup striker to add to our depth.

We started the season fairly well before we started to drop lots of silly points. The New York Red Bulls flew top of the conference table, and it became apparent quickly that we were fighting it out for 2nd place. I wasn’t too fussed in that as long as we made it to the play-offs and had the opportunity to try and win the MLS Cup.

Outside of the league we crashed out of the US Cup early, losing to Philadelphia Union after a late goal. The Champions League campaign also started, and we have already managed to qualify from the Group Stage and into the knockout rounds. The next phase of this competition will take place during the next MLS campaign.

234398012_MLSTable.png.bd1a6d1d90d41bb763cb9d3ac3f1099e.png

We would end our Eastern Conference campaign in fourth after a fire run of straight losses at the end of the season. Five defeats in our last six saw us slip a couple of places which was pretty hard to watch. In the play-offs we would get through the first round on penalties before suffering a heavy and humiliating 0-4 defeat away to the New York Red Bulls. That defeat drew the campaign to a close, and I couldn’t be happier with that.

After the success of challenging for honours during my first campaign here, this campaign has to go down as a huge disappointment. It’s not that we played particularly badly (minus the last few games). We just simply weren’t as good. Defensively we were decent again, goalkeeper Spencer Mace actually being named the MLS goalkeeper of the season. Unfortunately, despite 21 league strikes from last season's draft pick John Seinfeld we just didn’t score enough goals. I’ll be looking to add some real quality to our ranks during the off season to try and bounce back next season. I want success here and I feel like it needs to come as soon as possible. I’m still very much in favour with the board here, but the end of the season did see the fans start to lose a bit of faith. I’m confident I can win them round though, hopefully with a nice haul of trophies.

With Mexico we breezed through our Nations League group winning all four matches we played including a ridiculous 12-1 victory over Barbados. We will meet Canada in the semi-finals midway through next season. After that the focus will be on the 2033 Gold Cup, and hopefully vindicating our final loss last time around.

2023/24	 Polokwane City		S.Africa Div1		  1st (C)		SA First Division Winners
2024/25	Mamelodi Sundowns	S.Africa Premier		   -
2031	Inter Miami FC		MLS			  4th
2032	Inter Miami FC		MLS			  tbc

0/1 World Tournaments

Crest.png.eaf8ec5f2f406c104e1c84f0f570bb7e.png

Mexico: Gold Cup 2032

My second major international tournament would come as an opportunity to correct the wrong I felt in losing the final at last year's Gold Cup. We arrived at the tournament (hosted by Chile) after an impressive spell. We had smashed our way through to the North American Nations League semi-finals. Having confirmed my squad for the Copa America prior to that, my team would thump Canada 5-0 in the semi-finals and book a final berth against the USA.

1902574035_NationsLeague.png.c8a4ba26be40a6f2a6afc8379e29f533.png

In the end a huge defensive error would cost us as the USA defeated us by just an early goal. I’m disappointed to miss out in another final even if this one doesn’t mean much. As a manager my record in finals really is starting to turn bleak. The USA have now beaten my Mexico side twice, the only team to defeat us.

That send us into the Copa America hosted by Chile. I was confident in a good showing although in truth not expecting to challenge for the trophy. We weren’t considered amongst the favourites and that was just fine with me. To me it was about performing well enough to hold onto my job for next year's Gold Cup campaign.

702121052_GroupStage.png.4718fa12c9a0ca64b28fa6370246c66b.png

We managed to breeze our way through the knockout stages with a minimal of fuss as my team really stepped up to the plate. 

We fell behind early on to Bolivia in our opener but produced a mind-blowing performance to run out 5-1 victors. A first half blitz then saw us sweep aside a tricky looking Uruguay side. Our first big test came against Argentina, and we did brilliantly to fight back twice to rescue a 2-2 draw. A victory over Venezuela then saw us qualify for the knockouts and enabled us to rest a number of key players for our last group stage game. Despite a number of changes, we still ran out 5-0 victors.

1656016379_CopaQF.png.9a94347dfc6342db1fa7afd63a64c17b.png

Yet again it was those pesky Americans that saw us falter. We didn’t produce a good enough display, and we weren’t helped by an early red card. Not surprisingly our elimination saw my job come into serious jeopardy. My plan was to produce a performance good enough to keep my job for next year's Gold Cup, but that came into serious doubt after our disappointing early elimination.

In the immediate aftermath of the tournament, I was unceremoniously sacked. I wasn’t surprised but I was disappointed. I departed with a pretty impressive record that included twenty victories and just the three defeats. Frustratingly all three of my defeats came against the USA and on all three occasions they came in competitive matches. I’ll dust myself down and focus on Inter Miami for now, but with plans to return at some point soon to the international management stage.

2032	Inter Miami FC		MLS			  tbc

2030-2032	Mexico				  -

0/1 World Tournaments

Hello guys, I'm back playing, I decided to only hire players that I can sign up for the competition and I managed to win, I'm free of the bug

MARUMO GALLANTS  27/28

AFRICAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 

Spoiler

image.png.c9ea635c0caebe1fa68aac7723b100f5.png

image.png.23ebb2300b5b2e792a3936f204280fdc.png

image.png.20829d1e7d47c0d3ae333ffa022535c7.png

CUP WIN

Spoiler

image.png.281e8d84fabd89fee4e12d67af867e90.png

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa)

1/10 domestic cups (South Africa)

1/5 club continental championships (Africa Champions League)

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/1 world tournaments ()

5 horas atrás, vikeologist disse:

@JoaquimoraisGlad you've managed to get past the bug, and have kept going.

I've found it very difficult to find players who are eligible, and good enough. Mind you, I'm still in the early stages of my first ACL campaign, so maybe it will work out ok. I have about 4 players I couldn't register.

