This game is the worst and most shocking version of FM to date

Sloman, what were saying is there is a way to speak to people to illicit the response you want! Name calling is not the way, and i was guilty, a little, earlier for which im sorry! The last few weeks on here have been full of people ranting/venting, getting angry, insults, name calling etc and it has to stop. Otherwise SI and others will just stop coming on here and we wont get any help at all, or input on new features!

I'm sure every single one of you lads can appriciate the dissapointment I am experiencing, we've all been there with technology or games, whatever. I haven't gone about things in the right way but this is purely down to past versions being nothing but brilliant. I really don't mind the personal insults, go for it.. Unless it fixes my game I am not interested.

If you want to get to the bottom of the issue you'll need to make a constructive post in the bugs forum explaining what's going wrong. Be prepared to upload save games and that sort of thing.

If this issue was effecting a lot of people then it would obviously be down to a screw up by SI and you'd have every right to rant at them. However, this issue seems to affect a minority of people so it can't be deemed SI's fault and your rant is pointless.

Despite that they'll still happily help you out if you go down the correct route.

Where do I begin?

Have been playing a LAN game with my flatmate on an 8mb connection, depressingly long loading screens. We constantly played FM08 LAN games without a single problem.

The bugs are beyond a joke.. Half way through a game players will randomly change positions with out our control. The typing issue I know everyone is having. The main problem is injuries. How can a virus leave a player out for 3 months? Or a sprained wrist for 5? A Gashed leg for a month? Pathetic.

The patch only makes things worse. How is it that SI can charge money for this game? We'd all be better off hooking up our psone's and playing LMA manager 98. I will not be buying another SI product and the entire team that produced this game should really go back to the drawing board because you ****ed up good and proper you bunch of incompetent cretins.

Nice one.

I take it your not happy with the game then?

Where do I begin?

Have been playing a LAN game with my flatmate on an 8mb connection, depressingly long loading screens. We constantly played FM08 LAN games without a single problem.

The bugs are beyond a joke.. Half way through a game players will randomly change positions with out our control. The typing issue I know everyone is having. The main problem is injuries. How can a virus leave a player out for 3 months? Or a sprained wrist for 5? A Gashed leg for a month? Pathetic.

The patch only makes things worse. How is it that SI can charge money for this game? We'd all be better off hooking up our psone's and playing LMA manager 98. I will not be buying another SI product and the entire team that produced this game should really go back to the drawing board because you ****ed up good and proper you bunch of incompetent cretins.

Nice one.

Charming individual aren't you? Even if what you say is true (I doubt it) there is absolutely no need for that level of personal abuse.

Sloman, what were saying is there is a way to speak to people to illicit the response you want! Name calling is not the way, and i was guilty, a little, earlier for which im sorry! The last few weeks on here have been full of people ranting/venting, getting angry, insults, name calling etc and it has to stop. Otherwise SI and others will just stop coming on here and we wont get any help at all, or input on new features!

Yeah mate, I did just say I have gone about things the wrong way. At the end of the day, I don't take back anything I have said, I haven't personally insulted any one of you.. I am purely angry at the creators of the game and definately went about it the wrong way but I do speak for a number of friends playing the game experiencing similar bugs with the injuries and players randomly playing out of position. I don't think thats acceptable and it has got me angry.

Try loading the latest drivers for your pc's ethernet port/card!

Also worth trying the latest firmware for your router (this also applies to your friend also as the problem may be there end, not yours!)

Think you said you have not tried a single player game yet....do it! If that is slow then it's a bigger problem (i.e. graphics card etc), if that is fine then it's a smaller problem but sometime trickier to solve as there are more things it could be. You should get your mate to do the same!

I know it can be very frustrating but the problem does sound more of a local one! Do the above and see!

Hope this helps!

