“Play entertaining football”

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Phil M said:

In my club vision, there is a requirement to “play entertaining football”. 

Does anyone know what specific elements of the playing style/tactics this refers to?

Check out the tooltip, does that give you enough information?

I think the easiest thing to do would be ask yourself.....If I was going to football tomorrow what would I call entertaining football....then once you have answered that. Whatever it is implement it. 

If you are an accountant and 4--5-1 gets you going then so be it.

8 minutes ago, thatdamgood said:

I think the easiest thing to do would be ask yourself.....If I was going to football tomorrow what would I call entertaining football....then once you have answered that. Whatever it is implement it. 

If you are an accountant and 4--5-1 gets you going then so be it.

*Tony Pulis like this*

• 3 months later...
On 21/11/2019 at 11:59, Kick Wilstra said:

High tempo, short passing, positive or higher mentality, more intense pressing is what i do and the board is happy with the entertaining football on display

Is there a source for this claim, or just guessing?...

It's not a complaint but there probably should be a definition as 'entertaining football' is fairly subjective.  For example I'd imagine a lot of people would put tiki taka and entertaining football together but it bores me to death and I much prefer direct  / target man type football

On 29/02/2020 at 01:24, phd_angel said:

Is there a source for this claim, or just guessing?...

Which claim, that I set up my tactics that way and that I get the board feedback that they're pleased with the entertaining football on display? My save.

Why I get that feedback? Which particular instruction generates that feedback, or perhaps a certain combinations of them, or perhaps it's just the results it generates and the same results received with low tempo defensive setting would work too, I don't know, I never claimed I did, you're guess is as good as mine.