Tyyyy

---

FC SEOUL - 27/28

image.png.ec000df307b8df0eead83055a6499e4e.png

Crest.png.8a7737adc2a2469cc1664c1cad68a135.png

Inter Miami FC: 2032 Review

After a really good first campaign here in which we lost two cup finals and opportunities for trophies, last season was disappointing. We did alright in the Champions League but suffered early defeats in both the US Open Cup and the end of season MLS Play-offs. This time around I wanted a trophy, and I was determined to start to chalk off the trophies I needed here in North America. 

I focused my pre-season targets on strong players capable of coming straight in and improving our starting eleven: first up was Adam Rose who we traded around £5,000,000 for to Toronto FC. He’s a striker who can also play on the wing and I brought him in to play out wide and offer us some more goals aside from striker John Seinfeld. Our most exciting signing was 21-year-old Serbian midfielder Nebojsa Dordevic who joined on a free transfer after his release from TSC of his homeland. He’s a real quality option to play central for us and i was excited to get him involved.

300784723_2032Table.png.3e6925f6ad875ae93e7265ca38a5f190.png

We would win the Eastern Conference this season as well as coming 2nd in the Supporters Shield (two conferences combined by overall record). Striker John Seinfeld was the turning point, banging in 21 league goals for us over the campaign.

Our play off semi-final gave us Atlanta where Seinfeld would score a stoppage time goal to put us into the Eastern Final. We dominated against New York FC, and despite having left back George Bello sent off just moments into the second half we picked up a sensational 4-2 victory.

That win would give us a spot in the MLS Cup and my second appearance with this club.

1492060311_MLSCupWin.png.b199aaa54d2a5c4c95928a5f83e60f52.png

This game would see us benefit from an opponents red card as we ran out 3-1 winners to lift the trophy. A very pleasing victory and my first piece of silverware as manager of this team. We were brilliant throughout the season and fully deserved to walk away with the trophy.

749855094_MLSCelebrations.png.e2c8dbb2193013025b9df68cb1977155.png

Outside of the league we had a pretty disappointing time of things though. Bitter rivals Orlando knocked us out of the US Open Cup, and we lost our first two Champions League group games to drop into the play-off rounds. Thankfully just after winning the MLS Cup we navigated through two potentially tricky play-off rounds to return to the main draw of the competition. We will join the Quarter Finals at the beginning of next season. Next season becomes all about going as far as we can in the Champions League having worked hard to get back into it.

2032	Inter Miami FC		MLS			  1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners,
2033	Inter Miami FC		MLS			  tbc

2030-2032	Mexico				  -

2/10 Domestic Leagues (2026/27 SA Premier League, 2032 MLS Cup)

0/1 World Tournaments

TOTAL: 4/32

Crest.png.9ca6373f1bc26f88cafdd9dc1cea6b40.png

Inter Miami FC: 2033 Review

Another season draws to a close in Miami and this one really goes down as a failure. We came into it as the reigning MLS champions and with the latter stages of a Champions League campaign to look forward to. It’s fair to say none of this season went in any way towards something I would look back on fondly.

1144174410_2033Table.png.803ea02542301de5e0f480817964d3b7.png

In truth a woeful season and one which I am glad to say is over. We had a truly disastrous start and actually only managed to finish that high up after a solid ending to the campaign. Defensively we were nowhere near as strong as the past couple of seasons and this time around we didn’t score enough either. John Seinfeld ended the season with just 8 league goals, actually going twenty league games in before scoring his first of the season. In fact, he was so poor that striker Darwin Aguirre (traded midway through the season) ended up as our highest scorer with a modest nine league strikes.

Outside of the league things weren’t any better. We crashed out of the US Open Cup at the first hurdle and despite fighting so hard to return to the main draw of the Champions League, we were comfortably beaten in the Quarter Finals. Worryingly I haven’t managed to take my side car in this competition at all so far. Thankfully the new edition of it began though, and we navigated through to the knockout stages with ease on this occasion. We won all but one of our matches to progress as group winners when our new campaign kicks off. The season also finished with another cup final loss as we lost 0-1 to Cruz Azul in the Campeones Cup, the North American version of the continental Super Cup.

2033	Inter Miami FC		MLS			  10th
2034	Inter Miami FC		MLS			  tbc

2030-2032	Mexico				  -

0/1 World Tournaments

TOTAL: 4/32

29301.png?lm=1551282073

BEIJING BSU 2023

996bf0fab2090e28ebe3f424bae34223.png

Second season with Beijing BSU. After avoiding relegation last year in the last game of the season, the objective was to remain in the chinese second tier for one more year: I would say it was more than achieved. The offseason was full of work - signed 11 players for the first team which ended up being key almost all of them. It wasn't a good job in the striker position: I had a lot of hopes in Ye Gouchen, but he only scored 8 from 32 matches. I also was awful in the Chinese Cup: being taken out in the first round by a club without a division - what a shame.

Also of note, I realized that 10 players in the chinese U19 squad were free agents, so... what can I say, I signed them all :D

I am making progress out of the pitch: In only one season, I got National C and B licenses, and studying for National A. Now, the offseason comes, and I am a little in doubt as I think I should step up to chinese first division. I will see what options are best, will change teams if I have an interesting offer, but happy to start in the second tier and jump to a team in relegation positions in the new season.

Title count: 0/32

Vikeologist's 2027 Iran Asian Nations Cup Report 

See the source image

Before the tournament

My first international tournament that counts towards the challenge. It’s always the international achievements that elude or delay me. For sure, I have a record of consecutive flops in the ACON that ranks amongst the leaders in challenge history, but Asia is always tough because it’s only every 4 years and there’s only so many nations offering a good chance to win.

Iran stand a chance, but the friendly results haven’t been anything amazing.

Just before the first match, our first choice goalie picked up a tourney ending injury, and then in the 3rd match I realised my new goalie was taking all the throw ins. (My fault. He is by far the best at them, but I hadn’t realised I had a goalie selected).