Yeah mate, I did just say I have gone about things the wrong way. At the end of the day, I don't take back anything I have said, I haven't personally insulted any one of you.. I am purely angry at the creators of the game and definately went about it the wrong way but I do speak for a number of friends playing the game experiencing similar bugs with the injuries and players randomly playing out of position. I don't think thats acceptable and it has got me angry.

Injuries, pre-patch i would have agreed with you but now they are tolerable! As for players playing out of position, maybe its you tactics? mentality for example?

Fair enough, I can of course understand your disappointment and frustration.

Hopefully the guys in the bugs forum will be able to help you out as imo FM09 is excellent :thup:

Injuries, pre-patch i would have agreed with you but now they are tolerable! As for players playing out of position, maybe its you tactics? mentality for example?

Nah I mean in the sense that myself or my flatmate selects a team with all players playing in position and half way through the game a centreback will become a striker and the striker will become centreback.

Nah I mean in the sense that myself or my flatmate selects a team with all players playing in position and half way through the game a centreback will become a striker and the striker will become centreback.

i am in my second season and not once have i seen that thank god lol

I can't see it being a problem with my system, it has handled all the games I've put on it so far and it'd be insane if it couldn't run the least graphical game I play.

There's no guarantee the problems are anything to do with the graphics.

Report it as a bug, once done no need to moan.

Did it for the demo - told it would be fixed, wasn't fixed. Done it again since the patch, "its under investigation" - i was just replying to someone who said goalkeepers getting assists wasn't a big deal. Well, yes it is when they are the most creative players in the division.

Haha well my flatmate was playing as liverpool and in EVERY game Carragher would switch positions with Torres without him clicking anything. It doesn't happen as often for me but it is frustrating when you clock it at around 70 mins that you're losing because you have a slow centerback up front.

Haha well my flatmate was playing as liverpool and in EVERY game Carragher would switch positions with Torres without him clicking anything. It doesn't happen as often for me but it is frustrating when you clock it at around 70 mins that you're losing because you have a slow centerback up front.

You mean slow, fouling, cynical centre back who can only pass backwards or sideways, surely :D

I know this might seem like a silly question but he didn't have them set to swap positions did he?

I can honestly say I've never seen this or heard it mentioned before. Sounds very strange though.

There's no guarantee the problems are anything to do with the graphics.

I'm running a Sony Vaio, Intel Centrino 2, 6GB ram, ATI Radeon graphics card, blu-ray 1080 full hd. So far I have played COD5, Far Cry 2 and Counterstrike heavily on it without a problem, both online and single player so surely it can't be the system?

I know this might seem like a silly question but he didn't have them set to swap positions did he?

I can honestly say I've never seen this or heard it mentioned before. Sounds very strange though.

Nope, and its happend to me and I haven't set any of my team to switch positions. The only positional swapping I do is during matches on flanks or upfront, etc.

Yeah, Ive seen my goalie set up a few in the one season ive played. A couple of the times hes booted it up the field, the opposition goalie has come out to get the ball, its hit him on the head, knocks him over, then my player just taps the ball into an open net!! Funny to see, totally unrealistic tho.....and I wont find it funny when it eventually happens to me!

Sloman, I realise that you are gutted/annoyed etc. Reading through the forums, it does appear that there is an element of luck to whether your system likes FM or not. There are people with brand new awesome machines which hate FM, and some people with old, rickety ones which plays it perfectly. It may be that you have a system which, although on paper should batter FM, just doesn't like it.

It shouldn't be the case, but sometimes 'on paper' doesn't mean much. Having said that, if my brand new laptop which I bought just for Fm didn't run it perfectly, I would have gone nuts!

I'm running a Sony Vaio, Intel Centrino 2, 6GB ram, ATI Radeon graphics card, blu-ray 1080 full hd. So far I have played COD5, Far Cry 2 and Counterstrike heavily on it without a problem, both online and single player so surely it can't be the system?

Are you sure you have 6GB Ram, all the vaio's i've seem come with a max of 4gb ram.

