Class of 92 ( golden generation ) on FM 20

in my 6th season as toon manager after spending 20-30mil upgrading youth facilities and level i got an exiting message about a golden generation of players, its december now so i cant sse the players yet but in march i should see what the so called golden regens are like, is this rare i havnt seen it before?

I wouldn’t get too excited... You won’t be getting 5/6 5* potential players.

Its relatively rare, and you should be able to get a couple of squad players out of it at worse.

On my Orient save, I’m currently in the Championship in the 26/27 season and I’ve had that message four times out of the seven and a half seasons I’ve been in charge. I’ve had some decent players come through but it’s relative to the ability of your squad. I’d say I’ve had five or six players in total who are good enough to play in the second tier and possibly move up to the Premier League.

I believe that intakes description are in compared to your last/best intake so if you get the message with golden generation - it can be your best intake TILL NOW or a real golden generation. I mean 2-3 first team players (3-3,5 stars) per 2-3 years are absolutely fine and normal.

1 hour ago, Bigpole said:

I believe that intakes description are in compared to your last/best intake so if you get the message with golden generation - it can be your best intake TILL NOW or a real golden generation. I mean 2-3 first team players (3-3,5 stars) per 2-3 years are absolutely fine and normal.

I thought it was based on your 1st team?

5 hours ago, Bigpole said:

thanks for posting, this theory is very interesting would like to know its its true!

Every season mine says golden generation, almost every year they suck so I wouldn't bother reading what they say. They usually say I have no players of a certain position but then get about 3 of them lol. ALso had it saying the CBs in this intake are not of the required standard or something, then when the intake came through, the CB was 5 star potential :D 

I had this first season with Birmingham City save. I don't want to say I was disappointed, however I wasn't overly impressed either (as I had built it up in my head that this was going to be an amazing intake). I had 1 very good player, then a good GK and a good CM, the rest wont make the grade by the look of it.