Group Stage

Iran   5-1    Lebanon

Iran   3-1    Oman

Iran   3-0    Vietnam

Easy enough, although this was a really easy group. Next up is Jordan, who are ranked about the same as the lot above.

Second Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Iran   4-0    Jordan

Another easy victory, and the favourable draw continues with Uzbekistan, although they’re a slightly more difficult opponent.

Quarterfinal (if applicable)

Spoiler

Iran   2-1    Uzbekistan

We were cruising, so I took off some of my best players to rest them or avoid suspensions. Trouble is that we were only cruising 2-0, and when we conceded a penalty the Uzbeks were back in it, and even had a good chance to equalise in the closing seconds, but we saw it out.

We’re playing Oman for the second time in the tournament in the semi. Suspensions and injuries are taking their toll in defence, but we should be ok.

Semi-final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Iran   3-1    Oman

We had a player sent off for a second yellow when there was still no score, but we overcame.

However, S Korea in the final is a whole different level from everyone else we’ve played.

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Iran   0-4    South Korea

Really one-sided. Admittedly we would probably have only lost 1-0 from a needless penalty had I not chased the game, but we were outclassed. Not sure we had a shot on goal.

After the tournament

Spoiler

How frustrating! If I’m going to win the Asian Cup, I’ll need to wait for South Korea to have a vacancy. Might even add the league so I can go there after South Africa.

There’s a couple of are some African national jobs after the ACON, so hopefully I’ll get one of those. 

I'm quitting Iran. 

Domestic
Season	Team		Division	Position	MVP			Notes										
22/23	Black Leopards	S African L1	5th					Took over with 8 matches to go.Edge of relegation to edge of promotion.
23/24	Black Leopards	S African L1	1st		Kiyaam Bull 		SA Cup Q/F
24/25	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Prem	10th					Took over with 6 matches to go. Won SA Cup.
25/26	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Prem	2nd		Sphesihle Maduna	Won Confederations Cup.

International
26-27			Iran				Asian Nations Cup losing finalists

Challenge Progress 1/32

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues 			
 1/10 domestic cups 		(S Africa)							
 0/5 club continental championships		

International
 0/1 World Cup	

On closer inspection, none of the top African nations sacked their managers. The only viable ones were South Africa (who are ranked very low and snubbed me anyway) and Morocco who are only ranked 10th in Africa. I'm not sure whether to take the job, or hope a better one comes up in the next 2 years. Spending lots of time on international management sucks if you end up not winning anything.

Edited by vikeologist

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

On closer inspection, none of the top African nations sacked their managers. The only viable ones were South Africa (who are ranked very low and snubbed me anyway) and Morocco who are only ranked 10th in Africa. I'm not sure whether to take the job, or hope a better one comes up in the next 2 years. Spending lots of time on international management sucks if you end up not winning anything.

Take the Morroco job as they have a decent squad and it might lead you to get a better International job down the road.

Previous:

On 27/10/2022 at 19:58, Anners said:

Previous:

2046/47 & 2047/48 Season Report

Club: Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa)

The logo of Mamelodi Sundowns F.C.pngShirt badge/Association crest

A double update here because I genuinely forgot again for 46/47!

Mamelodi Appointment

Thailand Appointment

2046/47:

League - Cup - Africa (N/A)

2047/48:

League - Cup - Africa

DSTV Premiership:
A couple of fairly interesting seasons in South Africa! The 46/47 season saw us go toe to toe with Kaizer Chiefs. I thought we'd have the title Coming Home, but they kept their form up and took the trophy. 47/48 saw a few players come in and Oh My God, was it a bit of a better season! We only lost 2 games, playing our Modern Way whilst keeping up our performances in other competitions. We finished 17 points clear as we took the league title pretty comfortably in the end. Anyway, I've got to hope the Heat Dies Down after inputting all these Kaiser Chief songs so Thank You Very Much for reading this far. I Predict A Riot when someone actually reads this and replies...

Cup Competitions:
It's easier to lump these all together, as there was quite a few! We managed to win the Nedbank Cup in 46/47 - which I think is the main cup competition although I can't quite be certain as South Africa's a bit confusing! We backed it up in 47/48, winning the Telkom Knockout and the Nedbank Cup again thankfully.

CAF Champions League:
South African teams have been dominating this cup lately (I'm presuming having South Africa active for this long has helped this), so in what might have actually been the most stressfree continental competition I've played in (and I include CONCACAF in that!), we pretty much strolled through the entire competition on our way to winning it and knocking the final continental cup competition off my list!

2047 48 league win2047 48 africa win

Thailand National Team:

AFC Asian Cup Groups - Knockouts

In the middle of my South African adventure, the Thailand job came up. Now one of the better teams in the AFC, I figured we'd give it a good shot. South Korea are utterly dominant in this part of the world now, winning 4 AFC Asian Cups in a row so I knew we'd come up against it if we faced them.... which we did.

We were actually pretty decent throughout the tournament, controlling games well. We came up against our first proper test in the knockouts in the form of Australia in the Semi Finals, only squeezing by in a penalty shoot-out before the meeting with the South Koreans. Unfortunately, we were taught a footballing lesson which resulted in a 3-0 loss in the Final. It's a shame, but I wasn't fully expecting to win this competition and might struggle if South Korea keep their stranglehold.

History:

End of Challenge Report!
I've actually had this completed for a few days, but I've recently moved house so been a bit of a pain to try get the time to post!

We finished the last post at the end of 2047/48, so we'll pick up there but we only have 7 competitions left (5 domestic cups, AFC Asian Cup and World Club Cup) remaining, so I'll only post about them as those are the only competitions worth it now!