Yeah man you could be right, it can happen. **** knows, guess I will get it seen to in the bugs section. Cheers for the help lads.

To anyone I offended during the rant, my apologies but my first reaction is the same as most people's, pure rage.

So you agree that a gashed leg should leave players out for a month? A sprained wrist for 2 months? Get real. If we're talking realism, Eduardo is almost back for Arsenal after snapping his leg yet on this game players will be out for months recovering from lifting heavy weights in the gym.

Just a thought but is the player who injured himself injury prone? Does he have low determination? Does he lack stamina and or natural fitness? A combination of all of the above could slow down someone returning to full fitness.

Just a thought but is the player who injured himself injury prone? Does he have low determination? Does he lack stamina and or natural fitness? A combination of all of the above could slow down someone returning to full fitness.

Nah, not a factor, it happens to all players regardless of stats.

Arm injuries would not leave an outfield player out injured for more than a week (unless its a break/dislocation). Strained wrists and damaged elbows (whatever that means) should not be an injury for outfield players.

Gashed legs are baffling - they'd be glued together, the leg wrapped securely and then the player would be back after a week at the most. Remember that dreaful injury James Vaughan had for Everton last season? where his artery was cut on his ankle? He was out for two weeks, and that's the worst gash you could possibly get.

Nah, not a factor, it happens to all players regardless of stats.

Arm injuries would not leave an outfield player out injured for more than a week (unless its a break/dislocation). Strained wrists and damaged elbows (whatever that means) should not be an injury for outfield players.

Gashed legs are baffling - they'd be glued together, the leg wrapped securely and then the player would be back after a week at the most. Remember that dreaful injury James Vaughan had for Everton last season? where his artery was cut on his ankle? He was out for two weeks, and that's the worst gash you could possibly get.

So what your saying is everyone in the world heals in a uniform way? I agree some of the injuries are for a longer period than i would expect mind! 3 weeks for a broken toenail anyone? lol

So what your saying is everyone in the world heals in a uniform way? I agree some of the injuries are for a longer period than i would expect mind! 3 weeks for a broken toenail anyone? lol

No, I was saying its not a factor in the game, but it should be, I was agreeing with you :)

You can injure your wrist or elbow by falling down and hitting the ground the wrong way. It's happened to me. So it is a realistic injury for an outfield player.

The one I never understood was 3-5 days for a stubbed toe.

Yes, but does it stop you from playing football?

I've broken my wrist and played football with a bandage on it, so I'm pretty sure a strained wrist wouldn't stop me from playing.

Maybe I'm just a tank :D

Stubbed toe is another one - its perfectly possible to play football with a stubbed toe, I get it nearly every week when I play football, I still play twice a week regardless of how many stubbed toes I have. Then again, a friend of mine won't play if he has one, so maybe thats just me again.

I cant believe some of the posts on here. Having a go at the lad because he hasnt produced a incredibly well thought out articulate masterpiece. Some of the folks would do well to actually go to a football match and see how many folks you get on with instead of the art gallerys or whatever incredibly intellectual hobbies you have. The lads shelled out money for the game and it has caused him many problems so hes venting, if you dont want to help or have something constructive to say (nit pickingis not constructive) then just dont.

Yes, but does it stop you from playing football?

I've broken my wrist and played football with a bandage on it, so I'm pretty sure a strained wrist wouldn't stop me from playing.

Maybe I'm just a tank :D

Clubs are a lot more protective of a player who they're paying £80,000 per week in wages though.

For what its worth; I have noticed during a network game that if one persons computer is considerably better than the others, then the better computer will be dumbed down due to the lack of ability of the poorer computer.

This happened to me during a network game of FM08. I bought a brand new computer back in January and when I continued my perfectly working network game I thought something was wrong with my computer as it seemed to run so slow and take longer than normal to load. It turns out it wasn't taking any longer then what I had been with my previous computer its just I was used to playing a single player game at lightning speed.

Where do I begin?

Nice one.

Time of the month?

Archived