2049/50:
After the Mamelodi Sundowns CAF Champions League win, I resigned from the club, but ended up taking the Spain job to try to keep the reputation high enough to get a decent job. That did happen, and we ended up with the Man Utd job:

Man Utd Appointment

2049 world club cup win

2049 50 cup win

We managed to knock off one of the domestic cups and the Club World Cup back in England. Managed a relatively straight forward Club World Cup, especially in the final as you can see! English football is massively ahead, so we managed to take this opportunity with both hands for once! Also, a nice little EFL Cup victory means we're done in England.

2050/51:

As before, we resigned at the end of the season, before a trip to a familiar hunting ground in Inter Milan! We managed to get the Serie A title in 2032/33 with them, but we left before taking home the cup here.

Inter Milan Appointment

Although that wasn't the only appointment because after the 2050 World Cup, the dream Asian job became available.... South Korea! They got dumped out by Sweden and Honduras in the Group Stages and considering their stature in Asia, it wasn't that surprising. I was actually managing Spain in this World Cup still, so there was almost both eyes on the job especially when they lost to Honduras in their first game.

South Korea Appointment

2050 51 cup win

2051 asian cup win

Took the wrong screenshot for the Inter cup win, but I think that's good enough? Thankfully took the right one for the AFC Asian Cup win because jesus christ that final took about 5 years off my life!

Another couple of tournaments were knocked off the list and at this point, we had almost the entire world available to us in order to get the remaining 3 cup competitions.

2051:

After another couple of swift resignations from Inter and South Korea, we didn't need to actually go that far and stayed in South Korea to take on the Ulsan Hyundai job.

Ulsan Hyundai Appointment

Ulsan were one of the best sides of South Korea, so thankfully landed on our feet here! At this point of an FM career, I feel it gets a bit easier moving around into new jobs as the AI can be quite bad in putting teams together. In this case it was exactly that, as we didn't actually lose a game, although we only played around 20.

2051 south korea cup win

2053:

Bit of a jump here, as we only played a couple of games in the 2052 season, so easier to pick up here. After the South Korean cup win, we moved to Sweden and IFK Goteborg. Unfortunately, I don't have the screenshot of the appointment sadly.

2053 swedish cup win

And now, for the last but certainly not least...

2053/54

Over to Shakhtar Donetsk and Ukraine for the final Cup Competition.

Shakhtar Appointment

Ukraine cup win

The final one and it was actually quite nervy until the 2nd goal! That completes the cup competitions and completes the challenge!

Stats:

image.thumb.png.22ea8cd94e70293d5a328769e880434a.png

image.thumb.png.76039c630ad6f4042ca4927d2a4202a1.png

I'll probably try FM23 at some point, but I was struggling a little towards the end!

On 19/11/2022 at 15:28, SkyjumperTalon said:

TREBLE WINNERS!

Club

A trophyless season sees me staying at Monterrey for at least another year. We almost won the Clasura but lost in the final. I'm hoping to take a treble next year.

image.thumb.png.351926a7c6b7c363b2a0af0c746cd9d9.png

Challenge Progress

Domestic Leagues

Domestic Cups

Club Continental

Continental

Global

Club
2031-32        CF Monterrey         Cl. 1st            Lost in Clasura final

International

MVPS

Mexican Champions!

Club: A solid season from the start. It was by no means perfect, but we were able to finish first in the league table. Our quarterfinal draw was never a concern, generally always in control. Our semifinal draw was terrifying from the start, a careless red card meant that we were level on aggregate, but we ended up winning by being the higher seed. In the final, we did well to hold onto a 0-0 result against Queretaro, before managing a 2-1 win in the final where we were in control until another silly red card late on. But, it was too late for any comeback, and I come out of the opening season as league champions!

My focus now with Monterrey is to somehow scratch a win out of Copa MX (though we may not qualify out of group... rotated my squad too much), and obviously to try to take the champions league.

I resigned from the USA and wasn't able to snatch any good international jobs coming out of the 2032 Euros or Copa America, so I may just try to find a solid team coming out of the 2034 World Cup and try to take the Euros or Copa America with them. 

image.thumb.png.211db9cae1d10219ea93803f71041149.pngimage.png.93128dc8bcfa64d78a0dc6ecf3c650f0.png 

Challenge Progress

Domestic Leagues 5/10 (0 Big 5)

2032: Mexico (CF Monterrey)

Domestic Cups 4/10

Club Continental 2/5

Continental 2/5

Global 0/2

TOTAL PROGRESS: 13/32

Club
2022/23        Aizawl FC            3rd at resignation  Resigned with 1 game left in the season (title already decided). Runner-up of Durand Cup again
2023           Bhayangkara          4th                Runner-up of Piala Indonesia. Qualified for Asian Confederation Cup.
2031-32 CL     CF Monterrey         Cl. 1st            Lost in Clasura final
2032-33 AP     CF Monterrey         Ap. 1st            Won Clasura final

International

MVPS
2032-33: TBD

Crest.png.0ad9d0f8fbcc5d583e2496495480efbc.png

Inter Miami: 2034 Review

After a really poor campaign last season in which we finished outside of the play-off places I had decided that this would be my last campaign with the club. Our failures last season meant we wouldn’t have Champions League football after the latter rounds we still had of the current campaign (the North American Champions League runs from mid-season to mid-season). Having already clinched an MLS Cup it meant I could focus our attention on trying to win the continental competition whilst also having a go at the domestic cup. Luckily my successes here previously meant that my job was pretty much secure.

I focused our squad improvements on trying to add some depth, and a number of players came into the club. We drafted a couple of pretty poor players but thankfully used the trade system well to bring in a couple of really strong options.

I’ll start with the Champions League and thankfully this would turn out to be pretty straightforward.

922266310_CLWin.png.f7dfd7fd7b88bfe415509fafc4a86d96.png

We comfortably navigated through our Quarter Final before needing penalties to see off fellow MLS side DC United in the semi-finals. Having got through I had hope, but we would meet New York Red Bulls in the final. A side who always seemed to have our number. We took an early lead before suffering a turnaround to find ourselves behind. After that we managed to control proceedings and thankfully scored a goal to level the match at 2-2 and take it to extra time. Eight minutes into the additional thirty, Adam Rose would rise highest at the back post to give us a lead that we wouldn’t relinquish. We held on for the 3-2 win and with it the continental trophy I had craved.

1205924362_CLCelebrations.png.ba2b9befde426ff357c57fc73a611e78.png

Domestically I would have the luxury of being able to focus on the domestic cup, to try and grab the third and final challenge worthy trophy required.  Unfortunately, that didn’t work out for us and despite a pretty good performance we lost out on penalties to DC United at the Quarter Finals stage.

1278066285_MLStable.png.e6501ee635af4d785e572d6679384f2a.png

A poor ending to our campaign derailed an opportunity at winning the Supporters Shield, although our finishing position was a huge improvement on last season's 10th place. Striker Darwin Aguirre was the main reason, scoring an MLS high of 25 league goals. Defensively we made significant improvements and we fully deserved to return for the post season play offs.

Unfortunately, we would only feature in one match, as Charlotte FC saw us off 0-1 to eliminate us early. I was pretty disappointed but in truth we didn’t need to worry. The big one has been chalked off this season.

And with that my spell in the USA came to an end as I handed in my resignation ready for the next step in my journey. We won both the MLS Cup and the Champions League in my time here, although the domestic cup evaded us. I have enjoyed my time here though and now I move on excited for the next leg of my journey. I’m excited to move on but I’m not quite sure where my next destination will be just yet.

2034	Inter Miami FC		MLS			  4th			NA Champions League Winners,

2030-2032	Mexico				  -

2/5 Club Continental Championships (2028/29 African Champions League, 2035 NA Champions League)

0/1 World Tournaments

TOTAL: 5/32

Crest.png.98ce1bcbb52f096e56a5927d7cea0332.png

Flamengo FC: Takeover Report

So, I had been to both South Africa and the USA now, and to be fair I’d enjoyed success in both. My time with Inter Miami had been a bit more of a mixed bag than in South Africa but I’d managed to win a domestic title and the Champions League of North America and so was more than content.

My next move up the managerial ladder was an important one though, and I decided to do something a little different. I had almost decided to make Argentina my next destination before switching tack and heading for Brazil. Ironically a nation I don’t believe I have ever played in or possess a great deal of knowledge about. The decision of which club was a tough one, and I actually avoided a team already involved in the continental Copa Libertadores to take charge of Flamengo. The £20,000,000 transfer budget and media prediction of being title winners the main draw for me.

503809711_FlamengoTakeover.png.d3f13e6ef0e8e21183b4b4344be0fefc.png

I would be out of work a total of four weeks before getting this new job, and it’s an intriguing one. I have very limited understanding of the Brazilian setup, but it seems there is a regional league campaign followed by the national league. This season will be about building a squad capable of challenging whilst also ensuring that we qualify for the next edition of the Copa Libertadores. I’m hoping my time here won’t be as long as perhaps America and South Africa have been, but I am also unsure of how much I’ll enjoy it here. I’m keen to get stuck in though, and somewhat excited to try something completely new to me.

Initial thoughts aren’t particularly positive though. Somehow, we’re the bookmakers' favourites to win the league, despite the fact we have no professional goalkeeper and only one capable option to play up front. There also isn’t a single member of staff meaning that I’m going to have to graft to build a staffing team as quickly as possible. The team have won two from two so far in the Rio State Championship and I take charge just a few days before a game. It’s going to be a very busy spell for me early on as I look to begin to shape this club.

2035	Flamengo FC		Brazilian Premier	  tbc

2030-2032	Mexico				  -

2/5 Club Continental Championships (2028/29 African Champions League, 2035 NA Champions League)

0/1 World Tournaments

So here's a copy of the bug report I've included in the opening post of the thread, for anyone thinking of starting the challenge who reads this and not the opening post.

The main big in FM23 affecting this challenge is that in Africa you can't register players for the Champions League or Confederations Cup if they have ever played in either competition for another African side during the course of the save. This obviously limits your options, and if you're not careful, can really screw up your chances of winning the African Champions League.

It would appear that SI haven't fixed this and are never going to, so we just have to work our way around the problem. If you have any good players you can register, don't let them go, because you'll have a hell of a problem replacing them. Give them whatever they want and tie them up for years in advance.

Vikeologist's 2026/7 Kaizer Chiefs Report 

Image result for kaizer chiefs fc

The priority was to win the Champions League at the first time of asking. Once we’d done that we could sign whoever we want; bug or no bug, to secure the league.

Win the Champions League we did. I was very nervous before the final against Pyramids. I didn’t think they stood a chance against us, but you-never know. It was however a very one-sided 5-1 win.

That left us with one more match. The final league match of the season.

Sundowns 64 pts

Kaizer Chiefs (that’s us) – 63 pts

Amazulu – 63pts

It didn’t really matter if we finished 3rd. We’ve qualified for the CL next season as winners anyway, but win the league and my work is done, and given the number of matches you have to play in a season here, and how few of them are in the main league business, I was keen to get the job done.

Even when we went a goal up just before half-time though, I wasn’t that excited. All 3 contenders had very easy home fixtures and I fully expected Sundowns to win. Then an update came though that Sundowns were losing.

I had a few scary moments after making defensive substitutions thinking we’d scored a second goal, only for it to be ruled out, but our opponents never really threatened us, even though it was frustrating we couldn’t turn our dominance into goals.

We won the league, and my work here is done. Bye-bye South Africa and bug that SI can’t be bothered to fix.

Can’t quite believe it’s over so suddenly. Quite the last week of the season. (It never really looked over the last few months of the season that we stood a chance of winning the league).

Where next?

Well, the only other league I actually have loaded is China, but hopefully I can add another option over the (southern hemisphere) Winter. (Have added Mexico, since S Korea doesn't load until January).

Top Goalscorer – Elijah Masinga – 36

Still only 19, Masinga blossomed this year, even though he only started 36 matches because of necessary rotation. (It was a 57 match season. League games make up barely half).

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Elijah Masinga – 7.58

Man of The Match – Elijah Masinga – 9

Most Valuable Player– Mduduzi Shabalala

Sorry, but my defensive midfielder was my best player, and because I had no great backup, my most valuable.

Domestic
Season	Team		Division	Position	MVP			Notes										
22/23	Black Leopards	S African L1	5th					Took over with 8 matches to go.Edge of relegation to edge of promotion.
23/24	Black Leopards	S African L1	1st		Kiyaam Bull 		SA Cup Q/F
24/25	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Prem	10th					Took over with 6 matches to go. Won SA Cup.
25/26	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Prem	2nd		Sphesihle Maduna	Won Confederations Cup.
26/27	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Prem	1st		Mduduzi Shabalala	League, ACL, SA Cup, S8 Cup.

International
26-27			Iran				Asian Nations Cup losing finalists
27-			Morocco

Challenge Progress 3/32

Club
 1/10 top domestic leagues 		(S Africa)			
 1/10 domestic cups 			(S Africa)							
 1/5 club continental championships	(Africa)		

International
 0/1 World Cup	

Crest.png.7d17f8400461a54fbab610d4e0390d03.png

Flamengo FC: 2035 Review

Following successes in South Africa and the USA it was my turn to have a go in Brazil. A nation I don’t remember ever managing in before. Flamengo had taken the punt on making me their new manager and armed with a £20,000,000 transfer budget I set about improving the squad to be as competitive as possible. My aim was to clinch a finish high enough in the league to qualify for next year's edition of the Copa Libertadores, whilst also having a go at the Brazilian Cup. I focused my attentions on bringing in foreign recruits, although the limit of five in the matchday squad would be an issue. Two central defenders joined, with 34-year-old Gabriel my first, joining for £200,000 from my former side Inter Miami.

2141742469_RioStateWin.png.5645356ee9a4e544ac296e75e24efdaa.png

We began the campaign with our regional league competition, going all the way through to win the trophy. A very satisfying beginning to my time here. I’m truth the competition contains only a handful of topflight teams so any big side should comfortably make it through to the play offs. We threw away a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3 in the first leg of the final but put in an accomplished display to win the competition.

2121251855_FinalTable.png.4f67043692a25abf31424b0f2867ff73.png

We strung together a fantastic season, eventually finishing in 2nd and only missing out on the league title by way of goal difference. We got better and better as the season went on and in truth, I feel like we would have been worthy and deserved Champions. 20-year-old striker Leonardo was the man for us, banging over 25 goals during the campaign and consistently winning us points.

Outside of the league I cast aside the Copa Sudamericana and instead focused on the domestic cup competition. This didn’t go down well but a much-changed side flopped in the group stage and after a 0-2-4 record we crashed out having finished bottom. In the domestic cup we did much better but lost out on penalties to Palmeiras in the semi-finals. A disappointing way to end a really good run.

A pretty good first season here and it leaves me with lots of hope for next season. I wasn’t expecting to compete near the top of the league table and in the end, we came ever so close to actually winning it. At least with the Rio State Championship we managed to put a trophy into the cabinet here. Making the semi-finals of the domestic cup also classes a real success and next season we get to come back with the added bonus of competing in the Copa Libertadores. I will be going all out to try and get us to win that competition.

2035	Flamengo FC		Brazilian Premier	  2nd		Rio State Winners,
2036	Flamengo FC		Brazilian Premier	  tbc

2030-2032	Mexico				  -

0/1 World Tournaments

Crest.png.78a0c72a12acad8b744585243d5ba677.png

Flamengo FC: 2036 Review

Having finished 2nd last season I was confident that we could go into this season with ambitions of winning silverware. We had the benefit of competing in the Copa Libertadores this season too, and I would focus all of my attention on trying to do well in that continental competition too. The season didn’t start brilliantly as we managed to finish in 3rd place of the Rio State Chanpionship before losing in the semi-finals to end the defence of our title.

Champions.png.ac076dba2bbc603b9dd3b01d7be8887a.png

We strung together a brilliant campaign to lift the league crown and chalk off another trophy towards this challenge. We were brilliant from the first kick and to be honest the win was never in too much doubt. A run of thirteen straight victories propelled us clear and we would be crowned champions with an impressive five games remaining. The goal scoring exploits of young striker Leonardo were again the main bonus. He smashed 27 in just 25 appearances to help us to a first league title in over a decade.

The Brazilian Cup would prove a disappointment but I wasn’t too fussed as we strung together a great run in the Copa Libertadores. We went unbeaten all the way through to the semi finals where we would meet River Plate of Argentina. A 2-0 win away on the first leg gave me hope but we suffered a defeat to the same score line at home in the return. The lottery of a penalty shootout cost us and we missed out on a spot in the final. Athletic Paranelse would win the crown for the second straight season and to be honest I would’ve fancied our chances if we had made it through.

A good season sees us win the domestic title and put together a good run in the continental competition too. Next season I plan to push as far as I can in both the Copa Libertadores and the Brazilian Cup to try and chalk off two more trophies. My contract expires at the end of next season and I’m hoping I can walk away having won everything needed for me to complete the South American leg of this challenge.

2036	Flamengo FC		Brazilian Premier	  1st (C)	First Division Winners,
2037	Flamengo FC		Brazilian Premier	  tbc

2030-2032	Mexico				  -

3/10 Domestic Leagues (2026/27 SA Premier League, 2032 MLS Cup, 2036 Brazilian First Division)

0/1 World Tournaments

TOTAL: 6/32

On 01/12/2022 at 20:18, SkyjumperTalon said:

Mexican Champions!

Club: A solid season from the start. It was by no means perfect, but we were able to finish first in the league table. Our quarterfinal draw was never a concern, generally always in control. Our semifinal draw was terrifying from the start, a careless red card meant that we were level on aggregate, but we ended up winning by being the higher seed. In the final, we did well to hold onto a 0-0 result against Queretaro, before managing a 2-1 win in the final where we were in control until another silly red card late on. But, it was too late for any comeback, and I come out of the opening season as league champions!

My focus now with Monterrey is to somehow scratch a win out of Copa MX (though we may not qualify out of group... rotated my squad too much), and obviously to try to take the champions league.

I resigned from the USA and wasn't able to snatch any good international jobs coming out of the 2032 Euros or Copa America, so I may just try to find a solid team coming out of the 2034 World Cup and try to take the Euros or Copa America with them. 

image.thumb.png.211db9cae1d10219ea93803f71041149.pngimage.png.93128dc8bcfa64d78a0dc6ecf3c650f0.png 

Challenge Progress

Domestic Cups 4/10

Club Continental 2/5

Continental 2/5

Global 0/2

TOTAL PROGRESS: 13/32

Club
2022/23        Aizawl FC            3rd at resignation  Resigned with 1 game left in the season (title already decided). Runner-up of Durand Cup again
2023           Bhayangkara          4th                Runner-up of Piala Indonesia. Qualified for Asian Confederation Cup.

International

MVPS
2032-33: Daryl Dike

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONS!

A strong strong performance in the CCL led us to another trophy for the count, unfortunately we fell in Copa MX and so we'll be leaving Mexico with only two of the three possible trophies (league, continental).

Bayern looks like they could be losing their head coach, so we may try to make that jump to Germany. We'll see what happens. The win gave us a nice reputation boost so it's more possible than ever.

image.png.eca5917f7d1d36ed2f83d8ceb6861094.png

image.thumb.png.5dbebb17d51b6fac100b5df7b7cac748.png

Challenge Progress

Domestic Cups 4/10

Club Continental 3/5
2033: North America (CF Monterrey)

Continental 2/5

Global 0/2

TOTAL PROGRESS: 14/32

Club
2032-33 CL     CF Monterrey         Cl. 4th            Copa MX Quarterfinal, won CCL

International

MVPS

2032-33 CL CF Monterrey Cl. 4th Copa MX Quarterfinal, won CCL

7 hours ago, SkyjumperTalon said:

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONS!

A strong strong performance in the CCL led us to another trophy for the count, unfortunately we fell in Copa MX and so we'll be leaving Mexico with only two of the three possible trophies (league, continental).

Bayern looks like they could be losing their head coach, so we may try to make that jump to Germany. We'll see what happens. The win gave us a nice reputation boost so it's more possible than ever.

image.png.eca5917f7d1d36ed2f83d8ceb6861094.png

image.thumb.png.5dbebb17d51b6fac100b5df7b7cac748.png

Challenge Progress

Domestic Cups 4/10

Club Continental 3/5
2033: North America (CF Monterrey)

Continental 2/5

Global 0/2

TOTAL PROGRESS: 14/32

Club
2032-33 CL     CF Monterrey         Cl. 4th            Copa MX Quarterfinal, won CCL

International

MVPS

2032-33 CL CF Monterrey Cl. 4th Copa MX Quarterfinal, won CCL

PSG it is!

image.thumb.png.2ba08005c51b5531e4d82c1d35e3c91f.png

Crest.png.5a35189d15ae607bc5ba48b5590b4e7b.png

Flamengo FC: 2037 Review

I headed into the final year of my contract with Flamengo hoping to build upon the First Division title that we clinched last term. Two trophies in two years hadn’t been bad but I was itching to leave Brazil and to do so I needed to try and win the Copa Libertadores and grab my third continental crown as a manager. I rejected advances by the club in pre-season to sign a contract extension instead working on the idea this would be my final campaign in South America.

I spent a whopping £35,000,000 strengthening the squad as I looked to compete across multiple fronts. We parted with midfielder Leandro and £10,000,000 to sign Cruzeiro winger Victor Baggegio as well as paying the same club £9,000,000 for central defender Joao Victor. Perhaps our best business was in keeping young striker Leonardo at the club despite interest from PSG and a host of other European clubs.

248298296_RioStateWin.png.34fcc23d269127ec6889b70b9f0aa0d9.png

Our season began with both positives and negatives. We lost out disappointingly in the Brazilian Super Cup before bouncing back to go on and win the Rio State Championship once more. Leonardo smashed a ludicrous 22 goals across 12 matches as we breezed our way to a second title in my three seasons in charge.

The conclusion of the Rio State Championship saw the really important stage of our season begin though. Defending our First Division title would be the least of my focuses, but we had both the Brazilian Cup and the Copa Libertadores to compete with. Using the League as an opportunity to rest players didn’t help our defence and in truth we never looked like doing so.

848143470_FinalTable.png.6bc15d210ee0b0a3f6752c5457b838d5.png

The defence of our league title was a disappointing one as bitter rivals Fluninense raced to the crown comfortably clear of the rest. We actually ended the season strongly after what was a pretty woeful start. The mid season departure of striker Leonardo was a real blow for us as he joined Atletico Madrid after they activated his release clause. I tried to convince him to stay but it was no good and he departed. He’s started well in Spain though and carried on a pretty goal scoring spree.

1339732587_BrazilianCup.png.d3b7daaf1c5236360de57ee6b2f222aa.png

We did manage a fantastic turnaround to win the Brazilian Cup though, a fantastic achievement. After succumbing to a 0-1 defeat at home in the first leg I had my fears but we produced a brilliant second leg to lift the trophy. A 2-0 win and a fantastic performance saw us lift the cup after a couple of disappointing efforts in previous seasons.

CL.png.96da7acfb191cbf53753181b5f783dec.png

On top of that we managed the big one as just a couple of weeks after the Brazilian Cup turnaround we completed another one. The game was hugely tense but we did a fantastic job and eventually got the job done. Having breezed our way through the tournament it was fitting that the final would prove our most difficult test. We managed to pass it though and that was that.

1628953873_CLCelebration.png.dbb8293646fd4c5ee0920e8ceae9a4e1.png

So my contract draws to a close and it’s time for me to head off. I’ve managed to lift all three trophies of importance here and now I plan to head off to Asia. I haven’t loved Brazil but it’s certainly been intriguing. The long seasons are a bit of a slog at times but thankfully this third one in particular has proven to be worth the wait. Now I wait for my contract to run it’s course before heading somewhere new.

Outside of club football I’ve also returned to the international fold, taking the hot seat with Ivory Coast. After a quarter final elimination at the AFCON they parted with their manager and I jumped at the chance to take charge. Ranked 16th in the world there should be a genuine attempt at winning my first international honours. First up was World Cup qualification though and it proved more difficult than I had hoped. After beating The Gambia and Tunisia we drew with Morocco. That left us joint top with a game to play. Unfortunately our return game with Tunisia saw us lose 0-2 and slip to 2nd in the Group, thus missing out on qualification automatically. We would meet Saudi Arabia in a play off and thankfully a 2-1 victory saw us qualify for next summers tournament. I’m hoping to do well enough at that tournament to secure I get a chance of leading the side in the next AFCON in just over 12 months time.

2037	Flamengo FC		Brazilian Premier	  3rd		Copa Libertadores Winners, Brazilian Cup Winners, Rio State Winners

2030-2032	Mexico	
2037-      Ivory Coast			  -

3/10 Domestic Leagues (2026/27 SA Premier League, 2032 MLS Cup, 2036 Brazilian First Division)
2/10 Domestic Cups (2025/26 SA Cup, 2037 Brazilian Cup)

3/5 Club Continental Championships (2028/29 African Champions League, 2034 NA Champions League, 2037 Copa Libertadores)

0/1 World Tournaments

TOTAL: 8/32

29301.png?lm=1551282073

BEIJING BSU 2024

20d9fe9205d5e02b46ed65b721175df2.png

League Champions and promotion! Will be playing in chinese Superleague next season, after a great season in which we were almost all year in charge. Made only 5 signings, but they were key for success. In Chinese Cup got kicked out in fourth round, after a hard match up against Meizhou Meixian from superleague. Also, made it to won League One Manager of the Year:

ce626709649e8e72c1f49745c3aed0f4.png

At the moment, I am starting next season shyly - season is just over and will look after interesting positions in upper table teams in Chinese or Korean league, as I feel it would be the next step on the career. If not, avoiding relegation with Beijing BSU would be the objective.

Title count: 0/32

giving this a try after a few unsuccessful tries at the Youth Challenge.  Bought myself a new laptop so have just about every league loaded and after holidaying for a few months, took the offer at:

2022-12-15.thumb.png.db35d9d157b9b498a43e4bd5df2abe7b.png

They were sitting pretty in 6th position and only 1 point away from 5th place which qualifies for the playoffs with only two games remaining. First game was away to third spot San Luis which we won 3 - 2 after being up 3 - 0 until very late. Then at home to 4th last ended with a win and got me into the play offs in 4th spot.  We were drawn against 5th spot San Luis and after a sloppy 1 - 1 draw at home, we finishes the job in the 91st minute away from home. Also had a disallowed goal in the 94th minute but in the end it wasnt needed.  Surprisingly we cruised through the final play off two leg tie 3 - 0 on aggregate.

544621971_2022-12-15(3).thumb.png.41ee5e25285c1600ce81dc8705e7b6d7.png

Very opportunistic time to join this club (benefit of starting up so many leagues) and after 6 games of management, I'll be plying my trade in the Chilean First division.

676098467_2022-12-15(2).thumb.png.ae5e0bec4535dd58fedb66fd6faa7e95.png

This is me, a few months in - apologies i forgot to take a screenshot at the start:

2023600343_2022-12-15(1).thumb.png.1bfb4e8fd6a38b91f5c6e2f90d4415a0.png

December 2038: Career Update

Having left Flamengo after a successful spell in Brazil I made the decision to head to another nation I don’t remember ever managing in. After around a month out of work I moved to South Korea to take on the next leg of my managerial adventure.

Takeover.png.271fec092008f04b5e6b425ba405c7b0.png

I was torn between china and South Korea but found myself drawn to the job with Pohang Steelers in the South Korean K-League. Last season they finished a disappointing 3rd but had previously won three straight league titles. 

Armed with a transfer budget of a whopping £24,000,000 my job will be to try and win as many trophies here and as quickly as possible. The league will be a priority but I’d also like to put together a real crack at the Asian Champions League. With that sort of transfer budget I should really be able to put a strong squad together and have a real go at it. I’ve got around a month to build my squad before the new season kicks off.

I’ve been handed a two year contract with the club, hopefully I can win all I require for this challenge before that deal expires. Then I can head to Europe and try to chalk off trophies on a quicker basis than I have managed so far.

2037	Flamengo FC		Brazilian Premier	  3rd		Copa Libertadores Winners, Brazilian Cup Winners, Rio State Winners
2038	Pohang Steelers		Korean K-League	 	 tbc

2030-2032	Mexico	
2037-      Ivory Coast			  -

2/10 Domestic Cups (2025/26 SA Cup, 2037 Brazilian Cup)

3/5 Club Continental Championships (2028/29 African Champions League, 2034 NA Champions League, 2037 Copa Libertadores)

0/1 World Tournaments

TOTAL: 8/32